TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm just not sure. Was she driven somewhere? If so, my money is on GM driving LW and her body somewhere. Or was LW by himself? If so, she is close to that motel. Or at least she was (hence your dumpster comment). Would he really be that dumb to place her there? I would think there would have been at least a chance the cops would've done ACTUAL police work and looked in nearby dumpsters. Anyone know the garbage route in that area from that time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of Roxanne. I hope they drill that boyfriend of hers to get answers. If he had something to do with her disappearance, I do not think she is with us any longer :(

I just feel like he isnt THAT smart. He THINKS he is, thats for sure. But theres no way he hid this body so well that someone won't ever find it. We know he is in jail right now so IF someone did move the body from that area just searched, then that tells me that his accomplice was probably GM. Ive mapquested the two addresses that Ive found for LW on ancestry and they are both on either side of town of the Budget Inn. But that tells me what areas he is mostly comfortable in. Im going to try and figure out the trash schedule for back in 2006 in that area. Wish me luck.

I'm just not sure. Was she driven somewhere? If so, my money is on GM driving LW and her body somewhere. Or was LW by himself? If so, she is close to that motel. Or at least she was (hence your dumpster comment). Would he really be that dumb to place her there? I would think there would have been at least a chance the cops would've done ACTUAL police work and looked in nearby dumpsters. Anyone know the garbage route in that area from that time?

I know what you mean about hoping the cops would look into the dumpster possibility. But if there was a lag of time between when Roxanne went missing and was actually reported missing, and then further lag until the police took the case seriously and investigated (I can't remember the details about the exact timeline of that), perhaps many nearby dumpsters would have already been emptied. And if so, I know that landfill searches can be arduous and similar to a needle-in-a-haystack.

I agree that he just doesn't seem that smart (i.e., expecting her family to believe the clothes he gave them were Roxanne's, despite the fact that they weren't even close to her size). That's why I don't expect that he thought of some ingenious way to hide her body.

I agree that the dumpsters were probably already emptied by the time the cops took it seriously. BUT how could he have known the cops wouldn't take it seriously? If she last spoke to her mom on the afternoon of the the 6th and then he reported to her mom that she was missing which would've been at 830 the next night (the 7th) that's a small window for the dumpster to be emptied if the cops would've jumped on it. I may be wrong on the timeline. I'll have to check my notes, so sorry if I'm mistaken on the dates

Also the dollar store they supposedly went to with GM driving them is very close to where they just searched for her body. The closest dollar store is Dollar General, North Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX which is 1.2 miles away from the Budget Inn so Im assuming this is the one they "went" to. If they went there at all. Wouldve been nice if they had gotten footage from that store to verify what they said was true. But I bet that didnt happen either. The system failed this poor girl in so many ways and now two men are free. Well I know LW is in jail but on some dumb charge. He will be out again soon. I don't doubt that.

Can't get the video to work.

Do you have a link for the Walgreens correction? Thanks for correcting me! I really thought it was a dollar store.

Can't get the video to work.

Do you have a link for the Walgreens correction? Thanks for correcting me! I really thought it was a dollar store.

They said it on the Disappeared episode.

Finally got the video to work. I think that Rudy is just trying to stay strong because he is the only guy and thinks he has to hold it together. I would be interested to know when exactly those candid interviews they did of each other were done.

Ok Im going to go hunt for where I read they said it was the dollar store. I didnt think the dollar stores sold cigarettes so walgreens makes more sense.

What are your thoughts on Loretta Lynn Roberts? I have to say that her body was found right in between two key locations of LW's....

In the video... you can tell the kids feel put on the spot. They seem to feel a little awkward when being asked direct questions, and are probably acting glib to avoid allowing strong emotion to take over (many people us this as a coping mechanism). But I noticed that when they do let their walls down and speak honestly they do get extremely emotional and you can see how much Roxanne's disappearance effects them.

Finally got the video to work. I think that Rudy is just trying to stay strong because he is the only guy and thinks he has to hold it together. I would be interested to know when exactly those candid interviews they did of each other were done.

Ok Im going to go hunt for where I read they said it was the dollar store. I didnt think the dollar stores sold cigarettes so walgreens makes more sense.

What are your thoughts on Loretta Lynn Roberts? I have to say that her body was found right in between two key locations of LW's....

I don't know what to think about LLR. Did her pimp kill her to keep her quiet? Is that pimp also tricking out Roxanne? I think it may just a coincidence. LLR was prostituting herself on Rundberg which is a sketchy and dangerous area - so it's really not that odd that she got strangled to death - just a bit coincidental it happened to be about a week after she had talked to Elizabeth Harris.

I'm just trying to think, if someone did kill Roxanne what the motive would be? I'm thinking it may have been accidental and she died while in an argument with someone. When they searched for Roxanne's body last (a few months ago) the cadaver dogs made a couple hits however there was no body found. This makes it very possible that a dead body was lying there but may have been recently moved. Did the perpetrator move her bones that were buried when he found out the police were going to do a search?

One more thing, I am trying to think of where Roxanne could have been headed when she left the Motel. It was late at night and there wouldn't have been many stores open. Did she just plan to walk for a bit to calm down? I'm trying to think of what I would have done at that age and I know that If I would have walked out that late I most certainly would have gone to a 24/7 diner or a similar place. It may be a stretch but perhaps I could map the area and try to figure out which way she was headed based on which stores where around. She didn't have her wallet with her so she wouldn't have gone to a gas station. I think its possible she could have been walking towards a place where she could have sat down. She wouldn't be walking to a friends or back home (I presume) because she was pissed and perhaps a bit embarrassed of the situation. So like I said, having been that age and been in similar situations I truly believe she would have been walking towards an all night diner. Just my opinion.

I Google mapped I-5 and Rundberg and unfortunately the satellite images only date back to 2007. But I was able to see that the closet Walgreens was about a 14 minute drive, the closet one to the Budget Inn. I am going to assume that Louis and Geoffrey are talking about this particular Walgreens considering its the closet one. Louis claims that they drove down Rundberg and arrived at the Walgreens - GM had stated that they drove through downtown to get to Walgreens. It's a couple minutes quicker to drive straight down Rundberg and really makes no sense to drive downtown to get to Walgreens. I believe GM is lying - but why? Also, why could they not have interviewed the Walgreen employees? Why is there no video from Walgreens? Roxanne supposedly had her I.D. out to buy cigarettes so I'm assuming she went into the store to buy them. I want to know where the footage is and where any employees are that saw her.

Walls has always stuck with his story somewhat (maybe some minor details that have changed) but for the most part he's been pretty consistent. GM has been caught lying about the case on more than one occasion. Everyone says that the truth lies with Walls but I personally believe GM is responsible. He is known to have a temper. I think he may have possibly saw Roxanne walking after the fight with Louis, picked her up and killed her in a fit of rage.

This is all speculation and basically me just writing down ideas that cross through my mind, I personally don't hold any strong opinions of what happened to Roxanne. This case unfortunately lacks enough evidence for me to form an opinion that i'm satisfied with.

I can't say that I have strong opinions in any direction either. I will say I am local to the area and know of these places that are discussed. I just recently drove over the bridge where LLRs body was found. It's not a great place. My gps took me a back way to get to the airport because of Austin traffic and it was not a great area...I didn't like it...

I don't know if I believe that Roxanne ever left that hotel room alive. Maybe he hit her too hard and knocked her out, killing her? Or she hit her head? But I don't think she just left. Or maybe she did and him and GM were lying in wait. But one thing I do think for sure is that they both know more than they are saying.

We know GM is deaf but to what degree? Could he speak well enough to communicate? I doubt LW is fluent in ASL. And duh he didn't call GM with Roxanne's phone. He can't use the phone without an interpreter.

I rewatched the disappeared and yes it did say walgreens. But it said "in the rundberg area" but 14 miles away doesn't seem "in the area". I still can't find where I read dollar store but I'm still searching.

If someone did move Roxanne's body, it wasn't LW because he was/is in jail. How would someone get wind of a search happening unless whoever tipped the cops off, also tipped off the perp. But that doesn't make much sense.

I can't say that I have strong opinions in any direction either. I will say I am local to the area and know of these places that are discussed. I just recently drove over the bridge where LLRs body was found. It's not a great place. My gps took me a back way to get to the airport because of Austin traffic and it was not a great area...I didn't like it...

I don't know if I believe that Roxanne ever left that hotel room alive. Maybe he hit her too hard and knocked her out, killing her? Or she hit her head? But I don't think she just left. Or maybe she did and him and GM were lying in wait. But one thing I do think for sure is that they both know more than they are saying.

We know GM is deaf but to what degree? Could he speak well enough to communicate? I doubt LW is fluent in ASL. And duh he didn't call GM with Roxanne's phone. He can't use the phone without an interpreter.

I rewatched the disappeared and yes it did say walgreens. But it said "in the rundberg area" but 14 miles away doesn't seem "in the area". I still can't find where I read dollar store but I'm still searching.

If someone did move Roxanne's body, it wasn't LW because he was/is in jail. How would someone get wind of a search happening unless whoever tipped the cops off, also tipped off the perp. But that doesn't make much sense.

14 MINUTES not miles. I read an article back that Roxanne liked going to the Dollar Store to buy toys for Louis's Kids. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?? Also it's completely possible someone tipped GM (or whoever it was) off about the search - sketchy people like that usually have really good connections especially if they're in a gang.

Ohhh MINUTES. Thanks! And yes I do remember reading she bought them toys at the dollar store. Ugh my mind is usually better than this!! So sorry!! Thanks for the clarification.

Do we know for sure if LW or GM has/had any gang affiliations?

It looks like GM has changed his lifestyle for the better according to his fb but as we all know, looks can be deceiving...

Holly has been found after three years. It's your turn Roxanne. You have a great family and I know they will never stop looking.

I'm going to work on a map of key areas in this case. I won't put exact addresses, just round a bout areas so that no TOS rules are violated. However I cannot find where GM was living in 2006. Anyone have any ideas?

Location of dog owner: http://goo.gl/maps/pB5e0

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...rch-for-remains-in-southeast-austin/15351743/
On Monday, police said a dog brought home a weathered human skull and dropped it in its owner's yard near Fallwell Lane and Puebla Drive. Police said the skull does not have any visible trauma, but police believe it has been there for some time.

Someone linked to this in Rachel Cooke's thread who is missing from the next county north. I also think about Roxanne, Julie Ann Gonzalez and Mary McFadden missing from Austin at these times. NamUs lists 30 missing persons from Travis County, TX.

Location of dog owner: http://goo.gl/maps/pB5e0

http://www.kvue.com/story/news/loca...rch-for-remains-in-southeast-austin/15351743/

Someone linked to this in Rachel Cooke's thread who is missing from the next county north. I also think about Roxanne, Julie Ann Gonzalez and Mary McFadden missing from Austin at these times. NamUs lists 30 missing persons from Travis County, TX.

Oh wow the article doesn't say much. Is there any chance this could be Roxanne? It's about a 25 minute drive from the Budget Inn.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back