TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard & old looking, she resembles hubby killer Dixie Shanahan in that photo. Tbf the knowledge of her alleged crime (w/o even viewing death scene photos of MW) register in her altered face, I see darkness, death & destruction - not a shred of former attractiveness. Same thing with Jodi Arias, before (attractive) photos then after viewing horrific death scene photos of what she did to her victim TA, I only see insanity, darkness & death.

Why scary? Plain Jane, definitely……but why does it scare you?
Her eyes. Thats what gets me. Very vacant and eerie how she looks so soulless. No life in her eyes....the eyes of someone who took another's life and who is forever changed from that. Terrifying. And MOO.
(My first time posting--that booking photo haunts me and I had to chime in.)

I am sure being on the run and the crime has taken it's toll on her emotionally and physically. There are no wrinkles on her face, but I agree her eyes look very strange. She might have been moving when mugshot was taken. I have never seen one where the person is positioned like that.

It is a little hard to tell exactly, as she isn't facing straight ahead, and I'm sure she would look better with eyelashes and makeup, and hair done, and granted, I have never seen a mugshot that is particularly flattering, but I think she was far prettier before the surgery. I thought her nose was fine the way it was, and don't see her new one as an improvement, and her face seems a bit puffy, under the eyes, (I suppose there may still be some swelling), but her cheeks have disappeared. Had she thought she may be caught within a couple weeks of getting the surgery, I bet she would have held onto her money. JMO

It is a mug shot. They usually don’t look that pretty. Plus, she has been under a lot of stress, and tired, too

It's hard & old looking, she resembles hubby killer Dixie Shanahan in that photo. Tbf the knowledge of her alleged crime (w/o even viewing death scene photos of MW) register in her altered face, I see darkness, death & destruction - not a shred of former attractiveness. Same thing with Jodi Arias, before (attractive) photos then after viewing horrific death scene photos of what she did to her victim TA, I only see insanity, darkness & death.
Yes, I do see what you mean.

I’m surprised KA looks as good as she does after all that’s she’s done (murdering Mo, being on the run, undergoing surgery) She looks scared, and empty, yes…but I’d look a heck of a lot worse after what she’s done! I remember coming home after a stressful college calculus exam and looking like death - a different person because I didn’t know if had passed. I was so stressed out, pale as a ghost, dark circles under my eyes - my classmates even commented. KA just looks a little tired, a little scared - not like she’s carrying the baggage and guilt of killing an innocent woman and being on the run for 43 days.

Her eyes. Thats what gets me. Very vacant and eerie how she looks so soulless. No life in her eyes....the eyes of someone who took another's life and who is forever changed from that. Terrifying. And MOO.
(My first time posting--that booking photo haunts me and I had to chime in.)
Yeah, they are a bit unsettling. Thanks for chiming in and deciding to post! ;)

May very well be happening. There are even companies you can pay a fee to have your mug shot removed from the internet. Although it would be too soon for that to be taking place. Wonder why her photos are being pulled?
I doubt it. Mugshots are generally considered to be public record in Texas. Only in select cases where the prosecution feels like it would jeopardize an ongoing investigation or prosecution would a mugshot not be publicly released. In this case, the mugshot has already been released so I don’t think they can retract it once it’s been released to the public.

I think it's also to fool facial recognition software, not just to look like her sister.
Here’s a rare photo still left on the internet of both KA and CA that isn’t the mountain top one where they’re both wearing sunglasses. Only her nostrils and tip seem “slimmer” now and the bridge more of a chiseled slope. Not sure this would fool any facial recognition scans. To me this before photo of her looks a lot more like her mug shot. Also, if the face work was done 6/23 (based on receipt found in her locker) then her healing is impressive. From what I know you could have swelling and bruising for weeks so will her nose shrink further in a few weeks? Doesn’t matter. Just thinking out loud. F908D863-186B-4BA6-8DBE-B25442C48D41.jpeg

I agree with that. I don't know the cycling community, but I've had contact with the climbing community.

There's always a lot of guys who care far more for their sport than any job or any woman, they are not the settling down, domestic types. They're hugely energetic in their sport, but lazy in everything else.

However, as they age, they realize they're in a precarious position financially, they need a fall back. If a woman is prepared to provide them with a home, and even better, a livelihood, they know they'd be a fool to throw that away.

But they don't want to be owned by her, and will definitely try to retain that freedom to have affairs on the side. They hope she'll accept that it's just the way he is...and many women with guys like that do accept it. (At the 'don't ask, don't tell' level).

This may have been the situation here, I don't know.

JMO
It is a very good explanation of the situation. To his defense, CS tried to start a business, or to monetize his hobby. So they were tied up, living together, and building his business, and her taking part in his sport, too.

I see him losing more with them splitting than KA.

I doubt it. Mugshots are generally considered to be public record in Texas. Only in select cases where the prosecution feels like it would jeopardize an ongoing investigation or prosecution would a mugshot not be publicly released. In this case, the mugshot has already been released so I don’t think they can retract it once it’s been released to the public.
I’m not saying it happened, and definitely not by the prosecution, but I was pointing out that there are companies that will remove your mug shot from internet sites for a fee, but it’s usually after a case is settled. It’s becoming more popular, and yes even Texas attorneys will help you get this accomplished. Obviously this has not taken place in KA’s case, but there seems to be less photos of her on Google, but that could be for various reasons.

Here’s a rare photo still left on the internet of both KA and CA that isn’t the mountain top one where they’re both wearing sunglasses. Only her nostrils and tip seem “slimmer” now and the bridge more of a chiseled slope. Not sure this would fool any facial recognition scans. To me this before photo of her looks a lot more like her mug shot. Also, if the face work was done 6/23 (based on receipt found in her locker) then her healing is impressive. From what I know you could have swelling and bruising for weeks so will her nose shrink further in a few weeks? Doesn’t matter. Just thinking out loud. View attachment 352657

There are similarities. The ears, the foreheads, the general shape of the face. The thing that is different are eyes, but I wonder if KA has already done eye surgery here to “open” the gaze? The smiles are similar.

I don’t think highly of CS, but I honestly can’t imagine how he’s dealing with this. The guilt must be consuming him. On a human level - even though I think he’s a cheater, I have a bit of empathy for him. He did wrong, but he could have never known KA was going to take a life. I’d hate to be in his shoes. This is not his fault, but his choices sure did play a role in this tragic case.
*Speaking completely generally here* but do you think, generally speaking, that repeat romantic cheaters feel guilt the way the rest of us do? I do not. I think repeated affairs and ongoing lying point to narcissistic qualities.

There are still plenty of still photos contained in videos of KA if you look on YouTube. Many of them taken off since deleted social media. Just search Kaitlin Armstrong and they should pop up as many people there are covering this case. Just watched one and compared her appearance to those close to her. I’m now convinced she cut, dyed and styled her hair to look more like her sibling. I learned new things too! KA and CA traveled the entire world together and mean everything to each other. Very very close and loving sisters. I think CA would have done anything to help her beloved sister.

Edited: um …plenty of KA photos on social media still up because the account has not been set to private. I just viewed a treasure trove of them. KA appears to have had some very wonderful travel experiences all over the world. Beautiful places, South Africa, Venice, Bulgaria, France, Thailand and so many other far away places, lots of friends, loving relationship with fam. Can’t even begin to understand why she would throw all this freedom away for a man who was cheating on her!

Last edited:
*Speaking completely generally here* but do you think, generally speaking, that repeat romantic cheaters feel guilt the way the rest of us do? I do not. I think repeated affairs and ongoing lying point to narcissistic qualities.
Yep, me too! I don’t think they feel much for the person they are hurting. But he has to be carrying some guilt because Mo is dead, but then again …I don’t know this man! He could quite possibly be only feeling sorry for himself.

KA was less than 10 days out of surgery. Her nose, especially the tip which is the last to go down, is still extremely swollen. That nose will come down a lot. That's not even close to her final outcome at all. (Well in terms of her nose at least.)

I just noticed from taking a second look at the letter from the plastic surgery center, that it specifies a blurred out name followed by a blurred out passport number. I hadn't noticed the passport number before, but now it convinces me that KA was definitely trying to pass as someone, and I'm still leaning towards it being her sister.

As some of you have already noted she has been unfailingly stupid in this case. If a young person full of potential hadn't died at her hands, I'd want to see her get the I, Tonya treatment.

Interesting thoughts. So are biometrics are highly deployed in airports right now? I thought because of privacy implications it was years away from general use.
Gate agent here, yes we use them at boarding gates on International Departures departing the US. Not all gates are equipped however. If you see a mechanical device ( IPAD size) near the gate reader, it’s a Biometric available flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler