Match! TX - Plainview, BlkFem 19-21, UP53955, nude and decapitated on dirt road, Feb'82 - Debra Denise Terrell Mackey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder how research is coming along of PJD?

The recent change at GEDmatch of opting all users in for doe cases has given her a huge bump! Her highest match is now 183.9! Prior to this, her highest match on GEDmatch and FTDNA was 59.9.

Attachments

• EDF481CF-0B25-4ED8-BE06-2525E62F4473.png
    EDF481CF-0B25-4ED8-BE06-2525E62F4473.png
    109.3 KB · Views: 28
The recent change at GEDmatch of opting all users in for doe cases has given her a huge bump! Her highest match is now 183.9! Prior to this, her highest match on GEDmatch and FTDNA was 59.9.
Thanks for sharing this!! That’s amazing news for her!

I think it is Apache Junction Jane Doe (AR), not Plainview Jane Doe (TX) :(

I just noticed that. Well PJD’s is 94.1, that’s still pretty decent!
She has 101.9 cM on both Gedmatch and FTDNA (it seams it is the same person), but after the recent changes on Gedmatch her number of matches over 40cM have grown from 3 to 13, also she now has 2 matches with family tree, before she had none...
I believe sometimes it can be enough to identify a person...

Attachments

• 75131666-2499-4A24-9087-02D2515C9A0A.jpeg
    75131666-2499-4A24-9087-02D2515C9A0A.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 29
Wait, what? I hadn't heard about this, but I'm also a tad out of the loop. If that's true then that's amazing news for all the cases in the pipeline, especially for those Does from underrepresented groups.

Wait, what? I hadn't heard about this, but I'm also a tad out of the loop. If that's true then that's amazing news for all the cases in the pipeline, especially for those Does from underrepresented groups.

yes! as of last week, GEDMatch updated their terms of service to allow for full access for Doe identification only (no criminal investigation)!

Attachments

• 7C5193B0-9EB1-45B4-A231-454C708C3C95.png
    7C5193B0-9EB1-45B4-A231-454C708C3C95.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 7
yes! as of last week, GEDMatch updated their terms of service to allow for full access for Doe identification only (no criminal investigation)!

Oh man, this is nice to hear. I'm glad it's going back to the way it was before for Doe cases; without the criminal investigation aspect I imagine there's a lot less potential for all the legal tangle-ups too. All of the benefits of an expanded database with none of the debacles (hopefully?). I hadn't been checking the DNA Doe Project page much lately, so that's probably why I missed out on this.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Normally I don't suggest matches on DDP cases, but Debra Denise Terrell seems like almost a perfect match for Plainview Jane Doe.
The only reason I haven’t submitted this is because it’s a DDP case. It seems too obvious right? But then I can’t remember if she was determined to be black before or after they started on her case. Hopefully, if it was after, they’ve revisited the databases. Even then, she wasn’t in NamUs until this month.

The only reason I haven’t submitted this is because it’s a DDP case. It seems too obvious right? But then I can’t remember if she was determined to be black before or after they started on her case. Hopefully, if it was after, they’ve revisited the databases. Even then, she wasn’t in NamUs until this month.

Her race was changed after DDP started working on her. Her NamUs still lists her as white though.
Maybe they didn't re-check since she is being worked on.

I’d really like to have an insider’s perspective. How does that work with these organizations? Do they have someone dedicated to checking and keeping up with the databases? Especially in instances like this. It was a huge revelation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back