TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & 2 daughters, found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I had answers the case would be closed, don’t you think? Lol. The case is not closed, why? I’m literally just speculating. Weird things have happened before.
Well, if we are to speculate freely, perhaps the reason why the sheriff don't want to put the blame on the girls' deaths on NO is that he has a personal bias on what makes a mother, and that bias makes it impossible for him to accept that a mother have killed her own children. If I have understood it correctly the girls fathers have accepted that NO as the person who killed the girls.

Well, if we are to speculate freely, perhaps the reason why the sheriff don't want to put the blame on the girls' deaths on NO is that he has a personal bias on what makes a mother, and that bias makes it impossible for him to accept that a mother have killed her own children. If I have understood it correctly the girls fathers have accepted that NO as the person who killed the girls.
How many moms in the area were charged with their children’s death? Can we find that info? If he has a bias on accusing mothers then it would be noticeable. Interesting point. Any locals can comment on that?

I've been having a difficult time keeping track of how the investigation has progressed (or not progressed) as well as the sheriff's stance over the past year or so, so I put together a quick timeline (for lack of a better word) to lay it out for myself. Figured I'd make it into a post in case it can be of help to anyone else. Anything in bold is my emphasis.

February 11, 2020 - Thirteen months later, sheriff still looking for answers in Anaqua Springs killings

More than a year after a hairstylist and her two daughters were found shot to death in a luxury home near Leon Springs, Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said investigators still haven’t determined who was responsible and that he isn’t prepared to clear anyone.

snip

There’s a lot of folks that wish I had just closed this investigation a long time ago,” the sheriff said in an interview Monday with the San Antonio Express-News. “But there’s a lot of folks that don’t have the power over me to make me do that.

“And so I’m going to keep this investigation open. And as long as the FBI keeps asking me for evidence so that they can keep digging, I’m going to keep giving it to them.”

snip

Salazar said Monday that he felt for the victims’ families but saw no reason to rush the investigation because there is no statute of limitations for murder.

snip

“Until you can show me definitively that she killed both of those little girls, then I’m not prepared to call Nichol Olsen a murderer,” Salazar said. “To me, that’s the worst thing that a parent could be accused of. And far be it from me to accuse any parent of that. ... I’m just not ready to make that leap.

“If the FBI can help me either prove or disprove that one way or the other, I’m going to use every tool to my advantage.”

----

November 24, 2020 - Investigation into shootings deaths of mother and daughters may be nearing an end

Sheriff Javier Salazar, in response to the families’ stated intention to publicize their unhappiness with the pace of the probe, presented the starkest outline yet of the status of the investigation into the deaths in an email this week to one of their lawyers, predicting the case will be closed soon.

The investigation hasn’t uncovered any evidence to indicate the shootings of hairstylist Nichol Leila Olsen, 37, and her two daughters, Alexa Denice Montez, 16, and London Sophia Bribiescas, 10, were anything but a murder-suicide, Salazar wrote.

snip

“Once the case is complete, barring anything unforeseen, the case packet will most likely show that the (medical examiner’s) initial ruling was correct,” Salazar added. “All evidence I’ve seen to this point, namely surveillance video, GPS cellular phone data and other forensic evidence ... reinforces that.”

snip

Hoelscher said he hadn’t been trying to start a personal confrontation with Salazar but did want him to know the family had been considering a “strong public response” to the lack of progress on the investigation. A vigil at Salazar’s house might not be necessary, given the information Salazar provided, he said.

snip

She added that the Sheriff’s Office hasn’t wavered from its assessments of what happened since the summer of 2019.

No lawsuits have been filed regarding the deaths. But the two-year statute of limitations — a deadline to file civil claims — will fall on the second anniversary of the crime, which is fast approaching. That deadline stands firm regardless of whether the Sheriff’s Office investigation is still open.

As a result, the families must decide in the next few weeks whether to file a lawsuit or forfeit any civil action.

----

January 4, 2021 - Anaqua Springs shooting case sent back to investigators for further review | kens5.com

In late November, Salazar announced that, nearly two years after the incident, the case would finally be closed by the end of 2020. His latest message was different: it will remain open as criminal investigators continue to dig for details in further reviews of the incident.

In a statement, Salazar said:

“After methodically reviewing this case in its entirety, the decision was made to send the case back to CID for further investigation. Until every question in this case has been answered, the investigation will continue. Additionally, the attorney seeking to profit from this tragedy will either have to proceed on his own, or wait until all information is complete.”

snip

"This is the problem with Sheriff Salazar. He was always a PR guy, not really an investigator, a field officer. And so he is, you know, appearance over substance," Hoelscher [Bribiescas family's attorney] said. "Sheriff Salazar made some strong comments about the guilt of Charlie Wheeler early in the case, and I think that as a result of those ill-advised comments, and the embarrassment he's suffered from that, he may be dragging his feet to prevent a lawsuit."

The deadline for the family to file a lawsuit is Jan. 10. There have been no civil filings at this time.

----

January 7, 2021 - Bexar County sheriff says the investigation into the shooting deaths of Nichol Olsen and her two daughters in Anaqua Springs Ranch was insufficient.

Bexar County Sheriff Javier Salazar said he reassigned the almost 2-year-old probe of the shooting deaths of a mother and her two daughters to a cold case detective because his department’s original investigation was insufficient.

“Quite frankly, I don’t think a full-on effort was made,” Salazar said Thursday of the initial investigation of the deaths of San Antonio hairstylist Nichol Leila Olsen, 37, and her daughters, Alexa Denice Montez, 16, and London Sophia Bribiescas, 10, at a home in far Northwest Bexar County.

The sheriff declined to specify how the original homicide investigators’ work fell short, but said he wasn’t satisfied when he recently reviewed their final report. However, he said the second look at the case is unlikely to change a conclusion that it was a murder-suicide.

Who are these persons of interest Salazar needs to speak to? LE isn't telling public everything not supposed to and let POIs go on with their every day lives to where LE can get a better view. MOO

I just assumed his mom, dad, & all other key players connected to him, immediately lawyered up (as they should)... which prevented proper interrogations?

That's one possibility, that the Sheriff believes it's unlikely or impossible for a mother to kill her own children. Of course that's not true. While it's fairly rare, especially once they're older, there have been cases, like Christy Sheats in Texas in 2016, and others that I haven't followed.

In the Christy Sheats case, there was no question about what happened, the shooting moved out into the street. Her spouse provided a full explanation of the sequence of events, her mental health problems, which were all documented, as well as how she had the gun, the nature of the relationships with her spouse and her daughters, and what caused the argument...basically the whole scenario was laid out to the public by the Sheriff on the day after the deaths.
Texas Mom Who Killed Daughters Wanted Husband 'to Suffer': Sheriff

In contrast, what does the Sheriff have here to say to the public, to explain what happened, how it happened that three people are dead, including two girls on the brink of starting their lives. 'I dunno, I guess she did it, musta been nuts or something (shrug)'

A woman who can't defend herself like she could if she was alive, and a bunch of people who appear to be unwilling to say anything except 'don't ask questions, just say she did it and close the case or I'll sue you.' I must say, as Sheriff I'd be reluctant to be bullied into that position, too.

I can’t wrap my head around her shooting the girls in the hallway. Did she just call them out of wherever they were? Late in the evening, I’d assume they were in their bedrooms. Why not just go shoot them in their rooms?
Was it determined if the girls were facing the shooter or if they were perhaps fleeing to their room?
JMO

Who said and how do we know that NO was out of control, loud ,chaotic?? NO cant defend herself.

Per the Express News article that’s been posted up thread, her friend said she was “very frantic” and “confused” at 6:45 that evening, when NO called her to cancel London’s audition. She also states NO “sounded rattled, and bounced from one topic to another”. That’s a full 4 hours before the 911 calls. Add that to the daughter texting CW later that night saying her moms talking to herself. She was also fighting with CW. Somewhere in all that, she communicates with London’s dad about her 10 year old daughters paternity. IMO, it all paints an ugly picture, of things escalating out of control.

sorry I don’t know how to link an article, and my last post of the screenshot of that article was removed. It’s posted on the journalists fb page on January 22 - Peggy O’Hare. It’s also been posted up thread, but you have to pay & subscribe to read it. Her page has a picture of the article though.

My biggest problem with the lawsuit is that whoever pulled the trigger of the gun is the one responsible for the girls' deaths. If that was NO, then I believe the lawsuit should be dropped because she is solely responsible. No matter her mental state or erratic behavior CW, I believe, had no idea that she would kill her children and then herself. If he had, I believe he would have never left the house. I also get that people don't want to believe NO would kill her own children, but I feel that way about EVERY case in which a child is killed by a parent, mother or father.

My biggest problem with the lawsuit is that whoever pulled the trigger of the gun is the one responsible for the girls' deaths. If that was NO, then I believe the lawsuit should be dropped because she is solely responsible. No matter her mental state or erratic behavior CW, I believe, had no idea that she would kill her children and then herself. If he had, I believe he would have never left the house. I also get that people don't want to believe NO would kill her own children, but I feel that way about EVERY case in which a child is killed by a parent, mother or father.
ITA. I also believe he called her brother because he was worried about her but didn’t want to escalate the situation by calling her himself. I think he did the right thing that night by leaving. He probably thought that would help de-escalate the situation. MOO

I think it's best to keep an open mind, and let LE figure it out. We really don't know. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes
Back