Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are missing the bigger picture.
This makes me sick.
Decide for yourself.
I don't know why he would drown his child in milk, but it is done

"Each state in the country, it seems, has chillingly evolved their own unique ways of killing baby girls: drowning the infant in a bucket of milk"

*https://in.news.yahoo.com/trends-killing-girl-child-084124279.html

http://time.com/3830874/2000-girls-killed-every-day-india-minister/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-end-female-infanticide-idUSBRE9B206P20131203

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2377330/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm not quite sure why some are stating that the father turned himself in to LE and confessed. I have not read that he has confessed to anything other than being present when Sherin "choked" on the milk and quit breathing. He has only admitted that he "assisted" her in drinking the milk. Careful wording on his part, IMO. He is insinuating that her death was accidental.
Personally I don't think that he had a case of feeling guilt. I think he feels that what happened to Sherin wasn't his fault at all but her own fault for not "listening" to him and drinking her milk as ordered. I think he is a man who has to be in control of everything, including controlling when he goes to the police department. He decides when to go in, not LE making the decision on when to bring him in.
I also think that the mother is doing exactly what he instructed her to do ie., keep her mouth shut and just say she was sleeping.
Just my opinion here.

I think in the majority of cases that you'd probably be right on the mark. But often when one thing happens 95% of the time and another only 5% or less, then our brains are programmed to give the majority-time explanation. I think it's a human thing and it takes a complement of multi-disciplinary LE examination to turn up the minority-time explanation, as even then the public might find it really hard to believe.

For this reason I think we should always be careful of assumptions, even about the observations of our own eyes and brains, because we can be confused by things that have happened in our past, in our experience, that every time we've read, seen, experienced something that there was one reason, so we extrapolate that it must be the same reason this time, and we actually end up interpreting what we see and hear through that narrative that we expect to be the explanation.

That's why it's so important to have the evidence in court given and not just a confession, not just an eyewitness report, but to also have psychologist analysis, to do statement analysis, etc.

When I read the report that WM said "she wouldn't listen to me" I took note of the word "me" at the end in the thought that it was self-incriminating despite a lot of other aspects of the stories sounding more generalistic. And I think there could be multiple reasons for the more generalistic tone, it could be blaming the victim, it could be an attempt to make a cover story that changes grammatical use.

And, though I don't know a lot about statement analysis it's something I am currently very curious about, and I am concerned at that discipline at some of the conclusions I see being drawn, because some turns of phrase can be dialectical, they can come down to someone not having English as their first language, and conclusions risk coming from a majority-case conclusion...which is why they work through every single word and sentence and not just one single thing and they can still really (imo) only say that there's 7/10 things in this statement that imply something is being hidden and you should look in a particular area for that hidden thing but they can't say for certain what that hidden thing actually is.

The human brain is wired to see a dead body with someone standing over it with a smoking gun and voila: we know what happened and who the killer is. Ninety-nine times out of a hundred we'd be right. But not every time.

A possible third reason comes to mind...that he has a very strong need to protect another involved party for whatever reason (remember, LE was saying there might be another arrest or arrests). That reason might be because the accomplice might be someone he's close to, OR, (less likely but also possible) an accomplice might be threatening him to take the fall for the entire thing or harm will come to people he cares about.

WM's quickness to implicate himself (twice now) with a story that is as heinous as it is ludicrous is unusual IMO. It is one of the main reasons why I think he did not act alone, in fact. His actions and statements, while illogical, also seem calculated and diversionary to me.

Let me first say that I do not believe that something similar to this happened with Sherin but not only has a Dad been arrested for a crime someone in the household committed and charged with Capital Murder.

[FONT=&quot]On Thursday, a Texas father was cleared of a murder charge in the [/FONT]asphyxiation death of his 2-year-old daughter[FONT=&quot] after prosecutors learned that his 7-year-old son admitted being responsible, PEOPLE confirms.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The capital murder charge against Anthony Michael Sanders was dismissed, a spokeswoman from the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office tells PEOPLE. According to [/FONT]NBC 4[FONT=&quot], Sanders’ son said that when he was 5 years old, he rolled a heavy pillow onto his sister Ellie’s face and couldn’t remove it.[/FONT]

http://people.com/crime/texas-father-cleared-murder-daughter-son-allegedly-responsible/

He did say when first charged that the son may have done it, but he sat n jail for 1 1/2 years awaiting trial on Capital Murder in Texas of all places.
Hmmmm

Hey!
Sorry, but I had to skip over about 200+ posts - any "date" for his arraignment?

TIA! Great discussion here, and thanks for posting articles.

Hey!
Sorry, but I had to skip over about 200+ posts - any "date" for his arraignment?

I think they would have to know exactly what to charge MW for to have the arraignment hearing, but not sure. I think to date he has been charged with his 2nd. story to Injury of a child. But that covers variations of the type of injury to the child, which as of yet hasn't been determined by the coroner and autopsy. I don't know how that will go if they can't determine the exact cause of death? It's not as cut and dry as to just the injury
Here are the laws in regard to the charge he currently faces of Injury to a child
(quote)
Injury to a Child Charges in Texas

https://www.versustexas.com/crimina...tween_Bodily_Injury_and_Serious_Bodily_Injury

Our kids had separate bedrooms, but still slept 'family bed style' until they were 4 or 5. They took naps in their rooms, played with toys, got dressed in there, had friends over to play with etc. But at night they usually all slept with us in our extra King size bed. :baby:

Two of mine didn't sleep in our bed but two did, but only up to the age of 2.
I guess it just depends what parents prefer.

Here is some info. on the arraignment hearing
(quote)
When Does Arraignment Occur?

Arraignment must occur within a reasonable time after arrest. An unreasonable delay violates the defendant’s federal constitutional Sixth Amendment right to a speedy trial. If a criminal complaint, information or indictment is issued and the prosecutor’s office or the court does not schedule the case for arraignment until months or years later, the defendant’s attorney can ask that the case be dismissed because of the delay. The judge must review the circumstances of the delay and determine whether the delay was unreasonable.
What Happens at Arraignment

How courts conduct arraignments and what occurs varies with each state’s laws and its state constitution.
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.c...defense-case/criminal-arraignment-what-expect

So just from the few posts I’m able to read from my cell phone, some think this was born of an Indian custom/ritual to rid oneself of a female child? Why adopt one then? I just don’t see this as the case for murdering Sherin. Something snapped. I wonder if the autopsy results will be released soon?

I LOVE that pretty much daily since Sherin had been missing, that we have had a bit of a lighter O/T topic to sort of allow our brains to refocus! You guys are all awesome! It's truly amazing how a 3 year old that to my knowledge none of us ever met, has brought us together for most of our waking hours everyday and it really has been nice to have a few moments that are more humorous or light.

Justice for Sherin (and everyone on WS) is not going to be easy, but putting our heads together, throwing our theories out there, and even laughing together, will help bring her justice, even if it's not inside of a court room and it is in the fact that her name causes change!

What do you guys think about the community having a petition to have her released to them so that they can have a burial and memorial etc rather than her family or India taking custody of her? I struggle a lot with this one. Part of me thinks that even IF her parents both had something to do with it, that the rest of her family like grandparents, aunts, uncles etc should be the ones to advocate on her behalf if her parents can't... and part of me feels like she really has become a child that we all love and I can understand why having a funeral service for her put on by the people who came together during this time would be a lovely thing to do...

What a nice post, Marisa :) I have enjoyed and appreciated your insights.

I can't really answer your question about the petition. I too am stuck in the middle on that. I can understand the publicfeeling protective over Sherin, I do too. But her family deserve to lay to her rest in the way that they choose. I am torn, but lets say this, I have not signed the petition.

So just from the few posts I’m able to read from my cell phone, some think this was born of an Indian custom/ritual to rid oneself of a female child? Why adopt one then? I just don’t see this as the case for murdering Sherin. Something snapped. I wonder if the autopsy results will be released soon?

I agree, Yellow Rose.

WFAA said it may take up to 90 days to get the results.

Hey!

I haven't seen one yet, Niner. But it shouldn't be too much longer. Arraignments are usually pretty quick.

[FONT=&amp]These reports describe her progress and repeatedly mention she was "adjusting well" in her new home and appeared to be "secure and comfortable" in her the surroundings.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The reports also describe her as a child with "pleasant disposition", someone who "was more stoic when we first met but her personality is starting to develop and she is more animated now".[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]He said the reports submitted to the CARA were detailed and spread over 5-6 pages, each of them carrying 4-5 photos of the child[/FONT]

The four reports submitted recorded the girl's one-month, three-month, half-yearly and annual progress after she was placed with the adoptive family in the US.

http://newsable.asianetnews.com/kerala/sherin-mathews-was-adjusting-well-with-new-family

I posted on that subject but I don't suggest it's likely. My thinking was more along the lines that we might not yet have the full story, more information might turn up from the autopsy...and though it seems most likely that someone (WM) snapped there's a remote possibility of someone having a moment of temporary insanity brought on by some new stressor that we're not aware of that made someone feel they could no longer parent the adopted child, but they couldn't give up the child in a legal manner and so they resorted to a method that might be familiar in some regard due to a cultural background...if I've heard of it then it should have been heard of in India and among people whose families originate there and it might come into their temporarily insane mind that this is the answer.

For me it's about covering all possible angles, and the 'choking on food/drink' made the connection seem potentially relevant to bring up.

I completely agree and we had a similar discussion earlier in this thread.
We also don't know the layout of the house. It's 2300 sq ft and one story. Many times houses are built with the master suite separate from other bedrooms. It's very possible that the garage is off the kitchen and laundry is between them. Nearly impossible to hear if your bedroom is near the front door.
b5d801a65245b1a8be3a49ab67901d38.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Example of house size below:
Thank you. Seriously! I swear you are the first person I have seen give this consideration and it is most likely true. Most houses in the area are like this.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

You are so right about the removal of her body. I neglected to include that admittance in my post. I don't know how he could have explained it any other way since her body had been found. I think he was forced to have to admit this part. I wish we knew why he felt the need to lie about her death and the removal and concealment of her body.
I think it is likely a normal human response to lie about something like this. The shock and horror of it all...knowing what one has done and the consequences...most people would not want to admit this sort of thing and likely for many reasons.

I'm Indian and know the culture quite well. Co sleeping is definitely a common practice. In saying that, it's only common because many households in India only have a single bedroom. Considering they lived in the US, Sherin could have had her own bedroom and slept there.

It is definitely not the husband's duty to cover for his wife. If anything, he would leave her in a heartbeat and be married the next month to another woman.

Having a good family reputation is however quite a big deal. I personally feel Sini is not saying anything because she doesn't want to give herself or her family a bad reputation. Because of what is happening to the Mathews, the extended family will all have a bad reputation due to them and will be avoided by the Indian society.

Sini saying anything bad about Wesley goes against all cultural norms no matter what the situation is.

Please note I am only speculating as I come from the same culture and am saying what my family would do in a similar situation.

Thank you so much for giving us your personal experience with Indian cultural practices. I have always thought that cultural beliefs were likely playing some role in the actions/inactions of the parents. I think it is likely that a lot of us have some cultural practices or ideals that could be traced back through the generations to our ancestors. JMO

Yes, this.
Honestly...I think it is easy to say how we would respond...or how we think others would/should respond...but no one really knows how they would respond until it happens to them. The few pictures and videos I have seen of the father with the child...he looks to have had genuine love for the girl. Maybe he lost it that night. If that is the case...anyone who has not been in that situation cannot begin to imagine what he was going through after it happened. And even if someone had been in the same situation...they still could not accurately assume anything about behavior and actions because they are not him. They did not grow up as him...or live his life experiences which led him to become who is is today. We are all different. We are from different families. Different cultures. Different regions. Different religions. Different life circumstances. Different everything. You cannot (or rather should not) make assumptions about behavior/words/actions based on what you would do or your opinion of what someone should do. I am not trying to be mean when I say this...I am also not trying to make excuses for anyone or justifying any behavior. Hopefully what I've just said makes sense.

I think it is likely a normal human response to lie about something like this. The shock and horror of it all...knowing what one has done and the consequences...most people would not want to admit this sort of thing and likely for many reasons.

I think there is nothing normal about dumping the dead body of one's toddler into a culvert to rot, which was part of his lie.

For that matter, I don't think it is normal to force feed a two-year-old to the point of aspiration, either. But lying and dumping her dead little body? Even more aberrant.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member