Found Deceased TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting..... from the link: BBM... the catalyst?

Police said the child's dad and the dad's girlfriend were at a southwest Houston home when Samuel was reported missing last Thursday. An officer went there to tell them the child must be returned to his biological mother.
I'm totally confused. I thought TB handed the child off to the alleged cop.

Timeline: What happened to Samuel Olson? | khou.com

April 30: Houston police say this was the last day Samuel attended school; last time anyone outside the family circle saw him

May 27: Samuel was reported missing at 6pm. Dalton Olson, Samuel’s father, and Theresa Balboa, Dalton’s girlfriend were interviewed. Balboa, 29, told them Samuel's mother and a man dressed as a police officer picked him up that morning around 7 a.m.

May 28: Several family members were questioned. It was determined that there were holes in Balboa’s story.

May 31: The search for Samuel continued to intensify including a search around an apartment complex. Miller later confirmed that Balboa lives at the complex with an unnamed male. It was searched along with a towed car.

June 1: Lost contact with Balboa. Jasper police get an anonymous tip that Balboa is at a hotel. They question Theresa Balboa before finding the body of a child in a tote bag in room 106.

June 2: Press conference is held. Balboa has been charged with tampering with evidence. She is behind bars in the Jasper County Jail but will be returned to Harris County soon for further questioning. Medical Examiner has not made positive idea of body found in hotel yet.

Girlfriend of Missing Boy's Dad Arrested After Body Is Found in Motel

Samuel Olson, a Houston 6-year-old who was reported missing last Thursday, was tragically found dead Wednesday in a motel room more than 130 miles away from his home. Now the spotlight is on the boy’s father’s girlfriend, who was arrested after she was allegedly found in the motel room with his body.

Theresa Balboa, 29, was taken into custody in Jasper, Texas, and was expected to be charged with tampering with evidence. She had been under suspicion since giving a bizarre TV interview on Monday, claiming that Sam had been taken by his mother and a police officer.

Balboa stood side-by-side with Sam’s father, Dalton Olson, as he made an emotional appeal for his son’s safe return.

As the investigation continued, Balboa’s story began to fall apart.

On Tuesday, Balboa reportedly vanished. A tipster spotted her at the Best Western and called police. Samuel’s body was found stuffed inside a tote bag, according to authorities.

Sorry if I missed it, but has it been said who actually reported Sam missing?

Body Is Found at Texas Motel in Search for Missing 6-Year-Old Boy — and Dad's Girlfriend Is Arrested

During the media briefing LE didn’t specify exactly who reported Samuel missing.

The following was stated:
Houston police received a call at approximately 6 p.m. that then 5-year-old Samuel was missing from southwest Houston. Officers responded to the house in the 8800 block of McAvoy Drive and interviewed Dalton Olson, Samuel’s father, and Theresa Balboa, Dalton’s girlfriend.
Dalton Olson stated once he heard the story from his girlfriend he contacted Samuel’s mother who told him that she did not have the child.

Body Is Found at Texas Motel in Search for Missing 6-Year-Old Boy — and Dad's Girlfriend Is Arrested

During the media briefing LE didn’t specify exactly who reported Samuel missing.

The following was stated:
Houston police received a call at approximately 6 p.m. that then 5-year-old Samuel was missing from southwest Houston. Officers responded to the house in the 8800 block of McAvoy Drive and interviewed Dalton Olson, Samuel’s father, and Theresa Balboa, Dalton’s girlfriend.
Dalton Olson stated once he heard the story from his girlfriend he contacted Samuel’s mother who told him that she did not have the child.
Thank you!

[/QUOTE]
I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is TO was relaying info that was being given to her by TB and/or Samuel’s father. It is possible she had no reason to suspect the wool was being pulled over her eyes until TB went missing. Just an opinion. Hopefully the press conference clears up some details.
Tiff23fr, that’s how I understood it also, I believed she was going by what DO/TB had said. I wasn’t sure just reading clips from TO, but when I saw her video I believed she was lied to like everyone. Moo

I'm just wondering here. Why didn't CPS remove Samuel from or forbid him to be with the GF after the father had a PO taken out against her? This is so bad, in so many ways.
As with Cash Gernon in Dallas, whose abductor had tried to take a 2yr old from her grandfather by violent force 2 doors down, and somehow charges weren’t filed. WTH? How are such dangerous situations being allowed to continue for these poor kids?

Last edited:
I can’t tell if this is revealing a new fact or just sloppy reporting. But media should definitely ask who called police out to that McAvoy residence.

The LE media briefing made it seem like DO called the police, but they did not come out and say who called them. They did say that they were dispatched to SW residence where DO told them he had already called Samuel’s mom after hearing TB’s story and that Samuel’s mom said he wasn’t with her. So it seems likely that phone conversation prompted one of the parents to call police. I wonder which one.
Reporting on this case seems especially sloppy. I understand facts are coming out fast and furious but it’s the responsibility of the press to get the facts right.

Father's girlfriend has only been charged with tampering.
Body found during search for missing 6-year-old Samuel Olson
"Theresa Balboa, the girlfriend of Samuel Olson's father, has been charged with tampering with evidence after a body believed to be the missing 5-year-old boy was found in a motel room in Jasper, Texas."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chipicau