TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may have been posted already. . . Jan 28 recap of the case by San Antonio KSAT 12 news, ABC affiliate. Accurate, clear reporting of the crime and where things stand.

Here's everything we know about the Anaqua Springs triple shooting.

From your link:

Why isn't KSAT naming the boyfriend?

Authorities said he is not a suspect in the case and that while he is a person of interest, there are multiple persons of interest. Additionally, he is not charged with any crime.

This may have been posted already. . . Jan 28 recap of the case by San Antonio KSAT 12 news, ABC affiliate. Accurate, clear reporting of the crime and where things stand.

Here's everything we know about the Anaqua Springs triple shooting.
With all due respect, this article is at best a mishmash of earlier statements, but in no way ”where things stand“.

For example, the following quote is taken over from a 14 Jan article (same news outlet).
"The fact that Nichol Olsen's death, right now, has been ruled a suicide, we can't just say that, 'Oh, well then she must've been the one who did this to these two little girls,'" Salazar said. "We still have to go out and find out who it was that killed these two young ladies."

Four people lived in the same house.

Three people end up Dead.

Person Fours Alibi from that night (has yet to be confirmed)

I think that the Social Media Messages from that night (that the Sheriff asked from anyone that received messages during his first interview) will show the evidence that Nicole DID NOT commit Suicide and what actually happened that night.

With all due respect, we don’t know whether LE has confirmed CW’s alibi. They have not shared that information with the public. (EDIT: deleted by me because it came from social media and is against TOS. I’m sorry!)

And this is going to come out snotty, but I really don’t mean it to. I’m genuinely asking. Speculating and asking you to, as well: What could a message say that would rule out suicide? Would it say something like “Charlie’s waving a gun around and I’ve told the girls to go hide in the pool cabana. He’s really drunk and keeps picking fights with me. I hope he calms down!” Something like that? JMO

Last edited:
The sheriff doesn't have any authority to declare cause and manner of death. The coroner/medical examiner is the one to do this. The ME has already ruled NO's manner of death a suicide. The sheriff can't change that and he doesn't have the final say in this regard.

Suicide in question by Sheriff.
No. See: https://tinyurl.com/yabecyb6

Dated: January 24, 2019

[...]

Salazar said Thursday that no one connected to the “Searching for the Truth” site has been in contact with his office. The family is free to spend the money as it pleases, whether it’s to fund a private investigator or fund another opinion from a different medical examiner, as he has seen suggested on social media, he said. “If the family and friends feel the need to do that, if they feel that they will bring them some comfort, I’m in favor of that,” he said.

He doubts a second medical examiner’s report will come to a different conclusion or that a private investigator could uncover evidence the authorities don’t already have.

[...]

With all due respect, we don’t know whether LE has confirmed CW’s alibi. They have not shared that information with the public. IMO they have ruled him out with enough certainty that he’s allowed to travel out of state.

And this is going to come out snotty, but I really don’t mean it to. I’m genuinely asking. Speculating and asking you to, as well: What could a message say that would rule out suicide? Would it say something like “Charlie’s waving a gun around and I’ve told the girls to go hide in the pool cabana. He’s really drunk and keeps picking fights with me. I hope he calms down!” Something like that? JMO
He is allowed to travel out of state???? Where did that come from?

With all due respect, this article is at best a mishmash of earlier statements, but in no way ”where things stand“.

I disagree. This is an aggregate of all the articles on the case, with some of the salient quotes, and communicating where things stand. It's a MSM piece of journalism, and believe me, they have to be more careful than you do what they print. They can be sued. If you didn't know anything about this case and read this article, you'd conclude it's still open-ended.

But a question for the M/S folks on here. So, ok, NO killed herself. But refresh my memory. Where does it say for a conclusive fact she killed the girls? I thought Salazar (and this recent article) are clear that the girls' murders are unsolved. If that's the case, then it's not a clear case of M/S yet, is it?

Sheriff Salazar would help us all out by either saying something definitive not ambiguous ... I am beginning to think the BCSO needs a spokesperson other than the Sheriff who can communicate more clearly with the public.

...I am not one of Sheriff Salazar’s constituents to whom he is reporting...

The man knows exactly what he’s doing.
The case will be solved/determined by BCSO, without a thought of what Websleuths minions (speaking of myself) think.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar | Bexar County, TX - Official Website

Sheriff Salazar joined the SAPD at the age of 21, first as a patrolman, then in Downtown Bike Patrol as well as one of the first members of the SAFFE Unit. He promoted through the ranks of the SAPD and served in Narcotics, the Executive Protection Detail and the office of the Chief. He then became an Internal Affairs Investigator and in 2012 served as the Director of Communications. (SPOKESMAN for the San Antonio Police Dept.)
His last assignment at the SAPD was Director of the Department's Integrity Unit.

It's a MSM piece of journalism
You are beating a dead horse. I provided a link proving the article updated 28 Jan is taken over from an old article from 14 Jan. The information it contains is as old as Dutch cheese. Articles get updated all the time. It doesn’t mean the information is new just because it shows a new date.

I posted a link above, article dated 24 Jan with the latest developments. This article is not based on old information. You can find that out by using Google.

With all due respect, we don’t know whether LE has confirmed CW’s alibi. They have not shared that information with the public. IMO they have ruled him out with enough certainty that he’s allowed to travel out of state.

I have been following the Rhoden case since day one. The Wagners, who are sitting in jail now, were allowed to move from Ohio to Alaska. It’s just my opinion that even if LE suspected the boyfriend that they would still allow him to leave. Like giving someone just enough rope to hang themselves.

I have been following the Rhoden case since day one. The Wagners, who are sitting in jail now, were allowed to move from Ohio to Alaska. It’s just my opinion that even if LE suspected the boyfriend that they would still allow him to leave. Like giving someone just enough rope to hang themselves.
I don't see the connection.

The sheriff doesn't have any authority to declare cause and manner of death. The coroner/medical examiner is the one to do this. The ME has already ruled NO's manner of death a suicide. The sheriff can't change that and he doesn't have the final say in this regard.

Exactly.

“By Texas Law, (CCP Art. 49.25) the Medical Examiner is mandated to determine the cause and manner of death in all cases of accident, homicide, suicide, and undetermined death.”

FAQs

Pretty much every thing one would want to know about roles, procedures, who, what, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tenamh