Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in a different state. But from birth to age 3, they did come to our house and the therapists are the same ones in the school district. It all kind of overlaps here. Though I have no clue what it's like in Texas.

In Texas, Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) serves the 0-3 population and employs their own, i.e., separate from public school, therapists. It does get confusing from state to state.

School districts do not offer home visits for free unless the child is "home bound" and unable to attend school due to a medical condition. She would have probably been eligible as a 3-year-old with a severe developmental disability to attend a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilties (PPCD) classroom at least half-day. She would receive speech therapy services as well as other services through that program. She wouldn't be required to attend the program and the parents would have had to contact the school district to start the process although the district tries to locate and encourage children to access services they need.

I have also wondered if her non-verbal status and apparent failure to gain weight may be related to possible autism even though that hasn't been mentioned. Children with autism often have feeding issues due to sensory avoidance issues.

FWIW - Early Childhood Intervention, or zero to three, will provide in home services for kiddos with developmental or communication delays. At 4, they fall under the ISD that they live within and the ISD generally provides transportation for the services... my son had severe speech delay because of profound hearing issues that were solved with ear tubes... they provided services at one elementary and picked the kiddos up from home or daycare...

http://hhs.texas.gov/services/disability/early-childhood-intervention-services

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There aren't any trees behind the houses in the 900 block of their street. Whichever means he had to send her to the tree behind the neighbors house. It just makes me so sick to think of her out there at 3am.
I can't usually follow kids cases - it's so traumatic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Feel sick about her more than likely no longer being with and flying with the angels but please don't feel sick about her standing by that tree at 3am in the morning. The dogs would have picked up her scent and LE would have taped the area off with cs tape. None of that happened.IMO

Hmm...just looks like trash or a Kleenex or something to me. Maybe it will be helpful though!

Sort of looks like there might be a cigarette in there, too? I hope this helps them get closer. Are there any rules or laws regarding media photographing potential evidence? :thinking:

I should have clarified, when I said Indian I meant, North American Indian descent, in paritcular in her case, much like Abnaki or even Navajo. Not related to India or the Sikhs.

To me it's obvious. And yes, I do agree, its very confusing to call Indian (North American Indians), Asian. Very confusing - thanks for the article.

p.s. I wonder if the Mathews family is North American Indian descent too. Can't tell from the name, but maybe. I think if at all possible when being adopted, they should strive to find a culturally suitable home for such children as little Sherin .

I fear I confused the conversation entirely and I do apologize. (Since you are of Native American descent, I am not writing to correct you, I just fear I confused others). Let me try again and see if I do better. North American Indians (Native Americans, Indigenous Americans) are not categorized as Asian for demographic/gov't/law enforcement purposes. They are categorized as Native American/Alaskan/Pacific Islander. People from the sub-continent of India are categorized as Asian often for demographic/gov't/law enforcement purposes in order to avoid any confusion with Native Americans. However, not everyone knows this, so you have people who are from India who get called "Indian" and then they get confused for Native Americans. And you have Native Americans called "Indian" and then confused with people from the country of India. I sure wish I could go back in time and correct those European explorers who thought they'd reached India when they ran into the Americas and just erase the whole confusion. To make it even more confusing, the people from India often bear more resemblance to Native Americans than to other Asian populations (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc).

SM's parents are from India, and belong to a church that is primarily people from India. SM was adopted from India 1.5 years ago.

FWIW - Early Childhood Intervention, or zero to three, will provide in home services for kiddos with developmental or communication delays. At 4, they fall under the ISD that they live within and the ISD generally provides transportation for the services... my son had severe speech delay because of profound hearing issues that were solved with ear tubes... they provided services at one elementary and picked the kiddos up from home or daycare...

http://hhs.texas.gov/services/disability/early-childhood-intervention-services

The public school provides services starting at age 3. The type of services offered vary depending upon the severity of the disability. They range from speech therapy only with parent transportation all the way to the PPCD classes I mentioned in a previous post. Different districts vary some but the basics are the same. I am a speech-language pathologist with 20 years experience (15 years Texas public schools).

It will be really, really, really interesting to find out WHO called CPS, WHEN and WHY. Of course, LE knows all this and it's why no one is looking for this baby, IMHO. They're just waiting for WHAT?

I'm fairly certain that CPS interviewed the parents and observed their home when they were adopting Sherin. Sorry if this has already been mentioned. Here is a website with the adoption process used in Texas:www.dfps.state.tx.us/Adoption_and_Foster_Care/Get_Started/default.asp

Yeah, it could be either of these but here's the problem I'm having. First, as I mentioned above, it shouldn't take 2 years to treat child malnourishment. If it's severe then step one is to treat in the hospital. Step two is to send the child home and have the parents make sure the quality of the food is appropriate.

If it doesn't resolve then the advice is to seek out underlying illnesses.

What parent would force feed a child for two long years, using punishment when she's noncompliant? Would CPS involve itself in what appears to be a medical issue? Wouldn't it more likely urge the parents to pursue medical advice from a doctor if Sherin failed to thrive after two years?

I dunno you guys, you may be right but to me it feels like we're either missing a big piece of info or else Sherin's dad is blowing smoke in our faces. I've seen nothing indicating his punishment is cultural or recommended by medical or psychological professionals. IMO something's wrong.

I agree that something is terribly wrong. I was trying to explore how the root of this problem may have started with directions or misunderstanding of directions and expectations. NOT an excuse. Clearly their (mom/dad/mom or dad) response and long-term dealing with the situation didn't work.
And I believe she was actually adopted about 18 months ago. I think it got rounded off to 2 years. I wonder when CPS got involved??

Feel sick about her more than likely no longer being with and flying with the angels but please don't feel sick about her standing by that tree at 3am in the morning. The dogs would have picked up her scent and LE would have taped the area off with cs tape. None of that happened.IMO

I agree. That cluster of trees is across the alley drive and behind the neighbors house. It's pitch dark and even in the light of day could not be observed from their house unless they stood on the roof. The fence is higher than the windows.
I'm surprised the father admitted to this awful story.

India is in Asia. I honestly think a huge amount of people don't realize that. The confusion comes from people not having a basic understanding of geography. JMO

You are absolutely right. What I meant to write was "it creates more confusion because many people don't realize India is part of Asia." :)

She was never sent out to the tree folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The public school provides services starting at age 3. The type of services offered vary depending upon the severity of the disability. They range from speech therapy only with parent transportation all the way to the PPCD classes I mentioned in a previous post. Different districts vary some but the basics are the same. I am a speech-language pathologist with 20 years experience (15 years Texas public schools).

Well poo, my pediatrician had us wait until his 4th Bday to avoid starting with ECI and moving to ISD...

O/T - SLPs do amazing things! He’s almost 17 and only has a few misspoken letter sounds...

I agree. That cluster of trees is across the alley drive and behind the neighbors house. It's pitch dark and even in the light of day could not be observed from their house unless they stood on the roof. The fence is higher than the windows.
I'm surprised the father admitted to this awful story.

It will be his downfall (if indeed he is responsible which I do believe.) He sabotaged his potential defense. He may have had a shot if they never find her body, but with that story I feel he's done for.

Not sure if I believe the story of him sending her out by that tree but I think something happened by that tree. He won't just throw in that tree for no reason. He used that to help explain possible evidence of Sherin and him being by that tree. Maybe she ran out the house and got to the tree before he caught her.

Believers in what? What kind of church is this..actually doesn't matter. I think all religions teach love and kindness, not putting your child outside at 3am for punishment. At least not any religion I would want to follow..anyhoo...I don't believe a word the Dad is saying. I hope the church members that bailed him out do not hear a "confession" of some sort, forgive him and not go to LE. moo
[video=twitter;917552504199458816]https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/917552504199458816[/video]
Allison Harris‏
@AllisonFox4News
Sherin Mathews' mother's uncle says parents are believers, good people. He doesn't know what happened, has been following news reports.

Whatever.

Possible, but what a horrible image that scenario creates. That poor little girl!
Not sure if I believe the story of him sending her out by that tree but I think something happened by that tree. He won't just throw in that tree for no reason. He used that to help explain possible evidence of Sherin and him being by that tree. Maybe she ran out the house and got to the tree before he caught her.

His fabrication will fall apart once they get all the street cam videos. Should help narrow the search for the child.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

His fabrication will fall apart once they get all the street cam videos. Should help narrow the search for the child.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

This news report was posted to FB 31 minutes ago: https://www.facebook.com/CBSDFW/videos/1699280536761742/

The reporter referred to the dad as 'the only suspect' in the girl's disappearance and said they are no longer cooperating with police, that they've lawyered up. Also the camera showed relatives, someone from the church, and the reporter knocking on the front door and they will not answer the door not even to the relatives.

When their home was searched, I hope the cops removed any firearms they found. Again, feeling worried for the mother's safety, but it's pure speculation. Hope they have no firearms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV