Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Savanah's funeral postponed.
Gloria Cordova, Savanah's mother, confirmed that the funeral has been postponed due to a family emergency.

The funeral date has not yet been released and will be postponed until further notice.

Gloria Cordova, Savanah's mother, confirmed that the funeral has been postponed due to a family emergency.

The funeral date has not yet been released and will be postponed until further notice.
They rescheduled it for Monday and Tuesday,

SAN ANTONIO – The family of Savanah Soto, the 18-year-old pregnant woman killed along with her boyfriend late last month, has rescheduled the date for funeral services.

Soto’s family said memorial services will take place at 7 p.m. Monday at Sunset Funeral Home on Bandera Road. She will be buried Tuesday, with a mass at St. John’s Church beginning at 9 a.m.

They rescheduled it for Monday and Tuesday,
This makes me feel sad for Savanah's Family. It must be something unavoidable because usually funerals aren't postponed. Prayers for that family. They've had so much sorrow.

Looking at the affidavits it seems like police may be just putting enough in it for the arrests. We haven't seen the full timeline yet.

Police would be able to see when Savanah or Matthew's phones switched towers, indicating the time they left their home.

They simply say Savanah had searched for the street RECENTLY. They absolutely would be able to see the time of the search.

We are also now learning that a drug deal happened earlier in the evening. So there was actually more than 4 minutes of contact between the victims and the suspect(s).

The affidavits words are tricky, just enough to get a warrant for an arrest.

They say it PINGED at 2350 and then it didn't start MOVING again until 2354. Just like a cell phone pinging a tower while you are at home, doesn't mean you are necessarily moving, it is just communicating with the tower by you. Not sure what a car pings off of though.

I think if they had just gotten there at 2350 they would have said the vehicle arrived at 2350 and then moved again at 2354.

4 minutes for them to arrive, start the deal, kill both individuals, move MG's body to the backseat, and then notify parents to get a ride home is highly unlikely. A good defense attorney is going to rip that to shreds.

Whatever happened happened before 2350. 2350 is just when the suspects started probably turned the car back on.

my thoughts are that maybe the gun is registered or whatever TX law requires to her relative and thats why she admitted it was hers, so as not to drag that relative into it.
That is also a very plausible explanation.

The registration history of the weapon can be easily checked. Given the high profile nature of this case, my guess is that the police will get a full history of the murder weapon (registered sale wise).

3 possibilities:

1)yours above (Killed a bit b4 the ping)

2) Christopher killed them immediately when they arrived/right around time of ping. then Matthew was drug into the back seat from the front or into the backseat from the ground nearby. (We don’t know if he ever exited the vehicle)
Christopher frantically begins to drive the Kia to the apartments and calls dad on the way saying I killed Matthew and Savannah. It was a struggle and savanah is 9 months pregnant. What if the baby comes out?! Shot them both in the back of the head. They are dead. I’m serious. I need your help. Please meet me at these apartments now! Ramon and myrta jump up and get in truck. They arrive and Ramon looks to see what his son has done. They then decide where to ”hide” the car and follow each other to that spot. Christopher gets in truck and the three return home.

It’s POSSIBLE it happened that quickly. Maybe Christopher shows his true colors at home. Maybe they didn’t doubt him or ask questions when he called. Maybe they knew of things he was involved in. & maybe they knew he had some screws loose or that he had beef with Matthew. Maybe he tortured animals as a kid. Whatever the case. They didn’t doubt him.

3) the most UNLIKELY— they were all in on it from the start. Myrta and Ramon knew Christopher had a “job” to do - kill Matthew Guerra. Savannah was likely a surprise. They didn’t expect her to show up whth him, but couldn’t risk a witness. Ramon and Myrta’s job would have been to meet him to dump the car. IF the 3 of them being in on it from the start was the case, then there’s a LOT more to the story. it would have been about stealing money or debt owed or territory or vengeance or drugs stolen/owed or snitching/silencing a snitch etc…..
I do NOT think this is the case because there would have been no need to meet up with the towel then meet up AGAIN. It would have been planned out better. Everyone would have known their roles, where to go, & what to do. & these 3 obviously didn’t have a good plan. If i remember correctly Christopher flashed his lights as if telling Ramon “I’m in this car”. If they would have all been in on it. Ramon and myrta would have known what vehicle Matthew was driving.

So I’m going with scenario #2 — Christopher, alone, quickly murdered them both as soon as they arrived. BUT i think Christopher had an issue with Matthew beforehand. Someone owed someone something or someone was stealing from someone or someone was snitching on someone etc. I don’t know what the issue was, but I’m sure we’ll find out eventually. I think Christopher PLANNED to kill Matthew with with Myrta’s gun before that night due to this unknown issue. Savannah was a surprise, so he made a quick decision to eliminate her as a witness. He likely had originally planned to deal with Matthews’s body alone but freaked once faced with 3 bodies. He may have even been wondering if the baby was going to come out postmortem. I imagine panic surrounding Fabian and Savannah is what lead him to call his parents while driving. Savanah and Fabian weren’t part of the plan, and he wasn’t prepared to deal with the sight of a young full term mother dead in the front seat right next to him, nor the hiding of her body and potentially the baby’s. He HAD to have been wondering if that baby was going to come out. An average 19 year old boy wouldn’t know. His parents knew he wasn’t just making this up and jumped to their feet to meet him. I believe it all happened very quickly considering the proximity of the locations.

This is just my opinion based on what we know so far.

Also, fireworks are a huge deal in the south. Everyone starts popping a few here and there at home around Christmas. And it’s possible he had some sort of silencer.

Again, all just my opinion.
Those scenario's I listed were for what the camera at the Charlie Chan residence may have captured regarding the comings and goings of individuals at the house. Not how the murders took place.

But while were at it, how would someone drag a dead body from the front seat to the back seat and get blood on the outside of the vehicle, without the victim being outside of the vehicle themselves???

Knowing MG has a contact gunshot wound behind the right ear, I don't see it being possible for MG to have been shot outside the vehicle while CP was still inside the vehicle. So I don't see that as a possibility either.

JMO

I'm two days late, but I've also transcribed the second presser. My apologies for the delay.

Good afternoon, thank you for being here. I’m going to provide you with an update on the Savanah Soto and Matthew Guerra case. First and foremost, once again, SAPD wants to send our condolences to the families of Savanah and Matthew. Today, as you saw, we just made another arrest. This is the third arrest in this case.

Just to recap, back on December 23rd, Leon Valley PD reported that Savanah and Matthew Guerra – they were reported missing to their jurisdiction. On December 26, SAPD officers received a phone call for a disturbance. When those officers made that location, they discovered the bodies of Savanah Soto and Matthew Guerra. They were found deceased in their vehicle – the Kia Optima that had also been reported missing. Since then, our homicide unit has done an outstanding job in following this case. They followed every lead. They were able to get surveillance video which led them to these arrests that were made.

On January 3rd, we made two arrests. 19-year-old Christopher Preciado and 53-year-old Ramon Preciado. There was a lot of information on social media that there was a third individual involved. Our homicide detectives were aware of that; however, we were looking for enough probable cause to make that arrest and to present the best case forward to the DA’s office. Today, that happened. They were able to develop enough evidence to charge 47-year-old Myrta Romanos. That’s M-Y-R-T-A R-O-M-A-N-O-S. She is believed to be - I’m not sure exactly what the relationship is but maybe a stepmother to Christoper, 19-year-old Christopher. She is being charged with three felonies. The first one being alter, destroy, conceal a human corpse, which is a second-degree felony. She’s also being charged with abuse of corpse, which is a state jail felony. And a third charge, tampering with evidence. Through our forensic unit, we were able to develop information from surveillance video that shows Ms. Romanos involved the night of the murder. That video surveillance shows her at the home right after the murders, and she was seen on video surveillance leaving in that black truck that we all saw on the surveillance video and then returning to her home with Christopher and Ramon in that truck.

At this time, I’ll take any questions that you might have.

Q: It was her weapon, right?
A: Excuse me?
Q: They matched her weapon to the ballistics?
A: Right. That tampering with evidence, from what we understand, she stated that was her gun. So, we do know that that was her weapon.

Q: And do they believe they were killed in that home and what was the mother’s -- the stepmom’s role in the murders?
A: I’m not sure where – we haven’t released any of that information. I’m not sure what the circumstances were, but we do know she was involved in helping get rid of the evidence concerning those bodies.

Q: [Unintelligible] under the impression there were two suspects or [unintelligible] two suspects that were arrested?
A: No, our homicide detectives were aware early on in the investigation that there was a third person involved. We know that from the video surveillance when there is that towel that everyone has talked about being thrown. At that time, we just didn’t have enough evidence to say that that was Ms. Romanos. But like I said, since then they’ve developed enough evidence from surveillance video from the home showing her leaving with the two as she gets in that truck and then returning to the home. It’s her, Christopher, and Ramon in that truck.

Q: Had she called you guys in the past week to come to the home? Because I know there’s been some vandalism there.
A: I’m not aware of anything.

Q: Right now, are you under the impression that there are any more suspects?
A: At this time, we’re confident that there’s no more suspects. At this time, we’re confident that these were the three individuals that were involved in this case.

Q: Do you believe this is connected somehow to a larger ring, crime ring or something like that?
A: No, we don’t have any information to lead us to believe that. We do know there was, I guess, a transaction earlier in that night. What happened and transpired is that Matthew Guerra and Savanah were killed.

Q: So, you guys still don’t know where they were killed? At the home or somewhere else?
A: We believe it was in that area. Right near their home.

Q: How cooperative was she?
A: How cooperative was she? You know, I know there was a search warrant that was issued a few days ago. There was a search warrant, so they had the authority to go into that home. Today I don’t believe she said much.

Q: What happened to the towel?
A: Uh, I don’t have that information.

Any other questions?

Q: Did she confess to anything?
A: Uh, she wasn’t cooperative today.

Thank you, guys.

Q: So, she’s the stepmother?
A: We believe she’s the stepmom.

Q: Is she still married to Ramon or?
A: I don’t know if it’s a common law. They’re living together. I don’t believe they’re legally married, but I’m not for sure.
Q: [Unintelligible]
A: She did – them three did live in the house together.

Thank you.

Those scenario's I listed were for what the camera at the Charlie Chan residence may have captured regarding the comings and goings of individuals at the house. Not how the murders took place.

But while were at it, how would someone drag a dead body from the front seat to the back seat and get blood on the outside of the vehicle, without the victim being outside of the vehicle themselves???

Knowing MG has a contact gunshot wound behind the right ear, I don't see it being possible for MG to have been shot outside the vehicle while CP was still inside the vehicle. So I don't see that as a possibility either.

JMO

Dragged out of the driver door into the road and pulled into the rear seat is how I've always imagined it. Thereby getting blood on the drivers side rear outside of the vehicle, lower down, which is seemingly where CP leaned down to the side briefly to wipe (although hardly much of a clean up!). Also, if CP had to drag MG alone, which would have been a struggle for him, it would have left MG in a terrible mess.

One thought or question I have been pondering lately is how long or how soon after CP shot and killed SS and MG did he alert his parents? Did he feed them the same fraudulent lie of self-defense that he told LE?

Did either of his parents consider or argue about calling 911 in case there was a chance, however small, of saving SS’ and MG’s lives or in the small chance they were not actually deceased at the time despite GSWs to the head (not all GSWs to the head are necessarily fatal or cause instantaneous death)?

Upon realizing SS was pregnant and there being being a chance of saving baby Fabian despite his mother’s injuries or the possibility of her being deceased already? I have come across are a few stories, attached below, about posthumous births that resulted from the life-saving measures carried out by witnesses, first responder, ER doctors, trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons and obstetricians. Is it possible that baby Fabian, and MG and SS for that matter, could have had a chance, no matter how small, if 911 was called?

I think of this in light if CP did tell his parents it was self-defense wouldn’t there have been more of a motive to alert LE and emergency responders, especially in light of a heavily pregnant woman being involved?

Just my own thoughts though and could be off course/off track

One thought or question I have been pondering lately is how long or how soon after CP shot and killed SS and MG did he alert his parents? Did he feed them the same fraudulent lie of self-defense that he told LE?

Did either of his parents consider or argue about calling 911 in case there was a chance, however small, of saving SS’ and MG’s lives or in the small chance they were not actually deceased at the time despite GSWs to the head (not all GSWs to the head are necessarily fatal or cause instantaneous death)?

Upon realizing SS was pregnant and there being being a chance of saving baby Fabian despite his mother’s injuries or the possibility of her being deceased already? I have come across are a few stories, attached below, about posthumous births that resulted from the life-saving measures carried out by witnesses, first responder, ER doctors, trauma surgeons, neurosurgeons and obstetricians. Is it possible that baby Fabian, and MG and SS for that matter, could have had a chance, no matter how small, if 911 was called?

I think of this in light if CP did tell his parents it was self-defense wouldn’t there have been more of a motive to alert LE and emergency responders, especially in light of a heavily pregnant woman being involved?

Thank you for the links, I'm not going to click on them as I'd find it too upsetting. I also did some research - most of reddit seems to think a baby can only survive if removed within less than 10 mins.

My biggest issue with this case is that it appears to be Ma and Pa came to the crime scene armed with a towel to help dab some blood and give CP a ride home. In doing so they abandoned two adults and a viable baby who could have been injured, passed out, but not dead and therefore saved.

IMO the parents were ignorant of facts and they rushed to meet CP at the rear of the apartments hurriedly, hence RP was probably in his underwear (night wear) but they must have been told there were people shot.

I imagine the story went like 'dad, please come and get me, I'm round the back of the apartments, something bad's gone down, we were just sitting listening to music and then all of a sudden MG went crazy, pulled a gun on us, shot his gf dead, and was going to kill me too so I wrangled the gun off him but now I've shot him'. RP: 'WTF just stay there, don't move, I'm coming'. RP arrives at car, small hurried chat, wipe blood drips off... 'just park the car up over there, don't touch anything, let's get out of here'.

They go home and decide that since MG is bad news no good dealer who killed his gf and wanted to kill their son, such people are getting shot at all the time then LE won't do anything and good riddance to MG.

Two days later they see news MG & SS missing. Stay quiet, lay low.

Next thing... they see themselves on video - the shock and fear must have been immense.

Next... the real true story of what happened is published, they still believe CP's account by the time of the first arrests so RP openly and proudly accuses journalists of 'fake news'. RP co-operates somewhat with police, certainly waived his miranda rights and spoke to detectives without a lawyer, and almost looks like he could make bail. Then it all takes a downturn for him.

JMO MOO

Thank you for the links, I'm not going to click on them as I'd find it too upsetting. I also did some research - most of reddit seems to think a baby can only survive if removed within less than 10 mins.

My biggest issue with this case is that it appears to be Ma and Pa came to the crime scene armed with a towel to help dab some blood and give CP a ride home. In doing so they abandoned two adults and a viable baby who could have been injured, passed out, but not dead and therefore saved.

IMO the parents were ignorant of facts and they rushed to meet CP at the rear of the apartments hurriedly, hence RP was probably in his underwear (night wear) but they must have been told there were people shot.

I imagine the story went like 'dad, please come and get me, I'm round the back of the apartments, something bad's gone down, we were just sitting listening to music and then all of a sudden MG went crazy, pulled a gun on us, shot his gf dead, and was going to kill me too so I wrangled the gun off him but now I've shot him'. RP: 'WTF just stay there, don't move, I'm coming'. RP arrives at car, small hurried chat, wipe blood drips off... 'just park the car up over there, don't touch anything, let's get out of here'.

They go home and decide that since MG is bad news no good dealer who killed his gf and wanted to kill their son, such people are getting shot at all the time then LE won't do anything and good riddance to MG.

Two days later they see news MG & SS missing. Stay quiet, lay low.

Next thing... they see themselves on video - the shock and fear must have been immense.

Next... the real true story of what happened is published, they still believe CP's account by the time of the first arrests so RP openly and proudly accuses journalists of 'fake news'. RP co-operates somewhat with police, certainly waived his miranda rights and spoke to detectives without a lawyer, and almost looks like he could make bail. Then it all takes a downturn for him.

JMO MOO
Depraved indifference....

JMO

i think it was pure CYA mode for them.

o/t april zoglauer (second link) was my grand baby's daycare teacher :( their mother (my sd) attended the funeral :(

Dragged out of the driver door into the road and pulled into the rear seat is how I've always imagined it. Thereby getting blood on the drivers side rear outside of the vehicle, lower down, which is seemingly where CP leaned down to the side briefly to wipe (although hardly much of a clean up!). Also, if CP had to drag MG alone, which would have been a struggle for him, it would have left MG in a terrible mess.

Yes this is how i imagined it as well. Blood/wounds are is messy. (Just a cut finger gets everywhere.)

He could have been pulled from the the front seat or pulled from another location. I agree, either way, you’ve got blood on the car.

Last edited:

Exactly! 911 could have guided them on saving that baby :(

i think it was pure CYA mode for them.

o/t april zoglauer (second link) was my grand baby's daycare teacher :( their mother (my sd) attended the funeral :(

Also, if MR and RP are half decent people (debatable) and were manipulated and lied to by their son, they would have been just so relieved that he too wasn't dead.

They maybe believed they were rescuing him from a terrifying situation where he was absolutely innocent, set about by gangsters.

Loyalty, shock, denial, and familial blood ties will all mess with the head like that.

If the shootings took place at Charlie Chan, I would think someone would have heard the gunshots and looked outside to see CP putting MG into the back seat.

There is the neighbor across the street that has been keeping close tabs on the house since the arrests. He even took video when LE first arrived. Seems strange he would notice a squad car pulling up to the house and video that, but not notice two gunshots and look outside to see what was going on. Maybe he was watching, knowing LE was coming?

JMO
Yeah, I don't think the killings happened at the house. I really think there would have been enough noise that we'd have heard from neighbors by now.

@Observe_dont_Absorb I was replying to a member that had quoted me.

@justwannahelp speculated that "Christopher killed them immediately when they arrived/right around time of ping. then Matthew was drug into the back seat from the front or into the backseat from the ground nearby. (We don’t know if he ever exited the vehicle)"

I was asking how the blood could have gotten on the outside of the car if MG was drug into the back seat from the front seat. Yes, I think it's obvious with the scrap marks to MG's back and the blood on the outside of vehicle, MG was either removed from the front seat, if shot there, drug across the ground and into the back seat in order for the blood to have been deposited on the outside of the vehicle OR MG was shot outside the vehicle and then drug into the back seat. I'm sure there would be blood evidence to show if MG was shot inside the vehicle and in the front seat if present.

Link to that post: Found Deceased - TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

Q: [Unintelligible] under the impression there were two suspects or [unintelligible] two suspects that were arrested?
A: No, our homicide detectives were aware early on in the investigation that there was a third person involved. We know that from the video surveillance when there is that towel that everyone has talked about being thrown. At that time, we just didn’t have enough evidence to say that that was Ms. Romanos. But like I said, since then they’ve developed enough evidence from surveillance video from the home showing her leaving with the two as she gets in that truck and then returning to the home. It’s her, Christopher, and Ramon in that truck.
Snipped and BBM
@cujenn81 thanks so much for transcribing! I missed the detail where MR left with CP and RP. I think CP went home and told RP/MR what "happened," cleaned up, and then RP/MR advised CP what to do from there. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298
Back