TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she never put up photos of them all together with her?

Did she have loads of photos of them even if she wasn't in the photos?

Tia

I can only see her Instagram photos and she has 3 pics of her daughters posted. But now that she has passed there are all these friends posting pics and none of those are with all 3 of them. I would think for the memorial a family member would have at least one pic of them all together but they did not.

I'm so sorry if that's wrong. I thought I had read he had asked her to move out of his home.

If that's not true I sincerely do applogize.
That was a speculation that took of like a spark in a stubble field. I'm sure you saw several posts about it before they were removed. So you're not crazy, it just wasn't a verified fact. :)

So she never put up photos of them all together with her?

Did she have loads of photos of them even if she wasn't in the photos?

Tia

She didn’t appear to use IG much at all, 21 photos over the last 18ish months.

Her FB is locked down, so only one profile pic showing.

Not sure why there is so much judgement over her lack of SM presence.

I asked for a link way back on page 3 I think and got zero response. Strange how some things are allowed to stand as fact and others are promptly removed.
There were many posts removed about this. It was a speculation that took on a life of it's own. There is no link and no verified information indicating this was the case.

So if Nichol tests positive for GSR, this means she may or may not have killed the girls and herself. If Nichol tests negative for GSR, this means she may or may not have killed the girls and herself.

If CW tests positive for GSR, this means he may or may not have killed Nichol and the girls. If CW tests negative for GSR, this means he may or may not have killed Nichol and the girls.

Good to know.

A "Hands On" Approach to Understanding Gunshot Residue

So, I'm guessing the times of death have not been released yet? That alone would determine if Nichol killed her children.
These are both great points, IMO.

In addition to GSR tests and times of death, there are things such as video surveillance footage, cellphone records, text messages, cellular tower data, GPS data, toxicology reports, ballistics, etc. (I’m sure there are others I am forgetting) that are still being analyzed.

I haven’t seen anything to indicate incompetence on the part of the ME, and I’m sure he found things on Nichol’s body that indicated to him she did indeed kill herself (e.g., blood, and likely brain matter on one of her hands and forearms; close range wound; site of entrance wound, etc.).

Also, “(a) handgun was found close to Olsen’s body,” and Nichol was found with only one gunshot wound, both of which indicate to me suicide is likely here.

Yet just three days ago, the sheriff said, “We’ve known from the beginning that this case is going to rely heavily on forensic evidence.” (BBM)
Sheriff calls in FBI to help probe shooting deaths of three at San Antonio-area luxury home

Well then, why not wait until after completion of all forensic analyses to announce the COD and MOD (especially the latter). What possessed this sheriff to release this information a mere four days after the bodies were found?

That's the part I dont understand about this. If it had been a father who murdered his children and then committed suicide it wouldnt be questioned.

We would have many pages afterwards bashing the dad for being a cold selfish monster. Rightly so.

If mothers didnt ever murder their children and then commits or unsuccessfully tries to commit suicide afterwards then I could understand it.

But it does happen and we have read case after case here about what mothers are capable of and willingly do to their children.

Imo

Absolutely 100% with you on this. It's one of the things I find the hardest on here, when a female is missing/dead it's always straight called out that the bf/husband/dad did it, e.v.e.r.y.t.i.m.e. dad killed mum/kids, he's an evil piece of crap, mum kills dad/kids, well it MUST have been dads fault.

And whether they had an argument/he asked her to leave, whatever, this man presumably loved her and these girls. This show thats all over social media about him will forever plague his life.

I for one believe she did do it, and I hope her family can one day heal and recover from this.

Absolutely 100% with you on this. It's one of the things I find the hardest on here, when a female is missing/dead it's always straight called out that the bf/husband/dad did it, e.v.e.r.y.t.i.m.e. dad killed mum/kids, he's an evil piece of crap, mum kills dad/kids, well it MUST have been dads fault.

And whether they had an argument/he asked her to leave, whatever, this man presumably loved her and these girls. This **** show thats all over social media about him will forever plague his life.

I for one believe she did do it, and I hope her family can one day heal and recover from this.

Occam’s razor and all lends toward murder suicide with the ME ruling Nichol a suicide.

However, statistically speaking it is less like for a woman to commit homicide, further unlikely that she’d commit filicide, unlikely that a gun (less than half of women kill with a gun) would be used, unlikely for a woman to commit suicide by gun, even further unlikely that she’d shoot herself in the head. It’s just hard when you look at statistics to see this being a foregone conclusion that this was MS when statistics are against it. That is probably all considered closely by the investigation. Obviously it’s still possible that this is exactly what it looks like, but really they’d be remiss not to examine this case incredibly close before closing it.

If she did kill her girls, I find it incredibly fascinating that she left her son alive. I can follow the twisted logic of a mother who is in such a dark place that she believes her kids are better off dead with her, but to leave one behind? So I’ve tried to think of a different line of reasoning that would make sense to a mother willing to kill two of her three kids and leave the third unharmed. Perhaps simply because he wasn’t there? If it was a spontaneous, impulsive act, I suppose that could make sense.

I'm not sure what you mean. Do we know if one was done, a second autopsy? I hope so.

He [Salazar] doubts a second medical examiner’s report will come to a different conclusion or that a private investigator could uncover evidence the authorities don’t already have.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...for-mom-2-girls-killed-in-Boerne-13558504.php

The sheriff's statement seems to imply that a second autopsy has not yet been done, IMO.

Plus, as vocal as the "not a suicide" crowd is, I have little doubt that they would have been very public and vocal about bringing in their own ME.

Occam’s razor and all lends toward murder suicide with the ME ruling Nichol a suicide.

However, statistically speaking it is less like for a woman to commit homicide, further unlikely that she’d commit filicide, unlikely that a gun (less than half of women kill with a gun) would be used, unlikely for a woman to commit suicide by gun, even further unlikely that she’d shoot herself in the head. It’s just hard when you look at statistics to see this being a foregone conclusion that this was MS when statistics are against it. That is probably all considered closely by the investigation. Obviously it’s still possible that this is exactly what it looks like, but really they’d be remiss not to examine this case incredibly close before closing it.

I know IANAG, so you smother your kids, then time for you but if you had no decent pills to overdose, but a gun locked in a cupboard, what would you do?

Off the top of my head a bullet to the brain would be MY choice I guess anyway without killing my kids. Thank god guns are largely illegal in this country.

A mother killed her kids and herself this week in the UK. Second such case I've seen here in the last couple of months.

Police treating deaths of two children as murder, mother's death not suspicious

I find this article interesting. It's something to consider. If it has been posted before, let me know, and I will delete.

'This case is far from over': Why Texas cops are unconvinced Texas mom killed herself | Daily Mail Online

The article says nothing really though does it. Typical daily mail click baity nonsense tbh. While they're great for getting 'juicy' details out quickly (and the price of everyone they write abouts homes), they fudge up their articles with fifty thousand hand recycled crap. And we all know chinese whispers huh?

If she did kill her girls, I find it incredibly fascinating that she left her son alive. I can follow the twisted logic of a mother who is in such a dark place that she believes her kids are better off dead with her, but to leave one behind? So I’ve tried to think of a different line of reasoning that would make sense to a mother willing to kill two of her three kids and leave the third unharmed. Perhaps simply because he wasn’t there? If it was a spontaneous, impulsive act, I suppose that could make sense.

JMO now. He wasn’t there. He was an adult. He was male. Very different from her dependent daughters?

The article says nothing really though does it. Typical daily mail click baity nonsense tbh. While they're great for getting 'juicy' details out quickly (and the price of everyone they write abouts homes), they fudge up their articles with fifty thousand hand recycled crap. And we all know chinese whispers huh?
Not disputing your train of thought, but I do recall, in another article, that the Sheriff did say that. Just interesting, MOO

I know IANAG, so you smother your kids, then time for you but if you had no decent pills to overdose, but a gun locked in a cupboard, what would you do?

Off the top of my head a bullet to the brain would be MY choice I guess anyway without killing my kids. Thank god guns are largely illegal in this country.

A mother killed her kids and herself this week in the UK. Second such case I've seen here in the last couple of months.

Police treating deaths of two children as murder, mother's death not suspicious

I just remembered Assia Wevill. She was the beautiful mistress of handsome womanizing poet Ted Hughes (whose poet wife Sylvia Plath committed suicide by gas, previously):

“On 23 March 1969, Assia gassed herself and four-year-old Shura in their London home on 3 Okeover Manor, Clapham Common. She had first sealed the kitchen door and window, then dissolved sleeping pills in a glass of water, chased with whiskey, and then turned on the gas stove. She and Shura were found by the family's German au-pair, Else Ludwig, lying together on a mattress in the kitchen.”

By all accounts, Assia was an extremely devoted and loving mother. She and Ted were having relationship issues.

Attachments

• 32181E0E-1A8D-4EA0-AA85-245877FCAF84.jpeg
    32181E0E-1A8D-4EA0-AA85-245877FCAF84.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 43

Do you have a link showing the statistics of how many Moms vs. Dads have committed homicide against their children?

I haven't checked the stats in several years but iirc the last time I did both moms and dads kill their children at about the same percentage. Iirc 31 percent done by fathers and 31 percent were murdered by their mothers. Those percentages may have changed though.

Do you know how many females do use a firearm to commit suicide? You mentioned less than half ? That still could be a large number. Do you know if suicide by firearm for females have increased or decreased in recent years?

I think that would be relevant to know since for now the ME has concluded this was a murder suicide by firearm case.

It would also be very interesting to know the stats of this particular state when it comes to firearms being used by females to commit suicide since so many males and females own firearms.

If you dont have the links handy that's okay and I will search for them myself when I have more time.

Thanking you in advance and for your informative post. I do agree Occam Razor will apply to this case even when the final investigation has concluded.

Imo

Do you have a link showing the statistics of how many Moms vs. Dads have committed homicide against their children?

I haven't checked the stats in several years but iirc the last time I did both moms and dads kill their children at about the same percentage. Iirc 31 percent done by fathers and 31 percent were murdered by their mothers. Those percentages may have changed though.

Do you know how many females do use a firearm to commit suicide? You mentioned less than half ? That still could be a large number. Do you know if suicide by firearm for females have increased or decreased in recent years?

I think that would be relevant to know since for now the ME has concluded this was a murder suicide by firearm case.

It would also be very interesting to know the stats of this particular state when it comes to firearms being used by females to commit suicide since so many males and females own firearms.

If you dont have the links handy that's okay and I will search for them myself when I have more time.

Thanking you in advance and for your informative post. I do agree Occam Razor will apply to this case even when the final investigation has concluded.

Imo

I don’t still have all the tabs open with the stats. It’s interesting for sure. And trying to find stats that directly correlate was not easy since if This is MS by Nichol there just doesn’t seem to be much data on filicide by gun by moms. So that’s why I looked into basically all aspects of the crime, the method, the doer, the victims, etc

Another article I was reading about filicide states that when mothers kill there is more disbelief and outrage because women are seen as being caring and nurturing.

Honestly, killing our children goes against natural human thinking. It’s no wonder so many can’t accept it.

I have long ago come to accept what some moms are very capable of doing.

I have read about and watched true crime cases about mothers who kill for over three decades.

Sadly, I am no longer shocked when I see it has happened once again.

ID and the OWN channel runs night and day showing what many females have been capable of doing.

Tragically neither channel ever runs out of new true crime cases to show. They have devoted series solely pertaining to women and women who team up together with either another female or a male who have done the most gruesome murders together.

It also painfully shows many have gotten away with murder or were able to plea their premeditated murders down to mere manslaughter.

Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member