Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very concerning that LE let RF leave with his mother. Even though he is no longer a minor he is a very vulnerable person at the moment. It's concerning that QX said Rudy has scars running up his arms. Was he cutting himself or did he make several suicide attempts? I don't know why some social worker couldn't have been called in to temporarily take Rudy somewhere safe until this can be sorted out.
This is a very important point and will hopefully be answered tomorrow in the press conference. The rest DBM.

Last edited:
THIS CASE IS MAKING MY BRAIN BURN!

I feel like I’ve been staring at the sun during a total solar eclipse, without the protective glasses.

So many contradictions, so much confusion; my brain cannot process it.

Was Rudy walking the dogs and they came home without him, eight years ago? Or was he kidnapped by Mexican banditos who threw a bag over his head? Then he walked home to Houston by following the moon northward?

Was he 14 or 17 or 18 when the mother first said he was missing? Why she did mix up his age as well as only post a picture of him at 14? Did he run away for two days and she punished and abused him for 8 years? Or was he hanging out with relatives and accompanying his mother to her nighttime job as he grew from boyhood to manhood?

If Rudy remembered all the abuse he supposedly told to QX, why was he saying he was a 14-year old named Julio Torres? Did we hear that only from the mother?

How many Rudys are we talking about in this family? Having two Rudy IVs is itself very peculiar.

How many people in their circle died (allegedly) on their motorcycles? What impact would this have on Rudy’s mental health?

The picture in the hospital, face unseen but MSM said LE says it WAS Rudy—-that person looked banged up—-if it’s Rudy, how did he end up released from the hospital so quickly?

Why was he then at a hotel? With the mother that he may have told QX has sexually abused him for years and forced him to take hallucinogenic drugs? Was he released to her care, or was she banished from being near him?

If Rudy told QX that he just wanted to see a nice car, could not QX have arranged that without the spectacle of draping a blanket over him and parading him so conspicuously in front of the press? He could have arranged that privately if he in fact wanted to shield Rudy from publicity.

A deputy or detective was reported in all the links to have been in the room with Rudy and QX, so why would Rudy have been sent home with his mother after these abusive allegations were made? No doctor, lawyer, guardian, social worker, relative, law enforcement or anyone else to protect him?

Lots and lots and lots more contradictory info, plus an outsider person with a controversial history taking the stage to announce all these allegations against the mother, in a public venue, without waiting for an LE investigation?

All the details of this case are very tumultuous. The only thing I have straight in my head is Rudy is in desperate need of sound mental and physical care.

At this point I’m half wondering if there even IS a Rudy. Nothing bizarre would shock me anymore.

ALL JMO based on all the preceding news stories as they tumble out.

Please, Houston LE, find the truth, give it to us straight, and help this victim.

Also, God bless the Good Samaritan who found him outside the church. At least one person who didn’t hesitate to actually help Rudy.

Last edited:
Quanell X is the first person to stand up for the best interests of Rudy in a very long time.
I have struggled with my feelings about how Quanell X delivered the information, but I do see this POV. He allowed Rudy to speak some truths, and made it known to a wider circle for the first time in Rudy’s life. LE, family, friends, neighbors have never been able to breach that, never asked, possibly even enabled it. And quite honestly? This whole situation has been so bizarre, perhaps it’s helpful at this point that a different side of dramatics are speaking the language of the mother’s dramatics.

Last edited:
All I feel like I know for sure at this point is that anything the mother says is highly unreliable and suspect.

But I don't feel 100% sure that Rudy Farias was victimized <modsnip: Not victim friendly>. We've heard his mother portray him as a victim of bad guys and we've heard Quanell X portray him as a victim of his mother. But that alone doesn't make it the truth.

I agree that if LE allowed the mother and son to leave together, that could be very telling because they know more than we do. (And they also know this has become a high profile case, so I don't think they'd be lackadaisical about that, at this point). I also did not see a source that stated the mother and son actually did leave together anyway. If anyone has, please post.

I would like to know more about Rudy's personality. Is he really mentally slow or mentally ill, passive, submissive, manipulated, tricked and drugged into compliance and victimized, as it seems? Or could he actually be more of a tough guy, daringly duplicitious like his mother seems to be, an addict on his own and actually manipulating her, or etc.?

I don't recall the neighbors or other family members saying much about Rudy's personality. If there is an abusive relationship between a 25 year old son and an older, single mother, my first thought would generally be that the son was the abuser and the mother the victim. So this case, as laid out, is unusual in that way too.

ETA: There have also been a few untimely deaths in that family (3 on motorcycles, one suicide), and the upcoming witness thing for Rudy at the time of his "disappearance," which could be everything or nothing...

So I will withhold judgement for now. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
@SherryLock

This article states he was released to his family’s care. Not sure which family.

This one states the reporter saw mother and son leave together.

Okay here's the Univision reporter/video that captures them leaving.

@SherryLock

This article states he was released to his family’s care. Not sure which family.

This one states the reporter saw mother and son leave together.

There was also video shown of the mother and Rudy getting into the car together when they left the hotel. She had her arm around him. Video ICKEDMel Part 2, post 395 pg 20.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to no link to an approved source>

According to Quanell's interview - Janie is the security guard, not Rudy/Dolph. But she would force him to go to work with her and sometimes do any actual work for her. But we don't have any legit info right now about what kind of security guard she was; i.e. in an empty building, for a plant, sitting in a car in a parking lot, in an illegal gaming room. Either way, it could have been a VERY low response security guard job.

This quote from The Insider article stands out to me:

"There is much, much more to this case. And the Houston PD, when we worked it, was just not very interested. It's true," she (one of the volunteer PIs) said.

That, combined with Rudy's mom's connections to HPD (ex husband, and claimed ex-lover in Rudy III), and the entirely bizarre HPD response over the last week...makes it seem like there might be some way Rudy's mom has power enough to hold off the level of investigations we would usually see. I think HPD is likely caught off guard by all the attention this case is now getting.

Last edited:
"I've heard horrific things from that young man," he told Fox26.

"I didn't want him to see me shedding tears, but I couldn't hold back the tears," he said emotionally.

"He initially ran away from home and came back two days later, where she told him he had to hide and go away or police would arrest him," he told Fox26.

"When investigators would come she would hide him in the house".

"When he first came here he was holding on to her like he was petrified, but the minute he was alone he calmed down and talked specific details".

"When she was in the room he wouldn't say anything, but the minute she left the room he asked if he could speak with me by himself," he told Fox26.

"When asked by the detective why he ran away he said he was tired of living like a slave".

"She would take him to work with her and he would do the required work she was supposed to do," he said, looking down at the ground.

"She was crossing his personal space boundaries, she would make him sleep in the bed with her".

"She made him play daddy," he told Fox26.

"He was forced to sleep at times in the bed, with no clothes on. I don't want to talk about the kissing and all of that stuff".

Rudy didn't like getting into the bed with his mother, and according to Quanell, Rudy would try to sneak out and hide under the bed, but she told him he had to be her husband.

"When he would shower, she would pull the shower curtain back and stare at him, and then make him bathe her with a bar of soap".

"I ain't never in my life heard of another doing to a child what this woman said," Quanell Fox26.

According to Quanell, Rudy's mother had been providing him with drugs for years, including hallucination drugs such as mushrooms.

"Based on what that young man said to me, I don't see why she's not in handcuffs right now".

Last edited:
Per the KHOU article:

“Sylvia Lopez, another one of Farias' aunts, said she hasn't seen him since the day he went missing and over the years, she's even traveled out of state with Santana to help look for him.

“She had me out there in California thinking that they had found somebody that looked like Rudy in California," Lopez said. "And I went all the way with her."’

Interesting she trusted him enough to live home alone. If not, where did he stay?

I agree with those who have said it’s unlikely her abuse of him began suddenly when he turned 17 or 18, and I think those who haven’t experienced or been close to those who have experienced abuse at the hands of their primary parent/caregiver underestimate the impact this can have on someone’s life, development, behavior… I think sexual abuse is particularly insidious from a parent in this regard.

We have seen how far the mother goes in an effort to shape how complete strangers perceive her and her life/reality. Imagine growing up with the only adult you trust harming and betraying you, and saying and doing whatever she wants to mold and bend your reality to her whims.

Regardless of his “role” or “willingness” in all of this, I firmly believe he must be considered a victim. An 18yo’s brain is not fully formed, and he was under her influence and control, and has apparently never known a life where he is not. Remember that Jordan Turpin was able to post videos on YouTube, and Shawn Hornbeck hung out with neighbors and even dated while still kidnapped. Didn’t Jaycee Dugard work at her captors’ copy shop?

I feel like I am seeing and sensing a lot of doubt because Rudy is a male victim of sexual abuse and that is still not considered serious and harmful in the same way it is for females; and because drug use has been mentioned. Wouldn’t you use substances to escape if you were in this situation? I know I would. I also know my husband was abused in every way including sexually by his mother for many years, many if not most of which he was physically larger and stronger than her. I think it is more common than anyone wants to admit.

Reminder: yes, human trafficking is an issue in this country. However, the majority of it is committed by family members, not mysterious strangers in the night. The podcast the girl next door is a great window onto this reality.

Of course he doesn’t want her to be arrested. She has positioned herself to be his only family and his entire world for nearly a decade if not his whole life.

This quote from The Insider article stands out to me - "There is much, much more to this case. And the Houston PD, when we worked it, was just not very interested. It's true," she (one of the volunteer PIs) said. That, combined with Rudy's mom's connections to HPD (ex husband, and claimed ex-lover in Rudy III), and the entirely bizarre HPD response over the last week...makes it seem like there might be some way Rudy's mom has power enough to hold off the level of investigations we would usually see. I think HPD is likely caught off guard by all the attention this case is now getting.
My inkling is that runaways in poorer neighborhoods are more common. It seems they may of assumed that when they didn’t find him in the initial search and just put the case on the back burner. Didn’t seem like the Mom kept his name in the press for long either like we see other families do. Unfortunately, inequity also exists in case coverage etc.

In an off-camera interview, FOX 26 spoke with Rudy's Farias' mother on Wednesday. She said Rudy was kidnapped and taken to Mexico with a bag over his head eight years ago.

The mother added Rudy walked back to Houston, following the moon to go north.

<modsnip>
Oh well who amongst us hasn’t done that a time or two. Glad she was able to straighten everything out with an extremely plausible story.
LOL! Not suspicious at all!

My understanding is that the police, with their limited resources, don't typically put a huge effort into missing persons cases when there's no solid indication of a crime, especially after a preliminary search/investigation.

Rudy Farais was apparently 18 when he "left," not 17 as the mother said. Therefore, he was legally an adult and free to leave and not report his whereabouts if he wanted to. And it does seem to have become clear early on that the mother was not a reliable reporter, so it's likely they did not find evidence of a crime and stopped investigating until/unless they got more leads.

Also, I am an older mother of sons in their 20s-30s. I really can't imagine beating them or physically forcing them to do anything at all, with or without drugs. They are larger and far stronger than I am. And when Rudy was allowed to visit friends and otherwise leave the house, I just don't know.

I'm not saying it isn't possible because circumstances vary. But I admit I am finding that whole thing of him being held prisoner for eight years by his fifty-year-old mother hard to buy into. Well, maybe we'll find out...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member