Found Alive TX - Rudolph 'Rudy' Farias, 17, Houston, 6 March 2015 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You can get mental health treatment through health insurance, if you have it. She had a job so she might have had insurance and, if so, would likely have had the option to include Rudy on her plan. If not, there are mental health clinics available which have a sliding scale based on income.
Although "only" 10% or so of Americans do not have health insurance, I believe that it is very possible that Rudi did not. How does one get health insurance for a missing adult? JMO and fwiw.

I hope things get better in your area.
My post was based off of personal experience in 3 states over the past 5 years. Multiple inpatient stays in 2 of those states, emergency care in the 3rd. Never have had a problem accessing MH care.
Just my opinion and I worked in the system here for 10 years. The difficulty is in getting QUALITY MH care.... and getting it in a Timely manner.

Asked whether he and his mother shared a normal relationship, Farias said, "Not after all of that. Not after everything she did and to be honest, I don't want one with her."

Police Lt. Zamora said July 6 that Farias had been connected with victims' services so he had resources to aid in his recovery, but that based on their interview with him, no alleged sexual abuse had been reported. "If there is a disclosure made," he said, "we will continue to investigate."

At the time, Zamora noted, the Harris County District Attorney's Office had declined to file charges pending the final outcome of the HPD's ongoing investigation.

But at least one resident of tree-lined Valley Lake Drive, 80-year-old John Richardson, said he truly believed Rudy Farias, 25, had vanished because he hadn't seen him in eight years.

“He was a nice little kid,” Richardson said Thursday. “I told him, 'I’m gonna teach you how to cut your mother’s yard.'"

“It was always the same answer," said Richardson, who lives across the street from Farias and Santana. "She would start crying and say they haven’t found him, and it would hurt me."

This video makes me uncomfortable in a way I can't put my finger on. He seems almost broken somehow.
something is very wrong in that family dynamic for sure. I see what you're seeing. Very wrong. However...nothing can be done at this point in time.

Last edited:
Rudy Farias' mom, Janie Santana, has taken eight husbands to court; two have called her a "serial bigamist."

That was a wild ride of an article! Thanks for posting. The sheer effrontery and depth of this woman's lies.

Rudy Farias' mom, Janie Santana, has taken eight husbands to court; two have called her a "serial bigamist."

I didn't read the article but damn, if you have to take all of 8 husbands to court then maybe you are the problem and not the husbands. Yikes.

Wowsers. That article is something else!

Some gems:

It's a string of legal, common-law, and in one case ultimately fictitious husbands stretching back to her first "I do" at age 17.

At least one of her ex-husbands (#4, though #7 also did) who accused her of serial bigamy had the allegation proven in court.

That fourth husband's allegations were "substantially correct," and proven "by full and satisfactory evidence," a judge said in voiding that common-law marriage in this ruling, from 2013.

She herself claimed to be a bigamist at an earlier point in her string of marriages/relationships/whatevers.

In 2000, she referred to her own simultaneous second and third husbands — an overlap she described in this document — as she to court to void that third marriage.

Supposed marriage #2 was apparently actually fictitious!

And one — the marriage she claimed was her second, from 1997, to the owner of a Houston furniture store — turns out to have been an utter fiction.

That's according to the Texas marriage index for 1997, and Santana's own statement in this subsequent filing.

"I never had any kind of relationship with this woman," this second purported "husband," Patrick Rocha, told Insider. "Let alone a marriage."

At the bottom there's an easy scroll through a bolded list of the supposed husbands/relationships and their various summary/status updates.

I didn't read the article but damn, if you have to take all of 8 husbands to court then maybe you are the problem and not the husbands. Yikes.

I've been waiting for someone to use better words for that than I could thank you.
I literally have no words for that person that wouldn't get me banned from here forever.
My thoughts are with the boy, and his age is irrelevant. So poof he turned 18 and suddenly he was in on it?
That's not how it works.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back