Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one thread open here which is poor little Sherin and a "Mother" and "Father" who have stopped cooperating even though their darling girl is still missing. And I got another thread open which is Caliyah McNabb with her "Father" locked up and her "Mothers" fake 911 call and she's been found dead. And I'm looking at both these threads and all I can think is WTF..............
I've been following that one as well [emoji22]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

People are serious about their brisket here. My dad wakes up at 2:00-3:00 to start his brisket. Then when we come over for dinner, he complains the whole time about how tired he is, lol. good brisket takes time. Years ago, he heard his neighbor's house getting broken into while they were on vacation.

I wake up well before 5am if I'm smoking a pork butt :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He happened to be awake and outside at 4 a.m. Saturday, less than an hour after she reportedly disappeared, lighting his grill so that he could cook a brisket later in the day.

“At 4 a.m. in the morning, it was quiet. If a child four houses away cried out, I would hear it,” Morse said. “If a car drove by, I would know.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-then-she-disappeared/?utm_term=.4eed3427faa9

There is just something wonderful about this.

A random act of violence (as we are assuming this case is) is countered by a random witness stoking up the BBQ before dawn to make brisket.

I know the case is far from solved...but just when these cases bring us down, there is someone out there making brisket. Life is indeed good in the midst of bad.

Carry on....just feeling a bit tender about all this.

jmo

(Thank you, I saw this and corrected my post! I was speed reading, saw laundry, then brisket, my bad, carry on!)

It's so easy to confuse details on these cases. In the past few weeks, I've been corrected several times. I read, get things stuck in my mind, probably get cases juxtaposed and next thing you know, I'm posting something I believe is relevant to the case, only to find out I'm off base. No worries.

So, he discovers his 3-yr old has disappeared from the coyote-infested alley where he'd placed her just 15 minutes before, and he dashes back into the house, alerts his sleeping wife to call the police, and they both run outside with flashlights looking for her and alerting the neighbors!

Oh, wait. No. That didn't happen.

Rewind.

So, he discovers his 3-yr old has disappeared from the coyote-infested alley where he'd placed her just 15 minutes before, and...he comes back inside and does a load of laundry, hoping she'll come back later.

I'm really curious what clothes needed washing that badly at 3:15 in the morning. (And whose.)

Soo infuriating. I pray they are able to track his moves and that they find her soon. The only chance at the truth coming out might be evidence on her body. This morning was quite cold. Hoping the cooler weather helps searchers find this baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my training and experience; there is little question of the likelihood of what the father said happened.

Realistically, the father most likely struck Sherin in a rage or a used an object which resulted in her death on or about 12-3a.

Then, he spent that time period UNTIL 8a cleaning all trace evidence from the crime scene. Which if done thoroughly can be very time consuming. Just ask any crime scene cleanup crews.

At 8a, he developed his false narrative; then notified LE.

Assuming this scenario is accurate we can draw some conclusions that MAY also be accurate.

1. The death was most likely accidental, but intentional; not planned in advance. This was probably a last ditch/botched effort to cover up his murder. And, not because of not drinking milk.

2. The mother(wife) most likely had material knowledge of the abuse and ultimately the murder.

Abuse leading to the death of a child usually has a history and/or footprint. Abuse leading to this magnitude doesn't happen overnight.

The wife's training and experience as a RN would allow her to spot this long before an untrained parent would.

3. The crime scene was most likely inside, not outside. And almost certainly NOT by that damn tree.

4. The body was most likely transported by vehicle.

5. The body most likely will be found openly outside due to the Father's attempt to blame coyotes for the death.

During an investigation, you follow the evidence. Take it where it leads you and develop preliminary theories. Then you can use the initial theory to uncover further evidence to either strengthen or weaken that theory.

Since we have NO access to the evidence but the scraps the media throws at us (which aren't always the most accurate). This leaves us with psychological profiles and developmental speculation.

Mothers of toddlers are very light sleepers. I know, I have two toddler girls as well. It doesn’t ring right to me that she would sleep so long. 8 am is a late wake up time for a mom.

The only caveat would be if she wears earplugs, possibly because her husband snores. But that seems unlikely, particularly if Sherin regularly wakes to eat.

I don’t find a husband knowing how to use a washing machine odd at all, however. And I’d like to add that most Indian American women are well educated (statistically moreso than white American women) and many work in very technical careers. I find the comments about a cowed wife doing all the household chores kind of misguided.

In my training and experience; there is little question of the likelihood of what the father said happened.

Realistically, the father most likely struck Sherin in a rage or a used an object which resulted in her death on or about 12-3a.

Then, he spent that time period UNTIL 8a cleaning all trace evidence from the crime scene. Which if done thoroughly can be very time consuming. Just ask any crime scene cleanup crews.

At 8a, he developed his false narrative; then notified LE.

Assuming this scenario is accurate we can draw some conclusions that MAY also be accurate.

1. The death was most likely accidental, but intentional; not planned in advance. This was probably a last ditch/botched effort to cover up his murder. And, not because of not drinking milk.

2. The mother(wife) most likely had material knowledge of the abuse and ultimately the murder.

Abuse leading to the death of a child usually has a history and/or footprint. Abuse leading to this magnitude doesn't happen overnight.

The wife's training and experience as a RN would allow her to spot this long before an untrained parent would.

3. The crime scene was most likely inside, not outside. And almost certainly NOT by that damn tree.

4. The body was most likely transported by vehicle.

5. The body most likely will be found openly outside due to the Father's attempt to blame coyotes for the death.

During an investigation, you follow the evidence. Take it where it leads you and develop preliminary theories. Then you can use the initial theory to uncover further evidence to either strengthen or weaken that theory.

Since we have NO access to the evidence but the scraps the media throws at us (which aren't always the most accurate). This leaves us with psychological profiles and developmental speculation.

Great post, txleo203! Thank you and welcome to WS!

:welcome:

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”

Sherlock Holmes (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Mothers of toddlers are very light sleepers. I know, I have two toddler girls as well. It doesn’t ring right to me that she would sleep so long. 8 am is a late wake up time for a mom.

The only caveat would be if she wears earplugs, possibly because her husband snores. But that seems unlikely, particularly if Sherin regularly wakes to eat.

I don’t find a husband knowing how to use a washing machine odd at all, however. And I’d like to add that most Indian American women are well educated (statistically moreso than white American women) and many work in very technical careers. I find the comments about a cowed wife doing all the household chores kind of misguided.

I am well educated and I do most of the household chores.

I know what you mean, but pointing out that many men wouldn't do laundry at 3am isn't necessarily a comment about this family's culture but about husbands in general.

AND YES I KNOW that many wonderful husbands do the laundry and perhaps even do it at 3am. (My husband is wonderful, but he doesn't do laundry at 3am...or ever.)

It remains, imo, that a husband doing the laundry is not necessarily the usual thing to expect....at 3am. Maybe we'll discover that he does that chore routinely and allows his wife to sleep through middle-of-the-night drama with their daughter. Doubt it.

jmopinion

I read that here as well but didn't know where that came from and Google searching wasn't much help. Turns out it was in the link of a FB live video from reporter Maria Guerrero posted here just before the sash was mentioned in a post. However, in the report, it does not specify that it was the mother OR that anything was being carried in the sash. Neighbors surveillance videos were being discussed by Guerrero just before this but it does not specify if this is what the neighbor saw himself at 7:27 or what he saw after the fact when reviewing personal surveillance footage. It also doesn't specify which street.

16:30 mark on this video:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1034982916644492&id=431255513683905&_rdr

"We spoke with one neighbor, uh one resident in this subdivision who said at 7:27, he saw who he describes as an Indian woman with like a sash around her chest walking in the street very quickly at 7:27"

(JMO) Could be a different woman entirely, could be the mother looking for her child, or could be the mother up to no good. I'd be interested to know if the sash was a baby wrap or baby sling of somesort or perhaps a piece of traditional clothing?

Catching up, so I don't know--is Sheryn's adopted mom Indian? Or has that been assumed because the child was adopted from India? (Family name of Matthews doesn't seem right for an Indian family, although the Dad looks like he could have come from a number of places).

But, I am also thinking that surveillance video from a variety of sources may prove valuable, considering the cars having been towed away for processing. Dad's story is that during the time between discovering the child was not by the tree and the time he called LE, he was at home doing laundry. If dad went somewhere else, it is likely that one of those cars would show up in a surveillance camera somewhere enroute. And bust his story.

When my kids were little, I was a light sleeper. I only started wearing earplugs as hubby got older and snored louder, but by then all kids were grown.

After hubby retired, he took over doing the laundry, but not while still working and never at 3 am.

Catching up, so I don't know--is Sheryn's adopted mom Indian? Or has that been assumed because the child was adopted from India? (Family name of Matthews doesn't seem right for an Indian family, although the Dad looks like he could have come from a number of places).

I do believe she's also Indian. The family seem to be from the southern Indian state of Kerala which has a fairly significant Christian population. So, the last name of Mathews is actually pretty common there (I'm from there, so I can vouch for that)

If anyone is interested in furthering YOUR theories or suspicions; here are some brief resources to get you started. (These are ebooks you can download on PDF and are offered free to anyone).

CSI
https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/a...ience-communications/fsc/april2000/twgcsi.pdf

Psychological Profiling
https://us.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/upm-binaries/23999_1___Psychological_Profiling.pdf

Homicide Investigation
http://www.policeforum.org/assets/d...gation standard operating procedures 1999.pdf

I do believe she's also Indian. The family seem to be from the southern Indian state of Kerala which has a fairly significant Christian population. So, the last name of Mathews is actually pretty common there (I'm from there, so I can vouch for that)

Welcome to WS! You will be valuable to have on this case and help us understand a culture in ways that it might differ from mainstream America and in ways it doesn't differ. Glad to have you here!

Welcome to WS! You will be valuable to have on this case and help us understand a culture in ways that it might differ from mainstream America and in ways it doesn't differ. Glad to have you here!

Thank you so much! I signed up literally just now precisely because of this case, definitely quite close to home. I'm not as up-to-date with the details as some of you but something strikes me as a bit strange. Adoptions in the Indian community are quite uncommon to begin with, more so when you already have a child (assuming the 4-yr old girl they have is a biological child but I could be wrong). Of course, I could be way off the mark and they may have had only good intentions when adopting a little girl with developmental difficulties

Have I missed anything on a reward being offered? Has anyone offered a reward for information on her whereabouts? Her parents have stayed away from cameras? I haven’t seen any news coverage of them standing with the police begging for the return of their daughter.

:welcome: To the new folks! Thanks for joining up for Sherin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayellekay