Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do you not have isofix car seats in the US for newborns? So the car seats I’m used to for new borns have an isofix base attached to the seat via clips and then the car seat clips onto that really easily. So even when the car seat is removed, there is no seat to sit on as the isofix base is there.
ETA it’s LATCH in the US

A majority of new parents purchase the car seat and install it before the baby is delivered. Those things are a pain to set up, so most people install them before they deliver. San Antonio hospitals have car seat policies. The nurse came out with us and made sure our baby was secure for the ride home. (At least they did when I had my kids delivered in the 80's and 90's) In the late 90's, we also made the moms bring the seat in too.

I think they recommend installing beforehand in childbirth classes.
The car seats I have dealt with in the past with the grand kids were a major pain to set up because they use a clip like clasp that hooked to a metal rod or hook down in the rear seat near where the seat belts bolt to the body of the car under the seat cushion. Trying to get those things hooked up down in there and even worst trying to get them unhooked was not an easy task. I can guarantee you one thing. If SS and MG had their child seat clipped into the rear seat using these clips, it wasn't a simple job for the killer, if that is who placed the seat on SS, to take the child seat out of the back seat and put the seat on top of SS in the front seat.

JMO

The car seats I have dealt with in the past with the grand kids were a major pain to set up because they use a clip like clasp that hooked to a metal rod or hook down in the rear seat near where the seat belts bolt to the body of the car under the seat cushion. Trying to get those things hooked up down in there and even worst trying to get them unhooked was not an easy task. I can guarantee you one thing. If SS and MG had their child seat clipped into the rear seat using these clips, it wasn't a simple job for the killer, if that is who placed the seat on SS, to take the child seat out of the back seat and put the seat on top of SS in the front seat.

JMO
Agreed. Unless you have a kid unhooking a car seat is pretty baffling and not an easy job at all.

JMO
Yeah. I'm grandparent. I won't even go there with those new seats..LOL

Hubby however knows how. He picks up the grandkids and takes them on outings, so he's figured it out.
But hey, he's a grandpa, not a first time parent anymore.

(I think with MG's DV and drug issues, Savanah probably at the very least supervised the process)

Yeah. I'm grandparent. I won't even go there with those new seats..LOL

Hubby however knows how. He picks up the grandkids and takes them on outings, so he's figured it out.
But hey, he's a grandpa, not a first time parent anymore.

(I think with MG's DV and drug issues, Savanah probably at the very least supervised the process)
That’s fair- she supervised and it wasn’t an easy or quick task- but it was fitted prior to this all happening. This all has to be reversed whilst they are sat in the vehicle, if someone else joined them in the back seat- that’s clunky to say the least and also got MG to then move into the back seat from the drivers seat. None of this can be a smooth manoeuvre, without chance for at least one person to break free and with the knowledge two people were there from the get go. One in the front holding at gun point and one removing the car seat to get in the back (I can’t fathom anyway someone in the driver side could shoot a passenger in the right side of the head). An alternative is they met up with someone to purchase the car seat- and only family would know if they had or had not already purchased and fitted a car seat.

Agreed. Unless you have a kid unhooking a car seat is pretty baffling and not an easy job at all.
I'm going to correct you. For the last 10 to 15 years, car seats have been easy to install and remove. They have hooks on either side that latch on to anchors embedded in the car.

You don't have to use the seat belt. It's almost like unlocking two carabiners and then you remove the seat.

It is not difficult and does not take very much time unless you have arthritis or difficulty using your hands.

I'm going to correct you. For the last 10 to 15 years, car seats have been easy to install and remove. They have hooks on either side that latch on to anchors embedded in the car.

You don't have to use the seat belt. It's almost like unlocking two carabiners and then you remove the seat.

It is not difficult and does not take very much time.
I agree, it’s easy to remove and replace in my experience- but the locking clips remain on the car seat, still hindering, and possibly blocking, movement on the back seat

I think with a dv situation, he would have degraded her and yelled at her and probably shown her how to do it right, I don't think there is any info on the car seat to explain it was either there to cover her up after the fact or thrown on top of her when they threw him in the back seat. But if she was in a dv situation with MG I doubt he would let her supervise more likely he would show her how it is done

It is not difficult and does not take very much time unless you have arthritis or difficulty using your hands.
I was thinking about the latch seats, but I think UK and US seats might be a bit different. In the UK we have stiff metal 'arms' at the back of the seat, with a clip that 'grabs' the anchors in the seat. It's really hard to get them correctly lined up and angled and you have to press a button on each of the arms at the same time to release them for removal. People who have never installed a car seat tend to be baffled by how they come out. I think in the US the clips attached in a more flexible way, which sounds much easier.

I think with a dv situation, he would have degraded her and yelled at her and probably shown her how to do it right, I don't think there is any info on the car seat to explain it was either there to cover her up after the fact or thrown on top of her when they threw him in the back seat. But if she was in a dv situation with MG I doubt he would let her supervise more likely he would show her how it is done
Forget the him/her situation and how they would fit it and imagine yourself as the perpetrator - it doesn’t make sense, unless the car seat wasn’t fitted in the first place- which would explain why SS had it in her lap if she was looking at it

That’s fair- she supervised and it wasn’t an easy or quick task- but it was fitted prior to this all happening. This all has to be reversed whilst they are sat in the vehicle, if someone else joined them in the back seat- that’s clunky to say the least and also got MG to then move into the back seat from the drivers seat. None of this can be a smooth manoeuvre, without chance for at least one person to break free and with the knowledge two people were there from the get go. One in the front holding at gun point and one removing the car seat to get in the back (I can’t fathom anyway someone in the driver side could shoot a passenger in the right side of the head). An alternative is they met up with someone to purchase the car seat- and only family would know if they had or had not already purchased and fitted a car seat.
Nobody has stated where the base of the car seat was found or if it was. The carrier part of the car seat takes maybe 2 seconds to remove. There’s a lever under the canopy you pull it up and lift it away from the base. The base stays in the car at all times and locks to the carrier when it’s placed in it.

In my experience it was not that easy. Maybe that has to do with the make and model of vehicle I drive, who knows.
But it still wasn't a one handed maneuver that I could have done while holding a gun on someone with the other hand and it would have caused the perp to take eyes off the victim(s).

OR the perp(s) made MG remove the seat while holding him at gunpoint. That would make more sense to me. Although if it took any time at all, like it did for me to remove the seat from my car, it might draw some attention to a guy holing a gun on MG while he wiggled around in the back seat trying to unhook the car seat with his butt sticking out the door and his pants likely falling down.

Seat out, shot him behind the ear, falls in the back seat of the car, pants down. Hows that for a theory.

JMO

Interesting point about the driver seat of the Kia being possibly adjusted

MG to my observation looks much taller than many of his peers and family members and way taller than SS.

If the 'getaway driver' of the Kia was either short height or a smaller woman, then IMO they would have had to adjust the seat in order to drive - maybe that's what they jumped out leaned over and cleaned? the seat adjuster? If they or someone else had touched it bare hands. They surely weren't cleaning much. Did they use some spray on that towel I wonder? How can quickly wiping something clean it anyway.

Many car seats have a detachable carrier - I suspect that's what was on top of Savanah. I agree that the car seat was already installed.

Leastways, no matter what we think, many people will be able to verify to LE about the car seat - whether there was one already purchased / installed. People were excited for this baby both sides of the family and seems these youngsters spend every minute of their lives on their phones and chatting, SS would have told all her news including having the car seat sorted.

Interesting point about the driver seat of the Kia being possibly adjusted

MG to my observation looks much taller than many of his peers and family members and way taller than SS.

If the 'getaway driver' of the Kia was either short height or a smaller woman, then IMO they would have had to adjust the seat in order to drive - maybe that's what they jumped out leaned over and cleaned? the seat adjuster? If they or someone else had touched it bare hands. They surely weren't cleaning much. Did they use some spray on that towel I wonder? How can quickly wiping something clean it anyway.
If it were me, I would have had the rear view mirror swabbed as well. It's habit for some people to adjust the rear view mirror and side mirrors and not something criminals think of cleaning.

Possibly, but wouldn’t they be afraid of being heard/seen or caught on video? SS left home or was heard at 2pm, I don’t know if her mom said this? Someone else mentioned this, SS may left to go to the car and was met by others etc. MG came out due to her delay. I don’t think SS would have left her phone behind and candle burning purposely. Or as stated by others MG went out, SS went to find out what was taking so long, could be the why phone was left and candle burning, she thought she would be right back. I think the candle was a memorial candle, they burn for many hours (again, someone else pointed this out). I honestly think the candle is a clue and means something, not a red herring. I may be totally wrong, but it doesn’t add up, all of this is moo.

*IF* the ring doorbell footage of the apartment that was published in the Sun UK is in fact the home of SS and MG, then LE already know exactly who came and went in and out of that house at exactly what time.

<modsnip: no source>

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the him/her situation and how they would fit it and imagine yourself as the perpetrator - it doesn’t make sense, unless the car seat wasn’t fitted in the first place- which would explain why SS had it in her lap if she was looking at it
I think a perp would need to rip it out to drag a body into the back seat and if she was already dead, just toss it on top of her a random car seat would apparantly be spotted faster than two dead bodies in a sedan, just my opinion.

In my experience it was not that easy. Maybe that has to do with the make and model of vehicle I drive, who knows.
But it still wasn't a one handed maneuver that I could have done while holding a gun on someone with the other hand and it would have caused the perp to take eyes off the victim(s).

OR the perp(s) made MG remove the seat while holding him at gunpoint. That would make more sense to me. Although if it took any time at all, like it did for me to remove the seat from my car, it might draw some attention to a guy holing a gun on MG while he wiggled around in the back seat trying to unhook the car seat with his butt sticking out the door and his pants likely falling down.

Seat out, shot him behind the ear, falls in the back seat of the car, pants down. Hows that for a theory.

JMO
That’s a solid theory- just one question, so SS just sat there through this and didn’t try to run for it? - or even look down to hide which would have made targeting behind her right ear less than easy. As there is only one gun men in your scenario and he is now holding it whilst MG takes the car seat out and is no longer in the vehicle.

That’s a solid theory- just one question, so SS just sat there through this and didn’t try to run for it? As there is only one gun men in your scenario and he is now holding it whilst MG takes the car seat out and is no longer in the veh
I feel two perps, one driving SS in front passenter, MG tossed in back with other perp, car seat in between them, back seat get out, walk away , MG is shot driver still in car with SS, drag MG back thus pulling his pants down in the drag then trying to pull him into the back seat, driver gets out SS is screaming driver tosses car seat up front so he can lean over and pull the body in the car, SS still screaming shooter reaches in from back door and shoots SS my scenario right now.... just my thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back