Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, I could be wrong, but this case smells like Baby Lisa Irwin, JonBenet, and McCann. I hope I’m wrong but most of the signs aren’t good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed that in the U.S., those of Indian descent are categorized as Asian, for demographics and especially in law enforcement. was reading that this was to avoid confusion with American Indians. But it just creates more confusion in some ways. When an APB goes out for a burgler who is Asian, people are likely envisioning Chinese/Japanese/Vietnamese, etc. Not Indian from the subcontinent of India. Here was an interesting article: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-issues-memo-clarify-indians-asian-article-1.1454467

I should have clarified, when I said Indian I meant, North American Indian descent, in paritcular in her case, much like Abnaki or even Navajo. Not related to India or the Sikhs.

To me it's obvious. And yes, I do agree, its very confusing to call Indian (North American Indians), Asian. Very confusing - thanks for the article.

p.s. I wonder if the Mathews family is North American Indian descent too. Can't tell from the name, but maybe. I think if at all possible when being adopted, they should strive to find a culturally suitable home for such children as little Sherin .

[video=twitter;917552504199458816]https://twitter.com/AllisonFox4News/status/917552504199458816[/video]
Allison Harris‏
@AllisonFox4News
Sherin Mathews' mother's uncle says parents are believers, good people. He doesn't know what happened, has been following news reports.

Whatever.

I should have clarified, when I said Indian I meant, North American Indian descent, in paritcular in her case, much like Abnaki or even Navajo. Not related to India or the Sikhs.

To me it's obvious. And yes, I do agree, its very confusing to call Indian (North American Indians), Asian. Very confusing - thanks for the article.

p.s. I wonder if the Mathews family is North American Indian descent too. Can't tell from the name, but maybe. I think if at all possible when being adopted, they should strive to find a culturally suitable home for such children as little Sherin .

She was adopted from India and the family is of Asian Indian descent.

I had a professor who was from India and his family name was Mathews.

She was adopted from India and the family is of Asian Indian descent.

I had a professor who was from India and his family name was Mathews.

I have a friend who is from India who has a last name that is spanish. When I first met her I thought she was Portuguese. Turned out she was born and lived her early life in India. She was brought up in the Roman Catholic faith, but is Indian through and through.

India has pockets of Christians that are Indian (Asian).

I had guessed that Mathews was ultimately from a British colonial influence... but who knows.

Richardson people, where does your trash go when picked up? Here in Plano it goes to this pre-dump place and gets unloaded in this room which funnels it to bigger trucks that haul it off. Is this the same for Richardson?

I want to know if she was seeing a speech therapist? School districts offer home visits for free. Did she attend daycare? I admittedly scanned as I was very far behind once I got to WS.

School districts do not offer home visits for free unless the child is "home bound" and unable to attend school due to a medical condition. She would have probably been eligible as a 3-year-old with a severe developmental disability to attend a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilties (PPCD) classroom at least half-day. She would receive speech therapy services as well as other services through that program. She wouldn't be required to attend the program and the parents would have had to contact the school district to start the process although the district tries to locate and encourage children to access services they need.

I have also wondered if her non-verbal status and apparent failure to gain weight may be related to possible autism even though that hasn't been mentioned. Children with autism often have feeding issues due to sensory avoidance issues.

School districts do not offer home visits for free unless the child is "home bound" and unable to attend school due to a medical condition. She would have probably been eligible as a 3-year-old with a severe developmental disability to attend a Preschool Program for Children with Disabilties (PPCD) classroom at least half-day. She would receive speech therapy services as well as other services through that program. She wouldn't be required to attend the program and the parents would have had to contact the school district to start the process although the district tries to locate and encourage children to access services they need.

I have also wondered if her non-verbal status and apparent failure to gain weight may be related to possible autism even though that hasn't been mentioned. Children with autism often have feeding issues due to sensory avoidance issues.

I wonder if she was truly nonverbal, or if she had pervasive speech and language delays. The pastor of their church (elder maybe? Whoever the guy was in the video!) said she loved to sing the songs and knew them well. A lot of people with severe speech issues find singing easier, but a nonverbal child would not be singing church songs...

Sorry, I misspoke, it's the ECI program that will come to your home.

Sorry, I misspoke, it's the ECI program that will come to your home.

I live in a different state. But from birth to age 3, they did come to our house and the therapists are the same ones in the school district. It all kind of overlaps here. Though I have no clue what it's like in Texas.

I wonder if she was truly nonverbal, or if she had pervasive speech and language delays. The pastor of their church (elder maybe? Whoever the guy was in the video!) said she loved to sing the songs and knew them well. A lot of people with severe speech issues find singing easier, but a nonverbal child would not be singing church songs...

He also reportedly said she was 'very smart.' And I have seen non-verbal 3 yr olds who were very smart. One of the 31/2 yr olds in my sons preschool class never spoke. But he followed directions and commands perfectly and very specifically. And the teacher tested him on that very often to make sure he was understanding her words, and not just copying what other kids were doing. She could say to him, and only him, 'please go get your lunch box from the kitchen counter' and he would run right to it and bring it back. She could say 'please go get the red paint jar and he would do so.'

So he seemed very smart and he understood the words just fine. And he could say a few things, like names and he could do the 'animal sounds' in story books when everyone chimed in.

WE thought he might be autistic but it turned out he was just delayed in speech, but seemed to catch up by Kinder, the last time I saw him.

She might have been just delayed speech wise, and not really developmentally delayed in other ways.

I’m sorry, I could be wrong, but this case smells like Baby Lisa Irwin, JonBenet, and McCann. I hope I’m wrong but most of the signs aren’t good.

You aren't alone in that thinking :(

Well, I hate to jump to conclusions, but it sure seems the investigation is leaning in a clear direction. I'm not expecting to hear any more news tonight.

Sad night...poor Sherin...I'm so sorry sweetie. :( No words...

Precious, beautiful little 3 year old...from an orphanage...with special needs...just sickened.
Whatever happens to this poor girl, she deserved so much better.

Can someone show me a link where it shows their church paid for his bond? TIA!
This was stated on KSTP Fox 4 after they interviewed the pastor on camera.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

There aren't any trees behind the houses in the 900 block of their street. Whichever means he had to send her to the tree behind the neighbors house. It just makes me so sick to think of her out there at 3am.
I can't usually follow kids cases - it's so traumatic.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's hard to know without more information. She may just be language-delayed and not completely nonverbal. In that case, finger plays, nursery rhymes, and songs would be easier for her than utterances she has to generate herself.

On the other hand, children with autism that are non-verbal often vocalize songs and dialogue from cartoons/TV shows. I actually worked with a child with autism that communicated using song lyrics!

Hate to keep coming back to that "autism" thing but it might explain some added stress in the family, especially if not diagnosed.

He also reportedly said she was 'very smart.' And I have seen non-verbal 3 yr olds who were very smart. One of the 31/2 yr olds in my sons preschool class never spoke. But he followed directions and commands perfectly and very specifically. And the teacher tested him on that very often to make sure he was understanding her words, and not just copying what other kids were doing. She could say to him, and only him, 'please go get your lunch box from the kitchen counter' and he would run right to it and bring it back. She could say 'please go get the red paint jar and he would do so.'

So he seemed very smart and he understood the words just fine. And he could say a few things, like names and he could do the 'animal sounds' in story books when everyone chimed in.

WE thought he might be autistic but it turned out he was just delayed in speech, but seemed to catch up by Kinder, the last time I saw him.

She might have been just delayed speech wise, and not really developmentally delayed in other ways.

My son did not say any words until after 3, but he was also very bright and understood most being told to him. Speech therapists actually encouraged us to have him sing and to sing words to him, because many children thrive through singing. (A lot of really famous singers experienced learning to talk after singing, actually.) He's in first grade now and pretty much caught up to his peers. Music therapy is still a big part of his journey.

She sounds like a little bundle of delight. And such sweet eyes in her picture. I am so saddened and intensely angry over this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV