TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in the press conference that US Deputy Brandon Filla said Armstrong was “exhausted”, and that’s why she divulged her true identity “within minutes” of local police in Saint Teresa questioning her about her passport.

Since she couldn’t have access to her properties or money, and couldn’t see her sister or father, etc., a life in Costa Rica teaching yoga, living in group rooms in hostels, and scrounging from week to week under an alias was probably going to wear thin very soon. Perhaps she’s glad she was caught?
So here’s the contradiction… The Marshal said it took the whole 6-hour trip [presumably to San Jose] before she revealed her true identity.

I guess it went something like this….
—CR gumshoe cops tracked her down and identified she was KA
—CR gumshoes looked at the hostel sign-ins and knew she’d given a false name; these items alone qualified her for breaking the law; I would guess this is a very routine task for local authorities, since they want to keep their area squeaky clean of the “wrong element”
—now they had a proximate cause to grill her
—CR local authorities swooped down on her while she was at Don Juan’s (or whatever it’s called)
—CR local authorities asked her her name
—KA gave them a Martin alias
—CR local authorities dramatically looked her up in their database, knowing full well that name was not on their border entry database
—they ask for papers, knowing full well she doesn’t have a set that matches
—they take her to the local police station
—maybe she tells them now she’s really CA, hoping to forestall the next phase of CR LE process, which they’ve already dangled in front of her
—CR locals can now go into “full treatment for illegals”, load her into a car for the full “using a false name” and a fishy border entry story; time to “hand off to federal immigration authorities”, or that’s what they tell her
—the drive to SJ is 6 hours; she is stuck in the car with them, freaking out, and eventually provides her real name because right now she’s got her sister tangled up in this, and her sister is now going to be in deep doodoo
—at this point, she has an accident which requires a change of shorts when she gets to the CR federal admin building, jail, or whatever that place is with the first photos and the orange T -shirt
—there is an encounter with CR federal LE, perhaps with US embassy folks present; all is super over-the-top by the book, embassy witnesses and all
—she is put in the clink, while the 50 different LE players, including US Marshals get their official verbiage correct, get clean lines between deportation and extradition so a defense attorney can’t pick holes in the process…
—go from here…

Last edited:
So here’s the contradiction… The Marshal said it took the whole 6-hour trip [presumably to San Jose] before she revealed her true identity.

I guess it went something like this….
—CR gumshoe cops tracked her down and identified she was KA
—CR gumshoes looked at the hostel sign-ins and knew she’d given a false name; these items alone qualified her for breaking the law; I would guess this is a very routine task for local authorities, since they want to keep their area squeaky clean of the “wrong element”
—now they had a proximate cause to grill her
—CR local authorities swooped down on her while she was at Don Juan’s (or whatever it’s called)
—CR local authorities asked her her name
—KA gave them a Martin alias
—CR local authorities dramatically looked her up in their database, knowing full well that name was not on their border entry database
—they ask for papers, knowing full well she doesn’t have a set that matches
—they take her to the local police station
—maybe she tells them now she’s really CA, hoping to forestall the next phase of CR LE process, which they’ve already dangled in front of her
—CR locals can now go into “full treatment for illegals”, load her into a car for the full “using a false name” and a fishy border entry story; time to “hand off to federal immigration authorities”, or that’s what they tell her
—the drive to SJ is 6 hours; she is stuck in the car with them, freaking out, and eventually provides her real name because right now she’s got her sister tangled up in this, and her sister is now going to be in deep doodoo
—at this point, she has an accident which requires a change of shorts when she gets to the CR federal admin building, jail, or whatever that place is with the first photos and the orange T -shirt
—there is an encounter with CR federal LE, perhaps with US embassy folks present; all is super over-the-top by the book, embassy witnesses and all
—she is put in the clink, while the 50 different LE players, including US Marshals get their official verbiage correct, get clean lines between deportation and extradition so a defense attorney can’t pick holes in the process…
—go from here…
Yes, agree fully. I was just reading quotes this morning from the press conference where he described her as “exhausted” and claimed that’s why she confessed her identity “within minutes” of being arrested. I went back to the 3 articles I looked at this morning to link them, but they’ve all put up paywalls against me. :( I assume he meant those minutes were at the end of what you describe above.

Yes. Unless texts can be traced proving otherwise, she would be wise to feign ignorance, but I agree with you that she very likely knew all about it. How could KA keep that to herself under such stressful emergency circumstances?
I have always questioned when and where KA died and cut her hair. She obviously did this to try to match the passport she used to enter into Costa Rica. The person who dropped her off at the airport to catch this flight would have been aware of this change.

Trying to post this gingerly…

I have always questioned when and where KA died and cut her hair. She obviously did this to try to match the passport she used to enter into Costa Rica. The person who dropped her off at the airport to catch this flight would have been aware of this change.

She cut and dyed her hair after arriving in Costa Rica. BBM.

After Armstrong landed in San Jose, Costa Rica, she went about changing her appearance. She cut her distinctive reddish hair and dyed it brown.

Yes. Unless texts can be traced proving otherwise, she would be wise to feign ignorance, but I agree with you that she very likely knew all about it. How could KA keep that to herself under such stressful emergency circumstances?
Yes, how did KA explain her sudden arrival in NY if not the sorta-truth? And then leaving there within days? If CA really didn’t know about MW’s death when she saw KA, KA must have been one stone cold liar.

Yes but no. According to the photo, her hair at the airport was long and blond.

A thought about the possible crime of passion defense, based merely off of my illustrious legal expertise gleaned from TV shows. :p

Isn’t crime of passion more like this -

Woman comes home to her own house early from work, and gets surprised to find her partner and his lover in bed, and she shoots them.

- vs-

Woman purposely locating and entering another woman’s home, not finding her partner there, yet still shooting the other woman.
Here is how it's defined under Texas law:

Sec. 19.02. MURDER. (a) In this section:
(1) "Adequate cause" means cause that would commonly produce a degree of anger, rage, resentment, or terror in a person of ordinary temper, sufficient to render the mind incapable of cool reflection.
(2) "Sudden passion" means passion directly caused by and arising out of provocation by the individual killed or another acting with the person killed which passion arises at the time of the offense and is not solely the result of former provocation.

Yes, but . . . I think KA's legal team will lay the groundwork for a "sudden passion defense" during the trial, perhaps not explictly, but then they will formally introduce this defense during the punishment phase of the trial, which is apparently when you can introduce a "sudden passion" defense during a trial according to Texas law. To convince the jury, they will have to overcome premeditation. I don't know what their strategy will be, but I think they will have one.
I agree. They will most definitely attempt to prove this was murder 2.

NEW: Austin Police issue new search warrant for murder suspect Kaitlin Armstrong. Detectives want DNA samples to compare DNA collected at the east Austin where Moriah Wilson was shot dead.

In the search warrant, detectives said Wilson suffered possibly multiple gunshot wounds to the head and possibly one to the chest. Detectives said there was broken tile, indicating she could’ve been shot after she hit the ground. She had a cut on her finger and her chin.

Ricky Garcia KXAN Austin
Poor Mo. #justiceforMo

I get a very different vibe, based on what has been reported in MSM. KA and CA grew up with a mother who was an alcoholic and their father wasn't in the picture. Children who grow up in this kind of household have a very rough childhood, totally chaotic and have to take care of themselves to survive in the absence of parenting. Since KA was the older sister, I am sure she was a parental figure to CS. Their bond must be very strong.

With regard to their adulthood interests and their work choices and their travels, until the killing of MW by KA, they appear to have found livelihoods and lifestyles that they enjoyed and appeared to be successful. That has all come to a halt now, with the killing of MW by KA and it remains to be seen if CA is culpable for any role in KA's flight from justice.

I haven't seen anything in MSM about their home life growing up but would be interested in reading more if you can direct me or share any links. Thanks!

Poor Mo. #justiceforMo
I posted this link a thread or two ago, but I'll post it again because it's so important to remember the innocent victim in all of this.
gallery of photos of Mo provided by the Wilson family to KVUE, a TV station here in Austin. She was an amazing athlete in multiple disciplines.

Yes, agree fully. I was just reading quotes this morning from the press conference where he described her as “exhausted” and claimed that’s why she confessed her identity “within minutes” of being arrested. I went back to the 3 articles I looked at this morning to link them, but they’ve all put up paywalls against me. :( I assume he meant those minutes were at the end of what you describe above.
There were also 2 levels of deceit; I'm thinking she revealed them at different times. This would account for the seeming contradiction.
1. "I am not Liz Martin. I'm actually CA.
2. I'm not CA. I'm actually KA.

She cut and dyed her hair after arriving in Costa Rica. BBM.

I think she had the hair done professionally, since the dye job does a good job with the roots, and she doesn't have dye mess on the scalp. It could even have happened at a hole-in-the-wall walk-in, but I have a feeling, knowing what we know about her, she had it "properly" done.

I agree. They will most definitely attempt to prove this was murder 2.
In addition to swabbing KA for DNA to check against DNA found at the murder scene, I wonder if her prints were found anywhere in the house. An argument perhaps could be made that if her DNA was there, it could have been touch DNA that MW got on herself from CS while riding home on the motorcycle with him, Finding KA's prints, however would be hard to innocently explain away. If she was not wearing gloves, and her prints were recovered, that may point more towards a crime of passion murder 2 than if they did not find her prints anywhere, which may seem to indicate that she was wearing gloves, and went there with the plan to kill. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly