Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those family members was Pauline Sanchez Rodriguez, who said she was the stepsister of Farias’ mom, Janie Santana. Rudy’s aunt told KPRC 2 reporter Bryce Newberry that “everything’s coming out to the light,” and she believes Santana has been lying about Farias’ whereabouts the entire time.

“I came to this neighborhood to see if I could find her,” Rodriguez said. “I fear for Rudy Farias’ life.

“He was afraid because his mom manipulated him and kept him from spending time with us, talking to us, socializing with his cousins. And that’s wrong,” she said.

“I knew it. My heart. I go with what my heart tells me. You have five senses. I have my sixth sense,” Rodriguez said.

“He never came in my garage with a sober mind. Never,” Ross said. “Only thing he said to me was he didn’t want to be at home because his mom got on his nerves.”

“They took her to another room and kept her there for a minute after he confided in us what was said,” Quanell explained. “When she was in the room, he wouldn’t say nothing.”

I don’t think she held him physically captive. She left for California at one point and let him socialize with neighbors. I truly believe she held him emotionally captive to the point where he felt he couldn’t leave. Hopefully tomorrow brings answer and clarifications and I just pray and hope he can heal from this and move forward with his life. I don’t know what he would of gained from willingly playing along with her charade for 8 years since there really wasn’t much money in this scheme.JMO

Santana, who works overnight as a security guard and took Farinas with her to work in the evenings and kept him largely hidden from view in the day, according to reports, was recorded by neighbors saying she expected to be arrested.
Janie Santana, the mother of Rudy Farias, 25, said she expects to be arrested because police suspect her of hiding him for eight years

I agree with those who have said it’s unlikely her abuse of him began suddenly when he turned 17 or 18, and I think those who haven’t experienced or been close to those who have experienced abuse at the hands of their primary parent/caregiver underestimate the impact this can have on someone’s life, development, behavior… I think sexual abuse is particularly insidious from a parent in this regard.

We have seen how far the mother goes in an effort to shape how complete strangers perceive her and her life/reality. Imagine growing up with the only adult you trust harming and betraying you, and saying and doing whatever she wants to mold and bend your reality to her whims.

Regardless of his “role” or “willingness” in all of this, I firmly believe he must be considered a victim. An 18yo’s brain is not fully formed, and he was under her influence and control, and has apparently never known a life where he is not. Remember that Jordan Turpin was able to post videos on YouTube, and Shawn Hornbeck hung out with neighbors and even dated while still kidnapped. Didn’t Jaycee Dugard work at her captors’ copy shop?

I feel like I am seeing and sensing a lot of doubt because Rudy is a male victim of sexual abuse and that is still not considered serious and harmful in the same way it is for females; and because drug use has been mentioned. Wouldn’t you use substances to escape if you were in this situation? I know I would. I also know my husband was abused in every way including sexually by his mother for many years, many if not most of which he was physically larger and stronger than her. I think it is more common than anyone wants to admit.

Reminder: yes, human trafficking is an issue in this country. However, the majority of it is committed by family members, not mysterious strangers in the night. The podcast the girl next door is a great window onto this reality.

Of course he doesn’t want her to be arrested. She has positioned herself to be his only family and his entire world for nearly a decade if not his whole life.
People said/did the same thing around Jordan Turpin.

Said it seemed suspicious and that they doubted she was really as isolated as all that “if she could post on YouTube”, etc.

to add one thing to your roster also, I remember that Colleen Stan’s captor, who started out keeping her prisoner in a box (!!), eventually graduated to literally letting her travel home to see her parents for a weekend.

David Ray Parker occasionally released transients, and in one case even a local resident, after he had subjected them to hideous sexual torture, having pumped them full of drugs to facilitate memory loss.

I agree with those who have said it’s unlikely her abuse of him began suddenly when he turned 17 or 18, and I think those who haven’t experienced or been close to those who have experienced abuse at the hands of their primary parent/caregiver underestimate the impact this can have on someone’s life, development, behavior… I think sexual abuse is particularly insidious from a parent in this regard.

We have seen how far the mother goes in an effort to shape how complete strangers perceive her and her life/reality. Imagine growing up with the only adult you trust harming and betraying you, and saying and doing whatever she wants to mold and bend your reality to her whims.

Regardless of his “role” or “willingness” in all of this, I firmly believe he must be considered a victim. An 18yo’s brain is not fully formed, and he was under her influence and control, and has apparently never known a life where he is not. Remember that Jordan Turpin was able to post videos on YouTube, and Shawn Hornbeck hung out with neighbors and even dated while still kidnapped. Didn’t Jaycee Dugard work at her captors’ copy shop?

I feel like I am seeing and sensing a lot of doubt because Rudy is a male victim of sexual abuse and that is still not considered serious and harmful in the same way it is for females; and because drug use has been mentioned. Wouldn’t you use substances to escape if you were in this situation? I know I would. I also know my husband was abused in every way including sexually by his mother for many years, many if not most of which he was physically larger and stronger than her. I think it is more common than anyone wants to admit.

Reminder: yes, human trafficking is an issue in this country. However, the majority of it is committed by family members, not mysterious strangers in the night. The podcast the girl next door is a great window onto this reality.

Of course he doesn’t want her to be arrested. She has positioned herself to be his only family and his entire world for nearly a decade if not his whole life.
I agree with your post completely! In fact, I too was dismayed at seeing the doubts in various posts on this thread about this young man's situation. WS is a victim friendly forum, and he is to be considered a victim unless new information to the contrary comes to light. You have stated it all better than I could have.

We have seen how far

I'm not sure about brain development at the age of 18 . But here in Australia he would be considered an adult . At this point and with all the evidence on Rudolph,Dolph ,Rudy Farias and julio ,<modsnip - no link to an approved source about this alias> There is every possibility this could not even be her son . He could be a 30 year old dude for all we know

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO these details were too much to release when it’s uncertain if or what charges will be filed. Even if Rudy has consented to QX releasing this information, is he really in a fit state to make this kind of decision

I agree with you that Q should not have released these allegations, for various reasons.

It doesn't feel as though this case is being handled in a professional and serious manner. Hopefully when LE speaks tomorrow this will change.

Santana, who works overnight as a security guard and took Farinas with her to work in the evenings and kept him largely hidden from view in the day, according to reports, was recorded by neighbors saying she expected to be arrested.
Took him to work with her? So many red flags. I hope LE gets to the bottom of this quickly and the info release doesn't hinder any investigation.

Wonder where they are? They left the hotel together and didn't return to their house, according to the news report below. I understand the cops might have been not particularly active because Rudy was an adult at the time he went missing (he was 18, not 17), but I am looking forward to hearing what LE has to say.

Okay, a bizarre thought just came in my head: Was that really Rudy at the hotel yesterday? He was completely covered - could it have been someone else? It's not as if QX knew Rudy and could confirm his identity.

I know that is a crazy thought! I hope I'm wrong and that the case will finally take some shape in the real world of facts.

jmo

He’s been a community activist for a long time and involved with other high profile cases. He knew better. JMO
I remember him from Maleah Davis' disappearance. I think he is always telling the public what he found out, during an investigation.This isn't a good move. What was mom's motive in requesting him there? To advocate for her?

People said/did the same thing around Jordan Turpin.

Said it seemed suspicious and that they doubted she was really as isolated as all that “if she could post on YouTube”, etc.

to add one thing to your roster also, I remember that Colleen Stan’s captor, who started out keeping her prisoner in a box (!!), eventually graduated to literally letting her travel home to see her parents for a weekend.

David Ray Parker occasionally released transients, and in one case even a local resident, after he had subjected them to hideous sexual torture, having pumped them full of drugs to facilitate memory loss.

I agree, its similar to all the older Turpin children who were trapped at home even though they were attending community college, etc. It takes many years of abuse, parental control and manipulation to make older children remain at home.

JMO, this young man's case seems much like that of the Turpin children. It's very possible he's been abused since an early age.

It would be a disgrace if Houston PD and social services doesn't investigate this case. JMO. Rudy needs to be evaluated by professionals to see if he has any health problems and to provide him with counseling and support in training for a job, living independently, etc. If he wrecked his mother's car, does that mean he doesn't know how to drive?

Last edited:
I agree, its similar to all the older Turpin children who were trapped at home even though they were attending community college, etc. It takes many years of abuse, parental control and manipulation to make older children remain at home.

JMO, this young man's case is much like that of the Turpin children. It's very possible he's been abused since an early age.

It would be a disgrace if Houston PD and social services doesn't investigate this case. JMO
The question remains, how did he end up on the church steps? Who called LE about spotting him?

Well, many questions remain.

imo

Okay, a bizarre thought just came in my head: Was that really Rudy at the hotel yesterday? He was completely covered - could it have been someone else? It's not as if QX knew Rudy and could confirm his identity.

I know that is a crazy thought! I hope I'm wrong and that the case will finally take some shape in the real world of facts.

jmo

Nothing is crazy at this point

She suggested that she was being made a scapegoat over her son, who was just 17 when he was declared missing in March 2015 — and whom she’s been accused of abusing.

“When he first went missing, he didn’t report it to the police. And they’re trying to say he might have done some crimes — which he didn’t,” the mom told her neighbors in the clip obtained by KPRC 2 without elaborating on the accusations.

“And now, they want to arrest me because they said I was hiding him,” she said.

“We always in our hearts knew that he wasn’t really missing,” Cassandra Lopez told the outlet of her family’s “shock” at his supposed reappearance.

Quanell, the activist, claimed Farias was hurt after stealing and then crashing his mother’s car to avoid her abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot