Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an observation of the mugshot. It appears as though while WM shaved likely for court yesterday, that he is wearing a towel, which would indicate to me (based on experience from friends/family who have been arrested) that he is likely on suicide watch. I know many of us did speculate he may try and do that before being arrested, so I think that towel may be a sign of that. Just my opinion and I am not in Texas to know if that is a standard procedure there, but here if you are suicidal in custody they basically strip you of all of your clothes and give you a gown to wear that is made of a fabric that is almost impossible to tear or knot, they even remove your underwear. If you get a blanket it is made of the same material as the gown. Just seems odd that he is wearing a towel instead of a tshirt, unless they have him on suicide watch and were trying to be discreet. JMO
attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerr...024189173698/1043024189173698/?type=3&theater

Collin county does this for all mugshots...

Yes this!!! "She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the warrant reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died." . What?! This was no accident.
I agree with you. This is another story to justify that probably he murdered sweet sweet Sherin! How come he thought of "removing the body" instead of calling for help! I can't even

Just a thought, but perhaps he didn't wake his wife up for fear she would be mad at him? My suspicions are growing..........

Im sure youre sick of hearing it and have learned a FACT about the jails towel situation :laughing:

Oh, Sherin. Our hearts break for you. The angels came and carried you softly and tenderly to a safe and happy place where you are free and surrounded by love. Now you play with Caylee and Kyron and all the other beautiful babies that were made to leave too soon. I will think of you always, sitting in the warm sun and laughing with your little playmates. Safe and sound.

There are some consistencies here which include 3 am, the milk and being outside. I think he would’ve had to literally force the milk down her throat for her to drown. This all had to happen while she was protecting her airway by coughing. She may have also vomited. I don’t know if I believe his story. So terrible, poor baby.

The first story when I read it I thought ********. Like he was trying to set coyotes up for taking the child away so that would be the reason why they'd find the body. Kids can be a handful I have three. My youngest has the strangest requests at 3am such as turn my tablet on, I'm going to scream and wake the whole house if you don't do what I say mentality. ---so the whole taking out to the garage thing to not make any noise is just suspicious. If he wakes up my DH and other kids well we are all in this together because we decided to be parents. So the fact they adopted her and with special needs it doesn't make sense to take the child into a secluded garage for feedings just makes me really shudder at what could of happened.

I am not thrilled to see what the ME finds. I also had a thought of what if she wasn't dead when he dumped her but possibly dying. How terrible and cruel. That poor child. I really hope he stays behind bars and gets the book thrown at him. Then also my mind wonders since she was adopted and they are trying to get back their biological daughter just makes it even more strange. Just my thoughts.

Also-call me crazy but I just don't think milk has much to do with it.(as far as the actual cause i dont think is choking)I think that just may be something that was involved to make it seem more consistent when they do an examination.

There are some consistencies here which include 3 am, the milk and being outside. I think he would’ve had to literally force the milk down her throat for her to drown. This all had to happen while she was protecting her airway by coughing. She may have also vomited. I don’t know if I believe his story. So terrible, poor baby.
In the warrant of arrest it says WM Sweet Sherin "won't listen to him" regarding drinking the milk at 3.00 a. m IN THE GARAGE, and he "physically assisted" her, and then Sherin began to choke. OMG OMG OMG, i can't take it, poor sweet tiny baby :(

I'm not sure I want to know what really happened to little Sherin. I think it will be so much worse than this new version of events. UGH.

I am fully confident LE is in control of this situation and working to bring as many charges as possible. May he rot.

Was the garage a normal place for these "feedings" in the wee hours of the morning? Because why?

Just a poll, who has ever done anything remotely close to bringing your 4 year old to a garage to feed them milk (or ensure if thats what it was)

There is a troubled history for adopted kids....

In the warrant of arrest it says WM Sweet Sherin "won't listen to him" regarding drinking the milk at 3.00 a. m IN THE GARAGE, and he "physically assisted" her, and then Sherin began to choke. OMG OMG OMG, i can't take it, poor sweet tiny baby :(

BBM.

That's where I am right now. I'm quiet because I'm afraid of whats to come.

I wish he would have said (or we would have been told) of where he had placed her body when removing it from the home. The culvert seems to be causing so many questions, and so much speculation of her being moved. If he had said he had placed her there, or somewhere else, it could help with those questions. I am sure LE is holding back some of this info but it would be so good to know. Esp since LE says they searched that area previously. I know LE aren't the bad guys, but it would be good to have a bit of an explanation as to how they missed a body if that is where she was located from the beginning.
I keep seeing the way the searchers were "looking" along those bushes by the water in the college area and how nonchalant they seemed to be and how they didn't even really look into the brush. Perhaps they searched that area as a diversion so weren't really LOOKING and were just men on the ground, but if they searched the culvert area in this same fashion I can see how they would have missed her, especially if she ends up having been in a bag or something that could easily pass off as something likely to have already washed into a culvert...

BIG SIGH

That is interesting. I live down the road from Collin County Jail so I tend to notice these things.... didn't realize they were doing away with this practice. Sadly, I remember it being part of the discussion in the Christina Morris case....
I just image searched "texas mugshots towel" and yes, there are a lot of people with towels draped over them like this. Weird. But damn, it's depressing to see all those faces so I'm not sure I can recommend that particular search.

And I found this:
Collin County will no longer drape inmates with towels for mugshots

I wonder where the flip flops play into this? He’s lied about everything else - was she really wearing flip flops? “Here, put on your flip flops before we step inside the garage for your nightly feeding.” That just seems so off. Did he add flip flops to the initial story because it seemed like she would need shoes to go stand next to the tree?

No matter how many scenarios I might imagine - and I've truly tried to find a plausible excuse for his actions (stories) that night - I am convinced this man is a child predator that was prepping Sherin for months before her death to feed his perversions. It would explain the love and attitude she had towards "Daddy" in the videos. She got special attention from him.
However, there's probably some "truth" (he always includes some truth in his stories) that he was trying to help her get bigger or grow faster but she didn't and all the loving "foreplay" turned to impatient, predator aggression and force that killed her that night in the garage.
If all the "innocent" and/or "accidental" conjectures were entertained - it CANNOT explain why a "loving" father would place the body of a precious child in a gutter (culvert) to rot and decay unless there was some physical DNA evidence on her or in her that would convict him and reveal the truth.

Something that I haven't been able to shake. In several articles the adoption agency said they insisted on adopting Sherin. I know it probably means nothing. It's just one of those things that sticks out to me.

Was she ever going to be safe in that home?

The word "eventually" makes me want to scream. Who the heck checks for a pulse in such a situation? That just sounds like bullcrap. I believe in some adoptions CPR training is a requirement. Does anyone know if it was required in this case?

I sure hope they are ready to give a press conference on the autopsy results. I also hope the results cause them to remove all bond from WM so he cannot get out. This man actually thought he'd get away with this? So arrogant. I hope he goes on trial for murder. That is what he did.

I wonder where the flip flops play into this? He’s lied about everything else - was she really wearing flip flops? “Here, put on your flip flops before we step inside the garage for your nightly feeding.” That just seems so off. Did he add flip flops to the initial story because it seemed like she would need shoes to go stand next to the tree?

JMO on that- he tried to cover the first story of being outside. Probably realized leaving a child outside where there's coyotes at 3am wasn't going to fly once they found the body. No doubt she probably was found in them because he planned the first story. Now is covering it with another.

I wish he would have said (or we would have been told) of where he had placed her body when removing it from the home. The culvert seems to be causing so many questions, and so much speculation of her being moved. If he had said he had placed her there, or somewhere else, it could help with those questions. I am sure LE is holding back some of this info but it would be so good to know. Esp since LE says they searched that area previously. I know LE aren't the bad guys, but it would be good to have a bit of an explanation as to how they missed a body if that is where she was located from the beginning.
I keep seeing the way the searchers were "looking" along those bushes by the water in the college area and how nonchalant they seemed to be and how they didn't even really look into the brush. Perhaps they searched that area as a diversion so weren't really LOOKING and were just men on the ground, but if they searched the culvert area in this same fashion I can see how they would have missed her, especially if she ends up having been in a bag or something that could easily pass off as something likely to have already washed into a culvert...

BIG SIGH

I dont see anything about cops saying they looked there beforehand....we will see eventually though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme