Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Army is now convinced there was “foul play” involved in the two-month-old disappearance of Fort Hood Soldier Vanessa Guillen, Rep. Sylvia García, D-Texas, said Tuesday."

"Khawam said the family shared with military officials that Guillen had told them as well as friends that a sergeant had followed her into a shower while she was naked.

“We suspect that person was her supervisor the same day after she was missing,” the attorney said."

Army suspects foul play in disappearance of Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen

I have questions. Why did it take nearly 2 months to open a sexual harassment investigation? Why did they feel that a superior going into her shower while she was naked wasn’t criminal enough? Why 2 months to finally request the phone records? Why did the Colonel himself have to start this last week? Why did Vanessa supposedly text her superior a serial # of a weapon? She definitely should know that that is against protocol.

why would this same superior have her text that in the first place? ... so he has her go in, for that report or gun, and then just to have her text him while he is at home? If he was in the office, she wouldn’t have needed to do that.

I don’t know, there are too many holes in this story, as said by her lawyer.

I have questions. Why did it take nearly 2 months to open a sexual harassment investigation? Why did they feel that a superior going into her shower while she was naked wasn’t criminal enough? Why 2 months to finally request the phone records? Why did the Colonel himself have to start this last week? Why did Vanessa supposedly text her superior a serial # of a weapon? She definitely should know that that is against protocol.

why would this same superior have her text that in the first place? ... so he has her go in, for that report or gun, and then just to have her text him while he is at home? If he was in the office, she wouldn’t have needed to do that.

My answers are just speculation but if I had to guess regarding the shower incident, men get away with a lot when it comes to abusive situations regarding female soldiers.
As far as the texting serial # thing, who knows. Maybe she didn’t know it was wrong. Maybe she was forced into it. But like I said, men are at a lot higher seniority than woman.

That's what caught my attention too. I've been listening to her to make sure i got it right... I think i did.
Maybe it's the guy who entered the bathroom when VG was taking a shower?

MOO
From one of the interviews, the mother states that they were given a name by her friend and someone else. The mother gave CID this name, and she hasn’t received a response on what they’re doing with that.

the lawyer stated today, that they weren’t given any info on CID investigating this person.

May today be the day her exact location known
My answers are just speculation but if I had to guess regarding the shower incident, men get away with a lot when it comes to abusive situations regarding female soldiers.
As far as the texting serial # thing, who knows. Maybe she didn’t know it was wrong. Maybe she was forced into it. But like I said, men are at a lot higher seniority than woman.
Garcia stated that text about serial numbers was probably the suspect making it look like she was on base at that time. And he marked her present at roll call knowing she wasn’t there

From one of the interviews, the mother states that they were given a name by her friend and someone else. The mother gave CID this name, and she hasn’t received a response on what they’re doing with that.

the lawyer stated today, that they weren’t given any info on CID investigating this person.
Has that name been made public?

If I had any doubt there was a ranking member involved I don't now. and I do believe someone else knows but is afraid to speak up IMO. I cannot imagine how terrified she was knowing this happened. It makes me very angry and reminds me that women serving have not come so far after all...
IMO
I’m in total agreement and I hope a real investigation ensues now
IMo

While I hope I'm wrong on the outcome of this, I'm actually amazed at the reward, investigation and communication (even if I don't believe it all)...Usually, there is very little relayed to the public. Great job mom, family and everyone creating that pressure!

Ft. Hood is not the best place to be stationed, especially for a female soldier. I had my share of horrific experiences living on base there. The MPs do not care what happens to the female soldiers. The final assault to me ended in me being hospitalized and there was NO report on the incident with no repercussions to the soldier who attacked me. None. It is the worst base I have been to. My gut feels she could be weighted down in one of the lakes nearby. I hope I am wrong.

Can you sketch out for us, how one disappears in broad daylight, at 1 pm on a military base.

Because this isn't someone who went for a quick jog early in the evening before curfew.
1pm on base is bustling and noisy. It is not just a few soldiers but so many of them and most are focused on what they are doing. It is sometimes easier to lose something (or someone) in a crowd than in a less populated area. It would draw more attention to have someone abducted on an quiet evening jog than on a busy base during work hours. More noise then, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks