DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures of the car after it was found:
2abe72e2-ccf1-4aee-a762-34e5561b0f1b-GCT4Pt4XEAAxXa5.jpg

00367bf5-ea4f-4b0a-87bb-7639511c3bc0-SAVANAHSOTO2.PNG

Between the pictures of the investigator looking into the rear window of the vehicle and the rear windows being covered with sheets but not the front windows, the bodies must have been in the back seat. That a bit perplexing and doesn't suggest murder/suicide to me.

I'm leaning towards revenge killing or drug debt or deal gone wrong.

JMO

JMO

Between the pictures of the investigator looking into the rear window of the vehicle and the rear windows being covered with sheets but not the front windows, the bodies must have been in the back seat. That a bit perplexing and doesn't suggest murder/suicide to me.

JMO

JMO
Was thinking the same thing. It also appears the car is not parked in a lined spot and is just outside an apartment building. May be a little odd that someone knew it was there for 3-4 days but didn’t get close enough to look inside. Also doesn’t seem like the kind of place someone might just be driving by, see the car, then notify the family. Did the person who “found” it know it was there? Perplexing is a good description.

How horrible. My guess is that they didn't name a third victim, the baby, because she hadn't given birth as far as they could tell and the ME most likely has to check
I agree. Also, if there was a strong suspicion that the baby was not in the car with them, wouldn’t they want to put out an alert for a missing newborn ASAP?

Was thinking the same thing. It also appears the car is not parked in a lined spot and is just outside an apartment building. May be a little odd that someone knew it was there for 3-4 days but didn’t get close enough to look inside. Also doesn’t seem like the kind of place someone might just be driving by, see the car, then notify the family. Did the person who “found” it know it was there? Perplexing is a good description.
From watching the live new chopper feed last night, the car looked to be parked behind the apartment building and there were no other cars parked around it. This might be why no one in the complex noticed two dead bodies in a car parked there for several days.

LE had the driveway leading to the rear of the building taped off with my favorite yellow tape. There were numerous squad cars parked in front of the building and I thought they must be looking at something possibly happening in one of the apartments, but now I think as the squad cars arrived and just stacked up in the driveway out front.

JMO

KENS reported that the address where Soto was last seen was the apartment complex where she lived with her boyfriend, the father of her child.

KENS reported that police attempted to enter Soto's apartment on Monday, but were unsuccessful.

Wondering why the police attempts to enter the apartment were unsuccessful? Were they unable to obtain a warrant? If they are searching for an endangered missing person are they allowed to force entry?

>>>
Wasil said she made it to the 2013 Kia after being tipped off to its location and opened the door as police arrived at the scene. She saw blood but wouldn’t go into detail because she didn’t want to believe her sister-in-law Savanah was dead.
>>>
Police find bodies of pregnant teen and boyfriend in car

>>
Early last evening, she posted on Facebook to confirm that Savanah's body had been found and that she was in a 'bad bad condition'.
>>
Family of pregnant teen found dead seen brawling in court with teen

From watching the live new chopper feed last night, the car looked to be parked behind the apartment building and there were no other cars parked around it. This might be why no one in the complex noticed two dead bodies in a car parked there for several days.

LE had the driveway leading to the rear of the building taped off with my favorite yellow tape. There were numerous squad cars parked in front of the building and I thought they must be looking at something possibly happening in one of the apartments, but now I think as the squad cars arrived and just stacked up in the driveway out front.

JMO
It looks like the vehicle was parked in the alley parallel to Rue Burgundy, behind the food mart, along the property fence, near the SW corner of the property. You can can see the single family homes, on the other streets. There's a cul de sac and "movie star " street. (I live a few miles away, we call this the "movie star" neighborhood, because the streets are named after movie stars ) Colinas at Medical Apartments · 5903 Danny Kaye Dr, San Antonio, TX 78240Screenshot Capture - 2023-12-27 - 09-02-50.png

JMO

JMO
I am leaning the same way. Unfortunately people with a history of drug dealing sometimes meet with a violent end. Sadly innocent people who are with them often suffer the same fate.

JMO

>>>
Wasil said she made it to the 2013 Kia after being tipped off to its location and opened the door as police arrived at the scene. She saw blood but wouldn’t go into detail because she didn’t want to believe her sister-in-law Savanah was dead.
>>>
Police find bodies of pregnant teen and boyfriend in car

>>
Early last evening, she posted on Facebook to confirm that Savanah's body had been found and that she was in a 'bad bad condition'.
>>
Family of pregnant teen found dead seen brawling in court with teen
The Clear Alert went out on Christmas Day. (It appears in the later part of the afternoon) The vehicle was discovered about 24 hours later. All things considered, this is a faster-than-average time.

I wonder if they went to the Colinas apartments on Danny Kaye, knowing she or MG frequented the area?

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPT OF POLICE STATEMENT

26TH DECEMBER

CHIEF
- What I'm about to tell you is preliminary information and could change, quite possibly will change, as detectives get further into the investigation. And what we're looking at right now, I think everybody knows the background on this, so I won't go into it, but what we're looking at right now is a very, very perplexing crime scene and detectives right now are looking at this as a possible murder but we don't know for sure.

So again, because of the complexity, the complex crime scene, we can't say for sure what we have.

REPORTER - How many people were found.. were there 2 people in the car?

CHIEF - There are 2 people in the car.

REPORTER - Are they dead?

CHIEF - They are deceased and we believe that it is the missing woman and her boyfriend but we can't confirm that right now, officially, until the medical examiner takes a look at the bodies and makes that determination as to their identity.

REPORTER - So, the missing woman was pregnant - Any update on the baby?

CHIEF - No, I mean, I can't say for sure, I'm not gonna say anything officially about whether the person in the vehicle was pregnant or is pregnant. I can't say that officially so I'm not going to. We have to wait for the medical examiner to say anything officially, but we do believe that the two individuals were.. are the female who was missing and her boyfriend.

REPORTER - Any weapon inside the car?

CHIEF - We don't know that yet. We have not been able to move the bodies.

REPORTER - Is it a Kia Optima?

CHIEF - Yes, it's the car that was described as the boyfriend's.

REPORTER - Did the family call in about the car.

CHIEF - Yes, the family did. They were alerted that the car was here and they phoned it in.

REPORTER - And that was around 4 o'clock?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly what time it came in.

REPORTER - Do you know how long they may have been here for?

CHIEF - We're thinking, possibly, for 3 or 4 days.

REPORTER - So who exactly found the car?

CHIEF - I don't know exactly who found it, but the parent's were alerted by someone.. or the family was alerted by someone who came across the vehicle.

REPORTER - We know that the Clear Alert obviously went out in Leon Valley, but there have been questions on why FAPD did not issue their own alert. Were you ever alerted to any idea that this could have been in your jurisdiction?

CHIEF - I believe we became aware of it but this originating in Leon Valley, that's why I came out from there, the Clear Alert.

REPORTER - Was there ever any indication that SAPD should have put out a clear alert of their own?

CHIEF - No.

REPORTER - So are you all leading this investigation into the death, is Leon Valley still involved in the investigation?

CHIEF - No. If there's any information that Leon Valley has, our detectives will work with Leon Valley on that, but the case is an SAPD case right now.

REPORTER - What can you say to the Soto family who are here today?

CHIEF - What can I say to them? Exactly what I just told you.

REPORTER - What makes this a complex crime scene?

CHIEF - I don't want to go into details about that, but again, I will repeat that it appears to be a very complex crime scene; very perplexing crime scene.

REPORTER - Was the FBI ever involved in this investigation, or is anybody else going to be involved with the complexity of it?

CHIEF - No, not unless we reach out to them, but no.

REPORTER - Do you know why they were here?

CHIEF - No, I don't.
I haven't seen many LE press conferences that have so little information.

JMO

JMO
I wonder if the back seats were able to lie forward flat so that the trunk space as also big back seat space?
That would be perplexing as to why.

Joanie Wasil, Soto’s sister-in-law, told KSAT that someone contacted her via Facebook and said they saw the Optima in the parking lot. She contacted the police as she and her family made their way to the scene.

Wasil said she saw Soto and Guerra dead in the vehicle, and she believed they were shot. She glanced at Soto’s face “and didn’t want to see anymore,” Wasil told KSAT.

Wasil added she saw Soto in the front passenger’s seat and Guerra in the back.

The location is about three miles away from her apartment in the 6000 block of Grissom Road where Soto was last seen at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 22.

Joanie Wasil, Soto’s sister-in-law, told KSAT that someone contacted her via Facebook and said they saw the Optima in the parking lot. She contacted the police as she and her family made their way to the scene.

Wasil said she saw Soto and Guerra dead in the vehicle, and she believed they were shot. She glanced at Soto’s face “and didn’t want to see anymore,” Wasil told KSAT.

Wasil added she saw Soto in the front passenger’s seat and Guerra in the back.

The location is about three miles away from her apartment in the 6000 block of Grissom Road where Soto was last seen at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 22.

Thinking perhaps they were killed elsewhere, and he was placed in the back so someone else could drive the car to where they found it. Plus, I think people in the apartments and homes nearby would have heard gunshots so close to their homes.

Thinking perhaps they were killed elsewhere, and he was placed in the back so someone else could drive the car to where they found it. Plus, I think people in the apartments and homes nearby would have heard gunshots so close to their homes.
Yes, driver's seat was empty.
That could mean 2 perps for more control of two people in front and back seats while driving.

This is my guess as well. They were killed at a different location and the car was dumped there. From what I’m gathering, the people that live in that complex don’t normally use the backside of the complex which is why they weren’t found sooner. That the residents keep to themselves as well. Maybe the killers knew that and put them there knowing it would be a couple days before they were found.

From the pictures posted up thread, it doesn't appear the passenger side windows are broken from a possible bullet from a gun shot made outside of the vehicle. Can't see the drivers side and the rear window is covered with a sheet/blanket.

Strange if the shootings took place there, no one heard or reported gun shots that we have heard about. If someone had, the car with bodies should have been discovered before they were.

Someone knew the car was there and contacted her via Facebook, but didn't go investigate or check the car themselves??? I sure hope LE is interviewing that person.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members