Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see why with everything they took especially the documents and such, that they also took the older daughter, it seems to me with the documents that they may have thought like was speculated on here several days ago with the rehoming type of thing.

I think that the fact they are doing ground searches and such now means they have steered a different path, but usually, something like a birth certificate wouldn't come up with a missing child or be considered relevant to the case -or relevant enough to ask for warrants to get those types of documents.

Reading the list seems like they had several different theories and have been going over everything to rule things out.

One item that surprised me for a 3-year-old was the changing table cover. The Amber Alert didn't say if she was wearing a diaper or not (I don't know if they normally do?) but I had honestly assumed that at 3 she would be potty trained -or potty trained enough that she wouldn't require a change table anymore, like say if she was using pull-ups or night time diapers. They still haven't said she wasn't potty trained, but this item just struck me as a bit odd to still have in use.

I agree, this is very telling IMO. I think she was harmed due to her father being in a rage. I don't believe the "Milk" story at all.

We have a pile of old phones, a couple incase we need a backup if we have to do an insurance claim and the rest really because they’re too old to be worth selling and my hubby has a friend who worked on iPhone security who told him they’re really impossible to completely wipe. I probably need to go ahead and recycle them or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many phones would be found in my house...lol

So question: (I watch way too many csi type crime shows) when they search a house would they spray luminal first to see if there was blood on something then take it or is that an at the lab type thing?

I bet if they interviewed the four year old they would tell what happened.

The four year old was not at home when Sherin went missing. From what I read, she was at a friend's place.

I quickly googled the Childrens Medical Center Dallas and laptops and what stuck out to me was the fact they mentioned a stolen laptop. A laptop with their name on it was in the evidence collected as was a blackberry phone. It confirmed my thoughts from upthread that a laptop from there shouldn't be out of the building.

This road is so bumpy and twisty. It's like an upside down rollercoaster and it just keeps getting worse!

I really hope that baby Sherin hasn't gone missing because of something else entirely, like money or threats to the family etc. It's bad enough she is gone and I know that these cases are rarely ever clear cut and dry, but this one just keeps putting out more breadcrumbs in different directions!

If it's an actual wooden fork and spoon (I'm assuming it's large as it's a wall hanging), I'm guessing they used it to hit Sherin. I'm just assuming that is the case because my parents are Indian and hitting me with wooden kitchen utensils was common.

My Irish grandma had 10 kids, and she had a very large decorative wooden spoon hanging on the kitchen wall. And I do remember her, many times, grabbing that spoon and saying she was going to use it, but I don't remember seeing any of the kids actually getting hit by it. It was just her way of clearing the kitchen...

Who prepares death certificates? Could a death have been registered on the laptop?

The four year old was not at home when Sherin went missing. From what I read, she was at a friend's place.

This is not correct.

LE confirmed to Maria Guerrero at NBC, that the 4 year old WAS at home. They declined to give any details of if she was awake, heard anything, etc. This was in one of her live report videos.

My thoughts exactly. The MOST they would need would be 4. Unless they had older phones that were not being used/ used only when their parents were here from overseas.

I have a few old, random phones, sitting in the junk drawer. Maybe one or 2 were just old unused phones?

Yesterday (i think, all the days are running together at this point), Maria Guerrero answered some viewer questions and one was if the older sister was home and Maria said that LE had confirmed that she was home at the time.

From personal experience, when I escaped with my children my oldest was only 2.5yrs at the time, and they still interviewed her as she was verbal. I was not present, it was a family lawyer assigned to her, a CPS worker and a female prosecutor present.

I quickly googled the Childrens Medical Center Dallas and laptops and what stuck out to me was the fact they mentioned a stolen laptop. A laptop with their name on it was in the evidence collected as was a blackberry phone. It confirmed my thoughts from upthread that a laptop from there shouldn't be out of the building.

This road is so bumpy and twisty. It's like an upside down rollercoaster and it just keeps getting worse!

I really hope that baby Sherin hasn't gone missing because of something else entirely, like money or threats to the family etc. It's bad enough she is gone and I know that these cases are rarely ever clear cut and dry, but this one just keeps putting out more breadcrumbs in different directions!

I think it seems very odd to have a Hospital laptop in someone's home too. When we were in an ER recently, all of the nurses had small laptops with them and they typed notes into the laptop while talking to my husband. The later, the doctor came with her laptop, and she looked up everything that had happened with us in the past hour. And she typed up her diagnosis and instructions. And then the insurance guy came by with his laptop, and printed up a receipt etc.

I would be very upset if our medical history, which the doctor had access to when she was treating my husband, was on that lady top and it was in some nurses home, away from the hospital. Something is off, imo.

LE told Maria Guerrero that they do know who the last person to see her is, and when they saw her...but they will not elaborate on that.

bbm

Since the default assumption (according to the dad's story) is that the dad last saw her out at the tree, the fact that LE knows who that person is but won't comment on that makes me wonder if they know someone *else* last saw her (perhaps tied in with that drive at 4 am).

Three scenarios come to mind:
1) a witness (the only one we are aware of being the guy whose video was viewed 5x who described what he saw in the video with the car "whizzing" by)

2) someone in collusion with WM who maybe met up with him that night

3) the Acura driver who was someone other than WM

JMO, IMO

Nice sleuthing MarisaS!

It IS odd that would be taken from the workplace. I'm guessing it is for the contents vs the laptop itself.

My wheels are turning only slightly.
When was a laptop reported missing? Does it have a date listed as well from wherever you were able to pull that info up?

So question: (I watch way too many csi type crime shows) when they search a house would they spray luminal first to see if there was blood on something then take it or is that an at the lab type thing?

If I recall correctly they generally don't use luminol as a first line of checking as it can remove the DNA.

It is more likely that they used the swabs that change color, its the Kastle-Meyer test. You swab a surface with a q-tip type swab and then use a droplet of a reagent and then I believe a droplet of peroxide if it turns pink quickly it is considered to be positive for human blood.

It was my assumption that this test was likely used and that is the reason for the random items that were removed from the home.

Perhaps there was a splatter of some sort on the wall hanging and this swab was positive? That would give a reason for them seizing this item versus seizing ALL photos and decorative wall items.

I do think if they have reason to believe she lost a lot of blood that they would go back into the house, they may tear up flooring/carpets or they may use a luminol type of spray.

I would THINK they did do a few quick swabs of the floors and didn't find anything or we would see things like throw rugs and carpets on the list of things removed from the home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member