TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Deuce, do you find it odd that LE is done with the house? What about the FBI?

Not particularly, but, like you, I did take note of the fact that the home has clearly been released back to CW if they’re packing up belongings. It’s been 2 weeks + so I assume they’ve photographed and/or collected any evidence that they think is helpful. There’s only so much you can do at a crime seen, right? I also really suspect (IMO) that the FBI involvement is limited to assisting with data extractions on the phones, gps, etc. In an article someone posted previously the Sheriff said something along the lines of (not actually verbatim, despite my use of quotations), “FBI will help us with some of the technical stuff while BCSO continues to investigate who killed the girls.” Which I took to mean that they weren’t going to be asking the FBI to render an opinion on what they believe happened—local LE will continue to handle that. FBI may not have ever even gone to the home (obviously I have no idea one way or the other) but if they did, I don’t know that they would need an extended amount of time there to see what they needed to see. Especially if local LE had already collected a bunch of evidence. All IMO, MOO, etc.

I’m not sure if NO did what she’s accused of so I’m sitting in the middle until more info comes to light with the FBI. Personally, I have a hard time thinking she would kill her kids and herself over a guy or a mansion. There has to be more to this story.

It’s “possible” that the ME got it wrong. They’re not perfect. It happens, Kathleen Savio comes to mind.

I think everyone in this case needs justice and that includes the boyfriend.
At the end of the day I would not expect her decision to be a rational one. I can’t think of a single murder or suicide where the motivation made sense to me.

I'm sorry, but I'm still stuck on forensic evidence. The girls' deaths were on the 10th. Crime scene is released (yes repetitive), and the bodies were released. The FBI was recently called in, so they are working with local LE gathered? No idea, but IMHO, I would hope that the FBI got to see and inspect the crime scene. But then, I also hoped with the money raised, that a second autopsy would be conducted. As for the packing, I doubt, seriously, that CW was anywhere near the house.
I am very curious as to what forensic evidence is going to show.

To that end, has it been confirmed that the bodies have been released? As I understand, the funeral service was held this morning.

But I have read “(i)nterment will happen at a later date, he [Michael Hoffman, general manager of that facility (Mission Park Funeral Chapels Stone Oak)] said. That will be private,” “(i)nterment will be held privately,” and “(t)he burial will be private.” These statements do not necessarily indicate that the bodies have been released, IMO.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...nerals-scheduled-for-mom-and-two-13556196.php

Mission Park Funeral Chapel-Stone Oak - San Antonio - TX | Legacy.com

Funeral services set for Nichol Olsen and two daughters | KTSA

At the end of the day I would not expect her decision to be a rational one. I can’t think of a single murder or suicide where the motivation made sense to me.
Also, assuming for a moment ME’s report turns out to be true (M-S), we don’t know the motivation was, or wasn’t, “over a guy or a mansion.” (As stated in the post you quoted.).

Motivation for anyone who murders and/or suicides (or both) could be a culmination of many things, or one thing not related to anything we know. Or any combination of factors.

IMO. I’ve not studied or read up on suicide, so I am just speculating.

Not particularly, but, like you, I did take note of the fact that the home has clearly been released back to CW if they’re packing up belongings. It’s been 2 weeks + so I assume they’ve photographed and/or collected any evidence that they think is helpful. There’s only so much you can do at a crime seen, right? I also really suspect (IMO) that the FBI involvement is limited to assisting with data extractions on the phones, gps, etc. In an article someone posted previously the Sheriff said something along the lines of (not actually verbatim, despite my use of quotations), “FBI will help us with some of the technical stuff while BCSO continues to investigate who killed the girls.” Which I took to mean that they weren’t going to be asking the FBI to render an opinion on what they believe happened—local LE will continue to handle that. FBI may not have ever even gone to the home (obviously I have no idea one way or the other) but if they did, I don’t know that they would need an extended amount of time there to see what they needed to see. Especially if local LE had already collected a bunch of evidence. All IMO, MOO, etc.
This article says "technical & investigative," and it is the first I have seen that FBI will be more involved.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php

Which makes me wonder about the money being raised for further investigation. Wouldn't that group want to have their own PI go through there with a fine tooth comb?
I would think so. But I don't know what is going on with NO's fund raiser.

This article says "technical & investigative," and it is the first I have seen that FBI will be more involved.
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/crime/article /FBI-assisting-Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php

Thank you for finding it. I was being lazy. lol The part that I found most telling was that he said BCSO would still be making the ultimate determination. I could have misinterpreted his statement though. God knows it’s hard to figure out what that man is trying to say!

Thank you for finding it. I was being lazy. lol The part that I found most telling was that he said BCSO would still be making the ultimate determination. I could have misinterpreted his statement though. God knows it’s hard to figure out what that man is trying to say!
I only found it today, and honestly, I wasn't looking!

My heart breaks for all involved in this terrible tragedy. I have a couple of theories, but I am not at a point of sharing them. Possibly because I am local and have a few connections to NO through friends and family, and I'm not sure that I can remain totally objective because of that.

One thing that I will say is that I will never judge how a person reacts while they are grieving. It is obvious to me that the girls' fathers adored them. I can't come close to understand the grief that they are feeling.

IMO MOO we still know very little about this case.

We all perceive things differently. IMO, CW is as innocent as a person can be & NO is not the woman some thought her to be. Jmo

i guess there is a possibility that what seems rational, at the time, to someone would not be considered rational by you. it's totally off topic but there have been philosophical discussions on the nature of the objective/subjective concepts of rational.

You could tell that multiple people packed her belongings as the handwriting was clearly different on some of the containers/boxes. I imagine every move he makes regarding this horrific tragedy is on the advice of his attorneys—including getting their belongings to their next of kin. I read through some of the comments and yikes, the torches and pitchforks are out in full force. I don’t blame him one bit for hiring a solid defense team. I might even consider a security guard if I was to go out in public.

CW would be following advice from his legal team, and I am so pleased the fathers now are in possession of the girls belongings.
Whether CW is innocent or guilty, his life is in turmoil because of this event.
After a few years, (if he is not in prison), a total change of environment, lifestyle would probably be required.
MOO.

CW didn't personally pack up these children's belongings. I think it's very kind that he quickly paid someone to do it and then quickly released the belongings to their fathers. CW is being smeared by the few supporters of these families. He could have tossed the girls' belongings in the trash. He didn't.
Really? Tossed their items? They were lucky?
Doesn’t matter if this tragedy is m/s or at someone’s else’s hands, tossing items is unthinkable to me.

Doesn’t matter if this tragedy is m/s or at someone’s else’s hands, tossing items is unthinkable to me.

I think the fact CW had the “items” shipped to the appropriate parent speaks volumes to his character.
Idk if I could be so kind after my life was turned upside down.
The “items” are meaningless to CW. Not trashing them shows the kindness in his heart.
I’m guessing a few friends that are more than mortified CW is in such a predictament thru no fault of his own wanted to rid his home of “items”, to allow him to heal. Jmo.

Well said, Trudie! I wish some of those spewing such vitriol and hate on FB could think about other possibilities like you did.
Edit to add:
Not speaking of the grieving father. I learned along time ago not to judge how another grieves.

Ita.
Take CW’s wealth/privileged lifestyle out of the equation, no one would be interested, imo.
IMO, because NO was well “made up”, people assume she was ultra happy, incapable of the slightest wrong.
Moo, she was “counterfeit”.
CW/family/friends are the class act in this picture. Silence is golden.
Moo jmo, imo, all that jazz

IMO, he likely wanted to trash the items, but his attorneys are controlling his every move.

Option 4: Or he walked in to find 3 dead bodies in his home and now he’s being openly accused of heinous, disgusting crimes, including mass murder, and he can easily afford a legal team to make sure he doesn’t get railroaded. The lawyers are a no brainer, IMO. He’d be nuts not to hire them; we’ve all seen investigations where LE (intentionally or unintentionally) makes up their minds about what happened and then starts to make the evidence “fit” their theory. It’s a scary phenomenon that I think/hope happens less today as opposed to 40-50 years ago bc evidence is becoming more and more objective, but it still happens. And this Sheriff’s bizarre comments (sometimes he sounds like the friends on SM with his inability to believe NO did this) would terrify me if I were CW. NOTE: I respect and appreciate LE and have the upmost respect for them generally. Also, all of the above is IMO, MMO, etc.

Well said. I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321