Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 #2 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IME- Bell County/Ft Hood is a very rough area. I experienced it from 1982-1994, and saw enough to decide I didn't want to live there with my young children. I packed up the family vehicle, the kids and left.
I'm sorry you had a negative experience so many years ago. It doesn't appear the area has approved much. So many unsolved murders and bodies surfacing nearby. :eek:

Your insight is so important and welcome here at WS - every case we always seem to discuss why and how the “dogs” can miss a body- I searched (no dogs) and it’s absolutely the most difficult thing I’ve done -
JMO

Searches are hard, indeed! IMO, you’re looking for the slightest variation changes in the baseline environment. Very tough. That’s the visual search. IMO

Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen believed dead, family says; 1 suspect kills himself, 1 arrested

July 1, 2020

The family lawyer for missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen said Wednesday that they "believe" the human remains that were discovered late Tuesday belong to her. Meanwhile authorities said Wednesday that one suspect was dead and another suspect was in custody in connection with Guillen's disappearance.

During a news conference in Washington D.C., attorney Natalie Khawam said the Guillen family believes she is dead although the Army has yet to confirmed the identity of the remains. The family called for a congressional investigation of the base.

video at link

Vanessa Guillen: A timeline of events and everything we know about her disappearance

Family attorney, Natalie Khawam, said Wednesday during a press conference that two suspects involved in Guillen’s disappearance are in custody and a third killed himself.

Below is a detailed timeline of the events surrounding Guillen’s disappearance:

• April 22 - Guillen was seen in the parking lot of her barracks at the Fort Hood Army post around 1 p.m.
  • April 23 - Guillen was reported missing to the US Army Criminal Investigation Division
  • June 9 - $15,000 reward offered for information leading to Guillen’s whereabouts by Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID)
  • June 11 - Actress Salma Hayek joined the search for Guillen and pledged to post Guillen’s photo every day until she’s found
  • June 13 - Houston rapper Baby Bash pledged to add $5,000 to reward to find Guillen
  • June 15- CID increased reward for information that leads to Guillen’s whereabouts to $25,000
  • June 16 - The League of United Latin American Citizens announced that it would match the $25,000 reward, bringing the total reward to $50,000
  • June 18 - The army initiated sexual harassment investigation into allegations concerning Pfc. Vanessa Guillen
  • June 23 - Fort Hood leadership updated Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, Congressional staff members from Senator Ted Cruz, Congressman John Carter, Congressman Roger Williams, and members of Vanessa Guillén’s family discuss details of the ongoing investigation, according to U.S. Army officials
  • June 23 - Army officials “convinced now that there is foul play involved,” Texas Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia said in a press conference
  • June 30 - Partial human remains were found near the Leon River during the search for Guillen
  • July 1 - A man wanted in connection with a Fort Hood criminal investigation fatally shot himself. Khawam said he was the suspect in Vanessa’s disappearance. The Army confirmed that one military suspect was dead in connection with Guillen’s disappearance.
  • July 1 - Khawam says the body found June 30 is believed to be Guillen’s
  • July 1 - A civilian suspect was arrested in connection to Guillen’s disappearance and was taken to Bell County Jail to await charges

IME- Bell County/Ft Hood is a very rough area. I experienced it from 1982-1994, and saw enough to decide I didn't want to live there with my young children. I packed up the family vehicle, the kids and left.
I can’t imagine sticking around after service time is over. Hubby and I had his ETS date burned in our brains. We knew when we were getting out of that hell hole. We couldn’t wait. None of our friends that ETSed stayed a minute longer. We were packed and ready, had all the utilities shut off, the landlord notified, the car packed. I have no concept of wanting to live there any longer.

We lived in town, a little studio with a hornets nest in the closet, then we move to what I called the “south 40” where we rented a tiny trailer. Then back to town to a 2 bedroom house. The towns people hated us but we were a necessary evil, they made money off us. They hated we were there but they needed our money. They didn't trust us as far as they could throw us and we’re always making accusations. So yeh, when it was time to leave, we were gone that day, June 1, 1971.

Trying desperately to catch up, so I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, but Nancy Grace’s podcast today was interviewing Tim Miller about this case.

It is absolutely heartbreaking, but may answer some questions about some details.

I’m on my phone and can’t seem to link it at the moment, but maybe someone else can? If it hasn’t been already. Thanks!

Vanessa Guillen: A timeline of events and everything we know about her disappearance

Family attorney, Natalie Khawam, said Wednesday during a press conference that two suspects involved in Guillen’s disappearance are in custody and a third killed himself.

Below is a detailed timeline of the events surrounding Guillen’s disappearance:

• April 22 - Guillen was seen in the parking lot of her barracks at the Fort Hood Army post around 1 p.m.
  • April 23 - Guillen was reported missing to the US Army Criminal Investigation Division
  • June 9 - $15,000 reward offered for information leading to Guillen’s whereabouts by Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID)
  • June 11 - Actress Salma Hayek joined the search for Guillen and pledged to post Guillen’s photo every day until she’s found
  • June 13 - Houston rapper Baby Bash pledged to add $5,000 to reward to find Guillen
  • June 15- CID increased reward for information that leads to Guillen’s whereabouts to $25,000
  • June 16 - The League of United Latin American Citizens announced that it would match the $25,000 reward, bringing the total reward to $50,000
  • June 18 - The army initiated sexual harassment investigation into allegations concerning Pfc. Vanessa Guillen
  • June 23 - Fort Hood leadership updated Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia, Congressional staff members from Senator Ted Cruz, Congressman John Carter, Congressman Roger Williams, and members of Vanessa Guillén’s family discuss details of the ongoing investigation, according to U.S. Army officials
  • June 23 - Army officials “convinced now that there is foul play involved,” Texas Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia said in a press conference
  • June 30 - Partial human remains were found near the Leon River during the search for Guillen
  • July 1 - A man wanted in connection with a Fort Hood criminal investigation fatally shot himself. Khawam said he was the suspect in Vanessa’s disappearance. The Army confirmed that one military suspect was dead in connection with Guillen’s disappearance.
  • July 1 - Khawam says the body found June 30 is believed to be Guillen’s
  • July 1 - A civilian suspect was arrested in connection to Guillen’s disappearance and was taken to Bell County Jail to await charges
It is not a good look always playing catch up to pressure. Sounds like she was screwed what ever she did.

Report and have dire consequences, have family killed or self killed. Don't report and get killed to shut you up.

So Army what was she supposed do?
She wanted to be nothing else than a soldier.

Last edited:
Wow. Do you think we will get many details?
Yes. All the agencies involved are going to be there, so we should learn quite a bit. At the very least we will learn the identities of the players, and the charges they are facing.

I’m obviously hoping for more than that though. If we don’t get that, I think the civilian arrest warrant for his accomplice should fill in some of the gaps.

Vanessa Guillen: Perps mix and pour wet cement on Fort Hood soldier’s body to hide her [EXCLUSIVE]

July 1, 2020

Vanessa-Guillen.jpg

In an exclusive “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace,” Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller reveals disturbing details in connection with Fort Hood soldier, Vanessa Guillen.

According to Miller, there are several suspects in connection with the disappearance of 20-year-old Guillen. The Guillen family lawyer, Natalie Kwaham, said one of the suspects, identified as Aaron Robinson, shot himself overnight at around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday after learning human remains were found. He ran out in shorts when confronted and shot himself in the head.

The remains were found in a shallow grave next to the Leon River in Texas, and Miller says it’s Guillen, although it has to be confirmed officially by a medical examiner.

The official confirmation could take a while since the remains were sealed in concrete. The suspected killers, according to Miller, poured freshly-mixed concrete directly onto Guillen’s body to make a homemade body vault. They also allegedly bought lime, shovels, and plastic bags, then covered the body with rocks.

Vanessa Guillen: Perps mix and pour wet cement on Fort Hood soldier’s body to hide her [EXCLUSIVE]

July 1, 2020

Vanessa-Guillen.jpg

In an exclusive “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace,” Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller reveals disturbing details in connection with Fort Hood soldier, Vanessa Guillen.

According to Miller, there are several suspects in connection with the disappearance of 20-year-old Guillen. The Guillen family lawyer, Natalie Kwaham, said one of the suspects, identified as Aaron Robinson, shot himself overnight at around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday after learning human remains were found. He ran out in shorts when confronted and shot himself in the head.

The remains were found in a shallow grave next to the Leon River in Texas, and Miller says it’s Guillen, although it has to be confirmed officially by a medical examiner.

The official confirmation could take a while since the remains were sealed in concrete. The suspected killers, according to Miller, poured freshly-mixed concrete directly onto Guillen’s body to make a homemade body vault. They also allegedly bought lime, shovels, and plastic bags, then covered the body with rocks.

This is what I can't wrap my head around. How was he able to go and pour concrete??? If he was already a suspect? He was the highest suspect at this point. I just don't get how they weren't surveying him 24 hrs.
I hope we get some answers tomorrow. :(

*** Unless... his gf went out and did this while they were with him. However, I would've been tailing her too! JMO

This is what I can't wrap my head around. How was he able to go and pour concrete??? If he was already a suspect? He was the highest suspect at this point. I just don't get how they weren't surveying him 24 hrs.
I hope we get some answers tomorrow. :(

This was probably done on the evening she disappeared, which would have before CID became involved.

July 1, 2020

Vanessa-Guillen.jpg

Thanks @Seattle1!
Always so efficient with those links. Also, I enjoy reading your thoughtful posts! :)

July 1, 2020

Guillen, who disappeared on April 22, was called into work on her day off. Someone inside Fort Hood was later spotted by a witness carrying a black 3-foot Pelican case at the armory, where Guillen worked. Guillen was called into work on her day off and was never seen again.

“He was seen really struggling to get it into his vehicle,” Miller said.

Miller added that the suspects tried to burn Guillen and evidence at the crime scene, near Leon River, which is around 26 miles from the base. Miller saw tree limbs scorched above a firepit the suspects used to burn evidence. A half-burned Pelican case was also found at the scene.

“My theory is that she was killed inside the armory. I think she was killed earlier that morning in the armory and somebody came back about 8:30 that night and that’s when somebody spotted him with that Pelican case. She apparently could have been in that Pelican case for 10 hours, inside the armory somewhere.”

Miller added that a civilian noticed a foul odor in the area after recent rain intensified the stench of the remains, and contacted police.

“We should know by the end of the day if all body parts are there,” Miller said, adding that it’s possible only partial remains were found.

A question that remains is whether Guillen was dismembered. The remains are currently at the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences in Dallas.

Guillen’s mother, Gloria, previously told CrimeOnline that her daughter was being sexually harassed by a sergeant on base, who allegedly walked in on her while showering and followed her while she jogged.

Check back for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member