Found Deceased TX - Shawtyeria Waites, 21, celebrating her birthday, Houston, 27 Jul 2021 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They serve alcohol at strip clubs and usually open 7 days a week.
Nightclub/Dance Club is different than a strip club/adult entertainment/swinger club. There’s plenty of various clubs in Houston.

Clubs that allow full nudity sometimes are prohibited from selling alcohol.
Ah right! It’s the full nudity thing I was thinking of!

have never heard it referred to as buying “makeup”. There’s diff names for diff drugs but Ibe never heard “makeup”.
Maybe you could say you were buying some powder if talking about coke but that’s still pretty obvious. Maybe calling it makeup is a local slang…but it’s possible they really were just buying makeup. If they were all sweaty and gross after the club, they might wanna touch up.

I agree. I’m not saying “makeup” isn’t code for drugs, but I’ve never heard of it before. IMO, I think it’s quite possible the two girls went to buy actual makeup..it’s possible they left for some other random reason (many possibilities). I think it’s important not to get stuck on “makeup” as code for drugs being a FOR SURE thing/FACT, but instead merely as speculation.

They serve alcohol at strip clubs and usually open 7 days a week.
Nightclub/Dance Club is different than a strip club/adult entertainment/swinger club. There’s plenty of various clubs in Houston.

Clubs that allow full nudity sometimes are prohibited from selling alcohol.
The clubs who can’t carry liquor are usually BYOB. You can bring alcohol in and drink it but they don’t serve you. MOO

Regarding what type of club they went to, the circumstances around what was going on there, etc...the following article may be useful.

Shawtyeria’s Age: 20

New law puts hundreds out of a job at Texas strip clubs

June 2021 article

TEXAS — Hundreds of workers at strip clubs and other adult entertainment venues in Texas lost their jobs overnight last week due to a new law prohibiting the employment of anyone under the age of 21 at so-called sexually oriented businesses.

Gov. Greg Abbott, on May 24, signed a law making it a criminal offense for sexually oriented businesses to hire 18-, 19- or 20-year-olds either as employees or contract workers. The law came into effect the day of Abbott’s signature, meaning hundreds of Texans under the age of 21 lost their jobs immediately.

Previously, clubs and other sexually oriented venues could hire employees 18 and older.

Also came across this article; it gives insight to things that are going on in some of the clubs in the area.
Houston Strip Club Investigated for Human Trafficking & Other Crimes

Here’s Houston’s Codes/Ordinances for Alcoholic Beverages in businesses/establishments
Municode Library

Wondering if there any huge sporting or other tourist-drawing events forthcoming in /around TX? speculation. rbbm.

Experts warn of sex trafficking around large events like Super Bowl
by: Lisa McCormick
Feb 3, 2021
''During a recent conversation with FOX4 about sex trafficking at the Super Bowl, Lester shared that comment one of her survivors made about the seedy side of NFL championship games and other major sporting events.

“She’d been trafficked for years and taken to a number of states for sporting events,” Lester said. “I have many clients who have shared with me that they were moved into those cities (that host major sporting events) specifically to be trafficked.”

“I absolutely think there are young women right now from Kansas City who are en route to Tampa to be trafficked.”

''But what’s the connection between sex trafficking and high-profile sporting events? Why are they such a lure for traffickers?

“When major sporting events happen around the world or in the U.S., there’s an influx of people to those host cities,” said Josh Miller, US director of partnerships for the It’s a Penalty campaign. “Even if those people aren’t attending the game, they’re still tailgating and having parties.”

And those increased number of partygoers can lead to heightened demands for sex and incidents of trafficking.''

Wondering if there any huge sporting or other tourist-drawing events forthcoming in /around TX? speculation. rbbm.

Experts warn of sex trafficking around large events like Super Bowl
by: Lisa McCormick
Feb 3, 2021
''During a recent conversation with FOX4 about sex trafficking at the Super Bowl, Lester shared that comment one of her survivors made about the seedy side of NFL championship games and other major sporting events.

“She’d been trafficked for years and taken to a number of states for sporting events,” Lester said. “I have many clients who have shared with me that they were moved into those cities (that host major sporting events) specifically to be trafficked.”

“I absolutely think there are young women right now from Kansas City who are en route to Tampa to be trafficked.”

''But what’s the connection between sex trafficking and high-profile sporting events? Why are they such a lure for traffickers?

“When major sporting events happen around the world or in the U.S., there’s an influx of people to those host cities,” said Josh Miller, US director of partnerships for the It’s a Penalty campaign. “Even if those people aren’t attending the game, they’re still tailgating and having parties.”

And those increased number of partygoers can lead to heightened demands for sex and incidents of trafficking.''

Really good point and always worth considering. The biggest recent event I am aware of was a
UFC fight ,Lewis v Gane , August 7, 2021 at the Toyota Center in Houston.

All of this is MOO

No judgement at all, I really think that more missing persons cases should be more transparent. It would really help if people stop putting so much weight on judgement when someone is in extreme need of help. Those are usually the facts that will get the answers!

It sounds like they dance/promote or work at a strip club, and work extremely late (early the next day) perhaps some clientele is looking to party after hours and if they pay well it might feel really worth it at the time. Maybe he had wanted just her company which might be common?

They were going out to celebrate her bday like 14 hours later and maybe they go through lots of makeup with that kind of job?

I hope they’re able to identify him… sounds nefarious off the bat with the vacant apt like luring or lying in wait :(
Ya my theory is that if they were buying makeup, it’s either bc they were killing time and there was a 24 hr drug store close, or someone needed an emergency item like lash glue, mascara, lipgloss etc. I’ve bought emergency lipstick and emergency lash glue before. And I’ve also spent money on makeup just because I was bored!

I’m thinking they went to buy beer or Red Bull but thought “makeup” sounded better.
Maybe he gave them money to buy it so he could separate one from the other two.
JMO
Can totally imagine that, maybe he even said something like he ''has something special for the birthday girl, here's some cash go buy something nice and meet you later''.
imo, speculation.

Young Houston woman vanishes after meeting man at strip club | khou.com

Aug 13 article
To Note:
•Friends say they dropped Waites off at an apartment complex in the 8900 block of Chimney Rock around 10 p.m. on July 27 and she hasn’t been seen since.
•The women were invited there by a man they met at a strip club but only Waites went inside.

Community activist Quannell X’s belief to what happened the night Shawtyeria Waites went missing:
"It was never a plan to continue a party. We believe it was a plan to kidnap these young girls and only one went in and one has never been seen again. He was spending large sums of money in the strip club and he was luring them with the money.”

Community search begins for missing 20-year-old last seen in SW Houston

Aug 13 article
To Note:
•Loved ones are meeting in the Meyerland area today (Friday) to start the search.
•They are asking volunteers to meet at The Village of Meyerland apartments on North Braeswood at 3:15 p.m. to help with the search.

•the women had all met a man while at the club earlier that night; that man then invited them to an apartment complex after the club
•Waites went into the apartment while the other two went down the street to a store

<rsbm>

Community activist Quannell X’s belief to what happened the night Shawtyeria Waites went missing:
"It was never a plan to continue a party. We believe it was a plan to kidnap these young girls and only one went in and one has never been seen again. He was spending large sums of money in the strip club and he was luring them with the money.”

What jumps at me from what he's suggesting is that (they believe) ONE man was going to kidnapped THREE young women. That would be a lot for one person. Would lead me to believe that he would have taken them somewhere where others were waiting. This does seem to be consistent with trafficking as a possibility.

I feel like I need to clear some stuff up. Not all strip clubs are equal the really fancy Club Onyx's and The PentHouse Clubs are one type then you have the down and dirty inner city dance clubs (I use to do bottle service for a night club, occasionally we would hit up the shady strip clubs which stayed open until 3:00 then go to the 2-5 which was basically a speakeasy in a row house). The strip club girls game in their outfits and sometimes would keep making tips at the 2-5 sometimes they'd go to a specific house on the other side of town and keep working there. This is very very common, not all strip clubs are on the up and up, and some are even unlicensed disasters with no cameras that work on cash basis and have no idea what anyone's real name is.
I'm not judging at all, I probably would have been friends with her 15 years ago, but it isn't a safe lifestyle the people that frequent these places have money that isn't taxed if you get my drift, drugs and alcohol flow freely, it's a **** show of fun if your 20 but if I walked into it now I'd probably call the cops.

<modsnip>
Thank you for the info @adot0902 That paints a more clear picture. It's a dangerous situation for young people to be in. I sure hope Shawtyeria can be found safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back