Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a poll, who has ever done anything remotely close to bringing your 4 year old to a garage to feed them milk (or ensure if thats what it was)

There is a troubled history for adopted kids....

I've raised three kids and in nearly every house we lived in we had a fridge in the garage (usually after upgrading). In our current house we have a spare fridge in the (large) laundry room.

Never have I given food or drink to my kids or grandkids in the garage/laundry room. If the drink is something my kids want/need on a regular basis then it's stored in the kitchen fridge for convenience.

I have brought drinks to my kids when they've woken up in the middle of the night - to their bedroom or the kitchen. But to a dirty, stinky garage where my car was parked? GMAB! Ooh, I'm really mad! :mad:

Now reporters are saying she was identified using DENTAL records....

Richardson police had a tweet regarding it and it was deleted..........

Anyone else having problems reading this thread? For the last two or three days I have been able to read a page or two, then the posts don’t come up.

Just a thought, but perhaps he didn't wake his wife up for fear she would be mad at him? My suspicions are growing..........

"Mad" would be an understatement if this was my husband. He wouldn't have needed to worry about what lies he could tell 😡

This case is breaking my heart. I look at pictures and videos of Sherin and want to grab her, hold, love her, and make her life wonderful. I want to take her to beach and play in the sand, buy her puppy, go to Disneyland, read her stories, play dress up, show her how to ride a pony. This little doll deserved so much more.

I cannot fathom what has happened to this adorable little girl. I cannot fathom it.

MOO

I'm so conflicted about the role of the mother in all of this. There are rumours on social media about Sherin being closer to her dad and Sini not being thrilled about adopting a special needs kid, therefore dad took care of Sherin mostly. I can certainly understand mum wanting to get her biological daughter back but I can't believe she didn't know anything about this. Assuming Wesley was solely responsible for Sherin's death, and Sini slept through it all - Wesley would've at least told her that something happened and Sherin was in fact dead. And what does she do? She lawyers up, doesn't talk to the police, doesn't look for her daughter (because she knew she was dead?). Is that not with-holding information, at the very least?
This is close to how I feel. I really really want sink to be totally innocent and not known anything about what happened, for the sake of the bio daughter. It will be bad enough her growing knowing that one parent was involved, never mind both parents. Before coming to WS I never thought like this but I think because I've read so many cases with BAD parents, I'm quite jaded now. Its the morning and waiting so long that makes me wonder too. I'd like to think if my OH had done that I would see him acting differently and I would know.

Now that he has admitted to his actions, is THIS enough to terminate his parental rights?

I hope there is enough evidence to prove what REALLY happened, and I don't believe it was milk she choked on...........

Maybe, probably. But don't look for it to happen like it does on TV (everything gets resolved in the course of an hour). Whole lotta due process gotta happen.

It wasn't that dark that night - it was the day after the full moon and is still recorded as 100%. We didn't have any bad weather either so the sky would have been clear.
I'm just thinking that even though I fully believe the whole "in the garage force feeding and God only knows what else" is evil and monstrous - I don't believe it was "premeditated" - it probably was an accident - unintended and with horrifying consequences.
However, I do think she was adopted because he had sexual predator tendencies - sorry but I just can't get past this thought in my mind. I also believe he hid her body to cover up more than just a "possible" faint bruise she might have incurred while being force fed. She was too tiny to need much force, I think.
And, I'm not convinced - he was tired and snapped - weren't the 3am feedings normal for them? I think he was a Night owl - which is why he did those feedings - he may have worked during those hours, as well - or watched *advertiser censored* (that will be revealed if true with forensic analysis). I used to be an IT tech, I worked late into the night more often than day work.
I hope I'm wrong about this - it's bad enough he watched her die without calling for help - without imagining what he might have done to her for months before he finally killed her.

We don't know yet what they want to discuss with the mom, but I don't think she was an accomplice in her death. But, that they didn't call authorities for so many hours seems suspicious to me, so I wonder what she did know prior to calling them.
Or may need to divulge the autopsy results to her privately -
At any rate they have made the request.
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Exactly. When my husband found one of our animals had collapsed, he rushed her to me and I attempted CPR. I cannot wrap my mind around this at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One morning years ago I heard my neighbor screaming. I went out and her dog was hanging on the other side of their fence with a choker collar. I got a knife and cut the dog down and tried CPR on the dog.

Neighbors dog, a dog, and CPR was done. Imagine if it had been a child, my child? I would have moved heaven and earth to get the child to breathe. But not Wesley. Nope, he starts planning how to dump the body. He doesn't wake up his LVN wife who knows how to do this stuff. He plans to get rid of the evidence.

"Mad" would be an understatement if this was my husband. He wouldn't have needed to worry about what lies he could tell 😡
AMEN!! And I would probably end up the one on trial after I got done with him. Moms can become mean grizzlies where our children are concerned.

this is to SEAJAY i think thats what kind thoughtful people do. xxxx

Richardson Police‏ @RichardsonTX_PD 3h3 hours ago
More
Today Dallas M.E. has confirmed the identity of child recovered on 10/22 as 3yo Sherin Mathews using dental records. Cause of death pending.

Perfectly said - I agree.
Now she choked on the milk she wouldn't drink and this all happened in the GARAGE at 3:00 am no less. Hmmm....in the garage so nothing can be heard by anyone. Hmmmm.....

Well, if my child was choking to death, and my significant other was a nurse, I'd grab my child, run to the nurse screaming for help because the NURSE can help.

I don't think, my first reaction would be to watch my child die and do nothing, and then take my DEAD child and hide her in a culvert not far from home.

If everything is on the up and up, and a 3 year old choked on a drink of milk, no foul, no harm but a tragedy. Accidents happen.

This was not an accident.

This is also going to get a lot worse I fear. Once again, there is some truth in his newly concocted story. The garage scenario has me terribly concerned.

MOO

Yes, but a child choking should not be fatal. Anyone with even the most basic first aid knowledge should be able to handle that situation, and if not in most cases paramedics should be able to arrive in time to handle it.

Absolutely someone should have been called, or CPR attempted or something. No question.

However, based on some local pool drownings, even immediately available trained personnel are sometimes unable to revive a small child who has aspirated fluids. It happens SO FAST.

Still WM's complete inaction certainly raises a whole host of new questions. And in the garage!

AMEN!! And I would probably end up the one on trial after I got done with him. Moms can become mean grizzlies where our children are concerned.

Yup. I don't even care if she was an abused wife. He would have to kill me for me to allow something like this to happen. That would include keeping my mouth shut to protect him when police question me.

Someone mentioned on previous thread with first mugshot that everyone gets the towel for the pics.

Some cities do use a towel for all mugshots. It just varies by the city where the jail is located. (in Texas that is)

Anyone else having problems reading this thread? For the last two or three days I have been able to read a page or two, then the posts don’t come up.
Try rebooting your device.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

She knows something. They know she knows something. I'm not going against TOS and saying she harmed Sherin. I'm saying she knows who he is and what he is capable of. She needs to talk. I hope she will, but I doubt it. She wants her other child back, and I suspect she fears that sharing what went on in the home will be what takes her away forever.
As of up to now, I feel that she is in an absolutely unthinkable position. That could change as more information comes out, of course, but for right now I feel she's been battered, controlled, terrified.

The only thing that gives me pause is the nursing job.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I wish he would have said (or we would have been told) of where he had placed her body when removing it from the home. The culvert seems to be causing so many questions, and so much speculation of her being moved. If he had said he had placed her there, or somewhere else, it could help with those questions. I am sure LE is holding back some of this info but it would be so good to know. Esp since LE says they searched that area previously. I know LE aren't the bad guys, but it would be good to have a bit of an explanation as to how they missed a body if that is where she was located from the beginning.
I keep seeing the way the searchers were "looking" along those bushes by the water in the college area and how nonchalant they seemed to be and how they didn't even really look into the brush. Perhaps they searched that area as a diversion so weren't really LOOKING and were just men on the ground, but if they searched the culvert area in this same fashion I can see how they would have missed her, especially if she ends up having been in a bag or something that could easily pass off as something likely to have already washed into a culvert...

BIG SIGH

I watched that also and noted the seeming casual nature of the searches. But, we don't know exactly what they were doing/looking for at that point. We do know that they were using drones for the search. I also noted that while there was an appearance of just standing around, the were also kinda rooted in a pattern surrounding the dam, with one guy on the dam and several others equally spaced on either bank. I kept expecting something to happen (like dragging a net through the water). But the guy standing on the dam did seem to be in radio (or phone, whatever, I'm old) contact with someone else. So, maybe their MO was to use the drones overhead to spot inconsistencies or stuff disturbed, etc and then radio the boots on the ground to actually search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710