Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sure, if my toddler is missing outside in the woods at 3 am, I am going to wait until daylight before searching...makes sense...:no:

I'll just do a load of laundry while I wait to go look for her...

So...he now has rationalized any evidence that is near the tree, and rationalized why the washing machine was recently used...not sounding good :(

From the link above:

"He then went inside his home, hoping she would return on her own, according to police Sgt. Kevin Perlich.
Mathews then did a load of laundry, according to Perlich, and wanted to wait for daylight to search for her again."

As if my hinky meter wasn't already spinning....
With a story like this, he should have lawyered up sooner.

The article says the mother was at home sleeping through the whole thing.

If I heard my husband up doing laundry at 3 am, I would have to get up and check on him because I'd know he had lost his damn mind....

I don't know if I can believe the mom slept through all of that(if it is even remotely true). I can be a heavy sleeper, but even still the house going from quiet/everyone in bed to the dad moving around, what I can only imagine being an argument between dad and daughter over the milk, then him going in and out the front/back door, moving laundry around the house, etc would wake me up at some point. If the mom was home...she was involved. Could be dad is trying to take all the blame onto himself to try and protect the mom so that she can be there for the older girl.

If I heard my husband up doing laundry at 3 am, I would have to get up and check on him because I'd know he had lost his damn mind....

If I heard mine doing it in the day I would think he'd lost his damn mind let alone 3am. :laughing:

But yeah... I don't believe for a second she was "sleeping"!

I wonder what he washed? I hope it wasn't the child's bedsheets...

Unless my husband regularly does laundry in the middle of the night, I would definitely hear the noise and ask what was going on.

Note: my husband not only hasn't done laundry in the middle of the night, he also hasn't done it during the day either! :) So if he did he laundry at all, I would probably ask him what was up....unless I was helping him and already knew what was up.

As guilty as this story makes Mathews look, I am leaving the option open that he is covering for someone else. We really don't know anything other than his story and what our hinky meters are signaling.

jmopinion

They are protecting Mom right now by blurring her face in photos and concealing her identity??? Is this normal procedure? Or should this tell us something?

I can't remember where I read this but it seems that when criminals lie about an event that they want no part of, 3am is a particularly favorite time. Maybe it was the Haleigh Cummings case.

I'd love to learn more about this. I am searching but can't find it. I love interesting stats like that.

SHE is probably the one who did the laundry while he drove far away to hide the body. Having said that, I get this feeling (based on nothing but instinct, and maybe some cultural cues) that she may be a cowering, abused wife. I hope he doesn't hurt her.

Right. She slept through it all and he was just doing laundry around 3am waiting for the 3 year old to find her way home.

CHEESEANDGRITS!!

I'd love to learn more about this. I am searching but can't find it. I love interesting stats like that.

Google 'statement analysis' and be prepared to be engrossed. It's fascinating.

They are protecting Mom right now by blurring her face in photos and concealing her identity??? Is this normal procedure? Or should this tell us something?

I think the media and LE do that if someone hasn't been brought up as a suspect, so they don't face any lawsuits for privacy violations/slander/etc.

"Mathews reportedly returned to get his daughter about 15 minutes later and discovered she was gone, according to an affidavit. He reportedly set out to try and find his daughter, to no avail.

He then went inside his home, hoping she would return on her own, according to police Sgt. Kevin Perlich.

Mathews then did a load of laundry, according to Perlich, and wanted to wait for daylight to search for her again."

What in the hell!?!?

AND the mother was sleeping through the whole thing!?!?

Do they think everyone is stupid?

Get the mother away from him and get her to talk!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I guess he did the laundry for a reason other than to help with the housework. SMH

Valid questions brought up here, asking how long since anyone BESIDES the parents had seen her...Did someone have enough time (more than 3am-8am ish Sunday) to do something to/with this little girl?

I think that his story is really weird and crappy and it seems like more of a story of someone who had to come up with something quickly, unplanned. I would guess that an accident took place. JMO

"The parents of Sherin Mathews, the Texas toddler who vanished after her father left her alone in an alley, are no longer cooperating with the investigation, police said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...o-longer-cooperating-police-article-1.3553366

From the same link:

"During the past three days, numerous searches have been conducted around the neighborhood and surrounding areas where Sherin's adoptive father last reported seeing her on Saturday morning. Those thorough searches involved the use of Reverse 911, trained search experts utilizing K-9 teams, helicopters and door to door canvassing."

What is Reverse 911?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member