Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't yet know what was purchased at Cosco, ìt hasn't been reported.
Gotchya. I thought the Costco receipt showed a mat was purchased.
Still. I can't fathom how any parent would not be freaking out, and demanding answers, or calling police.
With all the evedence, and his supposedly leaving her outside with coyotes.
I would be a serious force to be reconed with.

I am trying to think of another case where an innocent mother who's child was first missing, and then later found murdered who refused to speak to police. I am drawing a blank at the moment.

IMO

Exactly! IMO it's because she vomited in the missing vehicle and he has to have a reason to explain a reason why the vomit wasn't where her car seat was.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I don't like to speculate, but if this child did indeed throw up in a car, then she was not dead when he removed her from the house. Who would ever trust this man to care for any child if he cannot think clearly enough to wake his R.N. wife or call 9/11 when a child is choking? This will slowly unravel and hopefully the truth will come out. God bless this child, too many adults failed her!

Just thinking, maybe Sini's lack of cooperation is just pure shock. Maybe there was no abuse that she knew of or towards her personally. It would be complete shock horror and just the inability to know how to think or feel. If a child died while with someone I loved and trusted and had no idea had a dark side.. I would probably be really difficult as well. Maybe we all and LE thinks she knows more but maybe she doesn't. The pressure to talk when there's nothing to talk about and going through such a trauma I can imagine is extremely agonizing as well. It would cause me a complete shutdown. Now I'm not saying that is the case but IMO it is a possibility. If that makes sense, not trying to be difficult or look like she's hiding something but that's how it is coming off because she literally does not know what to do other than get a lawyer because you think you should.

I totally agree!! IMO Sini will likely talk at a very random time when her brain allows for it. She may get up in the middle of the night and think OMG I NEED TO DO THIS and call and ask to make a middle of the night statement. I wonder if she even has any idea of how much time has passed...

When my cousin was missing for 3 days it felt like 3 years, when his body was found my aunt went into shock and needed sedated. The Priest was there, people were bringing food because the close family which is about 30 of us, couldn't figure out to feed ourselves. We were literally all going through the motions. LE was in and out and the funeral was a week after he had been found. I remember the days as one big day/blur and I don't remember there being nights, I remember darkness, but not rest, no one going to bed, none of us kids being put in the bath or following a normal routine etc.

I can't imagine how Sini's mind is functioning when she has lost everyone close to her, from her immediate family, to actual friends, church family, possessions, and the threats and stuff seem to have also forced her out of her home (as to my knowledge MSM has said they haven't seen anyone there since the day the Lexus pulled in and Sini's dad said no comment while closing the garage)... Maybe she doesn't even realize that its been more than two weeks since her nightmare began. Maybe she is being medicated by a physician to help her cope....

I am praying he is wrong. It would be a terrible injustice to never find out exactly what all happened to Sherin when she was killed.

I would think it would be somewhat cooler in a dark culvert (like being entombed) where there isn't any sun since heat is the main factor that rapidly speeds up decomp. I also hope the pathologist (ME) will be able to gather evidence not only from her body, but her clothing as well.

IMO

I share your hope.

However, I recall the Brian Schaffer case (Columbus, Ohio). There was quite some passage of time between disappearance and being found in a river. There are still so many unanswered questions as the body was judged to have been in the water for awhile (although possibly not the whole time he was missing). As I recall, nothing meaningful from toxicology. COD was never fully determined. Couldn't even rule in or rule out drowning as a cause of death.

Let's hope for something more enlightening in this case.

While I agree it's stooping low, I don't think people are ready to rally around the mom for a couple of reasons....one big one being that Richardson police are having to ask her in a very public method to speak to them. I know for me, if I've lost one child, my other one is taken away from me, my husband is guilty of heinous crimes...at that point, I would feel like I have nothing left to lose by talking to the police and I know the few people I have talked to who are local to the area feel the same way. It's hard to have sympathy for someone when you feel their actions may be hindering an investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand people not wanting to jump in and help her, but I guess my thought is, if you can't treat her how you would want to be treated, or if you don't have anything nice to say, then just don't do it. Again, does it really help anyone feel better? Do people who do this go home at night and think all proudly to themselves "i got that woman good by leaving milk on her porch"?

A REMINDER: Sherin's mother has not been charged with a crime and has not been named a suspect or POI. LE has stated more arrests may follow. They supply no names or reasons for saying that.

You can doubt the story presented by Sherin's father (VIA LE and MSM) and pick it apart to your heart's content.

Likewise, pick apart every single word about, by or on behalf of Sherin's mother as reported by the MSM.

You may NOT suggest Sherin's mother is guilty of murder, knowing about it, covering for it, not grieving it properly, and so forth. TOS state she is a victim. Anytime you feel you need to refresh your memory it's in the opening post.

If charges are filed against her in future that will change. But for now, cool it with the suggestion that mom is guilty, needs to be tried etc etc.

A REMINDER: Sherin's mother has not been charged with a crime and has not been named a suspect or POI. LE has stated more arrests may follow. The supply no names or reasons for saying that.

You can doubt the story presented by Sherin's father (VIA LE and MSM) and pick it apart to your heart's content.

Likewise, pick apart every single word about, by or on behalf of Sherin's mother as reported by the MSM.

You may NOT suggest Sherin's mother is guilty of murder, knowing about it, covering for it, not grieving it properly, and so forth. TOS state she is a victim. Anytime you feel you need to refresh your memory it's in the opening post.

If charges are filed against her in future that will change. But for now, cool it with the suggestion that mom is guilty, needs to be tried etc etc.

Continued deep appreciation for the moderators on WS. It's a jungle out there, people!

A REMINDER: Sherin's mother has not been charged with a crime and has not been named a suspect or POI. LE has stated more arrests may follow. The supply no names or reasons for saying that.

Continued deep appreciation for the moderators on WS. It's a jungle out there, people!

I am praying he is wrong. It would be a terrible injustice to never find out exactly what all happened to Sherin when she was killed.

I would think it would be somewhat cooler in a dark culvert (like being entombed) where there isn't any sun since heat is the main factor that rapidly speeds up decomp. I also hope the pathologist (ME) will be able to gather evidence not only from her body, but her clothing as well.

IMO

I have a feeling that being underground as she was likely did help preserve her a little bit. I think it was in Maria Guerrero's live stream yesterday that she said that LE did say that the rain the night before helped to bring to surface any smells that the dogs likely had missed on the first go around. I have since heard from other people visiting that there is a very distinct odor and to not go to the culvert memorial if you are not prepared for this. Yet, people had been walking in the area and such daily while she was gone... there wasn't much water in the culvert from the pictures I have seen, so it does seem more than plausible IMO that the rain and wind was enough. Where, if she was out in the sun and heat the whole time given her size, I could see her already being past a point of odor in the decomp process, rather than it just finally being noticed.

Also, and this is clearly more graphic, even if decomp was severe, they will be looking at bacteria growth as well as larvae and the different life stages of any bugs found on her to help determine time of death and possibly even cause.

I have watched archaeology shows where they can determine a COD on a mummy thats 3000 years old... science is absolutely amazing, and I can't see two weeks being anywhere near long enough to have removed all soft tissue evidence...

"The head of the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) said Wednesday that India will derecognise US adoption agency Holt International if it finds any lapses in its follow-up reports on three-year-old Sherin Mathews, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances in Texas."

Holt International is an authorised foreign adoption agency (AFAA), which carried out the mandatory pre-adoption home study and the post-adoption follow-ups in the case of the girl, who was adopted from Gaya, Bihar.

“We had received positive recommendations (about the family), which is why we allowed the adoption in the first place,” CARA CEO Deepak Kumar told ThePrint.

https://theprint.in/2017/10/25/us-adoption-agency-punished-sherin-mathews-death/

Thank you! I had thought that previously and removed one of my posts just to be on the safe side.

While I agree it's stooping low, I don't think people are ready to rally around the mom for a couple of reasons....one big one being that Richardson police are having to ask her in a very public method to speak to them. I know for me, if I've lost one child, my other one is taken away from me, my husband is guilty of heinous crimes...at that point, I would feel like I have nothing left to lose by talking to the police and I know the few people I have talked to who are local to the area feel the same way. It's hard to have sympathy for someone when you feel their actions may be hindering an investigation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.firstpost.com/world/sher...-possible-police-have-solid-case-4170713.html
Well this could help explain why people are not rallying behind her.

I share your hope.

However, I recall the Brian Schaffer case (Columbus, Ohio). There was quite some passage of time between disappearance and being found in a river. There are still so many unanswered questions as the body was judged to have been in the water for awhile (although possibly not the whole time he was missing). As I recall, nothing meaningful from toxicology. COD was never fully determined. Couldn't even rule in or rule out drowning as a cause of death.

Let's hope for something more enlightening in this case.

Who are you talking about? Brian Shaffer was never found. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Brian_Shaffer

I'm just reading one of the older news reports and how it says that Sherin was non-verbal... yet, we saw video of her singing, I think it was Happy Birthday, and her church said that she always sang and loved the songs taught in Sunday school. So, how does this make her non-verbal? Was this something the parents said to throw LE off? Maybe hoping that they wouldn't bother calling her name as they would assume they wouldn't hear her respond?
I am really struggling with her diagnosis. They said she is non-verbal, had developmental issues, and an eating disorder in the first few hours of her being missing... yet two plus weeks later we still don't know about a diagnosis, we have the orphanage saying she was a good eater and drinker, and we have seen video of her singing. I am sure that she may have something underlying that isn't visible, but then I wonder why they put that into the missing persons report.
Its my thoughts that they put in whatever WM (daddy) told them. Its clearly not what are seeing. I think he told them that to add to his story. Why? I dont know. She was such a darling little girl and shd re inds me of Zoey on Little Couple. Beautiful child and I hate that she is no longer with us. MOO

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

"The head of the Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) said Wednesday that India will derecognise US adoption agency Holt International if it finds any lapses in its follow-up reports on three-year-old Sherin Mathews, who was found dead in mysterious circumstances in Texas."

Holt International is an authorised foreign adoption agency (AFAA), which carried out the mandatory pre-adoption home study and the post-adoption follow-ups in the case of the girl, who was adopted from Gaya, Bihar.

“We had received positive recommendations (about the family), which is why we allowed the adoption in the first place,” CARA CEO Deepak Kumar told ThePrint.

https://theprint.in/2017/10/25/us-adoption-agency-punished-sherin-mathews-death/

I saw that article. That's a pretty big IF contained therein.

Holt has been around in international adoption for a very long time and has a pretty go rep.

But the reality is that the real life actual people who carry out home studies are not psychic. Having been through several myself, they can range from intrusively thorough to perfunctory. And I don't know that either could absolutely and in every case identify potential abusers or even bad parents. One such study, conducted by the local CPS was conducted by a couple of jaded social workers (it was called a "group home study" meaning a class that seemed to be designed to scare off anyone who might not be "ready" for one of "their" kids) whose prior work experience removing kids from families seemed to have convinced them that all of us were either too naive or too evil to be proper parents. I wish I could believe that the huge application packet, and the physical exam and the credit check and the VD test and the walk through my house from attic to basement and the interview with my other child was truly helpful to them (and as a single person I got off without having to discuss my relationship with a spouse or my sex life). End of the day, the one county in my state that was able to get the rate of adoption disruptions (that's what they call it when the adoption gets cancelled out for some reason) down to zero was the one that put enormous effort into the other side--follow up and support for families after adoption. Which suggests to me that maybe, while home study agencies cannot accurately predict which families will be trouble, perhaps bad things can be prevented anyway.

IMO.

I strongly suspect neither law enforcement nor the public will ever hear anything from Sini Matthews.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/sher...-possible-police-have-solid-case-4170713.html
Well this could help explain why people are not rallying behind her.

Or not. The PD has been fairly vague in stating that there could be changes in charges and other arrests of other people--based on their analysis of the evidence.

There has been ongoing chatter among folks who discuss such things elsewhere basically gossiping about various other persons/organizations touching on Sherin's life, and some of it has been ugly--up to and included the church telling Maria Guerrero about having received threats. So, I put the milk on the front doorstep in pretty much the same category of meanness based on things that various people believe that they know.

If PD issues another statement, I'm all ears. Til then no need to either rally behind or condemn anybody who has not already been identified by them.

I understand people not wanting to jump in and help her, but I guess my thought is, if you can't treat her how you would want to be treated, or if you don't have anything nice to say, then just don't do it. Again, does it really help anyone feel better? Do people who do this go home at night and think all proudly to themselves "i got that woman good by leaving milk on her porch"?

No matter what anyone's personal feelings are toward SM, I agree that leaving the milk on her porch was in very bad taste. I feel like it's making a mockery of Sherin's death. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar