Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To my knowledge, you are not a family member and you will not be given the case number or be able to track the status of Samuel Olson's autopsy.

I am speaking from personal experience regarding the murder of my cousin in Houston, Harris County, TX.

The Autopsy Report will be given to the Lead Detective of the Samuel Olson case with the Houston Police Department - Houston, Harris County, TX. It will then be presented to the Harris County District Attorney's Office - Houston, Harris County, TX (commonly known as HCDA) as part of the Samuel Olson case.

The media is required to contact the Public Information Officer with the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences (HCIFS) for news and information. You can be assured that no info will be disclosed regarding the autopsy of Samuel Olson by the HCIFS as the report will go directly to the Lead Detective - Samuel Olson case - of HPD.

So this does not get deleted, I am providing Links to HCIFS, HPD, HCDA since I mentioned them in this post .. .. if this is not acceptable, MODS, please advise me. Thank you in advance.

HCIFS - Houston, Harris County, TX
IFS - Institute of Forensic Sciences

Houston Police Department (HPD) - Houston, Harris County, TX
Houston Police Department

Harris County District Attorney's Office - Houston, Harris County, TX (Kim Ogg - Office of District Attorney - Harris County, TX)
Homepage | Harris County District Attorney's Office
The case status look up is publicly available, searchable by case number or other characteristics such as name, date of death and sex.

I have tracked autopsy case status on the Harris County IFS site for other cases. They don’t release the full autopsy report on the site, but they do update the case status over time with manner of death and cause of death which tends to be of interest to us sleuthers.

The case status look up is publicly available, searchable by case number or other characteristics such as name, date of death and sex.

I have tracked autopsy case status on the Harris County IFS site for other cases. They don’t release the full autopsy report on the site, but they do update the case status over time with manner of death and cause of death which tends to be of interest to us sleuthers.
I guess I did not make myself clear in my post, MoeInVA. My apology!

In the short term, no info about the autopsy report will be made available to the public by the HCIFS. As previously stated, the Lead Detective in the Samuel Olson case will be sent the autopsy report of Samuel Olson.

Many things, other than basic info such as manner of death perhaps, in that autopsy report will not even be disclosed until and if the Samuel Olson case would go to trial. The Samuel Olson case is currently under investigation by the Houston Police Department - Houston, Harris County, TX. HPD will make the decision as to when it is appropriate to disclose the entire autopsy report. Initially, they will be the ones to disclose the manner of death based on the report by the Medical Examiner at HCIFS. Also, the manner of death will be in additional charging documents (instruments) as filed by the Harris County District Attorney's Office - Houston, Harris County, TX.

When my cousin was murdered in Houston, TX, the Medical Examiner at HCIFS - Houston, Harris County, TX was not allowed to release it to the family until a later date. And .. . it had to be purchased. I do not recall the price per page but I do know it was not cheap.

This is public information and an approved source for WS.

Case Status
Hi, Ontario Mom!

I did not state HCIFS is not public information or a public site. Anyone can click on that site. <modsnip>

What I am stating is that the Autopsy Report will be sent to the Lead Detective with HPD - Houston, Harris County, TX. The Sam Olson case is under investigation by HPD! You can be assured the general public will not be reading the Autopsy Report of Sam Olson at the HCIFS site.

The designated approved family member(s) of Samuel Olson will not be even issued a copy of the Autopsy Report immediately. If you do not believe me, please contact the Lead Detective of the Sam Olson case with the Houston Police Department - Houston, Harris County, TX. I posted the Link to HPD in an earlier post. It has the contact info at that website. However, I doubt very seriously that you could even get through to the Lead Detective. The calls at HPD are screened!

Last edited by a moderator:

In the short term, no info about the autopsy report will be made available to the public by the HCIFS. As previously stated, the Lead Detective in the Samuel Olson case will be sent the autopsy report of Samuel Olson.

Many things, other than basic info such as manner of death perhaps, in that autopsy report will not even be disclosed until and if the Samuel Olson case would go to trial. The Samuel Olson case is currently under investigation by the Houston Police Department - Houston, Harris County, TX. HPD will make the decision as to when it is appropriate to disclose the entire autopsy report. Initially, they will be the ones to disclose the manner of death based on the report by the Medical Examiner at HCIFS. Also, the manner of death will be in additional charging documents (instruments) as filed by the Harris County District Attorney's Office - Houston, Harris County, TX.

When my cousin was murdered in Houston, TX, the Medical Examiner at HCIFS - Houston, Harris County, TX was not allowed to release it to the family until a later date. And .. . it had to be purchased. I do not recall the price per page but I do know it was not cheap.

To be clear, the Medical Examiners link (Case Status) provides information for both Families and Public/Media.

The family obviously has a different reason to communicate with the ME's office for authorized, private data but information available to the public is also confirmed by the office for Media use which serves as a credible source for WS purposes.

For our purposes, referencing the case status update link for information such as positive identification, cause, and manner of death as determined by the ME should not be confused with requesting and/or obtaining an autopsy report.

Case Status

Although Grandma said Samuel appeared to be getting sick the last time she saw him, I don’t believe that’s why he was sent to TB. IMO the reason Samuel was shipped so many miles away was to hide him from his mother. I think DO heard that his ex was working on getting custody, so Samuel was sent away. IMO it was a case of do whatever you can to avoid having to pay child support.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I wonder, did DO truly believe TB when she told him mom and a police officer showed up to take Samuel that morning?

I wonder if he believed TB (and not SO) and reported Samuel missing, while thinking he really was back with Mom...

What if DO believed TB that day, and never checked up again? How long would this have gone on, with each parent thinking he was with the other?

<moo>

Mod Note to Provide Added Clarification:

We all recognize this case is in its early stages of investigation and so many of us have questions around the final days of little Samuel. As cases evolve and new information is released, the admin and mod team works together to determine the rules of acceptable parameters within the discussions on threads. While some rules are clear in the TOS such as our Victim Friendly stance and acceptable social media guidelines, others are made based on judgement calls to protect the integrity of WS. As cases evolve, the team collaboratively re-evaluates the parameters when necessary.

At this time, some clarity around the parameters of this case/thread include:

-Divorce documents or other legal issues between the biological parents are off limits in the thread. Neither parent has been named a POI. This decision is supported by not only our WS Victim Friendly TOS but also the current statements as made publicly by LE.

-Protective order between TB and DO - this can be discussed, but with a caveat. It should not be used as a way to skirt around the current POI statement of LE or WS’s Victim Friendly TOS.

-Any other publicly available documents regarding TB can be sleuthed and discussed including any possible criminal history. Any biological minor children she may have are completely off limits for discussion.

Please know that we do our best to balance the gray areas that arise in many cases. We are always open to clarifying questions. Simply click the report link in a post.

Lastly, we ask that you not make assumptions as to why you may see a post that includes <modsnip>. There are multiple reasons that posts are snipped so that the remainder of the post can stand.

Thanks for your understanding,
Tiff

"Sarah's efforts over the past several months to reclaim her son and deliver legal paperwork to the boy's father that would enforce her primary custody were stymied by court delays caused by the pandemic, as well as Dalton Olson's apparent jumping among residences, said Gomez, the spokesman for Sarah's attorney.

Police also confirmed that Samuel had been enrolled in at least two different schools during that time."

---------

BBM, he really did move around a lot...<moo>

Texas Mom 'Heartbroken' After Missing Boy's Body Is Found, Blames Ex-Husband for Tragedy

I wonder, did DO truly believe TB when she told him mom and a police officer showed up to take Samuel that morning?

I wonder if he believed TB (and not SO) and reported Samuel missing, while thinking he really was back with Mom...

What if DO believed TB that day, and never checked up again? How long would this have gone on, with each parent thinking he was with the other?

<moo>
I think DO probably did believe it because he probably knew she was going to court to get custody back. So it would not surprise him when he first heard it.

But after he called mom, and she denied it, probably passionately so, I am glad he called it in.

She would have no reason to deny it if she had come with an officer and court orders to retrieve her boy.

Yes absolutely HPD works in collaboration with IFS and I agree LE can and often does withhold autopsy findings and full reports to protect an investigation.

Even so, in some cases, we do learn the manner of death and/or cause of death from the case status look-up website rather than the police, media or charging documents. 5 year old David Niwamanya is an example that I am currently following where the cause and manner of death were posted at IFS in early May. However, there has been no police or media update on that case since January. (Which I hope means they don’t need any help from the public and are getting close!). JMO.

It appears that this question has not been answered yet.
The visual from the night of the apartment investigation with the crime scene trucks and LE photographers presented on several of the news channels , I definitely see them walking in on ground,1st floor level. MOO

I’ll have to dig through all the articles but I just recently was reading one that shared which apartment it was...maybe that would help in determining what floor it’s located on.

I’ll have to dig through all the articles but I just recently was reading one that shared which apartment it was...maybe that would help in determining what floor it’s located on.

It is in this video a couple times. It looks like a ground floor in my opinion. BTW anyone looking for a quick up to speed on the case, this 11 min video is a good overview on the basics to date.
Reporter Notebook: Covering the death of Samuel Olson

<moo>
That’s a great question. I’m not sure we have a definitive answer on that. We may never know what he really thought. He probably did believe TB at first because he did make the call to his ex.

That’s a great question. I’m not sure we have a definitive answer on that. We may never know what he really thought. He probably did believe TB at first because he did make the call to his ex.
I don’t know, but IMO the most important fact LE has sworn to date on that subject is that DO called police to report Samuel missing.

Per LE arrest affidavit for TB, DO had already called Sam’s mom and realized it was she said/she said. And he took the next step and called police. Anyway.

Now for me, I think he must have had at least a shred of a doubt in all directions.

Who knows if TB tried to stop him or convince him not to or if TB just stupidly thought she would get Sam’s mom in trouble.

But apparently he made the call and that’s notable.

If more notable confirmed facts come out, I reserve the right to judge harshly :)
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member