Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it. Could there have been a reason to scrape the walls or something? No clue... JMO

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found

Perhaps it was some animal attracted by the smell if they still had poor Samuel in the bath. That could have caused them to go and buy the tote.

This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it:

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found
This is makes me feel ill.

Here is an updated article on the case

Mods my apologies if I missed it already posted this morning. TIA

Samuel Olson's family can't bear to hear 'sickening details' of corpse

There are some very thought provoking statement quotes by the paternal grandmother. IMO

"I met Theresa when she was over here with him, she was fine.

"It's a sad thing when somebody does something like that to a kid.

"I believe that he did something that he wasn't supposed to and she punished him.

"She spanked him or slapped him around, more than she should, it's obvious she lost her temper. I'd never seen her do that."

TB had an active R.O. that barred her from ANY contact with DO and his family.

Eta: quotes by TO
These comments from someone who was supposed to love and support this child hurts my heart.

Again, I just want to note that I believe these quotes are from DO family friend DC who offered DO a place to stay according to the article in The Sun. I also think DC was SPECULATING on what may have happened, not that he had observed TB doing this. Of course what is being described is absolutely abuse, and may well have happened. Just wanted to point out that though the article is poorly written, I do not think anyone is saying they had witnessed any abuse prior to this. Not excusing anyone. There is lots of blame to go around here, but don’t want to veer off into a discussion that may be based on unclear reporting,

100% agree. Those quotes were pure speculation after the fact about how it MIGHT have happened from DC... not at all observations. JMO

I may have missed this - I’m not able to listen to anything due to innocent little ears. Did he die in that apartment? I know the roommate says he saw the body there. Was he alive when he went into the apartment?

I don’t have a theory as to whether this was an accident/neglect, sudden rage attack, or planned.

I may have missed this - I’m not able to listen to anything due to innocent little ears. Did he die in that apartment? I know the roommate says he saw the body there. Was he alive when he went into the apartment?

I don’t have a theory as to whether this was an accident/neglect, sudden rage attack, or planned.
Good question. I don’t think we know for sure where he died. The apartment seems likely, but we don’t know.

Another innocent, sweet child, murdered at the hands of a 'caregiver'. This breaks my heart every single time, there's just no words to describe the anger and frustration I feel with these situations.

How do we stop this from happening???

Fly high dear Sam, you're in the arms of angels now.

0eef2cbc-5234-4317-ac71-1f0f3369d234_1920x1080.png

Author: Janelle Bludau
Published: 10:20 PM CDT June 4, 2021
Neighbors who lived near Samuel Olson react to tragic discovery | khou.com

Caroline Roberts, associate director of policy and staff attorney for Children At Risk, said due to the pandemic, it’s been harder to notice if kids are being abused or neglected.

“The past year many children have been stuck at home under very, very stressful circumstances,” Roberts said.

She said these cases have gone unreported until it’s too late.

“Because other teachers, doctors, other family members have had less contact with these children, that has made it really, really tough," Roberts said.

Also, she said tragic stories involving children are devastating to the community.

However, Roberts encourages people to make an effort to pay attention and not look the other way.

“Because those children, they’re so helpless,” Roberts said. “They really are reliant on us to make an outcry for them.”

Number of crimes against children has climbed in Texas recently | khou.com

These comments from someone who was supposed to love and support this child hurts my heart.

The comments referred to are from a family friend DC who apparently offered DO a place to live “several months ago”. He was speculating about what MAY have happened to poor Samuel, not what he witnessed himself. These comments were NOT from Samuel’s grandmother as the post quoted appeared. The article below in The Sun from which the quotes were taken was poorly reported and very confusing.

As an employee of Cy-Fair ISD, I can say most normal protocols were modified due to COVID. But with him just turning 6, he was in Kindergarten. In TX both PreK & KG aren’t mandatory, so there’s really not anything that can be done. Attendance is taken, parents send excuse notes when they return and parents are contacted when absences are consecutive after 2-3 days but they can say whatever and we can’t dispute it. I had a KG student who was out the last 3-4 weeks of school, we called but he never returned.
IMHO Samuel’s school is the least culpable entity in this tragedy.

In the best of times, schools do an excellent job of keeping track of the welfare of their students. Teachers are deemed mandatory reporters who are held by law to report any suspicion of neglect or abuse, and I believe they take that responsibility very seriously.

States and school districts also have compulsory attendance guidelines that trigger flags when a student is missing from school for consecutive days or extended time. There are processes in place for each district that address this. Here is the attendance policy for Cy-Fair Independent School District, which includes Holbrook Elementary School, which is where Samuel attended. At age 5, IMHO he must have been voluntarily enrolled since enrollment is not mandated until a child is age 6. However, before age 6, once a child IS enrolled, they must follow the same attendance guidelines.
Compulsory Attendance Law :: Cypress-Fairbanks Independent School District

Here is a brief overview of the State of Texas Compulsory Attendance law.
Attendance Requirements

My point is that since CoVid, IMHO it must have been a nightmare tracking attendance. With most schools offering some virtual attendance option at some point during the 2020-2021 school year, it must have been easy to fall through the cracks on attendance. It was also fluid, in that families had different needs at different times based on their own employment. Add to that the transient lifestyle many families were thrust into during this time, and it would have been challenging at the least to track down each child who was here today and gone next week. It is heartbreaking in the best of times without a pandemic. It is tragic now.

All this to say even if the school did their best to find out where Samuel was, IMHO it could have been unsuccessful during the few weeks between when they last saw him April 30 and when they learned about his disappearance the same day we all did May 27. And, as a teacher, I know they are emotionally suffering greatly because of it.

As an employee of Cy-Fair ISD, I can say most normal protocols were modified due to COVID. But with him just turning 6, he was in Kindergarten. In TX both PreK & KG aren’t mandatory, so there’s really not anything that can be done. Attendance is taken, parents send excuse notes when they return and parents are contacted when absences are consecutive after 2-3 days but they can say whatever and we can’t dispute it. I had a KG student who was out the last 3-4 weeks of school, we called but he never returned.
I wondered about his school year, and thank you for confirming.

I wonder how long he had been enrolled at that particular school. Did his mother, SO, even know he was in school?

Why was DO living near there with Samuel? Why was TB living elsewhere, with her ex? Poor little Samuel, it sounds like he moved around a lot.

So many questions.

IMHO with bio mom not seeing him in 12-18 months (I’ve read both idk which is accurate) I’d guess he’s been with “dad”. Which obviously includes being with TB since that’s where everything happened.
I wonder how long he had been enrolled at that particular school. Did his mother, SO, even know he was in school?

Why was DO living near there with Samuel? Why was TB living elsewhere, with her ex? Poor little Samuel, it sounds like he moved around a lot.

So many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member