Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, they had no way of knowing that she wouldn’t already be at the hospital giving birth “spontaneously,” since she was already a week past due. That makes me think she either wasn’t the target here and simply was collateral damage (wrong place, wrong time) OR this “revenge killing” where SS was the target was not planned out for more than a day and done extremely impulsively.
Well I mean if they were stalking her they’d know she hadn’t had the baby yet. JMO

That's an interesting line about a clear message to snitches and the truth will come out.
Yeh there’s been a lot of social media chatter about that and the ring camera video of the stairwell of their apartment complex with the 3 guys going back and forth. I can’t make sense of it though. Seems like a bunch of nonsense. But sometimes wrapped up in a rumor there’s SOME truth in it that sparked the rumor??? I don’t know.

Yeh there’s been a lot of social media chatter about that and the ring camera video of the stairwell of their apartment complex with the 3 guys going back and forth. I can’t make sense of it though. Seems like a bunch of nonsense. But sometimes wrapped up in a rumor there’s SOME truth in it that sparked the rumor??? I don’t know.
It almost seems likes she's referring to that social media chatter but in what way and it has me asking WTF? From pretty much either way I look at, it just points back to that. If she's warning people to be careful about what they're posting and being seen as a snitch because this is what happens, it's like she's validating all the chatter

I call it "Airing of Grievances"...
All sorts of people making up stuff because they want attention. Videos have been doctored by someone who copied it.

I'm very skeptical of anything I see on TikTok. For instance, an image was shared when the vehicles were found. The image showed ice in the parking lot. It was 60 degrees outside. It seems like no one just shares something on TikTok, it all seems adulterated to me. MOO (Why did they need to modify the image to put ice on the parking lot???. The ice looked real BTW)

Someone doesn't like their apartment? Someone doesn't like their neighbor? Someone doesn't like their ex?
"Watch my theory" (Content creators make money from ad generated content)

Last edited:
Re: the car/truck meet-up with a nearby light... maybe it was as simple as it's easier to see what you're doing when you have light. And maybe the perps in the vehicles expect or know that anyone in that apartment complex will know to "look the other way" if they see anything.

Perhaps they also didn't think there would be a large outcry or use of LE to deal with it, if indeed the victim or victims were part of the drug trade world. An easy come/easy go/another day at the office type of mindset.

All my own speculation and MOO.

So little from LE. and no reward yet.

They must have cell info, or at least some of it.
All these dealers have more than one phone too.

The killing must have been close by as I can't see someone riding around town with 2 dead bodies one of which being in the front seat.

Been trying to figure out where their apartment was. LE says it was in the 6000 block of Grissom Road

There are three complexes in that region. One is at 5650 on the south side of Grissom Rd., the second is at 6007 on the north side, and the third is at 6013 Grissom Rd.

The one on the south side is at 5650 Grissom. The Finley. It seems more run of the mill apartment complex. The site comments talk about theft problems. https://www.finleyapartments.com/?utm_knock=gmb&doorway=schedule

The second, on the north side seems like it would be expensive. The Valencia. It's a larger complex and appears more upscale and aspirational. Welcome :: valencia – artragin

The third is The Barcelona and is clearly associated with The Valencia. Upscale/aspirational. Leases start at about $1000 a month for one BR.

The requirements for the latter two complexes include proof of funds via paycheck and ID, naturally. Nothing mentioned about background checks:

"Fill out and sign the lease application.
Bring two cashier checks or money orders addressed to “Barcelona Lofts, LLC” for the following:

Application Fee:
$75 Single/ $90 Joint Applicant. (Non-refundable)
Admin Fee: $175.00 Dollars. (Non-refundable)

Bring Proof of income: 3 current check paystubs and last two recent bank statements.
Bring a Current Government ID."

There may be other smaller apartments in the area, but I would not say they were in the 6000 block. These also don't seem like the place for a 22 year old and his 18 year old girlfriend.

Like others are asking, who's name is on the lease?

Been trying to figure out where their apartment was. LE says it was in the 6000 block of Grissom Road

There are three complexes in that region. One is at 5650 on the south side of Grissom Rd., the second is at 6007 on the north side, and the third is at 6013 Grissom Rd.

The one on the south side is at 5650 Grissom. The Finley. It seems more run of the mill apartment complex. The site comments talk about theft problems. https://www.finleyapartments.com/?utm_knock=gmb&doorway=schedule

The second, on the north side seems like it would be expensive. The Valencia. It's a larger complex and appears more upscale and aspirational. Welcome :: valencia – artragin

The third is The Barcelona and is clearly associated with The Valencia. Upscale/aspirational. Leases start at about $1000 a month for one BR.

The requirements for the latter two complexes include proof of funds via paycheck and ID, naturally. Nothing mentioned about background checks:

Bring two cashier checks or money orders addressed to “Barcelona Lofts, LLC” for the following:

Application Fee: $75 Single/ $90 Joint Applicant. (Non-refundable)

Bring Proof of income: 3 current check paystubs and last two recent bank statements.

There may be other smaller apartments in the area, but I would not say they were in the 6000 block. These also don't seem like the place for a 22 year old and his 18 year old girlfriend.

Valencia is correct, MOO.

Lived in SA for 25 years, so here is my hot take:

I don't think this had anything to do SS's brother's death or trial. These types don't bide their time waiting for some perfect moment to inflict the most damage - they just do it when the opportunity arises.

And I think it's kind of obvious but while drug dealing provided a LOT of cash flow there was very little of it that ended up in his pocket. They lived in an apartment complex that did not have controlled access and drove a Kia. Not exactly the glamorous life. He was a foot soldier and felt he would move up in the organizational ranks. She was willing to stay with him because she wanted that lifestyle. Both families seemed to endorse both his occupation and their union.

My best guess is that MG wronged the wrong person - infringed on someone else's perceived territory, watered down some drugs, didn't pay a debt on time. He probably knew someone was out to get him. He was being watched.

SS maybe asked him to help her with getting the car seat into the car since that was one of the last things that would need to be done before going to the hospital. They weren't leaving the apartment complex so SS left the candle burning and her phone inside. MG probably had his in his jeans pocket - a business deal could pop up at any time but until it did he could help SS with the car seat. It was the holidays, his baby was going to come the next day, so much joy in the air, his guard was down.

They were ambushed in the parking lot, told to get into the car. MG was the target but these thugs don't care about human life, only that there is not a witness willing to report their crime (you'd be amazed how many people are shot in this town but are unwilling to give the slightest description of the shooter). The murders happened fairly quick after the abduction. A small caliber weapon was unlikely to result in bullet holes and blood splatter. Death might not have necessarily been instantaneous. Although I believe both of them were immediately unconscious due to the gunshots, depending on the bullet path through the brain, respiration and heat beats might have continued for a while. At least one one of the perps stayed with the bodies until they were positive they were dead. Then they ditched the car at the apartments and fat dude (Honestly, people, he's really that fat. Welcome to S.Texas) picked them up.

The BIG mistake these guys made was not being willing to wait until MG was by himself. Without the death of a pretty girl about to give birth at any moment, this never would have made even a blip in the local news. This spotlight has caused the police to actually investigate the crime. Christmas miracle, indeed. Anyway, if the police didn't already know who the fat dude was when they posted the video, they for sure do now. Maybe the family does also. Justice in some form is coming for him.

Application Fee: $75 Single/ $90 Joint Applicant. (Non-refundable)

I thought I read SS was employed at a healthcare facility and was thinking about becoming a nurse. Possibly the lease was in her name.

Lived in SA for 25 years, so here is my hot take:

I don't think this had anything to do SS's brother's death or trial. These types don't bide their time waiting for some perfect moment to inflict the most damage - they just do it when the opportunity arises.

And I think it's kind of obvious but while drug dealing provided a LOT of cash flow there was very little of it that ended up in his pocket. They lived in an apartment complex that did not have controlled access and drove a Kia. Not exactly the glamorous life. He was a foot soldier and felt he would move up in the organizational ranks. She was willing to stay with him because she wanted that lifestyle. Both families seemed to endorse both his occupation and their union.

My best guess is that MG wronged the wrong person - infringed on someone else's perceived territory, watered down some drugs, didn't pay a debt on time. He probably knew someone was out to get him. He was being watched.

SS maybe asked him to help her with getting the car seat into the car since that was one of the last things that would need to be done before going to the hospital. They weren't leaving the apartment complex so SS left the candle burning and her phone inside. MG probably had his in his jeans pocket - a business deal could pop up at any time but until it did he could help SS with the car seat. It was the holidays, his baby was going to come the next day, so much joy in the air, his guard was down.

They were ambushed in the parking lot, told to get into the car. MG was the target but these thugs don't care about human life, only that there is not a witness willing to report their crime (you'd be amazed how many people are shot in this town but are unwilling to give the slightest description of the shooter). The murders happened fairly quick after the abduction. A small caliber weapon was unlikely to result in bullet holes and blood splatter. Death might not have necessarily been instantaneous. Although I believe both of them were immediately unconscious due to the gunshots, depending on the bullet path through the brain, respiration and heat beats might have continued for a while. At least one one of the perps stayed with the bodies until they were positive they were dead. Then they ditched the car at the apartments and fat dude (Honestly, people, he's really that fat. Welcome to S.Texas) picked them up.

The BIG mistake these guys made was not being willing to wait until MG was by himself. Without the death of a pretty girl about to give birth at any moment, this never would have made even a blip in the local news. This spotlight has caused the police to actually investigate the crime. Christmas miracle, indeed. Anyway, if the police didn't already know who the fat dude was when they posted the video, they for sure do now. Maybe the family does also. Justice in some form is coming for him.

Lots of good points here.

I think you are correct that if it was only MG missing, we wouldn't know anything about it.

And, yeah. Both families seemed to endorse both his occupation and their union.

A message, otherwise they would have never been found. But for whom? SS family for the beat down VR got? MG for his business dealings? A rival love interest wouldn't care if they were found or not. And might have even buried them somewhere remote. They would have gotten what they wanted no SS or baby. Lots of different rabbit holes with this one.

10/20/23 -- Good, better, still photos of the courtroom brawl here. I do not see M Guerra in the melee. MOO

I’ve been thinking about this and I’ve decided that I highly doubt MG was there. I’ve seen multiple articles posted here where the Soto family was speaking out against MG both as a person and regarding his relationship with SS. Included in one of the articles posted to the thread was a statement that SS knew and respected her family’s feelings toward MG and would attend family functions without him. Due to this, I doubt he’d be welcomed (or even wish to go support) in the courtroom with her family for the brother’s murder. Given his criminal history, a courtroom probably isn’t his favorite place to be anyway. I can’t see that happening. Imo there was no love lost between the Soto and Guerra families

Very aspirational in their ads. Photos of the sculptures and fountains. A barbeque patio with a yellow Porsche parked behind it.

This certainly was not the Colinas at Medical for these two.
It's one of the nicer apartment complexes in the general area. (Fairly to her mom's house) It's only four years old.

I think she may have wanted to live close to her mom, yet wanted a place that was nice. There just aren't many nice places that would be close to her mom's house. We used to live in the general area when we were first married 38 years ago.

Those Colinas apartments were built in 1974. Maybe they were nice at once time, but eventually became Section 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts