GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't stop the tears from flowing as I'm filled with such sadness over this. Poor "Baby Grace". I really can't even bear to read the entire articles describing what occured. Same reaction I had when I read the first story about Riley. Too sad, makes me physically ill. How can they find jurors that can tolerate hearing the disturbing details? I'm so grateful to have a little daughter to hold tightly for comfort.
With that said, what kind of punishment is the mother facing?

I was hoping these 2 pieces of subhuman evil crap would have gotten the death penalty, but since this is Galveston county they aren't. I can't remember why Galveston is the place the trial is taking place outside of that's where they threw her into Galveston Bay, the murder took place elsewhere. I hope at least they are given LWOP and his stay in Huntsville will be just as tortured as what he did to that baby.

I understood at first why the Galveston DA didn't try for the full murder charge with a possible death penalty, but after hearing Trenor's testimony, I don't understand why he didn't at least seek it against Zeigler. I think he went for an easy win after getting singed a bit in recent trials, sadly.

I remember thinking the same thing at the time--why the trial wasn't in Harris County since the killing happened in Spring--but I think there was some issue with the jurisdiction and Galveston winning out. It's all in the Baby Grace thread we had at the time she was first found.

So he stayed home from work to "break" her because she didn't say sir and thank you. For crying out loud, I have an 11 yr old who forgets to say that. My heart breaks for the family that loved Riley.

And I too HATE that picture of the egg donor smiling in court, WTF!:furious:

aww she was a beautiful child .. this is so sad and heartbreaking .. she looks like my daughter to me . no child deserves this .. i just dont and never will understand how anyone could hurt an innocent baby like that .. why are people so mean and evil ?

Why isnt that charged with DP (not that i am for DP but I dont get it ) he threw her against a wall and killed her

That WOMAN who gave birth to her is a piece of work

WTF does she have to smile about ??????????????

I WILL NEVER EVER UNDERSTAND HUMANS

Detective testifies 'Baby Grace' parents misled him

By HARVEY RICE
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

Jan. 28, 2009, 11:12PM

1 2
260xStory.jpg

Jennifer Reynolds Associated Press

Kimberly Dawn Trenor, 20, accused of killing her daughter, Riley Ann Sawyers, awaits the second day of her trial. 

Resources

"Baby Grace" trial begins, , The capital murder trial for Kimberly Dawn Trenor, accused of killing her 2-year-old daughter, Riley, gets under way. Video by Jason Witmer. January 27, 2009.Jury selection in Baby Grace trial, , Today jurors were selected for the trial of Kimberly Dawn Trnor who killed her daughter Riley Ann Sawyers, also known as Baby Grace. Video Eric Kayne, edit Jeremy Carter. Jan 21, 2009.Identifying Baby Grace, local news,texas,houston chronicle,chron.com,houston, Galveston County sheriff's officials announced the identity of Baby Grace on Monday. Nov. 26, 2007. Video by James Nielsen. Calls For Baby Grace, houston chronicle,chron.com,texas,houston, Galveston County dispatchers are hoping for a tip that will help identify Baby Grace, a toddler whose body was found in a storage box. Nov. 6, 2007. Video by Kevin Moran.

GALVESTON — Kimberly Dawn Trenor and her husband initially fooled investigators probing the disappearance of their 2-year-old daughter, whose death they were attempting to conceal, an investigator testified Wednesday in Trenor’s capital murder trial.

Trenor told reserve Galveston sheriff’s Detective Kenneth Jones that an official from Ohio Child Protective Services had forced her way into her home in Spring and abducted her daughter, Riley Ann Sawyers, known as Baby Grace until her remains were identified.

“I was convinced she was a victim and someone had abducted her child,” Jones said under questioning by Assistant Galveston District Attorney Kayla Allen.

Only after Trenor voluntarily surrendered and gave a 3 1/2-hour videotaped statement did investigators learn that Riley died after an alleged daylong disciplinary session July 25, 2007, in which she was beaten with a belt, her face pushed into a pillow, her head held under bath water and her body flung onto a tile floor.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6235840.html

Didn't he say he didn't think they were going to be a danger to society in the future or something like that? Yea, it should have been in Harris County. They send more people to death row than any where else. I don't think Trenor should have gotten the death penalty, but LWOP, but Zeigler is just sick and evil and should die.

So many horrific child killings around Harris County in the last couple of years. I just don't get it.

I understood at first why the Galveston DA didn't try for the full murder charge with a possible death penalty, but after hearing Trenor's testimony, I don't understand why he didn't at least seek it against Zeigler. I think he went for an easy win after getting singed a bit in recent trials, sadly.

I remember thinking the same thing at the time--why the trial wasn't in Harris County since the killing happened in Spring--but I think there was some issue with the jurisdiction and Galveston winning out. It's all in the Baby Grace thread we had at the time she was first found.

260xStory.jpg

This psycho makes me so :furious: !!!!
Yeah blame it on the husband,you ><}{)(%$^&**

:rant:

I guess I should change my name to TXtwinmom since we moved about four months ago. I knew I shouldn't have read the story in the Chronical, but I did. I remember this case and have tried to follow it. I cannot stop crying for Riley. She never had a chance, her last day on this earth is too hellish to even imagine.
My son and daughter are 2 and turn 3 next week. I can't look at them and not think of Riley. I am depressed that we have to share this earth with evil people and that they are allowed to have children. I so badly want to get in my car drive down to Galveston and then I don't know.....I can't write it here.... I swear I wish someone in that court room would smack the smile off her stupid, ugly, evil face.
I hope she and fat azz ziegler Jr ROT in prison (too bad they arre not going for the dp- this is a perfect case for it).
My deepest sympothy to Riley's Grandmother and Father, I am so sorry you have lost your little girl.

:furious::furious::furious::furious::furious::furious:

I cant stand the sight of this woman. Her daughter BEGGED her and told her 'I love you Mommy' and she continued to BEAT this poor little toddler to her death.

SHE was MOMMY.... she needed to protect her daughter.

How could she :furious::furious::furious: ??????????

THEY both need to rot in jail forever :behindbar :behindbar:behindbar

Rosco

http://www.wtte28.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.oh/3a64ca46-www.wtte28.com.shtml

snippet from article above:

A Texas investigator has testified that a 2-year-old girl born in Ohio had a list of nine rules to follow before she was killed in 2007.

Riley Ann Sawyer's mother is charged with capital murder in a trial continuing today. Attorneys for Kimberly Trenor argue that a discipline session to teach the child proper behavior spun out of control and say their client never intended for her daughter to die as a result.

The rules list included such things as "being polite" and "toys stay in her room."

Galveston County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Elias Cazares testified yesterday that the list was written in a notebook found in the home.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6235840.html

Kimberly Dawn Trenor and her husband initially fooled investigators probing the disappearance of their 2-year-old daughter, whose death they were attempting to conceal, an investigator testified Wednesday in Trenor&#8217;s capital murder trial.

Trenor told reserve Galveston sheriff&#8217;s Detective Kenneth Jones that an official from Ohio Child Protective Services had forced her way into her home in Spring and abducted her daughter, Riley Ann Sawyers, known as Baby Grace until her remains were identified.

&#8220;I was convinced she was a victim and someone had abducted her child,&#8221; Jones said under questioning by Assistant Galveston District Attorney Kayla Allen.

Only after Trenor voluntarily surrendered and gave a 3 1/2-hour videotaped statement did investigators learn that Riley died after an alleged daylong disciplinary session July 25, 2007, in which she was beaten with a belt, her face pushed into a pillow, her head held under bath water and her body flung onto a tile floor.

More at link to second article.

I am with so many who are outraged and sickened. I can't believe that this case is not getting more attention then it is. But then again it is extremely difficult to endure. I read the first trial day and literally became sick and could not stop crying. I just can't put it out of my head what this little girl went through. I have an almost 3 year old daughter and I just can't believe what type of person is capable of such a crime. Who in the hell EXPECTS a 21 month old to follow their lame list of rules!!! And because she didn't this is what she got? I think that before they both get the DP that they should have to take a course in Child development to realize what true monsters they really are. Don't have kids if you expect them to be perfect and don't want to clean up after them you lazy piece of @#&*!!!!! I hope that the angles take extra care of this bably to make up for the hell she had to endure on earth. So sad and so sickening! Really, this poor baby had to live through hell before she made it to heaven. I hope they both ROT!!!!!!!!!:furious:
Sorry for the rant just really heartbroken and disgusted! I am so sick of these poor children having to suffer at the hands of those who they are dependent on!

I am with so many who are outraged and sickened. I can't believe that this case is not getting more attention then it is. But then again it is extremely difficult to endure. I read the first trial day and literally became sick and could not stop crying. I just can't put it out of my head what this little girl went through. I have an almost 3 year old daughter and I just can't believe what type of person is capable of such a crime. Who in the hell EXPECTS a 21 month old to follow their lame list of rules!!! And because she didn't this is what she got? I think that before they both get the DP that they should have to take a course in Child development to realize what true monsters they really are. Don't have kids if you expect them to be perfect and don't want to clean up after them you lazy piece of @#&*!!!!! I hope that the angles take extra care of this bably to make up for the hell she had to endure on earth. So sad and so sickening! Really, this poor baby had to live through hell before she made it to heaven. I hope they both ROT!!!!!!!!!:furious:
Sorry for the rant just really heartbroken and disgusted! I am so sick of these poor children having to suffer at the hands of those who they are dependent on!
i so agree with you i grabbed and held my daughter after i read this story and i cried hard ! no innocent child deserves this .she told her mom she loved her and that continued to kill her .. that just kills me inside . i cannot fathom how people can be such monsters to thier babies

My Rules for Kim & Royce
’s

1. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

2. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

3. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

4. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

5. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

6. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

7. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

8. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

9. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

I filled in my rule #10 scumbags...

10. Needle or Chair?

GALVESTON, Texas &#8212; A mother accused of fatally beating her 2-year-old daughter fully participated in the discipline session that led to the toddler's death and never tried to stop it, a police investigator testified Wednesday.

Galveston County Sheriff's Sgt. Michael Barry told jurors that Kimberly Dawn Trenor whipped the toddler, Riley Ann Sawyers, with a belt and helped to repeatedly dunk her head in a bathtub of cold water. Riley died of three skull fractures she received when Trenor's husband, Royce Clyde Zeigler II, threw the child across the room, authorities said.
Trenor's lawyer has argued that the 20-year-old never intended to kill her daughter and that she was under the influence of her husband, who took the day off from work to have an all-day "discipline" session with Riley to teach her manners.
Barry testified that Trenor, in a long statement to police, never said she was forced to participate. But he also said Zeigler told investigators that Trenor was primarily responsible for Riley's death.
"I wasn't surprised by that," Barry said. "Each person is going to minimize their involvement. Each person is going to point the finger."
Wednesday morning's testimony was less gruesome than what the seven-woman, five-man jury heard on Tuesday, when the horrific details of the daylong discipline session came to light.
"It seemed like it went on and on," Trenor said in a more than four-hour videotaped statement she gave to police that was played during her capital murder trial. "I never meant for what happened to happen."
However, prosecutor Kayla Allen told jurors that Trenor and Zeigler are both responsible for her death when they tried to discipline Riley on July 25, 2007.
"You've got to know ... the result would be death from what they did to her," Allen said.
After Riley was killed, beaten so badly that Trenor said Zeigler complained of it making his shoulder sore, the couple bought a plastic container, partially filled it with cement, stuffed her beaten body inside and stored it in a shed. They tried to bury it in a wooded area north of their home, but when that failed, they dumped it in Galveston Bay in September. Riley was dubbed "Baby Grace" by investigators in October 2007 after they found her remains and worked to identify her. But the container did not sink, she said. A fisherman found it on a tiny island about a mile from shore the next month.
At the defense table, Trenor teared up as she watched the videotape on a large screen. Several members of the jury of seven women and five men wiped away tears.
Trenor told police she and Riley moved from Mentor, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, to Spring, a suburb north of Houston, in June 2007 to be with Zeigler after she met him playing the online video game World of Warcraft.
Trenor said she and Zeigler fabricated a story that Riley had been taken away by officials with Child Protective Services in Ohio to explain her disappearance to relatives.
Trenor said Zeigler tried to commit suicide after Riley's death and wrote a note in which he said she was innocent "of the sins I committed."
The toddler's remains were unidentified for weeks until an Ohio woman named Sheryl Sawyers saw an artist's sketch of the girl, believed it was her granddaughter Riley and called authorities.
Trenor could receive an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole if convicted of capital murder. The jury could also convict her of a lesser charge.
Prosecutors declined to seek the death penalty against either her or Zeigler, 25, because they didn't think they could prove that the pair would be a future danger, a requirement for such a punishment.
Trenor and Zeigler are being held in the Galveston County Jail under bonds of $850,000 each. Zeigler will be tried later.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484509,00.html

Mother describes torturous final hours for child

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/APStories/stories/D960071G1.html

Rules For Riley

1. Being polite

2. Listen to mom and me

3. Sleep at 8 p.m.

4. Nap at 2 p.m.

5. Toys stay in her room

6. Put toys back where you got them

7. Behave in public

8. Never alone in our room

9. Chocolate, treats only as a reward

10. (left blank)

http://www.galvnews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=3979215d61623826

I have been reading up on the trial the last couple of days, and CNN ran with an article about the mother saying that Riley said "I love you" so as to get the hitting to stop. When I read that quote, I cried... I couldn't help it... tears just poured. How could anyone harm a baby is beyond me... especially when she is looking into your eyes and saying "I love you". It takes an evil person to do what they did to that baby...

I wish they would leave me in a room with these monsters for just one hour with my baseball bat and a big leather belt, with their hands tied behind their back, helpless like sweet little Riley was. I'd love to let them know how that sweet little girl felt as she was being tortured. Every time I read in this thread, I just get madder and madder at how that poor sweet little girl suffered. :( RIP sweet little Riley.

My Rules for Kim & Royce
’s

1. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

2. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

3. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

4. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

5. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

6. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

7. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

8. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

9. Killing a Child = Death Penalty

I filled in my rule #10 scumbags...

10. Needle or Chair?

I wish you were in charge... though I would prefer that they be thrown in an incenerator.

Back & crying again. This case is so heartbreaking. WHY, WHY, WHY? Also not understanding how this case isn't top news. Maybe just too horrible. Sure wish there was more of a public outcry for this baby. If this isn't a case worthy of a death penalty, what is? Pretty depressed & feeling hopeless about mankind lately. So many innocent children dying at the hand of those who are entrusted with their care. Feel guilty too that more isn't done to prevent this from happening.

Can someone explain to me why this is not Major Headlining news with all the documents being discussed and the media all over their azzzes like they are with Casey ?

These people ARE completely EVIL

Casey did not treat her daughter like this. I know peoples thoughts on her and I don't want this to turn into a Casey thread but my point is THESE PEOPLE are proven to have done this Why isnt the media all over it ?

Look at that WOMAN laughing like she is sharing a joke

THERE IS NO FREAKING Remorse from her

This little girl was just as beautiful as Caylee

I do not understand why this isnt headlining

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members