Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The head of the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) said Wednesday that India will derecognise US adoption agency Holt International if it finds any lapses in its follow-up reports on three-year-old Sherin Mathews, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances in Texas."

Holt International is an authorised foreign adoption agency (AFAA), which carried out the mandatory pre-adoption home study and the post-adoption follow-ups in the case of the girl, who was adopted from Gaya, Bihar.

“We had received positive recommendations (about the family), which is why we allowed the adoption in the first place,” CARA CEO Deepak Kumar told ThePrint.

https://theprint.in/2017/10/25/us-adoption-agency-punished-sherin-mathews-death/

Holt has a very good reputation for ethics and support on the US side.

I think it is important to remember that a positive home study does not necessarily mean that things won't go wrong or people aren't monsters.

The statement was from her attorney on her behalf:

"”Now that Mr. Mathews has turned himself into the police and told them what happened to Sherin, we see no need for Mrs. Mathews to endure further police interrogation," the statement said. "She had nothing to do with Sherin's death or the removal of her body from the home."
Since she is grieving for her lost daughter and "struggling to pick up the pieces of a shattered life," her attorney said they will not be conducting any interviews or releasing any information at this time.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know, I've not read nor heard anything about the father making a statement that the mother was not involved in any way. So, why would LE just stop investigating to get to the truth. It is a known fact that the father is a bold-face liar so why would LE believe his word anyway.

The best example that immediately came to my mind when I read the post above was Victoria Martens. I don’t think I personally have ever seen a child with more “spark”. ..

That's exactly who I was thinking about when I read that post about the supposed spark. We know that poor little Victoria died horrible death and was allegedly abused prior to death, yet in her photos she looked happy and smiling. You can't make conclusions that the child was happy and not abused based on some photos and videos that only depict a small part of child's life.

There are lots of crimes of biological parents on their natural children that are also horrific.

I agree! I was replying to a comment about being able to deceive who one really is when adopting. By no means was I intending to singling out adoptive parents.

If Sini is indeed involved somehow, she probably figures that she has nothing to lose by not co-operating. The only way something can be proven is if the police can find some actual evidence to suggest her involvement, I don't she's gonna talk of her own free will

How old is the Matthew's biological child? The reason that I'm asking is that CPS has very skilled caseworkers, psychologists, & psychiatrists that are very talented in eliciting information from a child about life in their home. I wouldn't want the poor child to have to testify, but I'm sure they will be recording interviews with the child that could be used in an affidavit. Children can be painfully honest if someone knows the correct way to question them. I know this because I once worked for a residential treatment center for abused & neglected children & one thing stuck in my memory. One little boy had an unsupervised family visit over the Thanksgiving holiday. When he returned to the RTC, a counselor asked him if he had a good Thanksgiving dinner. The child replied, "Oh yeah, it was great". Then the counselor asked him what he had to eat for Thanksgiving. The child replied, "We had tuna out of the can & crackers".

BBM

The statement was from her attorney on her behalf:

"”Now that Mr. Mathews has turned himself into the police and told them what happened to Sherin, we see no need for Mrs. Mathews to endure further police interrogation," the statement said. "She had nothing to do with Sherin's death or the removal of her body from the home."
Since she is grieving for her lost daughter and "struggling to pick up the pieces of a shattered life," her attorney said they will not be conducting any interviews or releasing any information at this time.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, now that Mr. Mathews has turned himself into the police and told them (his version of) what happened to Sherin, I see no need for anyone to evade further police interviews. The attorney's logic makes no sense to me. Why wouldn't anyone assist in any possible way to seek justice on little Sherin's behalf? This baby is not expendable, Mr. Attorney!

Wow! I either missed a lot, the police are giving India government more info then the US, or this reporter is making things up. http://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...cle_6c7f67b8-b9bf-11e7-8b97-f7a059ba587d.html

From this article, information about the adoption reports!!!
According to the Child Adoption Resource Authority, the nodal body for adoption in India, timely follow-up reports were sent to it from Holt International, the authorized foreign adoption agency in the U.S., which was overseeing Sherin's case.
A top CARA official said that four reports were submitted to it between September 2016 and June 2017, indicating that the child was "comfortable,” "secure" and "adjusting well.”

Wow! I either missed a lot, the police are giving India government more info then the US, or this reporter is making things up. http://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...cle_6c7f67b8-b9bf-11e7-8b97-f7a059ba587d.html

Most of the things that are new to us come from Sgt. Kevin Perlich, who says Sini Mathews is under investigation. That doesn't sound like the reporter is making anything up. The statement from the Sini's lawyer today is a direct response to the police asking her to be interviewed again. All my opinion.

He makes it seem way too peaceful for someone choking to death. I find that very creepy.

My thoughts exactly. I just imagined a child choking. I see tears running down her eyes, lots of coughing and reaching out to her dad for help, loud breathing.......not slow breathing with someone checking her pulse during the whole episode.

I don't think it was a cup And I don't think it was milk. He admitted that she choked, because the body might show evidence she choked. So he had to make up an excuse for why she choked. But in my opinion, he put something else down her throat in that garage. People drink milk in kitchens. People take three-year-olds into the garage at 3 AM to do horrible things.

I'm thinking the same thing. OMG.
That poor adorable sweet baby.
This whole case makes me so sad, and angry. At both parental units.
I understand Sini is not charged with anything. But GD why is she Not speaking with L.E.? The very ones working so diligently for little Sherin. Why is she Not the voice for her child, dead child? Especially knowing her line of work. I understand she doesn't have to speak to them regarding her Scummy husband, but holy Lord, why wouldn't she?
Like I said before the police would not be able to get rid of me, and they would not be able to shut me up if it were one of my kids. Because I would raise bloody HELL. Until justice is served.

He didn't try to kill himself when he was out on bond, did he? What makes them think he'll try it now?

He's not emotionally suicidal, he's likely just had his first taste of how other prisoners view alleged child-killers, and suddenly suicide looks like the easy way out.

I'm thinking the same thing. OMG.
That poor adorable sweet baby.
This whole case makes me so sad, and angry. At both parental units.
I understand Sini is not charged with anything. But GD why is she Not speaking with L.E.? The very ones working so diligently for little Sherin. Why is she Not the voice for her child, dead child? Especially knowing her line of work. I understand she doesn't have to speak to them regarding her Scummy husband, but holy Lord, why wouldn't she?
Like I said before the police would not be able to get rid of me, and they would not be able to shut me up if it were one of my kids. Because I would raise bloody HELL. Until justice is served.

I also am trying to figure this out. Is she afraid that she will incriminate herself and worst case, get herself arrested for involvement in Sherin's death or is she afraid she will incriminate herself to the point that she will never get her bio daughter back. I'm having a problem with trying to justify her not speaking at all if she is indeed innocent of any wrongdoing. JMO

I also am trying to figure this out. Is she afraid that she will incriminate herself and worst case, get herself arrested for involvement in Sherin's death or is she afraid she will incriminate herself to the point that she will never get her bio daughter back. I'm having a problem with trying to justify her not speaking at all if she is indeed innocent of any wrongdoing. JMO

Maybe she's grieving and has told them everything she knows and is tired of answering their questions. It sounds like she's spent a lot of time with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OKseeker