Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sherin's father, Wesley Mathews, who adopted Sherin last summer, was the last person to see her. He faces charges of child endangerment and has since bonded out. A friend of the family says Wesley and his wife were not in the home."

Same link as above....only last summer...wow

Don't know about laws in Texas, but state law frequently requires "placement" for a period of time (6 mos, perhaps a year) prior to finalizing the adoption. I believe I had seen that the "adopted" two years ago. So perhaps she was with them for around 2 years, but they only finalized last summer.

Do you have the name of the denomination? I'd like to research it a bit.

The spare-the-rod thing is concerning me, and I want to look into it.

Thanks.

It was in one of the articles. It is Emmanuel something or other Chapel (the something or other might be Christian? I forget). One article also mentioned is was in Irving (not Richardson). The name of the church gave me no denominational clues and the searches were not bringing any exact matches. Some similar names came up as Baptist, but not enough to go on. And, Baptist can include Southern Baptist as well as Independent Southern Baptist. The latter is where I have seen a number of "quivering" folks, who not only believe in taking over the world by having lots of kids, but they are also rigidly patriarchal, separatist (including folks who are "off-grid" in lots of ways) suspicious of both government and a lot of organized religion and enforce a literal understanding of the shepherd's use of a rod.

At this point all that is still pretty far down the road from anything actually known about the Matthew's family--just a rabbit hole I went down and came up empty.

It was in one of the articles. It is Emmanuel something or other Chapel (the something or other might be Christian? I forget). One article also mentioned is was in Irving (not Richardson). The name of the church gave me no denominational clues and the searches were not bringing any exact matches. Some similar names came up as Baptist, but not enough to go on. And, Baptist can include Southern Baptist as well as Independent Southern Baptist. The latter is where I have seen a number of "quivering" folks, who not only believe in taking over the world by having lots of kids, but they are also rigidly patriarchal, separatist (including folks who are "off-grid" in lots of ways) suspicious of both government and a lot of organized religion and enforce a literal understanding of the shepherd's use of a rod.

At this point all that is still pretty far down the road from anything actually known about the Matthew's family--just a rabbit hole I went down and came up empty.

Thanks for the clue at least. There are so many denominations that it's hard to characterize theirs without knowing exactly which denomination it is.

jmo

Reminds me of the man (Japanese I believe?) That left his son in bear-infested woods as punishment and when he drove back the boy was missing. They eventually found the boy 6 days later...

Edit: I see now 2 others also brought this case up! GREAT MINDS.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, forgot about that! And that actually turned out to be true, his story!

I'm still reading back and not up to speed. This has probably been addressed, but were dogs used by investigators?

This is actually really helpful - not just to this case but to me personally. You've explained some frustrations I have with our front loader. Grrr....it's not a perfect machine by any means!

Sorry for going off tangent.

Yes, I hope there is residue that could show what soiled things he washed....though they also had a couple of days to do more loads of laundry in the meantime. Sigh.

jmopinion

We don't know but he may have also taken a shower before doing laundry. I have read about and seen many homicide shows where LE were able to detect human DNA in the drains and pipes. They were able to do this even though the suspect may have taken a long shower trying to get rid of evidence like blood that may have been on their body when they were showering.

From the way I understand it they are able to do this because all drain lines and water pipes have gunk that builds up inside of the inner walls and the DNA will adhere to it preventing it all from all being washed away. So I am sure they can do the same with washing machine drain lines who also has residue build up in the drain lines.

There is no way in heck Sherin would have gone far even if she was put outside by her abusive mean uncaring father. She would be frightened of the dark because if not he wouldn't have punished her this way.

That is the very reason my own abusive father would lock me outside when it was pitch black outside. Not that I had done anything to be punished for but even at the age of 3 he knew I was so frightened of the dark. He did it for his own cruel sick and twisted evil entertainment because he knew how terrified I would be the entire time I was locked out. I was the only child for almost 16 years and then I had two brothers who are 16 and 17 years younger than I am. He would do the same to them, and to this day my youngest brother doesn't like to be outside after dark by himself. My oldest younger brother said he was able to cope with it because it meant he didn't have to be inside with our abusive father, and he felt safer outside than inside with him. :(

This case really hits home for me and dredges up old memories I wish I didn't have.

I pray they find this precious tiny child soon but I am so afraid he has gravely harmed her, and took her far away from where they are searching. :(

If there are three cars, how do we know there isn't a third adult or young adult involved that the parents are covering for...maybe a grown child.

‘‘Perlich could not confirm whether luminol, a chemical used in detecting trace amounts of blood at a scene, was used in the home but did say, in cases like this, it was "common practice."

“Both he (Wesley) and his wife have retained legal counsel, Perlich added.

It’s expected they’ll hire separate attorneys.

You guys...removing boxes of evidence from the home instead of looking for the child....I think this speaks volumes.

They can do two things at the same time. LE is looking for her. The answers may be in those boxes.

‘‘Perlich could not confirm whether luminol, a chemical used in detecting trace amounts of blood at a scene, was used in the home but did say, in cases like this, it was "common practice."

BBM.

Cases like this = Cases where parents murder their child.

Not meaning cases like this = Where there is a child missing.

Maria Gurrero w/ NBC is reporting live on facebook. Sherin was adopted only last year from India, in July of 2016. This was clarified by police. The Mother's attorney is about to give a statement on NBCDFW

They will need two lawyers. From the way I understand the law a spouse cannot refuse to testify against the other one if the case involves a minor child.

IMO

"Members of Emmanuel Bible Chapel, the church Mathews and his family attend, have helped search several areas near the family’s home since Saturday. One member, Jose Cherian, told NBC 5 in Dallas-Fort Worth that Mathews and his wife are good parents."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't find this exact church listed on Facebook or through Google. Here is what I found Bible Way and Emmanuel Baptist.
5fce5a79f8989cd5cf3a6913ed733c01.jpg
3655de3871d38a7341ef1db99a1a678d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I really want to believe that it is the case that she is just the traumatized parent right now but in that case, it would seem odd for her to stop talking to LE. If she really thought her child might be out there and could be saved and she had suspicions, wouldn't she talk? I just feel like her silence is key.

Great observation. Her story of "I slept through everything" is also a key element, IMO.

We don't know but he may have also taken a shower before doing laundry. I have read about and seen many homicide shows where LE were able to detect human DNA in the drains and pipes. They were able to do this even though the suspect may have taken a long shower trying to get rid of evidence like blood that may have been on their body when they were showering.

From the way I understand it they are able to do this because all drain lines and water pipes have gunk that builds up inside of the inner walls and the DNA will adhere to it preventing it all from all being washed away. So I am sure they can do the same with washing machine drain lines who also has residue build up in the drain lines.

There is no way in heck Sherin would have gone far even if she was put outside by her abusive mean uncaring father. She would be frightened of the dark because if not he wouldn't have punished her this way.

That is the very reason my own abusive father would lock me outside when it was pitch black outside. Not that I had done anything to be punished for but even at the age of 3 he knew I was so frightened of the dark. He did it for his own cruel sick and twisted evil entertainment because he knew how terrified I would be the entire time I was locked out. I was the only child for almost 16 years and then I had two brothers who are 16 and 17 years younger than I am. He would do the same to them, and to this day my youngest brother doesn't like to be outside after dark by himself. My oldest younger brother said he was able to cope with it because it meant he didn't have to be inside with our abusive father, and he felt safer outside than inside with him. :(

This case really hits home for me and dredges up old memories I wish I didn't have.

I pray they find this precious tiny child soon but I am so afraid he has gravely harmed her, and took her far away from where they are searching. :(

((oceanblueeyes))

I can understand how this case is personally hard for you.

What are the common types of fatal child abuse? I don't want to do the google search. Too many weird things from the other case I'm following. If anyone in my family were to disappear I'd be in the slammer for sure with my search history.
I would think blunt force trauma would be number one. Then asphyxiation.
I can't imagine stabbing would be up there, especially if we are talking about a parent doing this out of frustration. Plus if she was a victim of SA - and I'm not feeling- I feel that the Rn mom would have suspicions and would not be a deep sleeper.
Would explain the laundry. As well as bedwetting.
I have lots of questions here.

Sorry was kind of babbling there. I think the fact she can't speak would prevent her from reporting SA to mom/teacher/authorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez