DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this was already posted.

Police seized washer, dryer and other items from missing Richardson girl's home
October 18, 2017

RICHARDSON, Texas - Records show what items Richardson police are looking at as they continue to investigate the case of a missing girl.

Search warrant returns obtained by FOX 4 indicate that between Oct. 8 and Oct.13, police took DNA swabs, grass, debris and receipts from three vehicles that belong to 3-year-old Sherin Mathews’ adoptive parents. They also took a flash drive, seat belt and radio equipment from the family’s SUV.

Items taken from their house include vacuum and trash bags, hair fibers, blankets and sheets, shoes, multiple cellphones and laptops, financial and identification records, several wooden spoons and the family’s washer and dryer.

~snip

http://www.fox4news.com/news/police...ther-items-from-missing-richardson-girls-home

How far is the airport from the home??

How far is the airport from the home??

I posted in the last thread that the police said per Maria Guerrero that the airport is not part of the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the laws are different everywhere, but when my ex got bail for DV (among other heinous things) his form was similar except it didn't say no drinking or not drugs, those weren't checked because they had nothing to do with the crimes. Is it standard procedure in Texas to have those boxes checked off? I am quite genuine in this question because with my experience as a victim and seeing this I am immediately believing that a substance was found in the dad at the time of his arrest (or in the house or on his person). So I would love to know if someone knows what is standard there? I believe we have a Verified Attorney here who may be able to answer this for those of us who are from different places? Thank you!!!

I'm not licensed in TX, but in general the judge has large discretion when setting conditions of bail. No alcohol/drugs is a very typical condition in DUIs and other alcohol/drug related crimes, but a judge can really attach that condition to any bail if they want to.

I posted in the last thread that the police said per Maria Guerrero that the airport is not part of the case.

Yes, I remember. My thought is IF poor little Sherin ended up being more than they bargained for is it a possibility that an attempt was being made to send her back somehow. I guess I'm drawing at straws, just hoping that she is still alive.

In an article from India that I posted earlier, about adoptions from other countries, any child adopted has to have a passport. But India was relaxing rules about the documentation needed to get a passport because restrictions were delaying adoptions too much. So they changed the rules to allow the orphanage to certify birth/age, instead of insisting on a birth certificate. So Sherin's age is completely up to interpretation by all these different organizations that have dealt with her. I remember seeing that she was a year old when abandoned by her family, and now this article says she was newborn. We heard she was 2 when adopted, and 1.5, and now 2.5 in this article? Hard to say what is the truth anymore... Except that she was adorable. Those chubby little toddler arms and cheeks!!!

If, as the most recent article states, she was abandoned in the bushes(?) as an infant, then there was no way for anyone to know her exact age or birthdate. I’m sure the NGOs and orphanages have a process for estimating age and recording something like a birth certificate. This seems relatively common for the 20 million orphans in India. According to this, only 0.3% of the 20 million’s parents have actually died, the rest have been abandoned.

www.soschildrensvillages.ca/india-now-home-20-million-orphans-study-finds?amp

I am SO happy they took the washer and the dryer, as well as some items of clothing. I believe that parts of WM's story were based on facts, and I believe one of those facts was that he did laundry, so I think that with how fast they took these items they will be very telling as to what he washed and if it had blood or other debris on it. I am saddened that they removed things from the walls, IMO this indicates that there may have been splatters or stains on them. My house is far from clean so I could see them taking a bunch of stuff from my walls based on kids who have splashed juice and milk and such up the walls and onto things that just haven't gotten cleaned properly in a little while, I really hope that is the case here -less than perfect housekeeping!

I ALMOST feel bad for the mom having had both her children, her husband and all her personal items like phones and stuff taken away. If she is innocent as we are supposed to assume at this point, this would seem like such an incredible loss all around, I could see closing up and not talking to police esp if their may be a language barrier (which I don't think was confirmed or denied), but if there is one she could easily be thinking that her husband spoke to the police and he was arrested and she lost him, her other daughter, has no clue where Sherin is, lost money for the bond (presumably), and then lost her personal items, as many of us know some peoples lives are literally in their devices. Losing one or two wouldn't be completely horrible, but losing them all often means losing all contacts, emails, photos, passwords, access to all of that, plus a feeling of having your privacy invaded. I really can't imagine...

I don't know how warrants work when it comes to electronics, but I assume if she has her banking information preloaded and that sort of thing that they can access it all without a warrant as well?

I'd say it was a wall hanging with the image of a fork and a spoon on it.
I agree, thought there may be blood evidence.
Because it's singular not plural.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

attachment.php

I am surprised no one mentioned item F
Do not have any form of contact, be it in person, by mail, telephone, or any other form of communication with victim / victim family and with any minor child directly or indirectly,for the duration of the Supervision Term.

as well as to remain in Dallas County.

Hmmmm......

I guess she hasn’t been standing by her man after all. :blushing:

Attachments

• 93DF4FB5-29C7-49BF-945D-77C64FE8CC3B.jpeg
    93DF4FB5-29C7-49BF-945D-77C64FE8CC3B.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 563
If, as the most recent article states, she was abandoned in the bushes(?) as an infant, then there was no way for anyone to know her exact age or birthdate. I’m sure the NGOs and orphanages have a process for estimating age and recording something like a birth certificate. This seems relatively common for the 20 million orphans in India. According to this, only 0.3% of the 20 million’s parents have actually died, the rest have been abandoned.

www.soschildrensvillages.ca/india-now-home-20-million-orphans-study-finds%3famp

I am purely speculating here, but I think that the childs birthday would likely be the day they arrived at the orphanage who is doing the initial intake work and then the estimated year of birth or "age" would be assigned based on what the doctors who examine them initially look at. For example, babies do not have knee-caps, from what I recall you have knee caps develop at about the age of 2. The soft spots and the skull plates suture or fuse by certain ages as well, so even on a very petite/undernourished or delayed child, there are certain things physically that should give a fairly good estimate of age with a simple yet thorough physical exam.

Like I said this process is purely speculation and each country orphanage and even doctor may have a completely different idea of assigning a birthdate.

I HATE to compare a child to a dog or cat, but I have rescued many without known birthdays, some were extremely small and the veterinarian was able to give a very good guess to their age. My current cat appeared to only be about 6 weeks when she was dumped, the vet aged her at about 5 months after a thorough physical and said she appeared very undernourished. About a month later she was nearly full grown and went into heat -making the veterinarians estimate extremely accurate.

So even without expensive testing and unnecessary things like xrays, a good Pediatrician should be able to give a fairly accurate age on a child.

I think that the different news things are confusing dates of when she was brought in initially, then switched to the NGO and then adopted and such. I believe they said her birthday was celebrated in late July this year and it was her 3rd birthday.

I am SO happy they took the washer and the dryer, as well as some items of clothing. I believe that parts of WM's story were based on facts, and I believe one of those facts was that he did laundry, so I think that with how fast they took these items they will be very telling as to what he washed and if it had blood or other debris on it. I am saddened that they removed things from the walls, IMO this indicates that there may have been splatters or stains on them. My house is far from clean so I could see them taking a bunch of stuff from my walls based on kids who have splashed juice and milk and such up the walls and onto things that just haven't gotten cleaned properly in a little while, I really hope that is the case here -less than perfect housekeeping!

I ALMOST feel bad for the mom having had both her children, her husband and all her personal items like phones and stuff taken away. If she is innocent as we are supposed to assume at this point, this would seem like such an incredible loss all around, I could see closing up and not talking to police esp if their may be a language barrier (which I don't think was confirmed or denied), but if there is one she could easily be thinking that her husband spoke to the police and he was arrested and she lost him, her other daughter, has no clue where Sherin is, lost money for the bond (presumably), and then lost her personal items, as many of us know some peoples lives are literally in their devices. Losing one or two wouldn't be completely horrible, but losing them all often means losing all contacts, emails, photos, passwords, access to all of that, plus a feeling of having your privacy invaded. I really can't imagine...

I don't know how warrants work when it comes to electronics, but I assume if she has her banking information preloaded and that sort of thing that they can access it all without a warrant as well?

I'm not sure how it works in USA but in UK you wouldn't be able to look at anything on the computer that is 'legal privilege ' ( solicitor/ attorney letters and documents) and they would need a "Judges order" to look at the financial information contained on the computer.

I am purely speculating here, but I think that the childs birthday would likely be the day they arrived at the orphanage who is doing the initial intake work and then the estimated year of birth or "age" would be assigned based on what the doctors who examine them initially look at. For example, babies do not have knee-caps, from what I recall you have knee caps develop at about the age of 2. The soft spots and the skull plates suture or fuse by certain ages as well, so even on a very petite/undernourished or delayed child, there are certain things physically that should give a fairly good estimate of age with a simple yet thorough physical exam.

Like I said this process is purely speculation and each country orphanage and even doctor may have a completely different idea of assigning a birthdate.

I HATE to compare a child to a dog or cat, but I have rescued many without known birthdays, some were extremely small and the veterinarian was able to give a very good guess to their age. My current cat appeared to only be about 6 weeks when she was dumped, the vet aged her at about 5 months after a thorough physical and said she appeared very undernourished. About a month later she was nearly full grown and went into heat -making the veterinarians estimate extremely accurate.

So even without expensive testing and unnecessary things like xrays, a good Pediatrician should be able to give a fairly accurate age on a child.

I think that the different news things are confusing dates of when she was brought in initially, then switched to the NGO and then adopted and such. I believe they said her birthday was celebrated in late July this year and it was her 3rd birthday.

Re kneecaps, I was discussing kneecaps with my kids the other day... Our youngest (kid5) is 2 and kid3 is 11, kneecaps start forming at 3-5 years and are fully formed by 10-12 years old in a normally developing child. They were surprised that it took so long.

I'm searching for these search warrant affidavits with no luck, but I did come across this Dallas County document for WM's EMD. Interesting stuff!

• Work release
  • No alcohol or drugs
  • No deadly weapon possession
  • No contact with victim or victim family
  • No contact with any minor child
  • Remain in Dallas Co. (Richardson)
  • Surrender passport
attachment.php

"Victim/Victim family"
Does this mean he can not have contact with his wife?

Red folder containing church banking documents....
Am I reading this handwriting correctly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces