TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Salazar said Thursday that no one connected to the “Searching for the Truth” site has been in contact with his office. The family is free to spend the money as it pleases, whether it’s to fund a private investigator or fund another opinion from a different medical examiner, as he has seen suggested on social media, he said. “If the family and friends feel the need to do that, if they feel that they will bring them some comfort, I’m in favor of that,” he said.

He doubts a second medical examiner’s report will come to a different conclusion or that a private investigator could uncover evidence the authorities don’t already have.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...for-mom-2-girls-killed-in-Boerne-13558504.php

BBM. It appears the sheriff thinks the ME got it right.

Last edited:
"We're not ruling anything out," he [Salazar] said. "We owe it to Nichol, Alexa, London, and their families to find the truth through meticulous investigation," Salazar said in the news release. "It's always better to have more tools at our disposal and more eyes on any case."

We are not ruling anything out. Sounds like he's not ruling anything out. Including triple murder. Outside murderer. S/M. Aliens from outer space. Trump or Russians. You can't cherrypick one quote from Salazar to defend your position. You have to take into account all the news stories, the progression of his comments. It's called text analysis.

If you want to believe what you want to believe. Fine. But making up a story is just a story.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php

I think we DO, and this statement posted appears to be false.
Please link a statement ‘per the Sheriff’ on any date within the past 10 days where the Sheriff says we don’t know that NO committed suicide.
Not going to regurgitate the news. It has been posted, his, sheriff's questioning of ME finding.

"We're not ruling anything out," he [Salazar] said. "We owe it to Nichol, Alexa, London, and their families to find the truth through meticulous investigation," Salazar said in the news release. "It's always better to have more tools at our disposal and more eyes on any case."

We are not ruling anything out. Sounds like he's not ruling anything out. Including triple murder. Outside murderer. S/M. Aliens from outer space. Trump or Russians. You can't cherrypick one quote from Salazar to defend your position. You have to take into account all the news stories, the progression of his comments. It's called text analysis.

If you want to believe what you want to believe. Fine. But making up a story is just a story.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...Bexar-County-Sheriff-s-Office-in-13553110.php
The article you quoted is from 22 Jan. Salazar‘s other statement is from 24 Jan. He must have changed his mind. And he added:

As the case has evolved, some social media users have theorized what could have happened in the house the night of the shootings. Salazar said he has seen “things that are flat-out factually incorrect on social media” and that others have made “leaps” that he wouldn’t .

“Look, some people are never going to be convinced,” Salazar said. “You’ll never convince 100 percent of the people. I can’t worry about that. All we can do is go where the evidence takes us.”

https://m.chron.com/news/local/crime/article/A--for-mom-2-girls-killed-in-Boerne-13558504.php

Wouldn't it be ironic if the home assistant was Amazon Alexa?
Alexa keeps a recording of everything you tell her: Here's how to delete it

Then it would have recorded lines like (in my speculation):
Alexa get out of the way!
Alexa don't come near!

Or

Alexa don't move
Alexa I am sorry I am doing it to you (BANG)

:eek::(

We have several amazon devices but I have a daughter named Alexina that we call Lexi ... when we set them up, we changed it’s wake word to Echo instead. I’d guess a lot of other households with Lexis or Alexas did the same!

Last edited:
The article you quoted is from 22 Jan. Salazar‘s other statement is from 24 Jan. He must have changed his mind. And he added:

As the case has evolved, some social media users have theorized what could have happened in the house the night of the shootings. Salazar said he has seen “things that are flat-out factually incorrect on social media” and that others have made “leaps” that he wouldn’t .

“Look, some people are never going to be convinced,” Salazar said. “You’ll never convince 100 percent of the people. I can’t worry about that. All we can do is go where the evidence takes us.”

This could go on and on... IMO
This from Salazar was from an article that was updated on 25 Jan. I don't know if this excerpt is part of the update or not. BBM

His investigators are pressing forward to independently verify whether Olsen’s death was a suicide and to find out who killed the children.

“I’m pushing my investigators hard because I’m just as interested as everybody else to find out what’s the truth here? What really happened?” Salazar said.

This could go on and on... IMO
This from Salazar was from an article that was updated on 25 Jan. I don't know if this excerpt is part of the update or not. BBM

His investigators are pressing forward to independently verify whether Olsen’s death was a suicide and to find out who killed the children.

“I’m pushing my investigators hard because I’m just as interested as everybody else to find out what’s the truth here? What really happened?” Salazar said.
A quick Google search shows that this statement stems from a 17 Jan article. It happens all the time that updated articles have information amended where previous text is not removed.
72F5D8F2-0050-4E45-A403-FCF288EB35F9.jpeg

Good post. Worth repeating.

I just want to think out loud here. So, this is just a thought, brain wonder, a theory... based on... nothing, really. It’s just that the last time I post d a thought it turned into a fiasco

To those of you who sit on the fence or believe he was responsible, do you think someone could have convinced her to kill herself? If, huge IF someone had been abusive to her, they could have gave her a glass of wine and some pills and then started tearing her down. Telling her things to make her believe that she’s a failure, she’s pushing 40 with kids... Bla bla bla... she could’ve had the gun in her hands while someone guided her to shoot.

Yeah, I know it’s kind of crazy. But nothing surprises me these days.

Again...
This is only my own brain thinking too much.

I'm curious as to why LE said that the mothers death could be a suicide? What made them think suicide and not murder? Seems like if all 3 were found deceased then there was only one person who took all 3 lives. Also the boyfriend who owns the home was not home the night before because he and the girls mother had an spat/disagreement? Can anyone help me understand?

I'm curious as to why LE said that the mothers death could be a suicide? What made them think suicide and not murder? Seems like if all 3 were found deceased then there was only one person who took all 3 lives. Also the boyfriend who owns the home was not home the night before because he and the girls mother had an spat/disagreement? Can anyone help me understand?
Methodology of death investigation:
Postmortem: How Medical Examiners Explain Suspicious Deaths by Stefan Timmermans, an excerpt

“All states with medical examiners require them to be physicians, and most demand additional certification in anatomical and forensic pathology. Medical examiners do not preside over a jury inquest but base their conclusions largely on a scene investigation, medical files, an autopsy, and laboratory tests. All inquiries take place behind closed doors, out of the public eye. Although the police are in charge of the crime scene, medical examiners have jurisdiction over the corpse and can request paraphernalia found at the crime scene that might shed light on the death. Medical examiners are charged with identifying the body and determining the cause and manner of death. The cause of death is "a disease, abnormality, injury, or poisoning that contributed directly or indirectly to death," perhaps cerebral hemorrhage, asphyxiation, severe pulmonary congestion and edema, or sudden infant death syndrome. Five categories constitute the possibilities for the manner of death: natural, accident, suicide, homicide, and undetermined. The forensic manner of death is not legally binding for law enforcement or prosecution but is a crucial part of fact-finding in criminal investigations.”

And another

Death Investigation

But you are asking about LE. My guess, they are doing their job of keeping the peace.

A personal aside: I don’t go to LE for medical care or for second opinions of medical problems. Nor do I go to my physician or the hospital to report a crime or for legal help.

I’m curious who would do this?

I think you kind of answered your own curiosity here. I believe it does seem likely that one shooter took all three lives. If the boyfriend wasn’t home, it has to be either the mother or an unknown intruder. It has been reported that there was no sign of forced entry and the neighborhood is gated with cameras and security protocols, so an intruder seems unlikely. It leaves only the mother and daughters present in the house at the time of the shootings, so the mother seems the most likely shooter. Since the daughters’ deaths were quickly ruled homicides (perhaps thir wounds were not possible to be self-inflicted (back of the head or from too great a distance)) it would point to the only other person present to be the shooter.

We are looking at this case right now in my Criminalistics class at my local college. You guys are giving me so much to think about. Just when I am leaning a certain way someone else puts me back on the fence. Thanks to the poster who posted the many recent cases where a mom killed her children. I'm interested to read about those.

^Moo, Imo, Jmo, Etc^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member