DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TRANSCRIPT OF POLICE STATEMENT

26TH DECEMBER

CHIEF
- What I'm about to tell you is preliminary information and could change, quite possibly will change, as detectives get further into the investigation. And what we're looking at right now, I think everybody knows the background on this, so I won't go into it, but what we're looking at right now is a very, very perplexing crime scene and detectives right now are looking at this as a possible murder but we don't know for sure.

So again, because of the complexity, the complex crime scene, we can't say for sure what we have.

REPORTER - How many people were found.. were there 2 people in the car?

CHIEF - There are 2 people in the car.

REPORTER - Are they dead?

CHIEF - They are deceased and we believe that it is the missing woman and her boyfriend but we can't confirm that right now, officially, until the medical examiner takes a look at the bodies and makes that determination as to their identity.

REPORTER - So, the missing woman was pregnant - Any update on the baby?

CHIEF - No, I mean, I can't say for sure, I'm not gonna say anything officially about whether the person in the vehicle was pregnant or is pregnant. I can't say that officially so I'm not going to. We have to wait for the medical examiner to say anything officially, but we do believe that the two individuals were.. are the female who was missing and her boyfriend.

REPORTER - Any weapon inside the car?

CHIEF - We don't know that yet. We have not been able to move the bodies.

REPORTER - Is it a Kia Optima?

CHIEF - Yes, it's the car that was described as the boyfriend's.

REPORTER - Did the family call in about the car.

CHIEF - Yes, the family did. They were alerted that the car was here and they phoned it in.

REPORTER - And that was around 4 o'clock?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly what time it came in.

REPORTER - Do you know how long they may have been here for?

CHIEF - We're thinking, possibly, for 3 or 4 days.

REPORTER - So who exactly found the car?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly who found it, but the parent's were alerted by someone.. or the family was alerted by someone who came across the vehicle.

REPORTER - We know that the Clear Alert obviously went out in Leon Valley, but there have been questions on why FAPD did not issue their own alert. Were you ever alerted to any idea that this could have been in your jurisdiction?

CHIEF - I believe we became aware of it but this originating in Leon Valley, that's why I came out from there, the Clear Alert.

REPORTER - Was there ever any indication that SAPD should have put out a clear alert of their own?

CHIEF - No.

REPORTER - So are you all leading this investigation into the death, is Leon Valley still involved in the investigation?

CHIEF - No. If there's any information that Leon Valley has, our detectives will work with Leon Valley on that, but the case is an SAPD case right now.

REPORTER - What can you say to the Soto family who are here today?

CHIEF - What can I say to them? Exactly what I just told you.

REPORTER - What makes this a complex crime scene?

CHIEF - I don't want to go into details about that, but again, I will repeat that it appears to be a very complex crime scene; very perplexing crime scene.

REPORTER - Was the FBI ever involved in this investigation, or is anybody else going to be involved with the complexity of it?

CHIEF - No, not unless we reach out to them, but no.

REPORTER - Do you know why they were here?

CHIEF - No, I don't.

The chief was unable to confirm if the female victim was pregnant and said that would also be left to the medical examiner to determine

December 26, 2023, 4:29 PM

The chief was unable to confirm if the female victim was pregnant and said that would also be left to the medical examiner to determine

December 26, 2023, 4:29 PM
That's often just for legal purposes. When I was an airline pilot if someone died on board, they were never "dead" until such time as we landed and a doctor pronounced them so.

Same county, same first middle and last name of the boyfriend and the correct age. Numerous arrests, including assault (domestic). Looks like he was last released from jail just a few months ago. I saw this earlier and didn't post as he wasn't a POI, but since he is now deceased as well, and his being another victim has not been ruled out than I believe I can share this. Search Results.

Extremely sad situation...

Not sure if this info has been posted yet - SS had been expecting a baby boy, had his name picked out and nursery ready.

Heartbreaking. MOO

It seems that anyone who came upon the scene and looked at the decedents, could have known more information than was given in the PC. Seems LE is keeping all the information very close to the vest at this point.

TRANSCRIPT OF POLICE STATEMENT

26TH DECEMBER

CHIEF
- What I'm about to tell you is preliminary information and could change, quite possibly will change, as detectives get further into the investigation. And what we're looking at right now, I think everybody knows the background on this, so I won't go into it, but what we're looking at right now is a very, very perplexing crime scene and detectives right now are looking at this as a possible murder but we don't know for sure.

So again, because of the complexity, the complex crime scene, we can't say for sure what we have.

REPORTER - How many people were found.. were there 2 people in the car?

CHIEF - There are 2 people in the car.

REPORTER - Are they dead?

CHIEF - They are deceased and we believe that it is the missing woman and her boyfriend but we can't confirm that right now, officially, until the medical examiner takes a look at the bodies and makes that determination as to their identity.

REPORTER - So, the missing woman was pregnant - Any update on the baby?

CHIEF - No, I mean, I can't say for sure, I'm not gonna say anything officially about whether the person in the vehicle was pregnant or is pregnant. I can't say that officially so I'm not going to. We have to wait for the medical examiner to say anything officially, but we do believe that the two individuals were.. are the female who was missing and her boyfriend.

REPORTER - Any weapon inside the car?

CHIEF - We don't know that yet. We have not been able to move the bodies.

REPORTER - Is it a Kia Optima?

CHIEF - Yes, it's the car that was described as the boyfriend's.

REPORTER - Did the family call in about the car.

CHIEF - Yes, the family did. They were alerted that the car was here and they phoned it in.

REPORTER - And that was around 4 o'clock?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly what time it came in.

REPORTER - Do you know how long they may have been here for?

CHIEF - We're thinking, possibly, for 3 or 4 days.

REPORTER - So who exactly found the car?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly who found it, but the parent's were alerted by someone.. or the family was alerted by someone who came across the vehicle.

REPORTER - We know that the Clear Alert obviously went out in Leon Valley, but there have been questions on why FAPD did not issue their own alert. Were you ever alerted to any idea that this could have been in your jurisdiction?

CHIEF - I believe we became aware of it but this originating in Leon Valley, that's why I came out from there, the Clear Alert.

REPORTER - Was there ever any indication that SAPD should have put out a clear alert of their own?

CHIEF - No.

REPORTER - So are you all leading this investigation into the death, is Leon Valley still involved in the investigation?

CHIEF - No. If there's any information that Leon Valley has, our detectives will work with Leon Valley on that, but the case is an SAPD case right now.

REPORTER - What can you say to the Soto family who are here today?

CHIEF - What can I say to them? Exactly what I just told you.

REPORTER - What makes this a complex crime scene?

CHIEF - I don't want to go into details about that, but again, I will repeat that it appears to be a very complex crime scene; very perplexing crime scene.

REPORTER - Was the FBI ever involved in this investigation, or is anybody else going to be involved with the complexity of it?

CHIEF - No, not unless we reach out to them, but no.

REPORTER - Do you know why they were here?

CHIEF - No, I don't.
Thanks! You are so good at doing this!

This is so tragic. I wish they would call the FBI onto the scene right away. The police (already perplexed) get it wrong sometimes and a lot of innocents can suffer needlessly when that happens….. My heart just breaks for these families and these young lives lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member