TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the prevailing attitude here is that she was heroic for being rude towards him because he was an evil, controlling, abusive monster that is responsible for her death and is happy about it.

But you don't know all of us and you don't know what we do or don't know. How could you?

There should be no battling egos if you're not a criminal. The police man should be there to protect you.
I have never met a bad cop in my life. This story makes me sad...

BBM- I am glad your experiences with police have been positive and they have all been good cops. You are fortunate and I say that with all sincerity.

It seems to me that the prevailing attitude here is that she was heroic for being rude towards him because he was an evil, controlling, abusive monster that is responsible for her death and is happy about it.

I don't think she was heroic but on the other hand I don't see her as so out of line that she deserved being cuffed and arrested. I in all honesty thought she was perfectly polite until the car wrangling incident. IMO
ETA , She answered all questions and give her DL. What more could be expected during a traffic stop?

But you don't know all of us and you don't know what we do or don't know. How could you?

Of course I don't. But I have read many many posts describing various points of view and describing what people claim to know or don't know.

Of course I don't. But I have read many many posts describing various points of view and describing what people claim to know or don't know.

Okay. Please remember that before you make another sweeping generalization about the members here. Thanks.

You said 'I don't think anyone here has any idea how disrespectful, rude and antagonistic, many people are that LE has to deal with.' I think that's too much of a generalization on a forum like this with participants you don't know.

The main reason I said that is because I have heard first hand, very recently, that there is a surge in incidents in which the public wants to fight LE. They argue about every single request, demand that they 'know' their rights, and literally want to fight physically. It is very worrisome to the officers. But the uptick of u-tube videos seems to have inspired many young ones to want to have their own u-tube video of them assaulting a cop. Or of them refusing to leave a restaurant. Or refusing to get out of their car etc. It is a very dangerous trend and it worries me to no end.

Okay. Please remember that before you make another sweeping generalization about the members here. Thanks.

I stand by what I said. I do not believe that people here have any idea how aggressive and antagonistic the public can be towards cops. I believe that.

I stand by what I said. I do not believe that people here have any idea how aggressive and antagonistic the public can be towards cops. I believe that.

Even people here who have worked in law enforcement, or with law enforcement, or have loved ones who did and do? You're free to draw your own conclusions, of course, but it's dismissive of others' experiences.

Even people here who have worked in law enforcement, or with law enforcement, or have loved ones who did and do? You're free to draw your own conclusions, of course, but it's dismissive of others' experiences.

I highly doubt that any of the people here who expressed a belief that there was a conspiracy to kill her and fake her hanging are cops or have cops as relatives. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I highly doubt that any of the people here who expressed a belief that there was a conspiracy to kill her and fake her hanging are cops or have cops as relatives. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now you're saying something different though.

You doubt it, but you don't know it.

I question her arrest and the details of her death. And as I posted earlier I had family in LE. My uncle that was LE was kind and gentle and I could never imagine him putting on a display like BE. IMO

Why do you believe we don't know that? We experience rude people in stores , on the road, everywhere.

No surprises when it involves facing fines, rise in insurance, being late for work, spouse or parents will be angry. If police cannot figure out people are upset, then it is time for a new career.

Now you're saying something different though.

You doubt it, but you don't know it.

My point is the same. I do not think that people, IN GENERAL, have any idea what cops go through on any given day. JMO :cow:

Why do you believe we don't know that? We experience rude people in stores , on the road, everywhere.

No surprises when it involves facing fines, rise in insurance, being late for work, spouse or parents will be angry. If police cannit figure out people are upset, then it is time for a new career.

But that's not what I am talking about. I am talking about a new trend, stemming from the recent protests, IMO, in which some people WANT TO FIGHT cops. I am not just talking about people being mad or upset. I am talking about cops going to answer calls and being met with people who want to physically fight them, in situations that usually would not warrant that.

For example, I heard a recent story about cops getting a call about a teen that had been asked to leave a restaurant because he was going up to patrons asking them for money and bothering them. The cop arrived and asked him to leave. He said NO, make me. When the cop tried to detain him the kid began trying to head butt him and bite him, while the kids friend filmed it.

The cops biggest fear was that he was going to become the next Darron Wilson.

My point is the same. I do not think that people, IN GENERAL, have any idea what cops go through on any given day. JMO :cow:

Of course we do. They deal with drunks,domestic violence,children being abused,theft and so on. They see people when they are at their worst.
But what does that have to do with this case?
We can't excuse BE because he was stressed. IMO

No surprises when it involves facing fines, rise in insurance, being late for work, spouse or parents will be angry. If police cannot figure out people are upset, then it is time for a new career.

It seems so simple, doesn't it? I understand part of it is they really don't know how to deal with specific situations and they need more training, but at other times it looks like it's their own inability to deal with the situation. You don't need training to know not to shoot someone who is defenseless or not an immediate threat to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag