Status
Not open for further replies.
Formal Complaint against Kaitlin Armstrong— Document images:
p. 1. ibb.co/hcfcW6M
p. 2. ibb.co/bPdWJKG
p. 3. ibb.co/T88nXcm
p. 4. ibb.co/pv5rTmh
Thanks a bunch.

Her defense attorney is going to have a picnic with that since the passport was actually left behind. Obviously she took the passport and used it, but it wasn’t exactly found with her at the time of the arrest. It was left behind in a locker. I worry he will try to get this charge dropped.

What if we imagine the opposite? That it was Mo, beautiful, talented Mo who, in October decided that CS was not a serious future? She left, she didn't stay in Austin.. didn't invite him to VT... And he let KA back in, because he is not used to be alone and because with Mo, it did not seem to turn into anything long-term. But, CS was ready to abandon KA the first time Mo would say the relationship had potential? He knew it, and KA knew it. And KA was calling Mo out of despair, because she knew she was nothing against a younger, smarter, talented rival. After all, Mo came to Austin in May for a race, not for CS. And it was not a triangle, but simply: CS was in love with Mo, and hopeful.
I don't think CS would have left KA for MW.

Thanks a bunch.

Her defense attorney is going to have a picnic with that since the passport was actually left behind. Obviously she took the passport and used it, but it wasn’t exactly found with her at the time of the arrest. It was left behind in a locker. I worry he will try to get this charge dropped.
Same here. If they let her go because the Botox charge had an incorrect entry regarding her birthdate, here we go with this! Maybe they won't drop the charge, but it could become a mess of back and forth during a trial.

Was just pondering here - KA obviously has retained her attorney. And her sister will need one, as will Colin. Seems like from what I've read that KA could get hers for free if he opted to take on a high profile case pro bono for the exposure. What will the others have to pay for theirs??? So they can thank Kaitlin for getting them roped into this financial mess as I doubt any of their attorneys will assist them for free. What type of money are Colin and Christie (and anyone else??) looking at, roughly, to have to fork out?

Was just pondering here - KA obviously has retained her attorney. And her sister will need one, as will Colin. Seems like from what I've read that KA could get hers for free if he opted to take on a high profile case pro bono for the exposure. What will the others have to pay for theirs??? So they can thank Kaitlin for getting them roped into this financial mess as I doubt any of their attorneys will assist them for free. What type of money are Colin and Christie (and anyone else??) looking at, roughly, to have to fork out?
Lawyers are never cheap. You have them draft a one paragraph letter for you, and they charge you $500.00.

I'd guess an absolute minimum of a $25k retainer but probably more. I'm currently in touch with a big city law firm associate (not long out of school) for a civil matter and she's about $900 an hour. And when an attorney takes on these cases, they're gonna put in the effort ( and billable hours) because no-one wants to lose a high profile case.

Ok so I feel like we'll be looking at a slowdown in news on this one since the Marshals already had their press conference and there's no hearing for a coupla weeks. Who lives in Texas and wants to volunteer for asking KA for visitation rights to ask her some questions? If you get in, I can almost guarantee that you'd be a cinch for a first ballot Websleuths Hall of Fame inductee. I'd volunteer but I'm about 1,000 miles away and gas is 5 bucks a gallon.....
This is not as far-fetched as it might seem! WS-ers have done some "interesting" things over the years to re-create crimes, before and after.

I'd guess an absolute minimum of a $25k retainer but probably more. I'm currently in touch with a big city law firm associate (not long out of school) for a civil matter and she's about $900 an hour. And when an attorney takes on these cases, they're gonna put in the effort ( and billable hours) because no-one wants to lose a high profile case.
$900/hour - OMG

Formal Complaint against Kaitlin Armstrong— Document images:
p. 1. ibb.co/hcfcW6M
p. 2. ibb.co/bPdWJKG
p. 3. ibb.co/T88nXcm
p. 4. ibb.co/pv5rTmh

Big thanks @SMK777 for posting the latest criminal charges for KA filed in US District Court, District of New Jersey: Violation of 18 USC 1544

KA also faces charges in US District Court, Western District of Texas: Violation of 18 USC 1073

To be clear, the charges above are both filed in federal courts, and separate from the Felony Murder 1 (and theft of service - botox) charges filed by the state of Texas, Travis County District Court.

[@Niner - hello friend. This case is a doozy and we will need you here!]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question. Will she be tried on the Federal charges in New Jersey and/or in Texas? If Jersey, will she have to retain a different attorney who is licensed there? How does this work?

Last edited:
Her attorney may be licensed in multiple states. But those are good questions. Hopefully someone can answer them.
I was just viewing his webpage looking to see where he is licensed and I couldn’t find it, but I could have easily missed it.

He writes in his bio that his cases “never see the front pages of the newspaper, they just go away” (paraphrasing). Well alrighty then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly