GUILTY TX - Officer Jaime Padron, 40, shot to death, Austin, 6 April 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't this brother on the stand more of a witness impact than being a part or knowing something about this crime?

Chris Sadeghi @chrissadeghi
Johnny tried to get Jaime to be a part of his business. Turned down more money not to. "He loved being a police officer."

Johnny says he did not know a better father than Jaime. Begins to cry "He loved those girls. Tremendously."

Jaime was divorced, but made every effort to see his daughters everyday. Would go to their school and read to students just to be near them.

Asked to tell how he heard his brother died, Johnny takes a deep breath. Says it was 5:30am on Good Friday.

A former colleague of Jaime's at San Angelo PD called and was crying "We need to talk, there has been an accident."

Yes, you wipe those tears defendant, you murdered a great man for no reason.

Johnny thought initially Jaime had been in a motorcycle accident. "He told me, he said he has been shot."

"I had to break it to my mom and dad."- Johnny is crying and so is Brandon Daniel.

"Mom loves us very much. All of us. They've been very good parents. They raised a good family. They taught us to respect."

"The world turned into a very ugly place for us that day." - Johnny Padron. "It was a living hell."

A park in San Angelo is dedicated to Jaime Padron. "He had a great impact on a lot of people."

"My mom and dad go through hell every night. Especially listening to what has been going on here." - Johnny Padron.

Gary Cobb says they've shown so many pictures of Johnny's brother at scene of his death, he wants to admit photo of Jaime alive. Shows jury

Johnny Padron steps down and the state rests their case.

10 minute recess before defense begins.

I'm glad the defense didn't ask him anything.

Think this defendant will take the stand? What else do they have to go with?

Def will Probably call his roommate and a psychiatrist. Maybe his ex=girlfriend who broke up with him about four months before the killing. From everything I have read about Daniel, this murder totally out of character. He had a good job at HP and at 24-years old was making over 70K/yr. He seemed to go into a deep depression when he broke up w/girlfriend and started taking xaxax and apparently got addicted to it.

I'd be curious to know if they are giving him Xanax in jail. You know, for all of his anxiety. :rolleyes:

Probably his roommate and a psychiatrist. Maybe his ex=girlfriend who broke up with him about four months before the killing. From everything I have read about Daniel, this murder totally out of character. He had a good job at HP and at 24-years old was making over 70K/yr. He seemed to go into a deep depression when he broke up w/girlfriend and started taking xaxax and apparently got addicted to it.

Lots of people get depressed, and have break-ups. They don't kill people. That is not an excuse IMO.

This trial and murder is so unlike the Michael Dunn and Amanda Hayes trials we just went through.

Daniel's ex-girlfriend, Jenna Feland, is on the stand. Their break-up is what Daniel has said led to his use of Xanax.

Jenna says she and Daniel dated 3 1/2 years, mostly in Colorado, but then they moved to Austin.

Jenna says she wasn't working, Daniel was paying for both of them, and that led to tension. Daniel wipes tears from his eyes.

Jenna says the use of ecstasy was effecting Daniel's behavior. Made him more paranoid.

She also said he did acid (mushrooms)

Jenna says she moved out in late November of 2011, but they stayed in contact. They wanted to put effort into at least staying friends.

Daniel mentioned to Jenna he was on a "downward spiral" after their separation.

Jenna says Daniel did work as police informant in Colorado because he got caught with X. Remember, Daniel said that's why he carried gun.

Jenna got text 30 minutes before Daniel entered Walmart. She was asleep and missed the text. She called when she got it next morning.

"It was really incoherent. I could tell he was really messed up at the time. I could tell something was wrong."

The text said "all I know is 100 yrs from now. You remember my dreams, but that will be enough. Just dreams. Life is painy."

"He didn't feel like he had anybody. I kind of left him and he didn't have any friends besides work friends."

:seeya: rl today stuff will catch up tomorrow . Thanks for the updates

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Jenna says Daniel was always reserved. She was the talker and he would always sit back and take it all in.

Gary Cobb asks "whose idea was it to sell Brandon Daniel's story for $100,000." Mary says this is first time I've heard of this.

Gary Cobb asks "whose idea was it to sell Brandon Daniel's story for $100,000." Jenna says this is first time I've heard of this.

Gary Cobbs says he has a phone call of Jenna telling Brandon Daniel to sell his story to the Austin Statesman for $100,000 or $1 million.

A total "GOTCHA" moment as Jenna denies knowledge and Cobb says he has her voice on phone call.

According to Cobb, Daniel told Jenna the AAS wanted to interview him & he wanted to sell story for $100,000. Jenna told him to get $1mil

Wait what.. sell the defendant's story for $100k?!?!

Doesn't sound like he was on Xanax long enough for an addiction. Usually years of use for serious addiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back