Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found beaten and unresponsive in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate on that? I thought he did a pretty good job of answering questions, and also seemed quite familiar with all the press there. Seemed fairly routine LE presser to me.
So, what don't I know about Houston PD and this chief in particular?
I'm not the person you're asking, but my impressions of the press conference is they really did not think it was worthwhile to be there, except the story has so much attention. I think the chief handled the room well and kept control of the press questions, and I appreciate that. But the energy of the others, and even the chief, did not instill any confidence, did not seem like they really cared. It was sleepy.

(Which makes me question if they know this is all a scam, circus, parade? I don't know if that's true, but that is lingering in my mind at the moment.)

If this guy, Finner, is the Chief of Police, then….

…….HOUSTON, you have a problem.

Okay, I love that police chief.

It's going to take time to investigate this, figure out what the heck happened, and corroborate any of his statements with evidence. Charges can't be made instantaneously.

What a bizarre and sad case.
LOL gotta love it

I'm not the person you're asking, but my impressions of the press conference is they really did not think it was worthwhile to be there, except the story has so much attention. I think the chief handled the room well and kept control of the press questions, and I appreciate that. But the energy of the others, and even the chief, did not instill any confidence, did not seem like they really cared. It was sleepy.

(Which makes me question if they know this is all a scam, circus, parade? I don't know if that's true, but that is lingering in my mind at the moment.)
Replying to myself....

Now that I think about it, LE is not allowing to follow the lead of QX or the mom. I do appreciate that.

jmo

Maybe I'm in the minority here. I actually thought HPD did a good job and treated everyone with respect. They divulged what information they could while still protecting the ongoing investigation. In fact, I hope the press conference turned the temperature down. The public and family are rightly concerned about what Janie and/or Rudy might do next, even speculating that the pressure may lead them to commit suicide. The approach by investigators should alleviate that concern. The only illegal activity they mentioned where false reporting misdemeanors that the DA declined to prosecute. Janie will feel less like she is cornered and Rudy has some of his privacy protected.

My dad used to say, "look alive" when we kids didn't put effort into doing a chore - and that memory pops into my mind when I'm watching this presser. Could they look less interested, show less effort?

Is that because LE knows this is all a scam or because the investigation is sub-par? Or what?

jmo

I think they want the issue to go away to avoid the real question of
“Why” this fraud was allowed to be continued for 8 years- LE had contact with Rudy years back so why not announce then or address the claims against Mom in requests for financial support related to missing son. No one wants involvement then or now.

If a 25 year old woman showed up with her father after being missing 8 years and people claiming she was raped repeatedly, there is no way she would be welcome to just leave with him because "He's a grown man". This chief is horrendous, whatever actually happened aside.

IMO - its a complicated case and HPD doesn't want to dig into it because it will show how much they dropped the ball then and now.
In this case, so far at least, QX is the only person claiming SA of Rudy by his mother.
The one investigator that was apparently in the room with him, stated clearly that he (Rudy) never made that claim.

That didn't really tell me anything. Why in the world would a community activist be speaking with the mother of a missing, now located young man? How does that fit?
IIRC he acts as a liaison between the public and LE. Sort of tries to make sure people are protected in dealings with LE. But if he sees that people are up to no good, like with a missing person/child case, he goes public with what he knows. The community apparently tends to trust him and I’m thinking that LE often lets him go off because he can say things they may not for policy reasons.

I don’t know.

Recalling a past case he seemed to go into it trying to help the parents of a missing little girl but turned on them when facts came out indicating that they were involved in the disappearance and/or her neglect.

imo, it was their way of showing how little they think of the case.
That was my impression too.

And that leaves me with the question WHY do they think that?

Tbh, at this point, I'm believing absolutely nothing except Rudy was reported missing in 2015 and he has not, in fact, been missing since 2015. That's ALL I know to be true.

jmo at the moment

I'd like to say I hope Adult Protective Services is involved and looking into things, but I know from personal experience what a dismal failure of a joke that organization is. Moo.
I'll paraphrase but one of the investigators (the one that looks like Kevin from Epic Gardening, if you know, you know, lol) did say they made sure Rudy was put in touch with "adult services" so that he had the resources he needs to get help.

More info from Rudy's cousin, who saw Rudy years ago. She also states the grandma lived with the mom and mentioned Rudy being around. Link is to MSM, KPRC Houston youtube channel:

I don’t get it. Rudy’s cousin’s grandmother was living with Rudy’s mother? And Rudy would come by to check on her? I’m so confused. Did the extended family know or not know that he was missing?
Wouldn’t the grandmother be amazed upon seeing Rudy, instead of saying, “oh yeah. Rudy stopped by.”

And if the mother was abusing Rudy, did the grandmother not see any of that?

And what house did the cousin think he was living behind? And why behind?

Neighbors also hung out with him. Were they unaware he had been reported missing?

This is strange.

imo, it was their way of showing how little they think of the case.
Or, to them, it's not nearly as "high profile" as it is to the public, because they know more than we do.

Realistically, if QX had not been there yesterday and made that statement on MSM, no one would be outraged and angry that Rudy is still with his mom right now. I don't know why he told the press something different than what the investigators just said today, but he did, and here we are.

And all that to say, I have no idea what to make of any of this. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper