Match! TX - Plainview, BlkFem 19-21, UP53955, nude and decapitated on dirt road, Feb'82 - Debra Denise Terrell Mackey

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.17.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-02 at 9.34.25 PM.png
Marriage records show Debra D Terrell marrying J L Mackey at age 15 in Lubbock. He was 20 at the time. No death records for him, so I believe he's still alive. She also had a daughter at 12. No father appears to be listed.

Last edited:
this is pure speculation but I wonder if she could have been an early victim of Sam Little

On September 2nd, 2021, the DoeNetwork, a non-profit focused on unidentified and missing persons, reached out to the LPD, offering resources to once again test the remains, in hopes of either making a connection or definitively ruling out a link in the LPD’s missing person’s case and the remains found in Hale County.

Investigators with LPD were notified on November 15,, 2022, that the remains were positively identified as that of Debra Mackey.

It was her.

Rest peacefully now Debra. ❤️
You called it, MMcG!

So relieved she got her name back; the identification process seemed to have been especially hard.

My sincerest condolences to the loved ones of Debra Mackey ♡

The stats and timing do match even though the distance is great. I personally feel this Jane Doe is Debra. DDP released in the last few years that the UID was black and not white (which hasn't been updated in NamUs or even on DDP's website). I've submitted the two thinking maybe the connection hasn't been made due to the differences in race.
You were right too... just heard this Doe was ID'd today. So sad she was reported missing, in NamUs and was from the same area. Also what a horrible death... Rest in peace Debra

So whose skull was found with Debra’s body??? And where is Debra’s skull???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back