TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not seeing what y'all are seeing. And I can't imagine her post-bandage transformation will be very dramatic. Looking forward to being wrong.
MOO
I don’t imagine the new “job” will be dramatic, but that goes to my point, too. Plastic surgery might have been more important to her than her meager savings. Also, a “new look” can be in the eyes of the beholder, umm body owner.

Some people have a thing about engineered adjustments to their bodies. Just sayin’.

She might have dropped one of those Apple tags on MW and/or CS. People have been using them for stalking. If she was in the car driving, she would not be able to check the locators. She might have thought CS was with MW, when actually he’d left. She prolly thought she was gonna catch them in flagrante.

It could have been just plain rage that KA dumped MW’s bicycle.
The Daily Mail article says KA was tracking both MW and CS on Strava. That wouldn't surprise me as it would show their biking routes or even swims. She would have been able to put together that they were in the same place.

I still can't believe how dumb she was going to a popular tourist yoga destination, thinking she would get a nose job, and just blend in. She would have been better off getting a nanny job or something with some family in a remote area and staying off the grid. Well, I have no idea. I haven't put much thought into successful fugitive on the run plans. But yoga in Costa Rica in a place Tom Brady and Gisele frequent on your sister's passport seems like a poor choice.

She was arrested less than 10 days post nose job. She probably should be having a follow up appointment! Do they allow those in prison, ha. Any stitches to remove?

I don’t imagine the new “job” will be dramatic, but that goes to my point, too. Plastic surgery might have been more important to her than her meager savings. Also, a “new look” can be in the eyes of the beholder, umm body owner.

Some people have a thing about engineered adjustments to their bodies. Just sayin’.
What if she wanted to look more like her perceived rival? Here's a morph!

Screenshot_20220702-094644_(1).png

I looked at her high school photos. She was a very cute girl. Adorable nose. In those photos, she just looks like a younger version of her current self (current before the nose job we haven’t seen yet). She definitely has aged, as one would during that time and now looks older, more harsh now. Her forehead looks smooth and heavily botox’ed, but the rest of her face just appears the same except for the crows feet, a few wrinkles, a bit of sagging and rougher skin texture. I can’t discern a big difference other than age related differences. What are you all seeing that I’m not?

I'm actually gobsmacked that hostel is $50 a night. For a bunk with 7 others?

But, at $50 a night, she's going through her money fast. She shoulda gone to Bali: cheaper....
Remember, this is the Daily Mail you're quoting. They don't know the meaning of the term "fact check". So I did it for them: that's for a private room with ensuite, private balcony, etc. Dorm is about $17. Plus she was working at the front desk/yoga class to offset that.

I looked at her high school photos. She was a very cute girl. Adorable nose. In those photos, she just looks like a younger version of her current self (current before the nose job we haven’t seen yet). She definitely has aged, as one would during that time and now looks older, more harsh now. Her forehead looks smooth and heavily botox’ed, but the rest of her face just appears the same except for the crows feet, a few wrinkles, a bit of sagging and rougher skin texture. I can’t discern a big difference other than age related differences. What are you all seeing that I’m not?
Agreed. I don’t think she’s had any cosmetic surgeries other than Botox, which is just to maintain what you had, not alter anything. She may have had an “addiction” to that. But the rest as you say looks like natural maturing and aging.

I'm not seeing what y'all are seeing. And I can't imagine her post-bandage transformation will be very dramatic. Looking forward to being wrong.
MOO
I have to admit, I'm not seeing it either. I would expect some changes from high school pics to pics at age 34. Also, makeup can account for changes in skin tone. She certainly does not appear to have had extensive plastic surgery to me. And I am a guy, so what do I know, but it looks to me like her hair is probably naturally curly, and she straightened it in high school. If her hair is not naturally curly, that wanted pic is one high-dollar-perm, because those curls are gorgeous. On second thought, it may be a good perm, because in her pic from Costa Rica, it is definitely wavy with body, but not the flowing curls. Definitely not entirely straight though. I guess the prison salon probably isn't gonna work so well for her. JMO

Last edited:
KA should have $3000 or so remaining. I wonder where she stashed it. Possibly found on her person when she was apprehended? Buried on the beach? Under the mattress? Stolen? Dying to see first mug shot of her glam new look.

You mean like cosmetic surgery addiction?
Yes, exactly. We may find the adjustment she had made in Costa Rica is minor and not at all disguising. She might just plain have wanted a nose job for what she perceived as an imperfection.

This wasn't the first cosmetic intervention KA had. Austin LE used her failure to pay a botox bill as an excuse to haul her in for questioning: that was the context where they let her go.

Last edited:
I saw a video on YouTube of sister. KA and her sister look SO MUCH alike! I can easily see how using her sister’s passport fooled immigration. Her sisters’s hair appears more brown than red and doesn’t seem as full and lush as KA’s so maybe that’s another reason KA chopped her hair off and dyed it brown. If course, the real reason was to change her appearance, but was she trying to look more like the passport picture? Also, did I read that the sister applied for a new driver’s license shortly after KA left the country? Not such a bright idea!

I saw a video on YouTube of sister. KA and her sister look SO MUCH alike! I can easily see how using her sister’s passport fooled immigration. Her sisters’s hair appears more brown than red and doesn’t seem as full and lush as KA’s so maybe that’s another reason KA chopped her hair off and dyed it brown. If course, the real reason was to change her appearance, but was she trying to look more like the passport picture? Also, did I read that the sister applied for a new driver’s license shortly after KA left the country? Not such a bright idea!
IIRC, her sister applied for a NY drivers license , I think withiin 3 days of the time that KA left Austin and showed up at LaGuardia. I suppose it is possible that KA took her sister's Texas license, though that should have been surrendered to NY authorities. JMO

I have to admit, I'm not seeing it either. I would expect some changes from high school pics to pics at age 34. Also, makeup can account for changes in skin tone. She certainly does not appear to have had extensive plastic surgery to me. And I am a guy, so what do I know, but it looks to me like her hair is probably naturally curly, and she straightened it in high school. If her hair is not naturally curly, that wanted pic is one high-dollar-perm, because those curls are gorgeous. On second thought, it may be a good perm, because in her pic from Costa Rica, it is definitely wavy with body, but not the flowing curls. I guess the prison salon probably isn't gonna work so well for her. JMO
Agree! I believe her hair is naturally curly and she straightened it in h.s. She is sporting curly hair in Costa Rica. The humidity down there alone is going to make your hair do whatever it naturally is. For instance, I have very straight hair. I live in a VERY humid climate. I can’t curl my hair and expect to go outdoors and have it stay curled. My BF has curly - she can’t straighten it and expect it to stay straight when going outdoors into the humidity.

This article may answer a few questions that may or may not have been answered…but I still want to know how Costa Rican authorities located KA at the hostel.

June 30: Austin-based Deputy Marshal Brandon Filla tells CNN that Armstrong "changed her appearance drastically." Her long blonde hair is now "shoulder length and dark brown," he says.
He also reveals further details about the weeks-long search:
  • Armstrong previously "resembled" the person whose passport she used to flee the country. Filla does not say how Armstrong got the passport or if its rightful owner gave it to her.
  • After authorities learned of the name Armstrong might have been using to travel, US Marshals "worked with Homeland Security and looked at flight passenger lists." They found the name matching that passport on a May 18 flight from Newark to San José, Costa Rica.
  • They then scoured the surveillance cameras for the specific airport gate the flight left from and "ID'd Kaitlin Armstrong" boarding.
  • US Marshals contacted Costa Rican authorities, who located Armstrong at the hostel and detained her on an immigration violation for using a fraudulent passport to enter the country.
I wonder that too. Costa Rica is a pretty big country. Smart of them to prioritize yoga places in that area (she could have gone somewhere more off the beaten track) but still, there's hundreds of possible places she have could been, just in that region. Police can't have stopped and asked for the passport of every 30ish American woman hanging around yoga places...

I'm thinking tho, tourist police would have a good relationship with hotels/hostels in town, and might have gone round asking if anyone matching her name/description had recently showed up.

She may have had to show her passport when registering at the hostel, depending on how diligent they were about legal requirements. Feel sure they wouldn't be allowed to scan it, or have some kind of centralized country-wide database.

So, I think it comes down to either a tip, or a systematic check round by this local tourist police force.

But having that kind of local police is pretty rare, IMO must be a special expense by Santa Teresa businesses.to ensure it has a good reputation as safe. I think in many other places in Costa Rica, police wouldn't get so involved.

It occurs to me, the initial info, that implied she'd used the name Armstrong to sign in on a yoga class may have been garbled, rather, she may have had to use and show her sister's passport to check in to the hostel.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members