Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've ever smelled a decomposing animal, you immediately know what that smell is. No question. Jmo

Here is a more detailed article. Girlfriend of missing boy's dad charged after a child's body found in motel
This answers some questions.

“New details obtained by Eyewitness News from court records state after she participated in the search, she took off and drove to Cleveland, Texas, to meet a male friend.

The two then drove back to Webster to a storage unit where they picked up a black and yellow plastic container that had a foul odor, according to documents. The male friend then drove Balboa to a Best Western motel about two hours northeast of Houston, unloaded the truck and left her there.”

https://twitter.com/KHOULauren/status/1400261007424040962

Lauren Talarico
@KHOULauren

1. Warning: this is a disturbing thread about the latest on the Samuel Olson case. Court records show a man allegedly met Theresa Balboa at a Walmart parking lot in Cleveland, TX, picked her up along with a black plastic box. Drove to Best Western in Jasper. #KHOU11

2. Court records show both are seen on surveillance unloading bin from truck and carrying it into room 106. Man leaves, then later calls Crime Stoppers with tip about the motel and foul smelling bin. Jasper police arrive to find bin in room, Balboa in bathroom.

3. Court records show bin was closed with zipties, inside police found (this is hard for me to even type) small body in black plastic bag, wrapped in duct tape.

mugshot.jpg

these two look so much alike---same empty gaze.
Leticia did the same thing---she ran off with the body of Gannon, her boyfriend's son, and tried to hide him, even though police were already on to her lies.

Leticia also told stories about a kidnapping of Gannon the day he went missing---which was pure fantasy...

And just like TB, Leticia used to compare herself to the child's mom, calling herself the 'real mom' the one who really takes care of him the best...

Last edited:
I'm doubting that a real officer showed up that evening. I think that was faulty reporting.

jmo
I think it may have happened that way because of one weird thing. I was reading what Samuel's bio-mom was posting, about the situation. And from day one, it was said that the courts were demanding his imminent return.

...they used to have joint custody---but he didn't return him after a visit in 2020---and she had spent over a year in court battle trying to have him returned.

But he was hiding the boy from her. She tried t do things legally, the slow expensive way.

She had said, with documents that were posted, that the court finally gave her full legal custody and he was supposed to return the child by June 1st, I believe.

So that is why it makes sense to me that an officer may have gone to the address to look for Samuel.

And it also makes sense, that TB knowing that, might have triggered this whole tragic mess.

She already lost her children, and I think she is angry about that. And I also think this sweet boy probably had bruises or visible injuries---preventing her from turning him over voluntarily. :(

JMO IMO MOO

I think it may have happened that way because of one weird thing. I was reading what Samuel's bio-mom was posting, about the situation. And from day one, it was said that they used to have joint custody---but he didn't return him after a visit in 2020---and she had spent over a year in court battle trying to have him returned.

But he was hiding the boy from her. She tried t do things legally, the slow expensive way.

She had said, with documents that were posted, that the court finally gave her full legal custody and he was supposed to return the child by June 1st, I believe.

So that is why it makes sense to me that an officer may have gone to the address to look for Samuel.

And it also makes sense, that TB knowing that, might have triggered this whole tragic mess.

She already lost her children, and I think she is angry about that. And I also think this sweet boy probably had bruises or visible injuries---preventing her from turning him over voluntarily. :(

JMO IMO MOO

Thanks for this missing piece, katydid. Makes sense to me.

I wonder if the officer actually made an appearance, or if it was also a lie, based on what Tim Miller said. A plausible lie...

Texas EquuSearch founder says he confronted Theresa Balboa | khou.com

Texas EquuSearch helped search for Samuel despite founder Tim Miller’s gut feelings.

He said that became even clearer following conversations with the boy’s father’s girlfriend, Theresa Balboa, who was charged in connection with the case following Tuesday night’s discovery of what’s believed to be little Samuel’s body.

“I told her, I said, 'I’m so damn disappointed in you,'” Miller said. "I said, 'You know, every word you’re saying is a lie.' And that’s when things started unravelling, I think.”

Miller said it was difficult from the beginning pinning down the last time family members saw Samuel.

That includes his father and his family.
I LOVE Tim. What a perfect person to confront this liar. He is not going to put up with BS when it comes to a missing child.

I agree. He was safely away from the situation, plus she was in a hotel room far from home without a car with the body. Perfect place for LE to find her and arrest her.
jmo
Exactly. He was probably completely blindsided. How scared was he when he suddenly realised he was in possession of a dead child? She could have tried to pin it on him if he hadn't escaped the hellish room when he did.

Thanks for this missing piece, katydid. Makes sense to me.

I wonder if the officer actually made an appearance, or if it was also a lie, based on what Tim Miller said. A plausible lie...
Yes, I am really curious to see if that actually happened or not.

I know it was legally possible because bio-mom just recently was awarded custody. She just needed help from LE to find her child. It is so heartbreaking that it never happened...:(

Speculation: Since mom was really close to having him back..........Maybe TB felt like her hold on dad wouldn't be as strong if she wasn't taking care of him. She wouldn't be able to use SO to manipulate dad with care giving etc. Perhaps she lashed out in anger at the one that was closest. MOO

I think it may have happened that way because of one weird thing. I was reading what Samuel's bio-mom was posting, about the situation. And from day one, it was said that the courts were demanding his imminent return.

...they used to have joint custody---but he didn't return him after a visit in 2020---and she had spent over a year in court battle trying to have him returned.

JMO IMO MOO
This is pondering about the report in some articles that an officer showed up in the evening. (This is not about the morning fake-cop story.)

Where would this officer show up for the evening visit? LE and bio-mom wouldn't know gf's mom's address. Did LE go to the grandmother's house?

Perhaps dad got notice of the June 1 date at his mom's address (mail?) and talked to gf about it. Then gf told the fake-cop story.

And if the turn-over date was June 1, why would an officer show up before that time? And, again, where did he show up?

If dad and gf were in the same location, the dad would notice Samuel wasn't there.

The logistics of that evening are still a muddle to me. Who was where?

jmo

This is pondering about the report in some articles that an officer showed up in the evening. (This is not about the morning fake-cop story.)

Where would this officer show up for the evening visit? LE and bio-mom wouldn't know gf's mom's address. Did LE go to the grandmother's house?

Perhaps dad got notice of the June 1 date at his mom's address (mail?) and talked to gf about it. Then gf told the fake-cop story.

And if the turn-over date was June 1, why would an officer show up before that time? And, again, where did he show up?

If dad and gf were in the same location, the dad would notice Samuel wasn't there.

The logistics of that evening are still a muddle to me. Who was where?

jmo

I went back to the OP to read this info from the article itself (was trying to make sense of it), but when I clicked on the link, that info was no longer in the article.

I went back to the OP to read this info from the article itself (was trying to make sense of it), but when I clicked on the link, that info was no longer in the article.
Thanks for checking. It seems like a misunderstanding on the reporter's part.

I think the cop showed up in the evening after someone called about Samuel missing.

Who made the call to LE remains unknown, afaik.

jmo

Speculation: Since mom was really close to having him back..........Maybe TB felt like her hold on dad wouldn't be as strong if she wasn't taking care of him. She wouldn't be able to use SO to manipulate dad with care giving etc. Perhaps she lashed out in anger at the one that was closest. MOO

As in... he only needed her to babysit? Could also explain why he overlooked some things that other people wouldn't.

eta: That being said, having been a hard-working single parent, I can certainly sympathize with having to make tough choices.

This really sounds like nobody cared enough to move a finger. He hasn't been to school for a whole month and nobody checks on him? If it was caused by Covid, either by him being exposed or actually having it, he would still have to do remote, correct? So, was he turning in homework/school work? If not, why didn't the school do anything?

Why did the mother not say something if she hasn't seen him in a month? <modsnip>

When my boys quarantined for the 2 weeks (3rd & 4th graders), they didn’t have to do remote or any other schoolwork. The remote teachers are different from the classroom teachers so I don’t know if they’d be in the same place in terms of curriculum. And with Samuel only being 5 at the time of his disappearance, I can see how the school might not think it necessary for him to do remote, at least for an initial two week period towards the end of a school year.

This is all hypothetical/IMO of course, since I don’t think it’s what happened, even though I brought the scenario up!

As in... he only needed her to babysit? Could also explain why he overlooked some things that other people wouldn't.

eta: That being said, having been a hard-working single parent, I can certainly sympathize with having to make tough choices.

It may have been a tough choice but perhaps a very seriously wrong one... protective order in place, mom had/wanted custody ... the full and honest story is not completely available to us yet and it already feels like a series of unfortunate choices/mistakes led to this outcome. This was avoidable and preventable :(

imo, jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member