Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMHO with bio mom not seeing him in 12-18 months (I’ve read both idk which is accurate) I’d guess he’s been with “dad”. Which obviously includes being with TB since that’s where everything happened.

DO’s neighbors NW and DW in northwest Houston mention seeing DO and Samuel playing in the front yard and walking to school. They haven’t said anything about seeing TB.
Neighbors who lived near Samuel Olson react to tragic discovery | khou.com
The older friend DC who DO & Samuel were living with says he met TB, but nothing about her staying with them.
Samuel Olson's family can't bear to hear 'sickening details' of corpse

Last edited:

Reporter Hecker alleges DO gave her several phone interviews (he wanted only his mom to go on camera) and stated he last talked to Samuel on May 21 and heard him playing in the background on May 22 when talking on the phone to TB. Both of these dates do not correspond with the AA which states SO was alleged deceased on May 10 per TB's roommate.
I can see that DO may have thought he heard Samuel in the background, especially if the perp said something like, “Oh by the way, Samuel says, ‘Hi Dad’.” It’s happened in other cases.

But if the AA is correct, Samuel could not have spoken to his father on May 21st, so is the roommate mistaken or DO? Is this deliberate misdirection or simply a mix-up of dates?

This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it:

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found
This just gets more disturbing every day. WTH was going on with these people?

Sitting on hands.
Mine are numb!

Last edited:
I can see that DO may have thought he heard Samuel in the background, especially if the perp said something like, “Oh by the way, Samuel says, ‘Hi Dad’.” It’s happened in other cases.

But if the AA is correct, Samuel could not have spoken to his father on May 21st, so is the roommate mistaken or DO? Is this deliberate misdirection or simply a mix-up of dates?

My assumption was that neither of them were mistaken.

DO’s neighbors NW and DW in northwest Houston mention seeing DO and Samuel playing in the front yard and walking to school. They haven’t said anything about seeing TB.
Neighbors who lived near Samuel Olson react to tragic discovery | khou.com
The older friend DC who they were living with says he met TB, but nothing about her staying with them.

By all MSM accounts, it seems that only DO and SO lived with friend DC. DC states he'd met TB when she was over here with him, she was fine.

Do also told reporters that he and Balboa had "a routine" which saw Samuel predominantly stay with his partner.

When asked why, Olson said Balboa would help watch the boy because he didn't have a car and worked long hours in construction.

At TB's recent bond hearing, her defense argued that she was not a flight risk and had the same address for three years. Court documents describe TB residing with her live-in roommate (not DO).

Court records also confirm DO obtained a restraining order against TB last November.

He was granted a restraining order against her, barring Balboa from having direct contact with Olson or his family – but the couple claim they have resolved their issues.

To my knowledge, the RO was not lifted. I trust TB residing with DO would be in violation of the order.

Stepmom of boy, 6, feared dead 'choked his dad' before kid's disappearance

I wonder how long he had been enrolled at that particular school. Did his mother, SO, even know he was in school?

Why was DO living near there with Samuel? Why was TB living elsewhere, with her ex? Poor little Samuel, it sounds like he moved around a lot.

So many questions.

I haven't thought about this, but I have to think SO didn't know Sam was in school. If she did, couldn't she have just gone and gotten him from school one day? She had legal custody.

I haven't thought about this, but I have to think SO didn't know Sam was in school. If she did, couldn't she have just gone and gotten him from school one day? She had legal custody.

IMHO not knowing where DO & Samuel were living would mean it would be hard to determine what school he was attending. SO apparently hadn’t been able to find them, so she wouldn’t know where to look in terms of schools. My guess is it would have required the services of a private investigator to track them down, and they are expensive I think.

As long as she was listed on the birth certificate used to enroll him at his school ... and also as long as there wasn't a court order on file that specifically prohibited her from picking him up, yes, she probably could have gotten him from school with just her i.d. ... She probably didn't know where he was though.

<moo>

DC was an independent friend of DO and does not know TB? Ok to assume this?

So what is still outstanding is who was the flatmate and and who was the person who called police re-motel situation?

IMO, pls feel free to correct.

So what is still outstanding is who was the flatmate and and who was the person who called police re-motel situation?

DC says he had met SB when she was over at his home with DO.

Both of the other 2 individuals you are asking about have been named in MSM, and appear on the list of case players in this post:
TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 MAY 2021 MEDIA, MAPS, TIMELINE **NO DISCUSSION**
We ask that members use only their initials since they have not been named as suspects in this case.

Last edited:
ok many thanks, don't want to hold up thread, I've looked but don't know who DC is. Will find it.

The information on the flatmate and id of the person who called the police re motel is listed in the court paperwork that IIRC Seattle or ?Ann-Tx posted upthread. The ID of the flatmate has appeared also in MSM. The court paperwork may or may not be also in the media thread.

This is bizarre and I am unsure what to make of it:

She recalled chilling details of bizarre noises heard from the apartment two days after Samuel was allegedly killed.

"My fiance saw them one time [Balboa and Rivera], but they never spoke," she exclusively told The Sun.

"The second day we were here, it was probably about 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning, we heard loud scratching noises, really, really loud.

"It lasted for a good ten or fifteen minutes, I was like, 'Baby, I'm scared.' He [her fiance] was like, 'It's okay'.

Stepmom's neighbors heard 'scratching through wall' before boy's body found
Tiff23fr, was this reported by any of the Houston, TX mainstream media, i.e., KPRC (NBC); KHOU (CBS); KTRK (ABC); FOX26 or the Houston Chronicle?

I am very skeptical of The Sun. I take them with "a grain of salt."

They do not have any reputable reporters in Houston, TX covering the Samuel Olson case.

In some Houston cases that I followed closely and assisted the victim's family in, we found that The Sun was not a reliable source. They are a UK publication. I do believe they have a US publication source. They are considered a tabloid.

Unless mainstream Houston media reported someone hearing "scratching through wall", I am very skeptical. I have a tendency to go with the charging document and what law enforcement discloses.

Tiff23fr, was this reported by any of the Houston, TX mainstream media, i.e., KPRC (NBC); KHOU (CBS); KTRK (ABC); FOX26 or the Houston Chronicle?

I am very skeptical of The Sun. I take them with "a grain of salt."

They do not have any reputable reporters in Houston, TX covering the Samuel Olson case.

In some Houston cases that I followed closely and assisted the victim's family in, we found that The Sun was not a reliable source. They are a UK publication. I do believe they have a US publication source. They are considered a tabloid.

Unless mainstream Houston media reported someone hearing "scratching through wall", I am very skeptical. I have a tendency to go with the charging document and what law enforcement discloses.

I don’t disagree with your point of view on the outlet.

It appears the neighbor was interviewed and this was the result of what transpired as a part of that interview. I still feel the context of it is bizarre and I am not sure what to make of it. JMO
I am not suggesting it be considered fact by any means. It’s just another strange thing in the media journey of this unfortunate case.

The information on the flatmate and id of the person who called the police re motel is listed in the court paperwork that IIRC Seattle or ?Ann-Tx posted upthread. The ID of the flatmate has appeared also in MSM. The court paperwork may or may not be also in the media thread.

ok. Many thanks. Will look for it.

Was it the same person? In the meantime? Hoping not.

I don’t disagree with your point of view on the outlet.

It appears the neighbor was interviewed and this was the result of what transpired as a part of that interview. I still feel the context of it is bizarre and I am not sure what to make of it. JMO
I am not suggesting it be considered fact by any means. It’s just another strange thing in the media journey of this unfortunate case.
Also quoted from the same story:
"I've heard loud scratching from animals before and it wasn't that, I don't believe they had animals.

"We didn't hear any other noises, it was strange.
"

I believe the neighbors also stated that they thought they saw a black/yellow tote that night. And it's been stated that the body was wrapped & duct-taped before being put in the tote. And that kind of leaves me wondering how much duct tape they used. If you've used duct tape (or any tape), you're probably familiar with the sound it makes when you pull a long strip of duct tape off of the roll. ...could the walls in their apartment be thin enough that what the neighbors heard was the sound of duct tape being unrolled? ...maybe a LOT of duct tape?

"I've heard loud scratching from animals before and it wasn't that, I don't believe they had animals.

"

I believe the neighbors also stated that they thought they saw a black/yellow tote that night. And it's been stated that the body was wrapped & duct-taped before being put in the tote. And that kind of leaves me wondering how much duct tape they used. If you've used duct tape (or any tape), you're probably familiar with the sound it makes when you pull a long strip of duct tape off of the roll. ...could the walls in their apartment be thin enough that what the neighbors heard was the sound of duct tape being unrolled? ...maybe a LOT of duct tape?
This may be spot on. Duct tape is rather loud.

"

That makes sense. Good thinking.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads