Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, but IMO the most important fact LE has sworn to date on that subject is that DO called police to report Samuel missing.

Per LE arrest affidavit for TB, DO had already called Sam’s mom and realized it was she said/she said. And he took the next step and called police. Anyway.

Now for me, I think he must have had at least a shred of a doubt in all directions.

Who knows if TB tried to stop him or convince him not to or if TB just stupidly thought she would get Sam’s mom in trouble.

But apparently he made the call and that’s notable.

If more notable confirmed facts come out, I reserve the right to judge harshly :)
JMO

According to the AA, on May 27th, TB called DO around 11:40 a.m., and told him Samuel's mom and a police officer had come by the McAvoy address earlier that morning, around 7:30 a.m., and taken Samuel.

DO called the police at around 4:59 p.m. to report Samuel missing.

When did DO contact mom?

<moo>

According to the AA, on May 27th, TB called DO around 11:40 a.m., and told him Samuel's mom and a police officer had come by the McAvoy address earlier that morning, around 7:30 a.m., and taken Samuel.

When did DO contact mom?

<moo>
Why did TB take so long to call DO and report that Samuel had been picked up, by police officer and his ex, early that morning? She didnt call his Dad immediately?

I wonder what he thought about that? 'Your just telling me now?' is what I'd think.

When did DO contact mom?

<moo>
Interesting q! Per the probable cause documents for TB, DO reported he made that call before officers arrived that evening around 5:30 pm. But LE has not reported more detail. That said, I assume they verified the call happened to include it in affidavit for TB’s arrest.

Why did TB take so long to call DO and report that Samuel had been picked up, by police officer and his ex, early that morning? She didnt call his Dad immediately?

I wonder what he thought about that? 'Your just telling me now?' is what I'd think.

Why did TB call him and make up that story on that particular day? What triggered that? Had DO been calling her before that? Was he trying to see his son?

Interesting q! Per the probable cause documents for TB, DO reported he made that call before officers arrived that evening around 5:30 pm. But LE has not reported more detail. That said, I assume they verified the call happened to include it in affidavit for TB’s arrest.
Maybe the mom was working during the day - not everyone can take a call during work or respond quickly. (Just a guess, not suggesting that is actually the case.)

jmo

I didn't see that call mentioned in the AA, am I missing something? I am looking at the four-page AA. Where can I see the information about the call DO placed to SO?

Reminder:

The Arraignment of Theresa Raye Balboa is tomorrow, June 7, 2021 at 9 a.m. CDT, in State of Texas District Court 180 - Houston, Harris County, TX.

It is not known, at this time, if the presiding State District Judge will allow cameras in this Arraignment.

In the past, if allowed by the presiding State District Judge, there is a pool camera and all court approved mainstream media networks can stream off of that pool camera.

If the presiding State District Judge will allow the Arraignment to be streamed and there is no FB Link or mainstream media Link that you can locate, here is a Link to State of Texas District Court 180's "live" stream.

For those not familiar with the stream, please click on the below Link and be aware and read below the video box. No recording of the proceeding!

Snipped and all caps are not by me:

NO PERSON, OTHER THAN THE COURT REPORTER, MAY RECORD A COURT PROCEEDING WITHOUT THE COURT’S PERMISSION. THIS PROHIBITION APPLIES TO ALL PERSONS, INCLUDING MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC VIEWING COURT PROCEEDINGS ON ANY COURT’S LIVE STREAM AND TO PERSONS WITH THE ABILITY TO RECORD ANY VIRTUAL COURT PROCEEDING. ANY PERSON FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THIS ORDER FACES CONTEMPT PROCEEDINGS, INCLUDING A FINE OF UP TO $500 AND A SENTENCE OF CONFINEMENT FOR UP TO SIX (6) MONTHS IN JAIL FOR EACH ACT OF CONTEMPT OF COURT.

180th District Court - Live Stream

Source: State of Texas 180th District Court "Live" Stream

Last edited:
I wonder, did DO truly believe TB when she told him mom and a police officer showed up to take Samuel that morning?

I wonder if he believed TB (and not SO) and reported Samuel missing, while thinking he really was back with Mom...

What if DO believed TB that day, and never checked up again? How long would this have gone on, with each parent thinking he was with the other?

<moo>

I think he believed TB. DO seemed to live in near constant fear of mom showing up and taking her son back. TB's story played right into that fear.

Fortunately, he followed up with his ex. He probably thought his ex was lying but that call is part of the reason why this poor child was located.

MODS:

If this is not allowed, please delete it. Thanks in advance!

The following Link is to the State of Texas District Court Judge DaSean Jones of the 180th State District Court (Criminal Court) - Houston, Harris County, TX.

There is a lot of informative, factual information on the linked website, especially Local Rules for the Criminal Courts...

The location of the Justice Center is in downtown Houston, Harris County, TX.

Judge DaSean Jones
Harris County Criminal Justice Center
1201 Franklin, 18th Floor
Houston, Texas 77002

Harris County District Courts

I didn't see that call mentioned in the AA, am I missing something? I am looking at the four-page AA. Where can I see the information about the call DO placed to SO?
My apologies! I believe it was the police media briefing, not the affidavit. My mistake. 3 minute mark of police media briefing.

i
f there is a url to bookmark for affidavit let me know. I have trouble bringing it upon my phone.

ETA: this didn’t completely convince me of anything, but given WS victim friendly policy I thought this a notable positive thing.

Prior to the briefing, I thought perhaps the mom had been unreachable. Or no one had tried. The fact that she WAS reachable and immediately refuted the claims and that DO still/ as a result made the call to police, all seemed like positives for the parents. JMO.

My apologies! I believe it was the police media briefing, not the affidavit. My mistake. 3 minute mark of police media briefing.

i
f there is a url to bookmark for affidavit let me know. I have trouble bringing it upon my phone.

ETA: this didn’t completely convince me of anything, but given WS victim friendly policy I thought this a notable positive thing.

Prior to the briefing, I thought perhaps the mom had been unreachable. Or no one had tried. The fact that she WAS reachable and immediately refuted the claims and that DO still/ as a result made the call to police, all seemed like positives for the parents. JMO.

Thank you!

I got the AA link from an earlier post, from @Seattle1 ...

Why did TB call him and make up that story on that particular day? What triggered that? Had DO been calling her before that? Was he trying to see his son?

May 27th was also the last day of school.
Perhaps DO had planned to pick him up from school since it was time for summer break. moo
TB had backed herself in a corner and had to come up with some story. moo

It really is incredible to me that she was able to keep this charade going for as long as she did, and I’m just talking about the 4 days between reporting the phantom pickup by mom and LE, until she got picked up at the hotel in Jasper. It is difficult for me to wrap my head around the reality that Samuel was probably murdered on May 10.

It really is incredible to me that she was able to keep this charade going for as long as she did, and I’m just talking about the 4 days between reporting the phantom pickup by mom and LE, until she got picked up at the hotel in Jasper. It is difficult for me to wrap my head around the reality that Samuel was probably murdered on May 10.
I was shocked she was still showing her face repeating the same implausible tale Monday with DO by her side. Well that didn’t last much longer anyway.

I just watched most of the KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX 10 p.m. CDT News.

There was an interview with Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch.

Joel Eisenbaum, Reporter with KPRC (NBC) News, commented about Theresea Balboa's court date tomorrow among other info.

The Anchor said it would be posted to the website later. As of 10:27 p.m. CDT, it has not been posted yet.

If anyone has the time to monitor KPRC's site and then post it on WS, here is the Link:

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

News | Houston News, Texas News and Local News Headlines | Click2Houston | KPRC 2

"Balboa was not in court during her probable cause hearing last week. She is, however, expected to be in court Monday for her arraignment.

Samuel's maternal grandmother said she’s still not ready to talk about what happened. She did say that it’s hard for her to believe that nobody else has been charged in connection to the boy’s death."

Theresa Balboa due in court | khou.com

I just watched most of the KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX 10 p.m. CDT News.

There was an interview with Tim Miller of Texas EquuSearch.

Joel Eisenbaum, Reporter with KPRC (NBC) News, commented about Theresea Balboa's court date tomorrow among other info.

The Anchor said it would be posted to the website later. As of 10:27 p.m. CDT, it has not been posted yet.

If anyone has the time to monitor KPRC's site and then post it on WS, here is the Link:

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

News | Houston News, Texas News and Local News Headlines | Click2Houston | KPRC 2

Tim Miller, founder of Texas Equusearch, discusses the death of 6-year-old Samuel Olson

“The morning we start with search I actually force Theresa to do an interview (and) put out there what she knew,” he said.

“I told her, ‘I’m really disappointed in you. Everything you just told the world is a lie,’” Miller told KPRC 2. “And there was absolutely no emotion in him [sic, as Tim said "her" during interview], she just looked at me and she said yes sir.”

Last edited:
I don't understand how she would know, or expect, that DO wouldn't ask to speak to him, during this period of time. I am surprised she waited so long to come up with a cover story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member