Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sini may be uninvolved in this. WM may have been mentally abusive and cruel to her. Sini may have tried repeatedly to get into the punishment he handed out to the girls, only to find herself slugged, beaten and mentally belittered more. Most women don't know what to do when they find themselves in this situation.

Can you imagine to awaken and discover your husband had made your child disappear ?? What horror and what a nightmare! Me, I'd be screaming, and pounding on him! A doctor would have to sedate me and get him out of my sight! Everyone isn't as reactive as I am, however, this Mama Bear will go bat crazy if one of my Baby Bears are touched!

Sini must have been sedated in the courtroom on Monday. I was proud of her no reaction to being in the same room with WM.

My response to her not talking to LE again is she has told them everything she knows or everything WM told her to say. She doesn't know how to answer the new questions. She doesn't know and is Leary of trick questions LE will ask to confuse her.

Would you remember the exact way you phrased a sentence the first time they questioned her? Exactly, that is what they are trying to do! Sini needs to stick with her attorney's advice.

Wonder if the autopsy is going to show inconclusive results. That would be a big deterrent in proving the charges on WM. What do you think?

I completely agree... she has no reason to go in and risk a single inconsistency. If she so much as said that she was in bed at 9 the first time and this time says 9:15, they could use that to say she is changing her story... Someone before said she may remember something now that she hadn't before, but in the eyes of LE that could easily be seen as her being evasive or lying the first time, or this time...

And like I said before, as a VICTIM I was questioned several times. They used a typical two chair room with a camera aimed at me, and no real offer of food or water or washroom breaks. Within one week I think I was questioned 3 times and the SHORTEST "interview" was 14 hours long. They wrote everything down and would ask the same questions over and over in different ways trying to trip me up... I can't imagine what it's like to be treated as a suspect... Heck, when I had a customer follow me home from work one day and I went to LE to explain it was about 4 hours. They wanted to know every contact we had, when I first noticed him, when he first spoke to me... etc. I wasn't pressing charges etc, I simply wanted them to let this guy know that he cannot be showing up on my doorstep... What irks me most about that instance was they finished by saying "yeah this guy does this to a lot of women in town but hasn't done anything dangerous yet" as if to say I shouldn't be concerned... I later found out he had been IN my house multiple times before he had actually knocked on my door that night... I love our LE here, they work with me well, remember names, know what I went through and all of that in my past, are very friendly, but procedure is procedure so I can't imagine Sini going through anything less traumatic than I did, esp when her case involves a child being missing/presumed dead/found deceased.

I am unfamiliar with customs of many different countries, and the recent posts cause me to ask this question. In their culture, would it be considered the husband's duty to fall on the sword for something his spouse did? Especially to ensure a child had its mother?

I'm Indian and know the culture quite well. Co sleeping is definitely a common practice. In saying that, it's only common because many households in India only have a single bedroom. Considering they lived in the US, Sherin could have had her own bedroom and slept there.

It is definitely not the husband's duty to cover for his wife. If anything, he would leave her in a heartbeat and be married the next month to another woman.

Having a good family reputation is however quite a big deal. I personally feel Sini is not saying anything because she doesn't want to give herself or her family a bad reputation. Because of what is happening to the Mathews, the extended family will all have a bad reputation due to them and will be avoided by the Indian society.

Sini saying anything bad about Wesley goes against all cultural norms no matter what the situation is.

Please note I am only speculating as I come from the same culture and am saying what my family would do in a similar situation.

I dont believe those are the actual floorplans of 919 Sunningdale..... (Not that it couldnt be similar or that their master bedroom could in fact be far from the garage)

I am sure they aren't the exact plans, but based on what we have seen of the house it really does look like it would be very similar, based on where the windows are that we see on the front and the way the yard is fenced and where the garage is located on the back... I am sure there are houses with a similar shape and a vastly different layout, but it makes the most sense to have the kitchen or livingroom on the side with the fence for watching kids play (rather than a bedroom) and most homes tend to be more of an open layout now, which this layout seems to have. Again, I know it could be different, but this one definitely makes sense based on what we can see from the outside, where the garage door into the house is on the video and so on... I would think in the very least that that would open to a laundry room...

I'm Indian and know the culture quite well. Co sleeping is definitely a common practice. In saying that, it's only common because many households in India only have a single bedroom. Considering they lived in the US, Sherin could have had her own bedroom and slept there.

It is definitely not the husband's duty to cover for his wife. If anything, he would leave her in a heartbeat and be married the next month to another woman.

Having a good family reputation is however quite a big deal. I personally feel Sini is not saying anything because she doesn't want to give herself or her family a bad reputation. Because of what is happening to the Mathews, the extended family will all have a bad reputation due to them and will be avoided by the Indian society.

Sini saying anything bad about Wesley goes against all cultural norms no matter what the situation is.

Please note I am only speculating as I come from the same culture and am saying what my family would do in a similar situation.

Thank you for this insight!

Cultural speaking, is it fair to say that this "shame" would be quite similar to how we see some religious sects shun people who have brought shame or broken rules etc?

As in, would Sini be facing basically being disowned at this point because of WM? Would her own family be likely to participate in this or just the Mathews side? IF they are following cultural norms.

Sini may be uninvolved in this. WM may have been mentally abusive and cruel to her. Sini may have tried repeatedly to get into the punishment he handed out to the girls, only to find herself slugged, beaten and mentally belittered more. Most women don't know what to do when they find themselves in this situation.

Can you imagine to awaken and discover your husband had made your child disappear ?? What horror and what a nightmare! Me, I'd be screaming, and pounding on him! A doctor would have to sedate me and get him out of my sight! Everyone isn't as reactive as I am, however, this Mama Bear will go bat crazy if one of my Baby Bears are touched!

Sini must have been sedated in the courtroom on Monday. I was proud of her no reaction to being in the same room with WM.

My response to her not talking to LE again is she has told them everything she knows or everything WM told her to say. She doesn't know how to answer the new questions. She doesn't know and is Leary of trick questions LE will ask to confuse her.

Would you remember the exact way you phrased a sentence the first time they questioned her? Exactly, that is what they are trying to do! Sini needs to stick with her attorney's advice.

Wonder if the autopsy is going to show inconclusive results. That would be a big deterrent in proving the charges on WM. What do you think?

I think if that happens I will be sick because it means people got away with killing an innocent child without anyone having to know the truth.

I also think that as a Mom, If nothing ELSE Sini does is odd/abnormal behavior, not looking for your child who is missing for days is mind boggling.

That last just struck me ... her charming baby talk ? Makes me wonder if she simply had speech delays due to learning a new language ? Or if she even did ? Would sure love to know how her pediatrician saw her developmentally ? My grandson was speech delayed until he was 3 1/2 . The only person that could communicate with him was me . And every single day my name that he referred to me by was different .
I know I am part of a huge crowd waiting for more information . Sweet little Sherin deserves this more than anyone else .

Sherin would have learned Hindi(language spoken in Bihar) when in the orphanage. When she moved to the US, she would have been exposed to Malayalam (language parents spoke) and English (language spoken outside the home). Any child would have speech delays in this situation.

A possible third reason comes to mind...that he has a very strong need to protect another involved party for whatever reason (remember, LE was saying there might be another arrest or arrests). That reason might be because the accomplice might be someone he's close to, OR, (less likely but also possible) an accomplice might be threatening him to take the fall for the entire thing or harm will come to people he cares about.

WM's quickness to implicate himself (twice now) with a story that is as heinous as it is ludicrous is unusual IMO. It is one of the main reasons why I think he did not act alone, in fact. His actions and statements, while illogical, also seem calculated and diversionary to me.

I always like your posts.:loveyou:

Thank you for this insight!

Cultural speaking, is it fair to say that this "shame" would be quite similar to how we see some religious sects shun people who have brought shame or broken rules etc?

As in, would Sini be facing basically being disowned at this point because of WM? Would her own family be likely to participate in this or just the Mathews side? IF they are following cultural norms.

IF they are following cultural norms, Sini's family would also disown her. A single mother whose husband is in jail for murder brings a lot of dishonour on her family.

My Indian family disowned me in my mid 20's as I was still unmarried and brought shame on the family.

IF they are following cultural norms, Sini's family would also disown her. A single mother whose husband is in jail for murder brings a lot of dishonour on her family.

My Indian family disowned me in my mid 20's as I was still unmarried and brought shame on the family.

Thanks! That is really sad but culture is culture and we really do see it even here among certain church groups.

Sorry to hear about your own family though :( That's an incredible amount of pressure to put on someone. I hope you are happy with how things have turned out for you!!!

I so know that feeling, when I've missed something like that. However, a high paid, high power attorney, in this case which is receiving incredible scrutiny.... not good form. If there job is to rehabilitate the mother's perception in the public eye, they missed the mark with a small error like that. IMO.

their job

This is actually something that bugs me a lot, why call 911 at all?? It would have been soooo easy to have told the church that Sherin was with family out of town and that it was fairly last minute. It would have been easy to say to the daycare "we decided that having her around family right now is better for her needs, especially since we are having trouble getting her to eat at home" and removed her from daycare/school as its NOT a legal requirement for a 3 year old to be in school... How long could they have gone before someone had reported her missing? Who knows, but I am sure nearly 20 days later we still wouldn't have seen an Amber Alert at this point... I know that's morbid, but it really would have been easier for them as a family to NOT call 911 and say she was with her grandparents or someone then to have come up with the first weird story... Which is why I am shocked that it was WM that called LE in the first place... HOWEVER, maybe when Sini woke up she panicked and she was going to call and in an attempt to control the situation and hopefully diffuse it WM decided calling 911 would be the best chance he had at getting away with it and then his conscious or the questions or both got to him... Clearly, JMO
Do we know yet who called 911?

This is actually something that bugs me a lot, why call 911 at all?? It would have been soooo easy to have told the church that Sherin was with family out of town and that it was fairly last minute. It would have been easy to say to the daycare "we decided that having her around family right now is better for her needs, especially since we are having trouble getting her to eat at home" and removed her from daycare/school as its NOT a legal requirement for a 3 year old to be in school... How long could they have gone before someone had reported her missing? Who knows, but I am sure nearly 20 days later we still wouldn't have seen an Amber Alert at this point... I know that's morbid, but it really would have been easier for them as a family to NOT call 911 and say she was with her grandparents or someone then to have come up with the first weird story... Which is why I am shocked that it was WM that called LE in the first place... HOWEVER, maybe when Sini woke up she panicked and she was going to call and in an attempt to control the situation and hopefully diffuse it WM decided calling 911 would be the best chance he had at getting away with it and then his conscious or the questions or both got to him... Clearly, JMO

Making her disappear with a cover story like that would have required collusion of Sini. I don't think she was in on his subterfuge, although I cannot imagine exactly what he must have told her.

I am sure they aren't the exact plans, but based on what we have seen of the house it really does look like it would be very similar, based on where the windows are that we see on the front and the way the yard is fenced and where the garage is located on the back... I am sure there are houses with a similar shape and a vastly different layout, but it makes the most sense to have the kitchen or livingroom on the side with the fence for watching kids play (rather than a bedroom) and most homes tend to be more of an open layout now, which this layout seems to have. Again, I know it could be different, but this one definitely makes sense based on what we can see from the outside, where the garage door into the house is on the video and so on... I would think in the very least that that would open to a laundry room...
BBM
It could open to the laundry room, it could open to the kitchen, a mudroom or foyer or living room or small hallway. All we know is how many/where the windows are located, the fenced in yard and garage. No idea what the inside floorplan is and the possibilities are numerous. We don't even know if each window represents a different room or if 2 windows represent one large room, etc.

Making her disappear with a cover story like that would have required collusion of Sini. I don't think she was in on his subterfuge, although I cannot imagine exactly what he must have told her.

Not necessarily... it has been rumored that a woman was walking in the alley during the 7am hour, no one has identified this as Sini, but if she woke up and WM said "i gave her milk and went to check on her and she was gone" Sini may have ran out of the house to look up and down the alley and rushed back in, at this point he may have realized he wasn't going to get away with "she will come back on her own" and told her that he would call 911... he could have had her get the other child presentable for LE coming or told her to go get dressed (we don't know what she was wearing, just speculating she likely was dressed), LE came and she heard for the first time that her daughter went missing while drinking milk at 3am and not her breakfast.... No collusion at all... WM was arrested almost immediately after LE would have been done asking him about her disappearance, any other info would have been given to Sini via LE and eventually the way we all have obtained it...
I simply do not see there being much time AT ALL between the time Sini woke, to the time 911 was called and while I don't know response time as it changes everywhere, I would THINK it prob wasn't more than 10 minutes for an officer to be on scene and blocking things off... With the 8:12 call in time, I speculate Sini had an alarm set for about 8... and we do not know if it was her in the alley as that is just rumor and of course, witnesses aren't always accurate with the exact time, esp on weekends when things are more laid back and less scheduled for many.
Of course, just speculation and my own opinion...

I am thinking it may be more that the India government is involved and wants answers. They are getting these reports and sharing with the news media there as they aren't as concerned with what the US law enforcement is concerned with. Anytime something like this happens the government the child comes from takes it serious and may threaten to stop adoptions to this country if they don't get answers. There is a lot on the line and if another government deserves the info they will get it and the US cannot control how they use it. The link I posted earlier with info on the post-adoption reports and the eating issues is being run in all India's big news outlets. But India would have those reports anyway because they were sent to them.

Might account for LE sharing info with the Indian govt (although possibly not this early in an investigation). But the article was written by a journalist, at least giving the impression of having spoken to various LE folks. Maria Guerrero seems to be able to get questions answered directly--even though many answers are that they are not going to share that info at this time.

I think I read (correct me if I'm mistaken) that SM has weekly visits with her daughter, not sure which day though, so not sure if she has seen her daughter since Sundays discovery....

I wonder if the older sister has been told the news yet. Her little heart must be more confused and hurting even more if she has. :(

Would depend on whathow much. I have severe PTSD from my past (which you may have read a bit about in some of my previous posts) and as a result I take several prescribed sleep medications. Even with fairly high doses, I still hear when my child calls my name, and I wake to fully alert when they do so. I am not stumbling around slurring my words sort of thing. BUT, if this was not my "normal" my body would clearly respond differently, so I am saying she MAY take a sleep aid nightly, therefore she would still likely be perfectly functioning if a child were to be up sick and needing extra help, calling her name and so on, but otherwise she would be in a sleep-state where whatever "normal" sounds in her house wouldn't generally affect her. That is the case with how my medications work for me.

Something else that just came to mind is some of my own medications say that they can also be used to treat seizures and other disorders. We do not know Sini's medical history but if she is prone to something like seizures she may take a medication every night that does carry the "drowsiness" side effect. Again, we do not know, and I am not trying to sleuth her, just trying to put out plausible reasons why she may not have heard anything out of the ordinary...

Again, white noise, ear plugs, sleeping with her headphones in to a podcast, Netflix or those ASMR (think thats what they are called) things, all could have been factors we aren't considering, and yet many people do regularly.

I know plenty of people who have a habit of sleeping with TV's on loud, movies or games on their phones with earbuds, music with earbuds, white noise with ear buds, white noise machines, ASMR with earbuds and so on...

Also, have to remember that a lot of times nurses and Dr's sleep IN THE HOSPITAL. When I am in the hospital I get no rest because of beeping and lights and doors, but they are so used to those sounds that they can and do go and take time to get a decent rest when things are quiet...

And with that, say the car door beeped as he loaded up AND she did hear it while asleep, it easily could have went into her subconscious as the sounds of work...

UGH so many reasons why she could have slept through. I know all of us as parents want to say "that would never be me" but if every single one of us who said that was right, these bad things would never happen....

IF we add in the possibility that WM premeditated this we could also go further back into the night and see if maybe they had a glass of wine or if he made dinner or something, it could have been drugged to make sure she would sleep through and she may not ever have had a clue... had they done a blood test on her the morning they called in they may have found that out, but we will never know if there was something to CAUSE her to sleep that maybe she wasn't even aware of...

All a possibility. This is tragic when I think of what could have happened. Bad enough with what we know. Thanks.😊

I'm not quite sure why some are stating that the father turned himself in to LE and confessed. I have not read that he has confessed to anything other than being present when Sherin "choked" on the milk and quit breathing. He has only admitted that he "assisted" her in drinking the milk. Careful wording on his part, IMO. He is insinuating that her death was accidental.
Personally I don't think that he had a case of feeling guilt. I think he feels that what happened to Sherin wasn't his fault at all but her own fault for not "listening" to him and drinking her milk as ordered. I think he is a man who has to be in control of everything, including controlling when he goes to the police department. He decides when to go in, not LE making the decision on when to bring him in.
I also think that the mother is doing exactly what he instructed her to do ie., keep her mouth shut and just say she was sleeping.
Just my opinion here.

Would depend on whathow much. I have severe PTSD from my past (which you may have read a bit about in some of my previous posts) and as a result I take several prescribed sleep medications. Even with fairly high doses, I still hear when my child calls my name, and I wake to fully alert when they do so. I am not stumbling around slurring my words sort of thing. BUT, if this was not my "normal" my body would clearly respond differently, so I am saying she MAY take a sleep aid nightly, therefore she would still likely be perfectly functioning if a child were to be up sick and needing extra help, calling her name and so on, but otherwise she would be in a sleep-state where whatever "normal" sounds in her house wouldn't generally affect her. That is the case with how my medications work for me.

Something else that just came to mind is some of my own medications say that they can also be used to treat seizures and other disorders. We do not know Sini's medical history but if she is prone to something like seizures she may take a medication every night that does carry the "drowsiness" side effect. Again, we do not know, and I am not trying to sleuth her, just trying to put out plausible reasons why she may not have heard anything out of the ordinary...

Again, white noise, ear plugs, sleeping with her headphones in to a podcast, Netflix or those ASMR (think thats what they are called) things, all could have been factors we aren't considering, and yet many people do regularly.

I know plenty of people who have a habit of sleeping with TV's on loud, movies or games on their phones with earbuds, music with earbuds, white noise with ear buds, white noise machines, ASMR with earbuds and so on...

Also, have to remember that a lot of times nurses and Dr's sleep IN THE HOSPITAL. When I am in the hospital I get no rest because of beeping and lights and doors, but they are so used to those sounds that they can and do go and take time to get a decent rest when things are quiet...

And with that, say the car door beeped as he loaded up AND she did hear it while asleep, it easily could have went into her subconscious as the sounds of work...

UGH so many reasons why she could have slept through. I know all of us as parents want to say "that would never be me" but if every single one of us who said that was right, these bad things would never happen....

IF we add in the possibility that WM premeditated this we could also go further back into the night and see if maybe they had a glass of wine or if he made dinner or something, it could have been drugged to make sure she would sleep through and she may not ever have had a clue... had they done a blood test on her the morning they called in they may have found that out, but we will never know if there was something to CAUSE her to sleep that maybe she wasn't even aware of...

I have no problem believing someone could sleep thorough it. I am a terribly light sleeper, but I've known people who could sleep through literally almost anything. I think it's plausible she could have slept through without medication, being overtired, etc. Her behavior after the fact is (IMO) baffling and so abnormal that it makes me doubt this. BUT, I can recognize it would not be too unusual for someone to sleep through a variety of horrible things. Your list definitely expands on this to show the variety of reasons that could allow someone to sleep through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melavista21