Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder, then suicide?

I am somewhat confused, in California, when Lacey Peterson was found, they named the victims as "Lacey and Connor Peterson", with Connor, even as a fetus, a baby.

So, when I saw "two victims", I thought it was Savanah Soto and her child. I am surprised, that the news is not including the baby as a victim as well.

The inconsistencies in reporting is confusing.

The mother of the BF, seemed to think her son did some sort of dangerous work. And his disappearance was related to his "work".

I hope LEO release more information about this case.

Same county, same first middle and last name of the boyfriend and the correct age. Numerous arrests, including assault (domestic). Looks like he was last released from jail just a few months ago. I saw this earlier and didn't post as he wasn't a POI, but since he is now deceased as well, and his being another victim has not been ruled out than I believe I can share this. Search Results.
Sad - had he not been released Savanah and her baby boy just might still be alive - MOO.

Seems this will be either a murder/suicide or based on what was said above regarding his "type of employment". He was murdered and Savanah was a casualty of the choices he made :(

My thoughts are with her family tonight, horrifying tragedy.

I am somewhat confused, in California, when Lacey Peterson was found, they named the victims as "Lacey and Connor Peterson", with Connor, even as a fetus, a baby.

So, when I saw "two victims", I thought it was Savanah Soto and her child. I am surprised, that the news is not including the baby as a victim as well.

The mother of the BF, seemed to think her son did some sort of dangerous work. And his disappearance was related to his "work".

They need to wait for a preliminary post-mortem. (Should have statement tomorrow) The bodies were in her vehicle I heard something about difficulty moving them.

I'm pretty sure she was still pregnant when killed.

Keep in mind women who have recently delivered also look pregnant. Looking at bodies in a vehicle is not a scientific way of determining what happened to the infant.

A baby was found one day and the next day, a mile away, the badly decomposed torso of a female was found. They weren't identified until after autopsies and DNA testing, five days later.

So incredibly sad!
Someone wondered earlier, and I as well, could this have been a crime where someone was trying to take Savannah's baby. This breaks my heart to think, maybe another possibility, could she have went into labor while dying (sorry, it sounds so graphic) and the baby partially or actually delivered?
Another thought, with the loosely reported claims of abuse, could Savannah have been planning to leave after the baby was born and he got wind of it? All my opinion only.

So incredibly sad!
Someone wondered earlier, and I as well, could this have been a crime where someone was trying to take Savannah's baby. This breaks my heart to think, maybe another possibility, could she have went into labor while dying (sorry, it sounds so graphic) and the baby partially or actually delivered?
Another thought, with the loosely reported claims of abuse, could Savannah have been planning to leave after the baby was born and he got wind of it? All my opinion only.
Given the amount of time the bodies are thought to have been in the car (3-4 days), I presume their deaths occurred prior to the scheduled time on Saturday Savanna was to be induced.

JMO

It seems that anyone who came upon the scene and looked at the decedents, could have known more information than was given in the PC. Seems LE is keeping all the information very close to the vest at this point.
Yes, we're used to things being held fairly close, and to keep things fairly quiet. The fewer the details "out there," the better if/when a court case, etc., is called, and/or if there is a murderer out there somewhere.
Hoping we will get a few more details -- certainly the mode of death -- murder, suicide, or both. Three souls.
This is so, so sad. Two adults and a baby who was ready to be delivered -- all now gone.
So the grief begins, and LE and others get down to business.

Last edited:
Wow, very interesting statement from the police chief. I thought for sure this was going to be a murder suicide, but I would not call that a “very perplexing” crime. I have no other ideas other than what has been written here.
Perhaps there is evidence to suggest she delivered in the car. Baby is missing. They were both murdered. How would that be for "very perplexing"????

Perhaps there is evidence to suggest she delivered in the car. Baby is missing. They were both murdered. How would that be for "very perplexing"????
Where my mind is going is that she didn't deliver in the car, and that it's "very perplexing" because a full term pregnant woman is found dead without her baby in the car (or her). I've been puzzled why LE said only 2 were found deceased in the car, (upthread) and wondered why they never mentioned why 3 weren't found. Perhaps because the 3rd (newborn) is missing? Hence it being perplexing as they were searching for a VERY pregnant woman. All MOO.

"dangerous work"
Right.
ETA: I never imagined.

I believe the apartment complex is called The Finley and, looking at Google Maps it appears to be quite large so hopefully they have working security cameras. Also interesting that it’s practically across the street from the police department.

Their website says it’s controlled access and gated. If that’s accurate most apartment complexes also have an electronic log of all cars entering and exiting the gate and what times.

It’s interesting to me that the officer didn’t describe the scene as gruesome or horrible or bloody, etc like we often see with crime scenes. Instead he used “perplexing” which I found odd.

What brought them to this apartment complex????

Got in fight, pulled in and the rest is.....
Had business here that didn't go well.....
Killed else where and the car was dumped there.

JMO
That’s what I’m wondering. My suspicion from the beginning was that the boyfriend had harmed her but with them being found in an apartment complex I’m wondering if they didn’t go there to sell his wares and are victims of a robbery that went awry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper