GUILTY TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020 *arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's another article on the hearing yesterday.

August 17, 2022 (updated)
WACO, Texas — The two-year anniversary of Vanessa Guillen's burial was on Monday, but her case is still very much alive.

The trial and jury selection date for Cecily Aguilar's case in connection to Guillen's death has been set for 9 a.m. on Monday, January 23 of 2023.

Aguilar returned to the Waco Federal Court House for a hearing on Tuesday. She and her attorneys tried to get some of her charges dismissed in connection to Guillen's murder.
[.....]
In one of them, Aguilar is accused of "destroying records, documents, and other objects". Defense attorneys argued the charge is in "violation of due process rights" because they said it's unclear what record, document, and object she is being accused of destroying.

They also questioned count seven, which claims she destroyed or covered up "information contained in a Google account" which belonged to Aaron Robinson, the soldier Aguilar said murdered Guillen.
[.....]
With Google owning hundreds of companies, dozens of which would need an account, defense attorneys said the charge doesn't include what exactly was altered.

Prosecutors had a chance to respond in court. They said Guillen's body is considered the evidence Aguilar allegedly destroyed.

They also said they have "information contained in [Robinson's] Google account" and a search warrant for his phone as proof of changes she made to the account.

The judge denied both motions from Aguilar's defense team.

This case is on my look-at-once-a-week list - and has not had any movement since the last hearing on 8/16/22.

from Court site:
Doc # Date Filed Description
134 Oct 25, 2022 Main Document Sealed Order on Motion

Oct 12, 2022 Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

link: Docket for United States v. Aguilar, 6:20-cr-00097 - CourtListener.com

There was a motion filed for leave on 9/28/22. Don't know how long that leave is. Might be holding up hearing in this case - is all I can think of why there is no movement on this.

and on Judge Albright's page - nothing thru Dec. 5th.

link: Judges’ Calendars – U.S. District Court

Happy Vets Day PFC/Sp4 VG

Sorry that sloppy, crappy, no good, FUBAR leadership got you killed.
You were strack and just the kind of soldier the US depends on.
You died while tracing down a missing weapon or it’s paperwork.

Never saw on MP action in this that developed the slightest confidence in them, nor of the entirely repugnant Gen. Effluent.

I am surprised there has been no hearings since August. I still have trial as 1/23/23.
I don't think this is unusual considering it's a very high-profile case being heard in US District Court (Federal). Also, if you look at the latest docket activity, the motions and orders are all sealed. And requests to extend the time to reply also on record where I doubt there's been opposition. In other words -- there's been steady activity but it's being restricted from the public.

Docket Number/ Date Filed / Description:

Nov 14, 2022
Main Document - Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

Oct 25, 2022
Main Document - Sealed Order on Motion

Oct 12, 2022
Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

Oct 11, 2022
Main Document- Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

Sep 29, 2022
Main Document - Sealed Motion

Sep 29, 2022
Main Document- Motion for Leave to File Sealed Document

This case is on my look-at-once-a-week list - and has not had any movement since the last hearing on 8/16/22.

from Court site:
134 Oct 25, 2022 Main Document Sealed Order on Motion

There was a motion filed for leave on 9/28/22. Don't know how long that leave is. Might be holding up hearing in this case - is all I can think of why there is no movement on this.

and on Judge Albright's page - nothing thru Dec. 5th.

link: Judges’ Calendars – U.S. District Court
^^bbm

@Niner -- the above-referenced Motion for Leave has nothing to do with the absence of the parties.

It's from docket #131 - Motion for Leave to File Sealed Document, and where obtaining a leave of court means the document will not be available to the court publicly (i.e., sealed).

U.S. District Court [LIVE]
Western District of Texas (Waco)
CRIMINAL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 6:20-cr-00097-ADA-1​

Case title: USA v. Aguilar

Magistrate judge case number: 6:20-mj-00141-JCM
Date Filed: 07/14/2020

Assigned to: Judge Alan D Albright

Date Filed#Docket Text
06/01/2022
REPLY TO RESPONSE to Motion by Cecily Ann Aguilar re 107 SEALED MOTION filed filed by Defendant Cecily Ann Aguilar (Askari, Ashley) (Entered: 06/01/2022)
06/14/2022
SEALED MOTION filed (Frazier, Mark) (Entered: 06/14/2022)
06/17/2022
Sealed Order GRANTING Sealed Motion. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (sm3) (Entered: 06/17/2022)
08/04/2022
ORDER as to Cecily Ann Aguilar, (Motion Hearing set for 8/16/2022 10:30 AM before Judge Alan D Albright). Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (bot1) (Entered: 08/04/2022)
08/16/2022
Minute Entry for proceedings held before Judge Alan D Albright: Motion Hearing as to Cecily Ann Aguilar held on 8/16/2022. MOTION DENIED - for motion to suppress 106 , and denied 107 Second motion for bill ofparticulars. There will be an in-chambers meeting to set the trial date. (Minute entry documents are not available electronically.) (Court Reporter Kristie Davis.) (sm3) (Entered: 08/16/2022)
08/16/2022
ORDER as to Cecily Ann Aguilar. Jury Selection and Jury Trial set for 1/23/2023 09:00 AM before Judge Alan D Albright. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (sm3) (Entered: 08/16/2022)
08/30/2022
Sealed Order on Motion. Memorandum Opinion and Order. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (sm3) (Entered: 08/30/2022)
09/29/2022
MOTION for Leave to File Sealed Document (Askari, Ashley) (Entered: 09/29/2022)
09/29/2022
SEALED MOTION filed (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit, # 2 Exhibit) (Askari, Ashley) (Entered: 09/29/2022)
10/11/2022
MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to 132 SEALED MOTION filed by USA as to Cecily Ann Aguilar. (Frazier, Mark) (Entered: 10/11/2022)
10/12/2022
Text Order GRANTING 133 Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to Cecily Ann Aguilar (1). A response to the Defendant's motion is due by November 11, 2022. Entered by Judge Alan D Albright. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (RJlc) (Entered: 10/12/2022)
10/25/2022
Sealed Order Granting Motion file under Seal. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (sm3) (Entered: 10/25/2022)
11/14/2022
MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to 132 SEALED MOTION filed by USA as to Cecily Ann Aguilar. (Frazier, Mark) (Entered: 11/14/2022)

@Niner

Docket update:

Nov 16, 2022 Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

Nov 16, 2022 Text Order GRANTING 135 Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to Cecily Ann Aguilar (1). A response to the Defendant's motion is due by December 14, 2022. Entered by Judge Alan D Albright. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (RJlc)

135 Nov 14, 2022 MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to 132 SEALED MOTION filed by USA as to Cecily Ann Aguilar. (Frazier, Mark) (Entered: 11/14/2022)
Main Document Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

134 Oct 25, 2022 Sealed Order Granting Motion file under Seal. Signed by Judge Alan D Albright. (sm3) (Entered: 10/25/2022) Main Document Sealed Order on Motion

Oct 12, 2022 Text Order GRANTING 133 Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to Cecily Ann Aguilar (1). A response to the Defendant's motion is due by November 11, 2022. Entered by Judge Alan D Albright. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (RJlc)

133 Oct 11, 2022 MOTION for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to
132 SEALED MOTION filed by USA as to Cecily Ann Aguilar. (Frazier, Mark) (Entered: 10/11/2022)
Main Document Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

can anyone access this article? I get access denied.

all I can read is:
WACO, Texas — The sister of murdered Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen shared on Twitter Monday night that Cecily Aguilar will be back in federal ...

Is there a date? Besides the trial date? I just checked the Judge's schedule & she is not on there thru 12/27/22.

TIA!
Christmas Decor Fan Smiley

all I can read is:
WACO, Texas — The sister of murdered Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen shared on Twitter Monday night that Cecily Aguilar will be back in federal ...

Is there a date? Besides the trial date? I just checked the Judge's schedule & she is not on there thru 12/27/22.

TIA!
No dates and the purpose of the hearing not confirmed.

From the link:

In her tweet, Mayra Guillen said Aguilar will be pleading "guilty or not guilty."

"[Tuesday], we will face this monster in court," she wrote. "... Cecily Aguilar is the person that participated in the disappearance of my sister's body... & countless other disturbing details that I can't bare to type or say."

6 News confirms Aguilar will be back in federal court at 1:30 p.m., but the reason why was not disclosed.

6 News reached out to both the federal prosecutors and the defense team to confirm Mayra Guillen's claim, but we did not receive a reply back at the time this article was published.

No dates and the purpose of the hearing not confirmed.

From the link:

In her tweet, Mayra Guillen said Aguilar will be pleading "guilty or not guilty."

"[Tuesday], we will face this monster in court," she wrote. "... Cecily Aguilar is the person that participated in the disappearance of my sister's body... & countless other disturbing details that I can't bare to type or say."

6 News confirms Aguilar will be back in federal court at 1:30 p.m., but the reason why was not disclosed.

6 News reached out to both the federal prosecutors and the defense team to confirm Mayra Guillen's claim, but we did not receive a reply back at the time this article was published.

Thanks! I do not see her on the Judge's calendar for today - so I shall wait & not put my stuff up for today.

all I can read is:

TIA!
Nov 16, 2022 Order on Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply

Nov 16, 2022 Text Order GRANTING 135 Motion for Extension of Time to File Response/Reply as to Cecily Ann Aguilar (1). A response to the Defendant's motion is due by December 14, 2022. Entered by Judge Alan D Albright. (This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (RJlc)
^^rsbbm

Although the subject motion by the defendant is sealed (as are all the docs here), and the Court granted the prosecution until 12/14/22 to respond, I don't see the trial date on 1/23/23, as set back in August, happening here. Perhaps the trial calendar is being discussed in today's hearing.

Cecily Aguilar pleaded guilty in connection to the murder of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen on Tuesday.
On Twitter, Mayra Guillen also tweeted "Cecily Aguilar has pleaded guilty."
Aguilar, who was the only one charged in Guillen's murder, appeared in federal court in Waco, along with members of the Guillen family. She was indicted on 11 counts by a grand jury last July.
In a statement by family attorney Natalie Khawam, she said Aguilar's guilty plea was "another step on the long path toward justice for Vanessa, my client and her courageous family."
"I will never stop fighting for my clients and will continue to seek and demand justice for victims and their families until it’s achieved," she said.
According to court documents, Aguilar helped her boyfriend, Spc. Aaron Robinson, dismember and bury Guillen's remains near the Leon River in Bell County after Robinson murdered Guillen on Fort Hood on April 22, 2020.
Her remains were later found on June 30, 2020. The next day, Robinson shot and killed himself, which left many wondering the motive behind Guillen's killing.
With a guilty plea, Aguilar will not go to trial. Her sentencing is expected within 90 to 100 days.

Cecily Aguilar pleaded guilty in connection to the murder of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen on Tuesday.
On Twitter, Mayra Guillen also tweeted "Cecily Aguilar has pleaded guilty."
Aguilar, who was the only one charged in Guillen's murder, appeared in federal court in Waco, along with members of the Guillen family. She was indicted on 11 counts by a grand jury last July.
In a statement by family attorney Natalie Khawam, she said Aguilar's guilty plea was "another step on the long path toward justice for Vanessa, my client and her courageous family."
"I will never stop fighting for my clients and will continue to seek and demand justice for victims and their families until it’s achieved," she said.
According to court documents, Aguilar helped her boyfriend, Spc. Aaron Robinson, dismember and bury Guillen's remains near the Leon River in Bell County after Robinson murdered Guillen on Fort Hood on April 22, 2020.
Her remains were later found on June 30, 2020. The next day, Robinson shot and killed himself, which left many wondering the motive behind Guillen's killing.
With a guilty plea, Aguilar will not go to trial. Her sentencing is expected within 90 to 100 days.
Oh wow. Wasn’t expecting this. I’m so glad she did.

^^rsbbm

Although the subject motion by the defendant is sealed (as are all the docs here), and the Court granted the prosecution until 12/14/22 to respond, I don't see the trial date on 1/23/23, as set back in August, happening here. Perhaps the trial calendar is being discussed in today's hearing.
Updating my earlier post since the hearing:

Updated: 3:36 PM CST November 29, 2022

WACO, Texas — Cecily Aguilar pleaded guilty in federal court Tuesday in connection to the murder of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen.

Aguilar appeared in federal court in Downtown Waco to enter her plea. Also in attendance was Guillen's family who say they were "very taken aback" by Aguilar's decision.

[..]

A sentencing hearing was not set in court Tuesday, however, it's expected in the next 90 to 100 days.

"I'm glad that we are going to have an opportunity to speak in front of the judge and her and of course, hear what she has to say," Mayra Guillen said.

"... I comfort myself knowing she will be locked up for most of the rest of her life and I hope she has time to sit down and think about what she did and how she impacted our lives."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz
Back