TX - Nichol Olsen, 37, & her 2 daughters found shot dead inside mansion, Bexar County, 10 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lawyer stated “law or legal definition”.

Person of Interest Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

IMO, the ME had overwhelming evidence to support his findings.

If you read the article you linked, it says there is NO legal definition of the term Person of Interest. That's why lawyers must hate it. So LE can use it all they want. I find it very useful as a phrase. Based on the definition I supplied, anyone who knew Nichol intimately or had knowledge of that night would be considered a Person of Interest.

They may want to hire an attorney to advise them on defamation.

At least have a free consultation.
I would be stunned if any M.E. ruled the death of three a M/S without a most detailed investigation.
I understand her family/friends disbelief. I also THINK most people don’t call friends/family to advise of their intentions in these situations. MOO
IMO, case closed.

If you read the article you linked, it says there is NO legal definition of the term Person of Interest. That's why lawyers must hate it. So LE can use it all they want. I find it very useful as a phrase. Based on the definition I supplied, anyone who knew Nichol intimately or had knowledge of that night would be considered a Person of Interest.
I read your link & mine.
I agree, anyone can use the term. Evidently it’s not used in the “legal world”.

A lot of Nichol's friends and family are insisting that her boyfriend killed her and the 2 daughters.
Emph. mine
Thanks for answering that question, DTP.

I'm guessing she'd struggled with depression as opposed to a sudden 'snap'.
Or possibly a series of unfortunate events in her life ??
Still think it's horrible that her children had to lose their lives.

Struggling to find compassion for anyone who wants to end it all ; but takes other innocent lives with them.

Emph. mine
Thanks for answering that question, DTP.

I'm guessing she'd struggled with depression as opposed to a sudden 'snap'.
Or possibly a series of unfortunate events in her life ??
Still think it's horrible that her children had to lose their lives.

Struggling to find compassion for anyone who wants to end it all ; but takes other innocent lives with them.

It’s horrible. The girls should be giggling, talking about boys, deciding what to wear to school tomorrow, polishing their nails and living.

I wonder how well NO’s friends “knew” her. Some people have a knack for portraying happiness or inspiring jealousy. She was a stunning woman. Some friends may have envied NO & assumed she had the perfect life, filled with sheer happiness, thinking so only because of her beauty & creativity.
It’ll be most interesting to see what the sheriff uncovers.
I don’t think it will change the M/S ruling. I think things might be revealed her friends/family are not aware of.
If so, then what?
MOO MOO

The term originated after the Richard Jewell case at the Olympics in Atlanta. Remember the bombings? Well, Mr. Jewell happened to be there when it happened. He was a security guard.
Anyway, he was eventually termed a suspect in the bombings and his life went to hell. As it turns out, he was not responsible for the bombings but by then he'd been dragged through the mud. He won a case against the FBI.
Hence, the term POI (person of interest) was born as it's a lot less incendiary than being called a suspect.

She had been separated from LB's father for some time. Child support court records regarding LB go back to 3/2011.

https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseD...fn=hector&m=&&p=2_2011CI05407++++DC0000100000
Right, and it appears that the father (the petitioner) did not follow through, and the case was dismissed (“CASE CLOSED DISMISSED WOP WANT OF PROSECUTION”) on 11/6/2012.

And then in 9/2013 another petition for child support is filed: this time by Nichol against the father. It appears the parties agreed to temporary orders in 11/13, with the final order being issued on 1/22/2016.

https://search.bexar.org/Case/CaseDetail?r=370c8e40-1d50-4a6d-88f8-8133ec29c708&st=l&l=Olsen&fn=Nichol&m=&=&full=y&p=2_2013CI15214 DC0000100000

Dismissal for Want of Prosecution (DWOP) Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.

I find this heartbreaking. Sometimes we will never be able to make sense of things no matter how hard we try. No one knows what was happening within NO. Speaking only from my own experiences.... The more I protest a suicide of a loved one the more I'm struggling within to come to terms with the idea that I missed something. What could I have done to have helped before sics a drastic and final event? No, a I don't think we know people like we hope we do.

I find this heartbreaking. Sometimes we will never be able to make sense of things no matter how hard we try. No one knows what was happening within NO. Speaking only from my own experiences.... The more I protest a suicide of a loved one the more I'm struggling within to come to terms with the idea that I missed something. What could I have done to have helped before sics a drastic and final event? No, a I don't think we know people like we hope we do.

That’s such a perceptive post. I think you’re absolutely right. The only death declared suicide that I strongly disagree with is Rebecca Zahau’s. But in general, these suicide denials are a case of family and friends having a hard time with feeling they could have stopped it if they’d seen any signs. It’s such a tragedy. And if it turns out she murdered her daughters it’s incomprehensible...unless they were trying to stop her from killing herself. That’s something we will never know. :(

Only if it follows these rules. Check with a mod if you need specific guidance. :)

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Yea I read that but since it’s suicide I don’t think she is a victim or suspect. She’s the perpetrator?

Anyways if she is a victim, it says I can paraphrase. On her pintrest there is a post about How to Suport your Child’s Mental Health. The hashtags with it are for Christmas and Father to Son. But I know when I’m on pintrest I never change those captions so somebody else most likely wrote that. But it’s interesting she would put that in her Dailey Routines board.

You can search Pinterest by her name and find it easily with her pic.

This is so much worse than a desperate person taking her own life, it’s understandable her friends/family are confused.
Even if a person suspected NO was suicidal, imo, he could not have prevented it. Maybe delayed it. Ultimately, she would have found a way. Jmo
We just never know what a person is thinking.

Jmo it is not that easy to fake a suicide...at least not under extreme investigation. It might work if the person was known to be depressed, or had tried before, etc...but I have faith in most investigations, especially when they have access to Texas Rangers, FBI etc as needed. I think this case will be carefully examined...it is already.

Yea I read that but since it’s suicide I don’t think she is a victim or suspect. She’s the perpetrator?

Anyways if she is a victim, it says I can paraphrase. On her pintrest there is a post about How to Suport your Child’s Mental Health. The hashtags with it are for Christmas and Father to Son. But I know when I’m on pintrest I never change those captions so somebody else most likely wrote that. But it’s interesting she would put that in her Dailey Routines board.

You can search Pinterest by her name and find it easily with her pic.

The ME ruled her to be a murderer of two, imo. Sounds to me like she’s the perp.
I’m struggling with the fund raising for an investigation.
Sheriff stated he is conducting an investigation. He can’t take money.

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was snipped>

I don’t think staging suicide is easy.
Evidently CW had a solid alibi. We can assume cell records played a part in the investigation. The home would have a sophisticated security system, imo.
Due to limitations on what we can discuss, I think we must draw our own conclusions as to what led up to this mom murdering her children.
Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members