Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just beyond aggravated, driving me nuts not being able to pause on the exact moment of the split second clearest image that many of us believe to be a ponytail of the person driving the Kia- further speculation on this person is that it’s a female.

JMO- my frustration is factual.
Can they not get the plate off the first shot you saved?

It seems the most probable to me that they were lured to a location under the pretense of a business transaction and that he was the primary target. I wonder where his phone last pinged.
Would she go along for a business transaction tho? Especially being extremely pregnant. I mean I guess maybe if they were going somewhere else before or after..but then why leave the candle burning...idk.

Believe it!
This is the south and this is Texas and we have some enormous people who over eat Tex Mex food and don’t work out. I’m laughing at everyone who thinks that’s not a regular old obese beer belly hanging down on the pickup truck driver.
The only thing his belly is stuffed with is queso, chips, enchiladas, tamales and Tecate.
Believe me, you northeastern folks are much skinnier than we are!
But the proportion of the belly in relation to the rest of him seems odd to me…like even if you carry your weight in that area, his seems very excessive considering the rest of his body is thick but not THAT fat. You can also see that when he gets out of the truck he kind of waddles bow legged like he’s trying to keep something in there.

But then again the video isn’t the clearest so you could definitely be right, what do I know lol :D

I doubt if anyone his size would have an abdomen that pendulous. He almost looks like he's wearing a baby sling, although I can pretty safely assume he was not. Perhaps he was hiding some kind of contraband in his shirt.
I thought maybe the big guy was wearing a bullet proof vest that was not strapped on so it was hanging in the front.

Looks heavier than just a white T-shirt.

JMO

Thank you. From the link:

"Over the next few days, authorities provided some clarity: Both Soto and Guerra were killed by shotgun blasts to the head, and both deaths were homicides."

This is the first time I've read that a shotgun was used. Is that true?

ETA: looks like all of us are stunned by this news
Oh wow! I didn't even notice that. Maybe something misspoken when translated?

JMO pants down + gruesome = something removed or added. Ugh.

Another JMO, I'm kinda thinking that belly looks suspicious, even for a bigger person. Almost looks to me that they're carrying something/something is stuffed in there (like bags of something?):

View attachment 470956
Every time I read that I thought SA. I’m not sure that occurred I keep thinking that his pants got pulled down when they pulled up to the backseat.

Last edited:
IF a shotgun was used there is no way they shot both on the right side, behind the ear from inside the vehicle.

For one you cannot conceal a shotgun in that small car.
From Sawed-off shotgun WIKI: "A sawed-off shotgun is a type of shotgun with a shorter gun barrel—typically under 18 inches (46 cm)—and often a pistol grip instead of a longer shoulder..."

Would she go along for a business transaction tho? Especially being extremely pregnant. I mean I guess maybe if they were going somewhere else before or after..but then why leave the candle burning...idk.
Maybe she went along thinking they wouldn’t harm MG knowing/seeing her pregnant? They left in a hurry, seems they knew danger/trouble was coming (candle left by burning is a big sign) and tried to get away as fast as possible…moo

If her phone and purse were left at home and the candle still burning, It seems to me they were doing something that was only going to be a few minutes.. maybe around the corner.
MG could have had cash in his pocket so she didn't need to bring a purse.
I don't think LE has mentioned the phones or any details, have they?

But the proportion of the belly in relation to the rest of him seems odd to me…like even if you carry your weight in that area, his seems very excessive considering the rest of his body is thick but not THAT fat. You can also see that when he gets out of the truck he kind of waddles bow legged like he’s trying to keep something in there.

But then again the video isn’t the clearest so you could definitely be right, what do I know lol :D

It’s what we call a beer belly.

Do we know if MG belonged to a gang?
Gang style retribution can be horrific and include torture and executions.

I live on the East Coast— MS 13 murders are brutal and it’s shocking how young many of the victims are.

Wikipedia link just for general information.

My apologies if I have missed the status of possible gang membership.

He was??? I hadn't seen that. Ok now I'm really leaning towards retaliation of some kind from VR.
Here you go---In the video at top of the article is a video clip of the courtroom fight. I found a few short clips on Youtube also.

If her phone and purse were left at home and the candle still burning, It seems to me they were doing something that was only going to be a few minutes.. maybe around the corner.
Maybe I’m overthinking this, even if leaving their apartment for a few minutes with a candle burning seems off. I’m a worrier, so always make sure ours are out before leaving. Could be they tried to escape in their car, but were met soon afterwards and were forced to drive somewhere with someone in the car with them. Hopefully more videos will help with this.

I have just looked up the time in San Antonio and it is just past midnight (12:34am) .. perhaps by morning there will be an arrest ..????

I notice this article was updated at 11:16pm …

I haven’t been able to find any other news articles as confirmation, as yet ..…
This is a really poorly worded headline. It makes people now think that the persons of interest have been identified, instead of LE having two persons of interest in the case.

To date I have not seen anything to indicate that the two POI announced by LE have been identified or any arrests have been made.

'Persons of Interest' identified in murder of pregnant teen and her boyfriend​

I wonder if that’s accurate because I think it would be visible on the car from the outside not to be graphic.
You would think this but in some cases depending on the gun, the damage seems more internal. Trying to not be graphic here but it can create a more bloated and deformed look. Kurt Cobain's injury was with a shotgun, yet if I remember correctly he had only a little bit of blood trickling out of his ear...

I wondered if there was a source/news link to that statement that could be shared here. Or is there a FB page? Thanks.
Speaking on TikTok, a woman claiming to be Matthew's cousin has claimed police told the family he had been tortured. In a video she said: "It's not making sense to me. The way they left him on the back seat. Laid out with his pants off. It was gruesome, they just said it was gruesome.

"My cousin's very very very tall. Savanah was in the front passenger seat and she had the car seat on top of her. My cousin was in the back seat, laid out, with his pants off. They said that basically he was tortured, but they didn't really want to get into the details."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member